Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian (23420 Views)

Ahmad Amadi: Why I Converted To Christianity - Leader Of Muslims Against Terror / Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Wilgrea7(m): 12:50am On Sep 26, 2017
I'm not here to persuade you to leave Islam.. or persuade you to return to Christianity.. but your reasons seem weird..it has now become a competition of which religion offers a better deal.. i understand the pain of not getting a partner in the case of a woman.. or other difficulties you might have faced.. but blaming it on a religion is wrong.. firstly you should understand that no matter what religion you follow, your beliefs affect your reality to an extent.. if you always feel there are “demons" or “witches" attacking you.. then you will see everything as an attack.. dogmatism in any religion is bad.. i fear you've just left dogmatism in Christianity to face dogmatism in Islam.. no religion has the monopoly of anything... these dogmas do not matter.. you need to understand that.. just live simply... Islam is no more right than Christianity.. you just adopted the Arabian idea of God.. I'm not against you following any idea.. but don't just be dogmatic.. it only brings blindness and division.. the mistake many people make is thinking a religion will prevent challenges from happening.. challenges will always show up.. just be willing to solve them.. regardless of your religion... there are other questions i would have loved to ask.. but i will let you finish.... peace

vannessa7

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2017
Well, for everyone up there saying I'm lying or misguided, I will have you know I am a coward like I always tell people, I don't want to burn in hell nor suffer after this life, for atheist who says there is no God, I will tell you you are taking a lot of risk, what if you find out there is God after death, it will be too late to do anything, anyway, like I said people differ, I once received a prayer that God should deliver me from the problems of being a September child, I know any September child brought in a godly home without evil background will not have such experiences, if you parents serve God either as Christians or Muslims you are set, if you are like I was dreaming of familiar spirit meetings, being chased up and down in the dream by idols and spirit husband telling you you cannot marry o because you are already married to him, you need holiness, deliverance will do little but holiness will get rid of them and that is what Islam, and churches like rccg, assembly of God church etc offer, anyway the Holy Spirit told me then that I will not make heaven if I continue to be possessed with those things, prayer city was my second home but they kept coming back, I left my job seven years ago and I was only able to secure a lecturing job in a polythechnic after I became a Muslim but my dh said I should not take it for now, I have a masters degree, anyway I also surmise that combining Christianity and Islam is bae, anywhere you see such combination you see heaven on earth, it's the same issue of applying blood to holiness, Fashola and his wife is an example, Obasanjo recently built a beautiful mosque in Abeokuta despite his years of frolicking with Pastor Adeboye , it's a case of the customer knowing where goods are cheaper, the Pastors keep telling people that Islam is satanic but if you have been in situations to experience the two sides, you will know the two are good on their own, I know a man who is a Christian but he told me anytime his business is not moving he attends mosque to pray and immediately things turn around, he attends church every Sunday, towns like Kaduna, Jos, Ibadan, Lagos, ilorin where this two religion meet have steady development and I'm sure it's partly due to the combination, I was shocked when I got to ilorin which is in the middle of nowhere how developed it is,

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by terrezo2002(m): 9:26am On Sep 26, 2017
Vennessa7
It seems you ignored Romans 8: 35-39 that says nothing shall separate us from the love of Christ, not even tribulations, distress, persecutions, famine, unclothedness, peril, sword, death, life angels, principalities, powers, or any other things. Where is your confidence? is it in the flesh or in Christ?
Jesus Christ is the only way, truth and the life, no body can come unto God except through Him. As for your continuous manifestations in Islam, it is normal. The gift of God is without repentance, you could still manifest in the gifts you got in your days in Christianity. You have been useful in God's assignment, do you now want to lose your rewards?
Come back home, God is waiting for you. Shalom
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by adepeter2027(m): 9:46am On Sep 26, 2017
vannessa7:
Well, I don't want to burn in hell nor suffer after this life,

I still don't see you escaping hell. You must surely end up in hell (this is very certain)
for atheist who says there is no God, I will tell you you are taking a lot of risk, what if you find out there is God after death, it will be too late to do anything,

And you're taking greater risk and above all wasting your time cos the real GOD might be the YAHWEH you left.

