Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana (10513 Views)

The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) / Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / Some Beautiful Pictures Of Accra, Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by victorDanladi: 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2017
Accra stretches along the Ghanaian Atlantic coast
and extends north inland. Originally built around three
different settlements, including a port ( Jamestown ), it
served as the capital of the British Gold Coast
between 1877 and 1957. Once merely a 19th-century
suburb of Victoriaborg , Accra has since transitioned
into a modern metropolis; the city's architecture
reflects this history, ranging from 19th-century
architecture buildings to modern skyscrapers and
apartment blocks.

Accra serves as the Greater Accra Region's
economic and administrative hub. It is furthermore a
centre of a wide range of nightclubs, restaurants and
hotels. [8] Since the early 1990s, a number of new
buildings have been built, including the multi-storey
French-owned Novotel hotel. The city's National
Theatre was built with Chinese assistance. In 2010,
the Globalization and World Cities Research Network
think tank designated Accra a Gamma-minus -level
world city , indicating a growing level of international
influence and connectedness. [9] The Greater Accra
region is the most urbanized region in the country
with 87.4% of its total population living in urban
centres.

The central business district of Accra contains the
city's main banks and department stores, as well as
an area known as the Ministries, where Ghana's
government administration is concentrated. Economic
activities in Accra include the financial and
commercial sectors, fishing and the manufacture of
processed food, lumber, plywood , textiles, clothing
and chemicals. Tourism is becoming a thriving
source of business for those in arts and crafts,
historical sites and local travel and tour agents. The
Oxford Street in the district of Osu has grown to
become the hub of business and night life in Accra.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by victorDanladi: 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
Accra

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by victorDanladi: 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
Accra3

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by victorDanladi: 8:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
Accra 4

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by afroniger: 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2017
Bro, shouldn't this be in the travel section?? Mynd44, move this abeg. Wetin Ghana pictures dey find for politics section?
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by victorDanladi: 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
Accra5

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by victorDanladi: 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
Accra 6

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by MasterChen: 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2017
No open drains. That's what a city should look like.

Someone should send these pictures to Nigerian governors

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by victorDanladi: 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
afroniger:
Bro, shouldn't this be in the travel section?? Mynd44, move this abeg. Wetin Ghana pictures dey find for politics section?
yeah,it was a mistake.

he will move it.
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by victorDanladi: 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
seeing this,I believe Abuja is highly overhyped.
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by afroniger: 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2017
victorDanladi:

yeah,it was a mistake.

he will move it.

Cool. Nice pix by the way.
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
MasterChen:

There are so many open drainages in Ghana and when it rains there they have heavy floodings. The op just took pics of the highbrow areas and pasted it. To form an opinion about Ghana you actually need to travel there and live there. Aside light and the fact you can walk by 1 in the night without being afraid there's nothing.

8 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by Young03(m): 8:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
Na only Accra make sense for ghana

which other city

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by MasterChen: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

There are so many open drainages in Ghana and when it rains there they have heavy floodings. The op just took pics of the highbrow areas and pasted it. To form an opinion about Ghana you actually need to travel there and live there. Aside light and the fact you can walk by 1 in the night without being afraid there's nothing.

Damn! Photo na skama sha grin

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by Orodje(m): 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2017
Accra is a beautiful city well planned no doubt but there are so many places worse than Ajegunle in Accra, places like Gbawe, Afuama, Manya, Nungua etc
but I do pick Accra for any naija city though cool

2 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by yaqq: 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
beautiful I must say! power of camera!
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by londoner: 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2017
MasterChen:

There are open drains.
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by londoner: 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2017
victorDanladi:
seeing this,I believe Abuja is highly overhyped.

Abuja is not completed yet. Still prefer Abj though even though Accra has a better social scene but it's been around for much Longer so that's expected.

If you take recent equivalent picks of Lagos, Lagos will be tops.
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by londoner: 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2017
[quote author=londoner post=60767525]

Double post
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by londoner: 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by leathalbeast: 12:06am On Sep 24, 2017
tensazangetsu20:

stop sounding so stupid and ungrateful. these are the type of nincompoops I hate in life. you claim there is nothing yet your people come to school here, other Nigerians come here for job opportunities, others come to invest, some come for holidays, they even come to organize their weddings here. if nothing was here as you claimed then why would all these things happen?

3 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by leathalbeast: 12:07am On Sep 24, 2017
Orodje:
Accra is a beautiful city well planned no doubt but there are so many places worse than Ajegunle in Accra, places like Gbawe, Afuama, Manya, Nungua etc
but I do pick Accra for any naija city though cool
nungua cannot be worse than ajegungle man.... come on!

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by leathalbeast: 12:14am On Sep 24, 2017
victorDanladi:
Accra
see, I'm a Ghanaian and I like what you are trying to do but the truth is Accra has its nice and not so nice places so while at it please clarify which parts you are showing to them... you know this is not a Ghanaian forum and I would hate it if someone badmouths Ghana because of these pictures.... it will surely lead to a fight on this page... I know how these people are so let them know that it's not a competition between Accra and Lagos or Accra and Abuja as they have already started.

