Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products (19864 Views)

Itel’s 108MP Camera Phone With Mediatek G91 Chip Is Worth The Hype? / Most Expensive Apple Products That Would Make Girls Mad, Coming To Nigeria Soon / UBA Launches "Leo" Services On Apple Business Chat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2017
ollah1:

You were making sense until the bolded, mind breaking it down.
The new iPhones came with AR using just your smartphone, a new portrait mode that changes the background and faceID which is face recognition using new technology, and animoji and a bionic chip on an iphone. All industry firsts

From next year you'll begin to see this technology on other phones. It is the way it has always been. Apple brings that new thing that everyone follows. Im not saying other companies do not innovate, but just look at the list of innovations just the iphone X came with. For others, innovation happens once in a while. Over the years, this has earned apple the respect and hype it gets today.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 24, 2017
PhonePlanet:

The new iPhones came with AR using just your smartphone, a new portrait mode that changes the background and faceID which is face recognition using new technology, and animoji and a bionic chip on an iphone. All industry firsts

From next year you'll begin to see this technology on other phones. It is the way it has always been. Apple brings that new thing that everyone follows. Im not saying other companies do not innovate, but just look at the list of innovations just the iphone X came with. For others, innovation happens once in a while. Over the years, this has earned apple the respect and hype it gets today.

Plain nonsense.

How is iPhone X the first phone with AI tech when Lenovo PHAB and Asus Zenfone does just that with Tango technology? I have replied all these in my previous comments. You write loads of lies oo

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 9:12am On Sep 24, 2017
gonkin:
Sometimes i wonder what Apple users enjoy about the apple. A friend lent me his iPhone 6 and under 24 hours, i got tired of it. Its a booorrrrriiinnng device where even if u had internet connection u still need apple id. Dont mess with android, its the best

Microsoft killed nokia with the windows mobile. Now they are engaging with the Android

Blackberry tried with rim but they are still tapping functions from the android. Even the stupid passport, when i see people holding that phone, i shake my head like these guys and enjoying with a sad face.

I see people with apple and i wonder, its just hype, no bigggi

I mean forget cost, if samsung made the infinix x551, it would be a hype phone too. Because a common x551 can do far more than some apple devices

Na only camera. Abi. For me if u flashing me with ur bloody E.Y.E phone, u on a long thing. Apple is an expensive splinter

I can tell you are lying in your first paragraph because you dont need apple id to browse the internet. Only to download apps just like android will also request a google account to do the same. So stop lying in other to bash apple and get likes

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 24, 2017
PhonePlanet:

I can tell you are lying in your first paragraph because you dont need apple id to browse the internet. Only to download apps just like android will also request a google account to do the same. So stop lying in other to bash apple and get likes

You only need Google account to download from the playstore. You can download elsewhere without Google account

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by stilldoingokay(f): 9:20am On Sep 24, 2017
Johnpaul01:
Everything concerning apple is over hyped, the main fruit is #80 for 1(money for 4 sweet oranges), the phones and laptops are too expensive also. The only good apple product is APPLE HAIR CREAM. Period!

bhahahaha. apple hair cream.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 9:22am On Sep 24, 2017
ollah1:

Plain nonsense.

How is iPhone X the first phone with AI tech when Lenovo PHAB and Asus Zenfone does just that with Tango technology? I have replied all these in my previous comments. You write loads of lies oo

"plain nonsense" and "i write loads of lies" meanwhile you only managed to reply one point out of everything i wrote. Really?

Anyways. Yes the tango tech existed but apple took it to the next level you are about to witnesses what the tango technology could not do in almost 2 years, within few months.

If the tango tech was so matured as AR is on the iphone, both Samsung and LG flagships would have had it.

And if you want to reply me this time. Kindly proof me wrong and not just say I'm typing nonsense. Cos its not.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by sniperr007(m): 9:22am On Sep 24, 2017
dulux07:
Branding. Good marketing.

And lastly, its USA. any product from usa is always somehow
overhyped

They revolutionized mobile phone as we know it. Created a billion dollar industry(apps & eco systems) plus they had style in their products.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 9:23am On Sep 24, 2017
ollah1:

You only need Google account to download from the playstore. You can download elsewhere without Google account
Sure. And open your phone to security risks
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 24, 2017
PhonePlanet:

Sure. And open your phone to security risks

Choice. I only corrected your lies and besides China doesn't have playstore on their Android devices and they are pretty much safe.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by ewizard1: 9:28am On Sep 24, 2017
aku626:
Bruh apple doesn't use flash and i suppose the site uses flash, it's a secured device they don't implement any technology that could be compromised easily if it's necessary they'd find a way around it. The sim slot is for data solely. You can gift your device to me for free if your me tired of it.

Okay, but read your post and tell me why it should be labeled a "SMARTPHONE" and try to compete with ones that out-perfom it!

it's very funny!

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 24, 2017
PhonePlanet:

"plain nonsense" and "i write loads of lies" meanwhile you only managed to reply one point out of everything i wrote. Really?

