Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. (15415 Views)

9 Ways To Protect Your ATM Debit Cards In Nigeria / The Pressing Issue Of Retained Atm Cards. / How You Can Customize Your First Bank ATM Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by opera1(m): 7:34am On Sep 27, 2017
Thank God my Password is four[4] Starz ****
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by 2shure: 7:34am On Sep 27, 2017
Please hold while I locate your information.
Your checking account balance is $92 million,153 thousand,183 dollars and 28 cents
This reflects the most current information available on your account

Wen amat the atm stand i stop
looking back and forth
Cos nighi like me gives a fuc
I dont wanna get robbed
Trailed 2ma residence to get pop'd
I'm a fast driver
Smooth swerver
Neva stoping at no checkpoints
Wen i got money on me
I roll up a joint
Eyes red..heart beating fast
How long dis shit gonna last.
Its a no 4 online banking
Fuc hell no 4wire transfer
Bvn text scammers keep buggin ma phone
Shout out to all real nighis working from home.
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by amosyanyan(m): 7:34am On Sep 27, 2017
[quote author=Abbeywest post=60868722]My password is 1234 go use ham
Lol
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 27, 2017
thanks for the tip op.anyway my password for my ATM strong wella.
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by Mypeople2(m): 7:44am On Sep 27, 2017
olamil34:
a wise man once said only idiots uses 1111 0000 1234 as there pin
I know a lady of about 70 years of age that uses 1111 so that she can remember it easily.Does that mean she is an idiot? So young man think before you talk.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by AnanseK(m): 7:53am On Sep 27, 2017
Four digit number for security is not adequate and the banks know it. They should make at least six digits or better create a place for mixing digits with letters of the alphabet. For now they shouldn't talk about security, we are only enjoying some goodwill from criminals.
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by Maniche44(m): 7:54am On Sep 27, 2017
mine is date of birth
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by Boyooosa(m): 7:55am On Sep 27, 2017
Not impressed. Useful tho for interested peeps sha
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by olamil34(m): 7:56am On Sep 27, 2017
Mypeople2:
I know a lady of about 70 years of age that uses 1111 so that she can remember it easily.Does that mean she is an idiot? So young man think before you talk.
i wish u took ur own advice

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by cescky(m): 8:02am On Sep 27, 2017
dingbang:
Few months into my job, I have realised that people still use their date of birth, 1234, 1111, 0000 and other easy-to-guess numbers as their security passwords for their ATM pin and mobile applications... Its totally bad. As a security expert, I advise people to desist from this habit in order to ensure that your money is safe. Most of the time, I feel angry when I hear a customer complaining that his or her money has been wiped away by fraudsters and when I simply ask them what sort of password they used to secure their ATM card or mobile app, you get the shocker of your life.

What you should do...

1. When trying to choose a password for your bank account, let it be something that can't be guessed. This is the first step in choosing a strong pin. Numbers like date of birth, 1234, 1111, 55555, 1975, 0000 is a total NO!

2. Never you allow anyone be so close to you when trying to withdraw at the ATM . based on experience, most Nigerians don't know how to conduct themselves when queuing up at the ATM. They will choose to gum themselves like sardines when trying to withdraw. In this note, anyone can spy on your pin, trail you and steal your ATM card... It happens.. Don't fall a victim. Please always ensure that no one is so closely behind you when using the ATM for security reasons.

3. Change your ATM pin and other login pins to your bank accounts frequently..

Oh yes. I say this all the time during my encounter with bank customers. Try to change your ATM pin once in every 3months or 6months as the case may be. Why should you do this? I will give you a story.

I used to work for a wicked boss years back and it happened that he sent me to withdraw for him occasionally, that means I know his ATM pin. If I were a wicked person, I could conive with his new employees to get his atm card number and Security number, voila!!! I am a rich man!!

In the light of this, I encourage all of us to adopt this habit of changing our security pins quarterly.

4. Trust no one

That she or he is your brother or your son or your nephew doesn't mean you should be relaxed and reveal these sensitive information to them. The bible says that the heart of man is wicked and also says that brother shall rise against brother. Be warned.

A concerned nairalander.

halleluya grin

op finally has a a job, thank God
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by EvilMetahuman: 8:04am On Sep 27, 2017
My main account no get atm

The chicken change account get atm with simplest password ever.

If u still, na your problem be that. I only put small money there for recharging and paying bills
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by udumosam23(m): 8:07am On Sep 27, 2017
Forget all these jargons. These rules are for the 18th century.

