Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria (16361 Views)

APC Wades Into Igbokwe, Idimogu Rift / Jim Nwobodo: It Is The Right Of The Igbo To Produce The President / Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by AK481(m): 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
“"My children were born in Lagos and some of them don’t even know their state of origin, they speak Yoruba"

Spits on mr just Jude.
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by AK481(m): 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
shocked
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2017
SAID TO ME BY SOMEONE BENEFITING FROM THE GOVERNMENT
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by lloydmuna2(m): 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
grin you are not ashamed of yourself, your children don't speak igbo,they don't know where they came from ,and you opened your 64 teeth saying all this
You are a proud Igbo man ,you are a civilised frog .a disgrace to igbo language and dose learning how to speak it irrespective of where they are
Where have you seen a typical northerners child who's was born and brought up in order state don't know how to speak his own mother tongue
Bia ewu you better respect yourself

1 Like

Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
Is he representing Igbo or Oshodi constituency

You better keep your corrupt politics to yourself.

Let there be referendum, let the people decide.
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
this Idiota of a man is the most selfish so called IGBO man i have ever come Across, he does not give a shiit! about any one else but his families and his pocket. he has confessed also that his children are Yoruba and does not care about IGBO more reason not to take him serious, my children are born in England and America but they can speak IGBO and are very much aware of their Origin,
while this Anu mpama! has the face to tell us that his children are Yoruba just because they were born just in common lagos!
this kinda Dumb ibos are the ones who are sabotaging biafrans, these are the ones we will disown when biafra finally comes and when the Yorubas eventually kicks him and his families out of lagos. ewu Yoruba!

4 Likes

Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Benekruku(m): 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2017

Children of hate will never listen!

1 Like

Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
he can stay in lagos nigeria it is not by force to join biafra, he has made it clear that his children are not IGBOs.

3 Likes

Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by okerekeikpo: 12:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
Igbo lawmaker indeed, some one that is an afonja just claiming Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2017
naijastoryz:

“Though the Igbo nation has not reached where it is expected to be politically, we should dialogue rather than be creating war scenarios. ‘

Words of wisdom.

I say it though I think the the strive for Biafra is well justified. But leading your own people into war, which you cannot win is in.sane and I truly believe that N.Kanu is in.sane.

Every time I hear a politician agitating already agitated people, I consider him to be irresponsible. Every time I see a so called leader shouting like a monkey in the zoo, I know that he needs volume because he lacks strength.

Only one thing is worse than war, a war that you cannot win.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
Dedetwo:

This is one reason among many reasons Biafra must be actualized. Who voted for this dingbat who remotely insinuates that agitation for home land is late? Whenever someone awakes from overnight slumber is his/her morning. Nigerians hate each other and it is even prevalent in cultural association where lines are drawn strictly on tribal bases. Where is the unity many foolish Nigerians seem to play tricks on themselves?

Europeans hated each other too. They destroyed each other's principalities on a regular basis and fought proxy wars all over the world. Today they form one of the biggest and most successful unions comprised of 27 nations with very different languages, cultures and histories. It is a success story, from bloody history to economic prosperity.

Dialogue is strenuous and requires time and patience but it is a constructive process.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by bamite(m): 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

Frustration from being jobless.

Meaning?
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by stayreal: 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2017
eclint:
''your children are born in lagos and dont know their their state of origin, they speak yoruba and english." and you are not ashamed of saying it if really you are an igbo man.

This quote right here is damaging.
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by bamite(m): 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2017
Dedetwo:

This is one reason among many reasons Biafra must be actualized. Who voted for this dingbat who remotely insinuates that agitation for home land is late? Whenever someone awakes from overnight slumber is his/her morning. Nigerians hate each other and it is even prevalent in cultural association where lines are drawn strictly on tribal bases. Where is the unity many foolish Nigerians seem to play tricks on themselves?

You think because you're on a faceless forum, you can just throw insults around any how you like abi?

It's not that difficult to trace you, you know.
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

Words of wisdom.

I say it though I think the the strive for Biafra is well justified. But leading your own people into war, which you cannot win is in.sane and I truly believe that N.Kanu is in.sane.

Every time I hear a politician agitating already agitated people, I consider him to be irresponsible. Every time I see a so called leader shouting like a monkey in the zoo, I know that he needs volume because he lacks strength.

[/b]Only one thing is worse than war, a war that you cannot win[b].
walai at the bolded..u go and threadmark it before someone steals ya post
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2017
Benekruku:

Children of hate will never listen!

