Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Igbo Gospel Musicians And Their Type Of Music - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Igbo Gospel Musicians And Their Type Of Music (2994 Views)

DOWNLOAD MP3: 80 Igbo gospel mixtape / Igbo Gospel Mix (mp3 Download) / Top 20 Nigerian Gospel Musicians You’ve Got To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Gospel Musicians And Their Type Of Music by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 24, 2017
Disclaimer: This is not to be judgemental or condemning. God did not complain to me so if he likes your music, I love it.
Ignore all tribalistic comments. Don't bother to quote them and make them feel special. Just allow their stupidity to shine bright.

I'll try to be concise. Why do igbo gospel musicians do the following:

Re-use old igbo gospel songs: they just change the lyrics. Sometimes when I hear the beginning of the chorus of a 'new' song, I can predict how this chorus would end because I've heard that particular melody over and over again.

Remix secular music: I first heard awilo logomba when I was in primary 4. The gospel remix came months later. I don't know if God minds but like I said, if he likes it, I love it.

Tell stories: I like when they tell stories from the bible, stories about their experience and stories about miracles. Now these don't bother me. What bothers me is this new trend of talking about other people in a defamatory way. I'll leave a link here for you to understand what I mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrrmurXDhKU
I dont care if you are telling the truth and I may not know how God feels about the above types of songs but this is just wrong.

Honestly since Frank Edwards came into the limelight I thought finally a change has come into the igbo gospel music scene but so far he's still the only person I can listen to without cringing. Is their another unique and original igbo gospel musician apart from him? If you know please recommend here
Re: Igbo Gospel Musicians And Their Type Of Music by Nutase: 11:36am On Sep 24, 2017
Do yo have an album?

(1) (Reply)

Atheist/theists:what Kind Of Evidence Would Convince You That God Exists Or Not? / Wetin I Go Give To You My Praise Lyrics By Gabriel Eziashi / Wicked God Or Powerless God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.