Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,131 members, 7,900,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 04:49 AM

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Monday, 25/09/2017 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Monday, 25/09/2017 (208 Views)

Rev. Ntia I. Ntia Of Full Life Christian Center Survives A Car Accident In Uyo / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Saturday, 14/10/2017 / Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Thursday, 12/10/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Monday, 25/09/2017 by niceluvsus(m): 8:14am On Sep 25, 2017
LIFEWAY CHRISTIAN CENTER:
#DAILY #DEVOTIONAL
THE WORD FOR TODAY!
MONDAY, 25/09/2017

#TOPIC: YOU ARE SPECIAL! (2)

#TEXT:
Genesis 1:31a (NRSV) God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good.

Isaiah 43:7 (KJV) Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

#MESSAGE:
Beloved, God never asks us to compare ourselves with any other person. In fact, it is a slap in God’s face to look at someone else and say, “I wish I were more like her/him.”
Why? Because God tenderly designed you just way He wanted you to be. He made you for Himself. He made you in a way that can never be duplicated.

# So when you begin to compare yourself with another person, you are saying, “God, you made me a mistake. You failed. You could have done a better job creating me. Hear me, none of us has the privilege of criticizing God. He is Creator who looks at each of His created beings and says to Himself, “It is good.

# The fact is, everyone is attractive in one way or another. There's a twofold tragedy related to developing your own sense of beauty: First, you compare yourself to others; and then, you allow others to define what is attractive. It is dangerous to give so much power to another person that their opinion determines your self-esteem. No no no, don't do that at all!

# Beloved lifer and friends, I want you to get to a point where you hold a high opinion of yourself based on the fact that God made you exactly, precisely, intricately, wondrously, and uniquely the way you are. You are a one-of-a-kind creation for which there is no comparison. Hallelujah!

# God made you for His own purpose so that you might reflect a unique aspect of His glory. When cease to compare yourself with others and refuse to be intimidated by what other people think and say, you are then in the position to command maximum influence, to birth that business, that ministry, that effort to change your community that God intended.
How dare you compare yourself with someone else, God wanted you to be you. Nobody else, but you. YOU ARE SPECIAL!

#PRAYER
Father, thank You for how you made me. I am satisfied with everything, my height, my nose, my eyeballs, my complexion, in fact, my entire body. I received grace this morning never to compare myself with anybody, never to wish to be like so and so in Jesus mighty name. Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Losing A Deal / Jesus Christ Came By Water, Blood And Spirit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.