Anyways. Yes the tango tech existed but apple took it to the next level you are about to witnesses what the tango technology could not do in almost 2 years, within few months.

If the tango tech was so matured as AR is on the iphone, both Samsung and LG flagships would have had it.

And if you want to reply me this time. Kindly proof me wrong and not just say I'm typing nonsense. Cos its not.

I quoted you with different comments and I didn't wanna do the same thing hence, "i have replied with earlier comments" but you chose to ignore that.

The discourse was first to do it and not how it's done. You lied that iPhone X was the first creditig Apple to it but that was a lie. Like i said earlier, easy with your lies sir
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by NLOwner(m): 9:29am On Sep 24, 2017
Joseunlimited:
Apple product is the best

A dual core

It doesn't hang like other products

Good battery

Actually you're a slay queen without sense... angry

Haven't you heard of Octa-core??

Where's the good battery? IPhone users are legendary wall huggers.. cheesy

Don't even get me started...‎ undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Deoboss(m): 9:31am On Sep 24, 2017
Johnpaul01:
Everything concerning apple is over hyped, the main fruit is #80 for 1(money for 4 sweet oranges), the phones and laptops are too expensive also. The only good apple product is APPLE HAIR CREAM. Period!

Note: Apple (fruit) is #100 for 1 & not #80 in most areas. Back to the subject, Apple i-phone is class,it's luxury, it's prestige, it's a statement, brand for upper clasa & it was made for the select few irrespective of the features being available on cheaper brands of phones. Before now no big deal in this area of land back then e.g Banana island, Parkview Est, Lekki ph1(formerly Maroko slum, sand-field) etc as who wants to buy land there or invest on buying but then some wealthy few decided to invest there & cut class in it & live exclusively. Today it is for the rich because they invested a lot & don't want to live with some certain sub-class. So therefore same with Apple as it is for a select few (am not arrogant but just the basic truth/reality)
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by ewizard1: 9:31am On Sep 24, 2017
50shadesofme:

If you check the logo well well you will realize that all the missing bits & functions and apps are what was bitten off, the best you can ever invest in is Android no restrictions its affordable and most of all its yours to use as you please

Now, that is a "SMARTPHONE"

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Deoboss(m): 9:45am On Sep 24, 2017
UncutSk:
Samsung any day over that overpriced peice of hardware
It is quite expensive no doubt on one hand but again on the other hand it is not really over priced. Have you seen an Apple i-phone advert on tv/media, cost of marketing, they pay the best salaries for their staffs, quality materials used in production etc. They produce for a specific market segment of consumer. I know how much i paid for my Lexus RX series car & i know how much a Maybach, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Jaguar & Range rover cost. Are this cars mentioned over priced?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 24, 2017
Deoboss:

It is quite expensive no doubt on one hand but again on the other hand it is not really over priced. Have you seen an Apple i-phone advert on tv/media, cost of marketing, they pay the best salaries for their staffs, quality materials used in production etc. They produce for a specific market segment of consumer. I know how much i paid for my Lexus RX series car & i know how much a Maybach, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Jaguar & Range rover cost. Are this cars mentioned over priced?

Where did you get this information from?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by infolekan(m): 9:50am On Sep 24, 2017
Any one that has ever used an apple product will realize that aside the durability of the phone and the fact that it retains its value over years......he OS is also stable and there’s always support for products that are over e years old self.
My iPad Air 2 is about 3 years old and still doing very well.
And not everyone wants to use their phone as a PSP, Laptop, Tv and POS machine at once. A phone no matter how smart is still a smart phone I’m currently using the S7 edge and I can tell you that I’m tired of it

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Deoboss(m): 9:52am On Sep 24, 2017
ollah1:

Where did you get this information from?
My bros works with them in US
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 9:55am On Sep 24, 2017
ollah1:

Choice. I only corrected your lies and besides China doesn't have playstore on their Android devices and they are pretty much safe.
I cant start explaining what risks im talking about, if you don't understand what risks then dont bother arguing with me. Unless you understand the risk but choose to act ignorant
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 24, 2017
Deoboss:

My bros works with them in US

So your bros also knows the salary structures of other firms in the world? He knows the amount other firms spend on marketing? Pls there are vulnerable people that read comments to reach their own conclusions, don't feed them with lies. It doesn't add anything to your account

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 24, 2017
PhonePlanet:

I cant start explaining what risks im talking about, if you don't understand what risks then dont bother arguing with me. Unless you understand the risk but choose to act ignorant

Is comprehension your problem? I stated that China doesn't allow playstore on their Android devices with makes Chinese download apps from third party stores. Yet you are screaming risk. I'm not arguing with you but only lecturing you and bursting your lies

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 24, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
Well,it's an ostentatious good. And "the higher the price,the higher the quantity demanded.
Doesn't apply to Nigerians.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 10:01am On Sep 24, 2017
ollah1:

I quoted you with different comments and I didn't wanna do the same thing hence, "i have replied with earlier comments" but you chose to ignore that.

