Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,011 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:25 AM

So What If The US Does Not Recognize IPOB As A Terrorist Group - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / So What If The US Does Not Recognize IPOB As A Terrorist Group (1818 Views)

Lawyers Speak On Military Declaration Of IPOB As Terrorist Group / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Declaration Of Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB As Terrorists / Nigerian Military Declares IPOB As A "Militant Terrorist Organisation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: So What If The US Does Not Recognize IPOB As A Terrorist Group by enemybulldozer(m): 3:13am On Sep 26, 2017
BALLOSKI:
That's my point!

Some so called educated people were toasting to that useless stance of the US embassy.

I said to myself, so what if the US refuses to see them as terrorist, what does that change? Is US God or just the self-acclaimed policeman of the world status they assume on any issue that does affect their interest?

The same people who deported abu hamza from the US for his way of preaching and even tagged him a terrorist , wants the authority in Nigeria to sit and watch a deranged boy drag us into another civil war by always preaching violence and goading his followers to kill people who are not of his tribe?

Referring to other tribes as "cockroaches" cost Rwandan 500, 000 lives , and they have learnt from it and everybody should learn from that. There are things you don't say or do in Rwanda despite democracy allowing freedom. They created the system they think works for them.

If trump is mad, are the people he employed to work from r him also mad?

Do they know the intelligence available to our security agency before the proscription was carried out? Is he doubting our intelligence unit? The same intelligence we've used to prevent attack on their embassy and on their soil? The same intelligence we used to inform them that abdulmutalib would attack and they should keep him under watch and they failed until that attack was carried out? Have we not been bursting Nigerian terrorist s trying to go to America and create trouble? This is ingratitude from the Americans we provide security for in our country.

I remember some of them complaining that FG government should have released Kanu when a competent court gave that order; now we know how has flouted every bail condition and has continued to cause trouble, yet , the stupid embassy didn't condemn all this . Now , through a competent court, IPOB was proscribed, they're issuing a statement to rubbish our laws and treat our court with contempt. Hypocrisy!

When America and her allies decided to tag Mandela a terrorist, we stood our ground, supported him and saw him as someone fighting a just cause. Is America trying to pay us back?

Do they have terrorism going or have a terrorist group operating on their soil for them to tell us how to identify a terrorist activities on our land?

Can Kaduna state tell Texas what it takes to deal with hurricane and how it feels to be hit be hit by one?
Were you not among the people that said US don't even know if Biafra exists?? So, now that its obvious to you that US really know and care about Biafra that is why you are pained and frustrated.
Enjoy your goal post shifting if that is the only thing that can make you happy grin grin grin

Re: So What If The US Does Not Recognize IPOB As A Terrorist Group by felicitywe(m): 6:06am On Sep 26, 2017
enemybulldozer:
Were you not among the people that said US don't even know if Biafra exists?? So, now that its obvious to you that US really know and care about Biafra that is why you are pained and frustrated.
Enjoy your goal post shifting if that is the only thing that can make you happy grin grin grin
Bros u v time to respond to funny post.Even the thread shows that the OP lacks knowledge and knows nothing.Your hatred will continue to be a blessing to the Biafra struggle because God is on their side.The World saw how IPOB organised its rallies all over without a single problem, peacefully marching and singing and calling for a REFERENDUM.What the govt did was to send the Nigerian Army to kill them and after that pronounced them terrorist.Is it not funny?Very funny.Have they been defeated or silenced?The answer is no. From what is happening is shows that IPOB has a lot to offer.Those that never liked them now like them and want to study about them.I believe with IPOB something great is coming out from Africa.
Re: So What If The US Does Not Recognize IPOB As A Terrorist Group by keally: 6:44am On Sep 26, 2017
hatchy:
Although I'm totally against the modus operandi which Nnamdi kanu used for his agitation of Biafra.But tagging his organization a terrorist group is way too far which the government took to curb the menace of Ipob.

Hate speech can do a lot more damage than using chemical or Biological weapons as witnessed in Germany when Adolf Hitler brainwashed Germans making them believe their only problem is caused by the Jews,this led to the extermination of over six million Jews.
Rwanda witnessed genocide when an ethnic group spread hate speech by calling others cockroaches and went on killing its own kind.

Hate speech is dangerous but can be easier to handle than terrorism if the government apply wisdom rather than outright application of the term terrorist on a group that can be called to the negotiating table to settle differences.

And we are very quick to forget that buhari himself is the originator of so-called hate speech. Abeg, who said that dogs and baboons will soak in blood if he lost election again? who categorized Nigerians into 97% and 5%? who told some sections of the country not to expect anything from him while he is attending to those that gave him votes.? abi, those are example ot love. Buhari and his fulani brothers will certainly pay for their atrocities against humanity. The law of sowing and reaping will apply. They can't just shed the blood of the innocent through boko haram, python dance, crocodile smile, fulani herdsmen and other fulani expansionist agenda pogroms and go scot free, not possible. Let's watch and see how it plays out. One thing I know, God is a God of justice.

1 Like

Re: So What If The US Does Not Recognize IPOB As A Terrorist Group by attackgat: 6:59am On Sep 26, 2017
BALLOSKI:
this effervesce double standard. If that had happened somewhere in the north, won't have been hasty to place it on a certain group?

If it had happend in the North it would have been a different issue because there is a history of killing Igbos in the North. There is no history of killing Northerners in the East

Kanu wasn't only talking, he walking the walk. You people kept saying it was just a threat . Are you saying it was wrong for a government to be proactive in the face of security challenges?

There is nothing wrong with the government being proactive but it must be by the law. This is democracy, the President is not allowed to use the Nigerian Army to invade anybones house. That is the job of the police. The military is not a crime fighting unit. What you hear the government say about fighting kidnapp abd crime with opration Python dance is all nonsence because the constitution does not the military the power to fight crime.

If someone says he's coming to kill you, so you'd wait until he carries out that act before act?

I no you're intelligent, but this should not come from you.

If someone says they will kill me, I will protect myself by any means necessary but I will not go and start looking for the person to kill him over mere threat

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Would You Vote For In 2019 Presidential Elections...Buhari, Atiku, Fayose? / 14-Year Old Governor Inspecting The On-Going Projects In Abia State -Photos / I’ll Achieve Restructuring Of Nigeria In 6 Months, If Elected President – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.