If he love one Nigeria that much, where are his children schooling

If he love Igbo that much where are his investment and property in Igbo land

Do you think that empty crepe give a damn about you?
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Sprumbabafather: 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2017
Michael004:
Because we are not tribalist and sadist. So we don't care whether he's igbo or Hausa. That is why we are the greatest in this country.

That's why Awolowo refused for zik to rule in the west

That is why Joe igbokwe is still a servant after serving for 40 years.

2 Likes

Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

Europeans hated each other too. They destroyed each other's principalities on a regular basis and fought proxy wars all over the world. Today they form one of the biggest and most successful unions comprised of 27 nations with very different languages, cultures and histories. It is a success story, from bloody history to economic prosperity.

Dialogue is strenuous and requires time and patience but it is a constructive process.

the so called igbo hatred is odd. igbos are 80% nomadic traders and their business is trading with other nigerians. go around nigeria and you will find them EVERYWHERE. go to zamfara, you will see them there.

take them out of nigeria as some are agitating and i'm sorry, but it is over. nigeria is their market.

as for all the marginalization talk , thats just more noise. i work in corporate nigeria, and i can tell you ibos are in no way under represented there

all this biafra, kanu etal is the pursuit of political power outside of conventional processes of dialogue and building alliances.

3 Likes

Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by emi14: 12:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
BankeSmalls:
Igbo lawmaker making laws for yorubas grin
you talks too much
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by topatee: 12:40pm On Sep 24, 2017
Bhella5:
bros that lawmaker has invested his life in the west therefore he has everything to loose like millions of other Ibos. Bros now I ask you what assets property or investment have u got in the West or North?

The truth is that most of those agitating for secession has nothing to lose if Nigeria breaks up.
Its either their families and investment are based abroad or they are non-entity. That is why most reasonable investors are running out of Niger Delta even with the oil.
I hope our people will learn before its too late, how many of our looters billionaire has investment in Nigeria like Dangote. They stole your money (Madam Diesani et al) invest it in Dubai, put small dollars in the pockets of some vision-less idiot who comes to tell us all kinds of craps.

2 Likes

Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Ttipsy(f): 12:48pm On Sep 24, 2017
but it's not too late for the FG to tackle the issue why they wanna pool out
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Bhella5(m): 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
topatee:

The truth is that most of those agitating for secession has nothing to lose if Nigeria breaks up.
Its either their families and investment are based abroad or they are non-entity. That is why most reasonable investors are running out of Niger Delta even with the oil.
I hope our people will learn before its too late, how many of our looters billionaire has investment in Nigeria like Dangote. They stole your money (Madam Diesani et al) invest it in Dubai, put small dollars in the pockets of some vision-less idiot who comes to tell us all kinds of craps.
Hmm... I couldn't agree more.
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by zcee: 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
eclint:
''your children are born in lagos and dont know their their state of origin, they speak yoruba and english." and you are not ashamed of saying it if really you are an igbo man.
that s one thing that makes me angry where igbos are, esp those living outside igboland or Nigeria....they don't care bout the eastern region that s y biafra will be difficult to achieve....
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by kingthreat(m): 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Yeah and so? Arent they humans?
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by halfcurrent(m): 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2017
naijastoryz:
It’s too late for Igbo to pull out of Nigeria – Igbo lawmaker

A Lagos lawmaker, Mr Jude Idimogu, on Saturday, said it was too late for the Igbo nation to pull out of Nigeria. Idimogu, representing Oshodi/Isolo Constituency II in the Lagos State House of Assembly, told newsmen in Lagos that secession would be injurious to the Igbos.

He said: “As a full blooded Igbo man and a Nigerian, I believe, Igbo staying in Nigeria as an entity will prosper the Igbo nation better than pulling out.

“After the 1967 Civil war, the Igbo man started all over again to build up; now Igbo nation has made progress in terms of economy and politics.

“Though the Igbo nation has not reached where it is expected to be politically, we should dialogue rather than be creating war scenarios. ‘

’It is too late to pull out (of Nigeria), Igbo nation has united Nigeria because they have businesses everywhere in this country,” the lawmaker said.

The lawmaker urged Mr Nnamdi Kanu, the Leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), to rescind from any action that could create enmity against Igbos around the country. He urged the Igbo nation to unite with other ethnic groups in the country to articulate their grievances and actualised their dreams.

“My children were born in Lagos and some of them don’t even know their state of origin, they speak Yoruba and so many Igbo children are like that across the North and West.