And possibly also, PANKU may be that real God that created the universe.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 10:26am On Sep 26, 2017
I am repeating this because you have not responded to the issues raised. I want to know if you practice the religion called Christianity OR had a Relationship with the Father.

If I as a Christian went to a Juju man to be able to conceive and have a child and in exactly 9 months time, I gave birth to a baby. Does it make Christianity wrong and the Juju way right? ..because that is what your post is saying.

vannessa7:
I felt compelled to write this after observing the online tussle between Muslim's and Christians here on Nairaland about who is right or wrong. After going through my write up I'm sure you might be more enlightened, I converted to Islam Nov 2016 after 20years of being a dedicated born again minister, I was a home fellowship leader, prayer warrior member, sanctuary cleaner, evangelist, followup member, I used to pray for members of my fellowship and God perform miracles, I use to receive revelations about members that will be perfectly accurate, I was always in every service, but nothing was happening in my life, I had a lot of respect from people that knew how God was using me but nothing was happening in my life, no husband, I lost my job after attaining a top management position, I had incessant witchcraft attacks, familiar spirit, ancestral curses and family idol, I became a deliverance junkie in mfm, I never missed rccg Holy Ghost service, winners Shiloh, I eventually got married 10yrs after graduation, 4yrs later my husband died, by that time I had crossed over to rccg with my husband in Abuja, I was an evangelist. I came back to the south to live with my mum as I had nothing left, I immediately joined rccg there and became committed, but I noticed that when I started praying for another husband only Muslim men came even during my 10yrs of waiting before marriage, after deliverance and prayers Muslim men were the ones I used to see and I will reject them, I used to tell them to convert to Christianity but they always refuse, when the same thing started happening my mother told me to give it a try because of time, I grudgingly agreed, but immediately I started receiving great revelations of great victories in the dream daily so I decided to convert to Islam, the first thing I noticed is that the constant sickness I used to experience vanished, I used to treat malaria or typhoid once in a month, even my mother was surprised, there is a particular situation in the family that has been threatening the peace of the family for long I had done several 3days dry fasting that God should solve it while I was a Christian without any result, my mother testify of it just 2months after I became a Muslim, I also noticed the heavy presence of the Holy Spirit while praying or in a mosque, I now understand why Christians have to sing for long before the Holy Spirit will manifest,Islam embodies holiness and that is why anyone who is not holy and goes to a Muslim domain is in danger, I used to have a couple friends who decided to travel to Iran for vacation they had barely step down from the plane when they fell seriously sick, they told me that many Christians have the same experience and some even dies, I will continue below with further analysis and comparison

i honestly do not believe a word of your conjectures. They are bundles of irreconcilables.
As an evangelist, what do you preach? (Come to church or have a relationship with the Father?)

You haven't really told us why you believe that Islam was the way apart from the fact that you said you found a muslim husband and your problems were solved.

What you are saying in other words is that
1. Jesus didn't die on the cross
2. Mariam the sister of Aaron is the mother of Jesus
3. Trinity is God, Mary and Jesus
4. Issac was not the one Abraham almost sacrificed but Ismael
5. Joseph actually begged Portipher to throw him into the prison
6. You have a great reward for killing a Jew
7. When Jesus returns, he will Kill ALL the Jews, Convert all Christians to Muslims and kill the Dajjal
8. In paradise, you will swim in the river of wine and several young boys will attend to you (of course you will marry 70 husbands according to this Dr from Pakistan...

Which ones do you believe in the eight points above.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
Richdotcom:

I actually don't understand this article you wrote here, I don't get what you are trying to say....