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by Orodje(m): 12:36am On Sep 24, 2017
leathalbeast:
nungua cannot be worse than ajegungle man.... come on!
bro the way those pigs dey roam about for Nungua? and the way people dey shit for the drainage, u kno say the whole of nungua nah 1 toilet to 10house, why na bro? check am make u balance am, u mistakenly bleep nungua girl without protection and std fall on you grin
Buh that doesn't stop Accra from being the best city in W/Africa though, with time its gonna competite with cities like
Johannesburg, itz Accra anytime anyday cool
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by londoner: 8:54am On Sep 24, 2017
Orodje:

bro the way those pigs dey roam about for Nungua? and the way people dey shit for the drainage, u kno say the whole of nungua nah 1 toilet to 10house, why na bro? check am make u balance am, u mistakenly bleep nungua girl without protection and std fall on you grin
Buh that doesn't stop Accra from being the best city in W/Africa though, with time its gonna competite with cities like
Johannesburg, itz Accra anytime anyday cool

No not really....Eko Atlantic City is next up to bat and will raise the level of city-dome in West Africa. Let's not forget Abidjan too.

4 Likes

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by samorobo: 8:59pm On Nov 11, 2018
U know it is stupid to compare lagos and Accra .....I mean that an insult .the difference is fucking clear ....and as for that guy that said he has a lot of Nigerian in ghana he should come to lagos and see most of Ghanaians top celebrities living here in lagos because the city opens opportunities for them to move their career forward unlike in ghana.....I mean lagos is the home of nollywood movies which happens to be the best movies in africa with no rival .....so my dear Ghanaian brother suck it up and deal with that fact that lagos Is not Accra 's mate or if u doubt go ahead and browse top ten cities In africa and tell me if u will see any city from ghana on that list....
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by BlcoChina2018: 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
Absolutely. The people posting stuff about Ghana/Ghanaians on this forum are fvcking Nigerians. And I don’t know why they do it, knowing this is a Nigeria forum anything on a Ghana/Ghanaians will generate insults and badmouthing from these fuelish people. Please, you guys should leave Ghana, Ghanaians alone on this forum. After all, this is supposed to be a Nigerian forum, and secondly, you Nigerians have too many problems to begin to poke nose into other people’s matter. Yes, Accra is ugly, dysfunctional smells. But we like like that. You Nigerians shoul live happily in your nice cities and leave Ghanaians alone, haba! Na by force to talk about other people? Utter nonsense!

leathalbeast:
see, I'm a Ghanaian and I like what you are trying to do but the truth is Accra has its nice and not so nice places so while at it please clarify which parts you are showing to them... you know this is not a Ghanaian forum and I would hate it if someone badmouths Ghana because of these pictures.... it will surely lead to a fight on this page... I know how these people are so let them know that it's not a competition between Accra and Lagos or Accra and Abuja as they have already started.
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by BlcoChina2018: 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2018
This one is still talking trash about Ghana/Ghanaians? No wonder your Ghanaian boyfriend dumped you�

londoner:

No not really....Eko Atlantic City is next up to bat and will raise the level of city-dome in West Africa. Let's not forget Abidjan too.
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by BlcoChina2018: 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2018
crap! What do you have stuffed inside that thing you call head?

samorobo:
U know it is stupid to compare lagos and Accra .....I mean that an insult .the difference is fucking clear ....and as for that guy that said he has a lot of Nigerian in ghana he should come to lagos and see most of Ghanaians top celebrities living here in lagos because the city opens opportunities for them to move their career forward unlike in ghana.....I mean lagos is the home of nollywood movies which happens to be the best movies in africa with no rival .....so my dear Ghanaian brother suck it up and deal with that fact that lagos Is not Accra 's mate or if u doubt go ahead and browse top ten cities In africa and tell me if u will see any city from ghana on that list....
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by ordbrandco: 11:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

you mentioned 2 things, that's more than something
Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by ordbrandco: 11:50pm On Nov 12, 2018
londoner:

Abuja is not completed yet. Still prefer Abj though even though Accra has a better social scene but it's been around for much Longer so that's expected.

If you take recent equivalent picks of Lagos, Lagos will be tops.
lagos has a greater skyline than Accra no doubt, that has to do with height zoning restrictions and demand for grade Acoffice properties, but Accra has a soul, a dynamic city with a lovable character. even will all the korle gono smell. when built upon tourism and business would be a key drive

1 Like

Re: The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana by ordbrandco: 11:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
londoner:

the eko Atlantic city is a beauty, some of the towers are ready, could see them from the landmark event center, but watch out for the Accra marine drive, Accra is definitely going to be the lifestyle destination in west Africa

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Ranked 4th Worst Livable City In The World 2011: D'you Agree? / 5 Years Working Parmit To Qatar (no Deposit Please!) / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.