“We have our future in Nigeria. The only thing Igbo nation should fight for is political power not by creating war scenario but by merging with other nations/tribes in Nigeria – the Northerners and Westerners. “Most Igbos, over 50 per cent, don’t even believe in Biafra because they have counted the cost from 1970 after the war till 2017. No one wants to go back to square one; it is not possible.

“As a person, I am against it; what the Igbo man should struggle for in this entity are equality, fairness and justice, not pulling out.

“It is very late to pull out, it will be difficult because majority of us are not ready to fight any war; I don’t want to lose my life nor my sons and daughter in war; I believe we can make Nigeria our home,’’ he said. According to him, even if the Igbo nation wants to pull out of Nigeria, it is not going to be overnight or by aggression, rather it should be via a friendly and democratic process.

“Kanu should calm down, unite with Ohanaeze Ndigbo, a tree cannot make a forest,” the lawmaker said. Newsmen report that there had been several agitations by IPOB for a Sovereign State of Biafra, the development that lead to the proscription of the group.

source-
https://naijastoryz..com.ng/2017/09/its-too-late-for-igbo-to-pull-out-of.html

Very excellent one from an enlightened Igbo man. We should think like. Nobody should be deceived into baseless war.
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by LilTyRoNe: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
He's not even ashamed of saying his children dont know their state of origin thats one thing with igbo people always denying their culture.I hate it when people are forced to co-exist,there is lack of patroitism and unity.
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by degamemaster(m): 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
This guy is nothing but a lost soul. So because he has political ambition and afraid to die, millions of other igbos should jettison their future security and lives. BTW, when herdsmen were busy killing innocent souls across nigeria, where we're this dimwit and what efforts did he make to show love and protection to our fellow igbos killed by buhari militias and military? Biafra must come and all these political psycophants would be kept in their due places.
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by jaybee(f): 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
Homeboiy:
Nothing is late

Sure! Nothing is too late.

This politician has just unveiled himself. He is in full support of IPOB. Using time as an excuse.

What if it's not too late??

Let the law maker answer this question; "what if it's not too late"
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
oyb:

the so called igbo hatred is odd. igbos are 80% nomadic traders and their business is trading with other nigerians. go around nigeria and you will find them EVERYWHERE. go to zamfara, you will see them there.

take them out of nigeria as some are agitating and i'm sorry, but it is over. nigeria is their market.

But let us be honest, the reason why you or others want them to stay is not because you have their best interest at heart. And that's part of the problem in the discussion as it conceals the reasons why you want them to remain and comes off as patronizing adding to their feelings of disempowerment.

as for all the marginalization talk , thats just more noise. i work in corporate nigeria, and i can tell you ibos are in no way under represented there

This is your subjective perception. Theirs is a different one and calling their concerns noise, will in no way change their subjective perception.

all this biafra, kanu etal is the pursuit of political power outside of conventional processes of dialogue and building alliances.

Kanu was put to prison for expressing his political views. Was it conventional? We would both agree that it added fuel to fire, wouldn't we?
How could a man who spun a tale of African Jews and who speaks on podiums surrounded by the Biafran, Israeli and American flag grin gain so much popularity and relevance if the government had not empowered him by making him more important than he was?
Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by XKZ(m): 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
BankeSmalls:

He's a Nigerian law maker making laws for the Nigerians who saw him fit and voted him into that position

2 Likes

Re: Jude Idimogu: It's Too Late For Igbo To Pull Out Of Nigeria by XKZ(m): 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2017
eclint:

lloydmuna2:
grin you are not ashamed of yourself, your children don't speak igbo,they don't know where they came from ,and you opened your 64 teeth saying all this
You are a proud Igbo man ,you are a civilised frog .a disgrace to igbo language and dose learning how to speak it irrespective of where they are
Where have you seen a typical northerners child who's was born and brought up in order state don't know how to speak his own mother tongue
Bia ewu you better respect yourself

LilTyRoNe:
He's not even ashamed of saying his children dont know their state of origin thats one thing with igbo people always denying their culture.I hate it when people are forced to co-exist,there is lack of patroitism and unity.

Depends on the age of the children.
Until children reach an age when concepts like "state of origin" make sense to them they can not know their state of origin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Updates: What’s The Fuel Scarcity Situation In Your Area? / Journalist: How I Was Kidnapped After Leaving Aso Rock / Kogi Poll: Court Decides Wada, Bello, Faleke’s Fate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.