Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue (3352 Views)

Prices Of Dangote, BUA, Lafarge, Other Cement After Meeting With FG / I’m A Billionaire In Terms Of The Kind Of Ideas I Have- APAMS Boss / Torn And Worn Out N100 In Circulation, A Deliberate Act By The Banks? Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by froz(m): 8:29am On Sep 25, 2017
The Board of Directors of Lafarge Africa Plc will be meeting on Tuesday, September 26 to consider the terms of its rights issue in an extra ordinary board meeting.
The cement producing firm in a notice filed with the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) on Friday, also said it had commenced a closed period which started on Wednesday, September 20, 2017.

The notice signed by Mrs Edith Onwuchekwa, the Company Secretary and Legal Director for Lafarge noted that the closed period will end on Wednesday, September 27, 2017.

“In compliance with Rules 17.17 (b) (3) and 17.18 (b), this is to formally notify you that Lafarge Africa Plc’s closed period commenced September 20, 2017, and will end on September 27, 2017.

“Members of the board have equally been notified of the close period,” the statement said..

It will be recalled that shareholders of Lafarge Africa had approved the N140 billion rights issue during the company’s annual general Meeting (AGM) in June.

The company said the proposed rights issue would strengthen the capital structure of the company by reducing its foreign currency exposure and optimising Lafarge Africa’s organisation.

According to the company’s Chairman, Mobolaji Balogun,the rights issue will take place at the beginning of third-quarter and is expected to be finalised by October at the latest.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/lafarge-to-deliberate-terms-of-n140bn-right-issue/

Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by rodeo0070(m): 6:05am On Sep 26, 2017
Watch out for Dangote

1 Like

Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 26, 2017
This is a trend now.
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by Ayo4251(m): 7:33am On Sep 26, 2017
The company still exists?
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by Unbreakable007: 7:34am On Sep 26, 2017
Must everything be news?
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by frankwells(f): 7:34am On Sep 26, 2017
hmmm
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by ejlive: 7:40am On Sep 26, 2017
in english please
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by Oildichotomy(m): 7:52am On Sep 26, 2017
How does a right issue concern us now? It is not even an IPO tongue
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by xreal: 7:54am On Sep 26, 2017
Ayo4251:
The company still exists?

They are quietly growing stronger.

1 Like

Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by wildchild02: 8:04am On Sep 26, 2017
ok

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by ihedioramma: 8:08am On Sep 26, 2017
grin
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:12am On Sep 26, 2017
rodeo0070:
Watch out for Dangote

Dangote is currently the market leader in Africa. When Lafarge was busy repatriating funds and profits to Europe, Dangote was reinvesting, acquiring and building his capacity in the cement industry all over Africa.

Lafarge woke up late and now trying to catch up with Dangote.

3 Likes

Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by Error403: 8:15am On Sep 26, 2017
Booked. For ur sponsorship and Advert placement, kindly see account
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by Coolcash1: 8:45am On Sep 26, 2017
Whao! This is a good platform for young people to secure their future by taking advantage of this opportunity. Larfarge is a blue chip company and market leader in the cement industry. It embarked on a spree of acquisition two years ago to consolidate its leadership position and grow its market share. So, my advise to smart young ones is to invest their money in the company instead of spending money on frivolities; clubbing, girls, dresses, aso-ebi, gadgets and so on. One good thing about the company is that its share price is currently undervalued and after a while is expected to return to its true value.

Don't eat your future, invest now!

P.S. I am a financial expert and willing to assist interested people on any questions or clarifications they may require.
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by rodeo0070(m): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Dangote is currently the market leader in Africa. When Lafarge was busy repatriating funds and profits to Europe, Dangote was reinvesting, acquiring and building his capacity in the cement industry all over Africa.

Lafarge woke up late and now trying to catch up with Dangote.

SPOT ON!

Lafarge is yet to even wake up. When you travel from Lagos to the East, you can only count a very few Lafarge trucks while Dangote Trucks is almost at every spot.
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2017
Coolcash1:
Whao! This is a good platform for young people to secure their future by taking advantage of this opportunity. Larfarge is a blue chip company and market leader in the cement industry. It embarked on a spree of acquisition two years ago to consolidate its leadership position and grow its market share. So, my advise to smart young ones is to invest their money in the company instead of spending money on frivolities; clubbing, girls, dresses, aso-ebi, gadgets and so on. One good thing about the company is that its share price is currently undervalued and after a while is expected to return to its true value.

Don't eat your future, invest now!

P.S. I am a financial expert and willing to assist interested people on any questions or clarifications they may require.

I am taking my right and will also buy additional rights, may terminate some of my TB prematurely in order to enjoy the forthcoming bumper harvest in Lafarge.
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:06am On Sep 26, 2017
rodeo0070:

SPOT ON!

Lafarge is yet to even wake up. When you travel from Lagos to the East, you can only count a very few Lafarge trucks while Dangote Trucks is almost at every spot.

Hate him or love him, Dangote is a phenomenal businessman.

Getting a dividend of N180 billion in a year from just one company no be beans
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by Coolcash1: 9:45am On Sep 26, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

I am taking my right and will also buy additional rights, may terminate some of my TB prematurely in order to enjoy the forthcoming bumper harvest in Lafarge.

Samehere Emma.
Re: Lafarge To Deliberate Terms Of N140bn Right Issue by delpee(f): 10:23am On Sep 26, 2017
Taking up one's rights and buying more if possible is the wisest thing to do.

(1) (Reply)

Information On IJEBU PONMO Supply / Earn 5k Daily For 1 Year On Every Single Tipper Truck You Help Us Get A / GTB Naira Mastercard : Is It Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.