The discourse was first to do it and not how it's done. You lied that iPhone X was the first creditig Apple to it but that was a lie. Like i said earlier, easy with your lies sir
I dont see your different comments saying things like animoji was not first on the iPhone. Or bionic chip? Or the face id (talking about the tech used itself?) are the not first on the iPhone? Give some credit to who it is due.

As for the only (one) point you tackled. I did not say you were wrong. I just said it was premature. So technically the first major use (as a matured tech) was on the iphone
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 10:04am On Sep 24, 2017
ollah1:

Is comprehension your problem? I stated that China doesn't allow playstore on their Android devices with makes Chinese download apps from third party stores. Yet you are screaming risk. I'm not arguing with you but only lecturing you and bursting your lies
Ok. Its confirmed. You have no knowledge nor understand the risks im talking about.

Besides we are not talking about china devices here, we are phones that we use, me and you
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 24, 2017
prof1990:
Where do I start from.

1. They have carved a niche for themselves sorry but luxury isn’t for everyone. I have never used an iPhone that is hanging because of memory or something.

2. Security ever heard of iPhone being hacked?

The truth is they get there components from Samsung and the likes but they have just created that niche that can’t be ignored

what is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by PhonePlanet(m): 10:06am On Sep 24, 2017
ewizard1:

Now, that is a "SMARTPHONE"
"Based on your personal preference"
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by tbadejo25: 10:07am On Sep 24, 2017
henry007:
See iPhone 6 plus comparison with Infinix Note 4 finger print sensor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui8QsI90txg

And iPhone 6 plus comparison with Camon CX camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7stH4yQQyw&index=4&list=PLt45CEXp_Z4THIm-C6oP7-rjQHctJD-uk

Nice comparison but i think i'd take the iPhone 6 plus for resale value wink

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Deoboss(m): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2017
ollah1:

So your bros also knows the salary structures of other firms in the world? He knows the amount other firms spend on marketing? Pls there are vulnerable people that read comments to reach their own conclusions, don't feed them with lies. It doesn't add anything to your account
You are Just quoting me out of context, Apple pays one of the highest salaries in that industry & not necessarily paying the highest salaries in the world of other companies that are out of Mobile telephony industry.
My friend works with Airtel here in Nigeria & was telling me about a particular mobile phone company here that pays higher salaries, has highest overhead cost etc. So if he does not know as member staff of that industry, them who else will know? I do not even use an Apple i-phone at the moment mind you. I got an Apple i-phone as gift from my sibling abroad 2yrs ago & i sold it off instantly without opening or using it as i hated it back then. But now am planning on buying a new phone soon & am looking at buying the Apple i-phone SE 64gb (4inch screen) so take not that am not really an Apple i-phone lover so my comments are based on my observation
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 24, 2017
PhonePlanet:

I dont see your different comments saying things like animoji was not first on the iPhone. Or bionic chip? Or the face id (talking about the tech used itself?) are the not first on the iPhone? Give some credit to who it is due.

As for the only (one) point you tackled. I did not say you were wrong. I just said it was premature. So technically the first major use (as a matured tech) was on the iphone

You credited too much for Apple with baseless lies. Your points were Apple were the first to do this and that. Now you are shifting posts that you didn't see my comments when it still on this thread and it was prematured until Apple embraced it.

Bionic chip is a chipset like every regular chipset which power devices. How is that first? Do you even know what you write at all? Well the bolded says it all already

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 24, 2017
Deoboss:

You are Just quoting me out of context, Apple pays one of the highest salaries in that industry & not necessarily paying the highest salaries in the world of other companies that are out of Mobile telephony industry.
My friend works with Airtel here in Nigeria & was telling me about a particular mobile phone company here that pays higher salaries, has highest overhead cost etc. So if he does not know as member staff of that industry, them who else will know? I do not even use an Apple i-phone at the moment mind you. I got an Apple i-phone as gift from my sibling abroad 2yrs ago & i sold it off instantly without opening or using it as i hated it back then. But now am planning on buying a new phone soon & am looking at buying the Apple i-phone SE 64gb (4inch screen) so take not that am not really an Apple i-phone lover so my comments are based on my observation

What does paying the best salaries to thier staff means? Btw, why don't you just buy 7 since it's gonna be cheaper now and more future proof than the SE?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype On Apple Products by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2017
PhonePlanet:

Ok. Its confirmed. You have no knowledge nor understand the risks im talking about.

Besides we are not talking about china devices here, we are phones that we use, me and you

It's obvious you know nothing. Your comment said and i quite " you need Google account to download apps on Android" and i negated that line. You only need it to download from the playstore. You shifted to risks.

Chinese download app from other stores and their phones are safe. So many folks use China devices whcih doesn't have playstore in them and still download apps outside that stores and aren't even Chinese. You simply don't know what you are saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apple Finally Acquires Shazam For $400 Million / I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone / Etisalat Sues MTN Over Visafone Acquisition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.