I am glad your life is in track and you are experiencing progress and joy and fulfillment in your new way of life.
I am from a Muslim background and I have also read the Quran twice also read the Bible....
I am not here to talk down on Islam or Christianity because I have seems the good and bad sides of both ends...... but I am here to share with you my finding and observation from your article and from the Christian faith.

first I really need to say this without any disrespect to you madam, when you were a Christian you were not committed how do I know this? From your initial write up You've been to church A and church B, while you claim to worship at church C ( probably just my perception)

secondly not every church is a bible believing church, same way not every imma is a true Muslim.... I have seen pastors with massive shrine at the back of their church, same with Alfa that are native doctors..... thus where you worship, matters too, you can't be in a place where you unknowingly worship and bow to a shrine and expect to see progress.

Thirdly you can see visions and perform miracle it dosent mean your standing with God is right, magician can see too and native doctors too and even if yours is from God, the gift of God is without repentance..... you can manifest all of that and still not be standing right with God!

Also the Bible is full of principles, financial prosperity is not tied to seeing vision or speaking in tongues.... you can speak in tongues till Tomoro until you engage in the principle of financial prosperity, nothing will work.... you will even loose your job, that's the reason so many Christian are broke today!!! Also madam of you lay hands on people and they get healed and you are always falling ill with malaria, and you can't heal yourself then I think something is wrong somewhere, you cant give what you don't have neither can you live at a river bank and wash your hands with saliva, you need to sit down ask yourself what's wrong in all sincerity.

You also said your mum or your family passes through a challenge, you prayed and prayed and fasted all to no avail..... but if you do so for other people they get solutions right? The kingdom of God is serve your self, but the spoon you use in serving your self is your faith, you might lay hands on somebody pray for the person and that person's faith is strong enough to serve his or her self..... so with all due respect madam you need to check your faith very very well.

one of the mistakes we make is believing that because we are a member of an assembly we are thus christians..... Christianity is not by the number of chair you clean in church, or the amouth of service unit you joined in church.....
Christianity is a conscious life style you confess with your mouth and believe with your heart and strive daily to live in and with the commandments and teaching of Jesus Christ.....

Lastly God will not do for man, what man should do for him self, what do I mean..... no disrespect madam, but if you are not hard working and diligent in your place of work and you expect not to be fired because you are a prayer warrior?

Good health is our in Christ Jesus but does that gives us the license to live in a dirty environment, don't eat rightly and don't keep fit?

NO!!!

I leave you with this everyday is God's day but the day you believe is your day!!! Peace

You know, I need to point out to you that my write up is not for everyone, there is someone out there who my experience will help, every deed of man is in plain sight of God who sees the innermost thoughts of every man, all your points don't apply to me because there is no principle I didn't follow, I believed whole heatedly and I never missed any tithe, I had to resign my job myself when a co worker went diabolical on me and nearly killed me, I prayed hard but no respite, anyway your life is different from mine and my experience is different from yours, when you said I should be able to experience the miracles of God in my life if God is using me for others, this shows you don't really have any experience in warfare, there are many men of God performing miracles yet have serious challenges, it took Pastor Olukoya of mfm 16years to have a child though he was praying for people and they were giving birth, I know pastors who are childless but they are dedicating other people children, as for attending programs in other churches, all gift are meant to perfect the saints, your pastor can only specialize in an area, and since pastors invite each other to their churches what is wrong in attending special programs in other churches, anyway all I know is I was blind now I can see, Islam enjoin us to believe all the prophets but serve God, so I still read the Bible because Quran said God sent it down, if you read carefully the words of Jesus you will see he pointed us to God, Apostle Paul is the one that made Jesus God and he never even walk with him when he was alive, go and focus on the message of Jesus himself

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by enilove(m): 8:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
Op, I would like to ask you a question to verify if actually you were a christian.

My question is who is a true Christian ?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by adepeter2027(m): 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
enilove:
Op, I would like to ask you a question to verify if actually you were a christian.