The security of your money is your banks responsibility.

1. If someone lay hold of your atm card, your pin don't count.

2. If someone gets details of your card, you're in trouble.

3. If someone get hold of your phone, you're finished.

4. If someone has your phone and atm card at the same time for more than 5 minutes, you're totally finished.

My advice if you have money.

1. Set a limit to the amount you can withdraw with your card.

2. Disable your card from online purchase if you don't use the service.

3. Have a strong code for your phone and a 3rd party authentication for your mails.

4. Don't keep money for long in your current account. Don't apply for a card to your savings account.

5. Have your bankers details off the the sleeve. Be acquainted on how to stop a check, cancel or stop a transaction, in less than a minute.

6. Get a good phone. Use a good bank. Be smart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by LilSmith55(m): 8:27am On Sep 27, 2017
Young03:
I de find my ATM self

don't know where I lost it

and if I enter bank with a withdrawal book to withdraw 2k they will be looking me somehow

BT I don't care na me put my money

Abeg go withdraw with am jare, when u dey save 500h with deposit slip who dey look u somehow na ur monwy, anybody wey look u somehow, u self look am anyhow
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by Trendy247: 8:30am On Sep 27, 2017
Emeskhalifa:

Pls epp drop the card number and d cv.v too Thanks
And probably his phone so u can get the otp code too
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by wildchild1: 8:35am On Sep 27, 2017
True talk

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by wolextayo: 8:43am On Sep 27, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
Op you forgot to add those tht give their card details to unknown sitea...

Hmmm d day way some of those sites go claim say their sites have been hacked and database stolen
The site has nothing to do with your card. The site will redirect you to another payment channel like webpay or any other payment channel and you Input your details there. It's 100% secured
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by reality17(m): 9:01am On Sep 27, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
I dont even use a debit card to start with

U dnt use a debit card and u are a BornAgainChild?
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by Dollabiz: 9:05am On Sep 27, 2017
Yes
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by Young03(m): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2017
LilSmith55:

Abeg go withdraw with am jare, when u dey save 500h with deposit slip who dey look u somehow na ur monwy, anybody wey look u somehow, u self look am anyhow

thanks boss
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by francis247(m): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2017
Emeskhalifa:

and the expiry date and the card name
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by francis247(m): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2017
Emeskhalifa:

and the expiry date and the card name
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2017
Apart from changing your ATM pin regular, always en-devour to delete your SMS alert massages on your phone.
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by shallysgirl: 11:27am On Sep 27, 2017
Abeg, make una beware of 419 o.
TechPanda:
Thanks, fam!

That was how I Did These 5 Things Bill Gates Does AT GtBank ATM And I Started Singing Davido's Song grin grin
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by TechPanda(m): 11:44am On Sep 27, 2017
shallysgirl:
Abeg, make una beware of 419 o.

Yes Sir..... grin grin
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by ebony2011(m): 11:51am On Sep 27, 2017
The truth is that birthdays date are the easiest to remember.
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by scent9(f): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2017
To b honest with u,we students do dat a lot 'giving someone ur ATM card to help u withdraw' all dis is to avoid d queue.i could remember a frnd of mine complaining to me dat his acct has bn emptied from an unknown source cos he normally gives out his card to his frnds to withdraw for him.d way d acct was drained was via amazon to shopp,dat way u'll nt b able to trace who used it.
B CAREFUL! DON'T GIV OUT UR CARDS.
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by dingbang(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2017
scent9:
To b honest with u,we students do dat a lot 'giving someone ur ATM card to help u withdraw' all dis is to avoid d queue.i could remember a frnd of mine complaining to me dat his acct has bn emptied from an unknown source cos he normally gives out his card to his frnds to withdraw for him.d way d acct was drained was via amazon to shopp,dat way u'll nt b able to trace who used it.
B CAREFUL! DON'T GIV OUT UR CARDS.
wow ..so amazon doesn't really give out complete details of the buyer?

1 Like

Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by Freddy4all: 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
I'm very sure amongst this password is some people password already. Una don hear. Its a no no tongue [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by olashilek(m): 12:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
Is it your money

Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by jayjayholy(m): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2017
my pin is very simple,, 0395 come ND steal my card
Re: Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. by scent9(f): 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
dingbang:
wow ..so amazon doesn't really give out complete details of the buyer?
yh it doesn't.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender Indefinitely – CBN / NERC Grants Gencos Right To Sell Electricity Directly To Consumers / Lagos To Start Selling Lake Rice At N13,000 Per Bag Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.