My question is who is a true Christian ?
There is nothing like such word "TRUE CHRISTIAN"

The moment you become a Christian, you are actually a TRUE CHRISTIAN, but once you leave, "YOU WERE NEVER A TRUE CHRISTIAN IN THE 1ST PLACE"

Religion and confusion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
Jacksonville:
Whatever happened to your faith in Christ the hope of glory ? When will acclaimed believers learn to hold firm to the word of God as the sword of truth against every affliction ?

psalm 34:19.. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

As strong believers in christ, trials n afflictionin form of spiritual attacks are bound to engage us . This is our warfare n our weapons are not feeble but mighty in the sovereignity of the Lord. You've tasted power, God has used you but just a little trial you backed down n succumbed to the devil. As righteous as Job was, he was afflicted but never did he turn from God, rather he embraced God in his tears n sorrow 'nd as God may have it he restored unto him all the years the locust, the caterpillars n cankerworm had eaten.

The devil has been around since the fall of man, his gimmickries revolves round the desires of a man. When a man is righteous before God n he begins to experience lack, if he doesnt hold tight to the Word of God, he loses his grip n falls into temptation to acquire wealth through dubious or abhorrent means.
James 1:13-15 13.Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14.But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death

Look how abraham was tempted to lay with haggar because of his desire. God taught me this lesson via a trance n ever since i've learnt not be in a hurry to make achievements,n i dont go about from pillar to post looking for solutions, i've learnt to wait on him in every trial of mylife else i dine with the devil . I know my problem, so i deal with it with the sword of truth no matter how long it takes, its warefare . The devil will give u money, fame n power as long as u remain in your state of unrighteousness n sinful nature... He will give u ur desires as long as u turn away from God. This i know, but the end thereof is destruction n eternal condemnation. You dont have understanding of the things of God unless you apply them . You have this knowledge but your'e without wisdom n understanding if u dont do them.

Job 28:28 And unto man he said; behold, the fear of the lord , that is wisdom and to depart from evil, that is understanding.

Be WISE n REPENT !

THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND!.

From your write-up you have concluded that being a Muslim is equivalent to being a satanist, I will just say this to you, you are not God, you don't decide for God who is serving Him, you mentioned Job who served the only living God without associating partners with Him, Job did not serve Jesus neither did Jesus serve himself, he directed us to serve God, check Jesus response to the devil after the devil asked for Jesus worship in matt4:10, also check Matt 6:1, 7:21,Jesus even said he does not know the last day but God in matt24:36, Islam for me is a means of holiness which I desired so much but found elusive in Christianity, because there will not be any witch, ogbanje, or demonised person in heaven no matter how born again they are.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
Oksman:
grin grin grin
You were a nominal christian and not a believer period! That why you kept running from one church to another.
You were a christian for 20yrs meant you were converted.
Same way you ditched Christianity I expect to see you ditching islam.
Have you this proverb " a rolling stone gathers no moss" grin grin grin

If being a member of a church for 14 years and then staying in another for six years is Rolling Stone to you then you don't know what you are saying, you need to know the definition of madness, it is doing the same thing the same way over and over again and expecting different results, Islam came after Christianity and points us to the Bible and all the prophets and Muslim's thus familiarise ourself with both the Torah and Injeel I. e old and New Testament but Christians just assume everything about Islam, they don't bother to look into it, they believe their ignorance and assumptions will make it go away, God is the only one who knows who is serving Him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by GodsMopol: 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
I will only say this

The beauty of light is in darkness

Moreso, Darkness doesn't fight darkness

Darkness fights light

Shalom

The devil knows you were a weapon of mass destruction, so, he attacked you with 7 stronger spirits, but instead of you to stand your ground, you cracked.

So, just enjoy your freedom in Islam, at least, you are now where you consider a place of rest (compromise)

Well, I really wish you knew about the suffering, chains and rejection Paul faced.

I will say, you gave up so easily.

See, Jesus said, in this world, you shall face tribulation, what makes you feel you will experience otherwise

Like, I said, enjoy the freedom, I only wish it lasts

3 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by GodsMopol: 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
vannessa7:

If being a member of a church for 14 years and then staying in another for six years is Rolling Stone to you then you don't know what you are saying, you need to know the definition of madness, it is doing the same thing the same way over and over again and expecting different results, Islam came after Christianity and points us to the Bible and all the prophets and Muslim's thus familiarise ourself with both the Torah and Injeel I. e old and New Testament but Christians just assume everything about Islam, they don't bother to look into it, they believe their ignorance and assumptions will make it go away, God is the only one who knows who is serving Him

You spoke about familiar spirits, what makes you feel the angel that appeared to Mohammed was not a familiar spirit.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
vannessa7:

The truth bothers you so much that you evade it like a plague. The Quran contradicts both the Taurat and the Injeel. The Torah is at least 2300 year older that the Quran and even Jesus read from the Torah. The Injeel is at least 600 years older that the Quran and it is trying to rewrite history.

Tell me, did Jesus die on the Cross?

I know you will not respond to this as you have not to my earlier questions. If you have any question about Christianity, pls ask..I will do my best to answer you.

Father, whatever is not from you, binding this daughter of Sarah, by your mercies let them break. Lord open her eyes and let Your light dispel the darkness in Jesus Name. Amen!

Sister, I feel for you but you have misplaced the foundation of salvation. God is merciful.

I am willing to answer your questions.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by enilove(m): 9:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
adepeter2027:

There is nothing like such word "TRUE CHRISTIAN"

The moment you become a Christian, you are actually a TRUE CHRISTIAN, but once you leave, "YOU WERE NEVER A TRUE CHRISTIAN IN THE 1ST PLACE"

Religion and confusion

The question is not for you. Let the op answer for herself.

It is a simple question. There is a " true" christian and a "false" christian, unless you want to tell me that there is nothing like " true or false".

Op, I am expecting your response.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by adepeter2027(m): 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
This thread is funny.

See PRAYER SECTION ontop NL

SO FUNNY
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 26, 2017
@vanessa tell me you are not lying. You said Islam embodies holiness, doesn't Christianity embodies holiness too. Romans 12:1, well because a Muslim man came to marry you doesn't mean Islam is the way, they can marry as many wives as they want unlike Christians. Let me remind you something you forgot "Jesus said I'm the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me"

3 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 11:15pm On Sep 26, 2017
GodsMopol:

You spoke about familiar spirits, what makes you feel the angel that appeared to Mohammed was not a familiar spirit.

What makes you feel it is, Jesus said by their fruits you shall know them, if I don't see the manifestation of God in Christianity while here on earth what makes you think I will see it in eternity. Right from my first day in Islam I have experienced the presence of God, many of you people here know one Christian somewhere who is an enemy to you afflicting you in one way or the other but you can hardly have such experience with a Muslim because when the soul is corrupted the devil borrows it to perpetrate evil, you start seeing people in the dream afflicting you even when those people didn't go to any herbalist with your name because many people are too busy for that, but in Islam your soul is purified, it's what you see that you get, you can hardly hear of a Muslim confessing to witchcraft, many people being to make it big after relocating to Islamic state not knowing they are just enjoying the benefits of holiness, I use to wonder while growing up why Muslim's always win elections and are always at the forefront, it will take a pastor to match up to a genuine Muslim in holiness,

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by GodsMopol: 11:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
vannessa7:

What makes you feel it is, Jesus said by their fruits you shall know them, if I don't see the manifestation of God in Christianity while here on earth what makes you think I will see it in eternity. Right from my first day in Islam I have experienced the presence of God, many of you people here know one Christian somewhere who is an enemy to you afflicting you in one way or the other but you can hardly have such experience with a Muslim because when the soul is corrupted the devil borrows it to perpetrate evil, you start seeing people in the dream afflicting you even when those people didn't go to any herbalist with your name because many people are too busy for that, but in Islam your soul is purified, it's what you see that you get, you can hardly hear of r 31Muslim confessing to witchcraft, many hosted being to make it big after relocating to Islamic state tsh knowing they are just enjoying the benefits of holiness, I use to wonder while growing up why Muslim's always win elections and are always at the forefront, u will take a pastor to match up to a genuine Muslim in holinoess,

See, the devil is the primary enemy of God from the start. See, the fact you see someone in your dream doesn't mean they are the one actually perpetuating those evil. I was listening to Olukoya explaining the die by fire concept and he said, its not the person that they are praying should die, rather, the spirit behind it.

We know of many prophets before Jesus who preached and proclaimed the message of God, but I always have this question, Mohammed seem to be off the mark. Mohammed was said to have fought wars, killed in the name of allah, the question is, considering past prophets, which of them was as brutal as Muhammad, have you ever taken time to recognise that, the isa in the quran might not really be the Jesus we proclaim.

Like I said, Americans will not fight Americans, but allow a terrorist into the territory, American is on their heels. See, light can't fight light as i said earlier, it would rather enhance the light. Jesus suffered on earth, we all know that, aside the constant criticizm his disciples faced

Lemme ask, who is Jesus to you
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by asalimpo(m): 11:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
Madam, you're not the first to "see the light".
Many staunch christians have been there before you-
The guy who drank the Kool-Aid , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones ,
was also once strongly B.A.
Did you know that Adolph hitler, pushed for the purging of the jews using old testament scriptures of cleansing the bloodline! See how much devastation a little veering can cause.
All through out history people have had epiphanies that led to great dastardly acts.
And today, you're just one on the long line.
The issue i see with many christians today is that, like Andrew Wommack said, they dont let the truth mess with their thinking.
We now have gay christians and ministers, espousing their gospel and trying to say something the bible doesnt say.
Christianity is simple: God's word is true or not. God's standard is the standard or not.
No middle ground. It's understandable where they're gray areas but in some areas is bluntly clear what God's stance is.
You do your homework.
You're not the first christian to hav unresolved issues. They're many.
They're many prayers that have not been answered and people dont know why. That doesnt make God's word a lie.
It means there's something the pray-er doesnt know.
All the devil wanted to do was pull you off the path and he succeeded.
Let me start by pointing out the following - 1) You prayed for a husband, and he didnt come, only muslims were coming, so -- that means that's God's will?
2) Your mother said give them a try - is your mother a sufficient guide in this issue? No.
You were an evangelist that simply didnt know the truth or God's will on this issue.
3) When you converted to Islam, your recurrent sicknesses fled! Wow! - meaning - islam is it - c'mon,
or it could be that the author of the sickness,took his goods to make his ploy all the more convincing!
In the bible, moses threw his rod down,it became a serpent, the magicians of pharoah also replicated that - does it mean they were using Godly powers? No.
4) You went to a mountain and prayed - Yeah- but honestly, where in the bible does it say, that you have to go to a particular physical location for your prayer to be effective?
You see what's happening. Modern day /Nigerian christianity is full of so much unscriptural junk.
That's why there's a lot of hit and miss and most christians are deluded.
God confirms his word. If You stood on God's word ,though it tarry and it didnt come to pass, and there was no fault on your part, then you could legally call God a liar and bluffer and throw His Word out!

3 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 11:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
Tosinex:
@vanessa tell me you are not lying. You said Islam embodies holiness, doesn't Christianity embodies holiness too. Romans 12:1, well because a Muslim man came to marry you doesn't mean Islam is the way, they can marry as many wives as they want unlike Christians. Let me remind you something you forgot "Jesus said I'm the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me"

The essence of Christianity is far from holiness, Jesus said he did not come for the Holy people but unholy, You have to qualify, it's spiritual law, you can't be guiltless and still be convicted, What ever Apostle Paul wrote cannot be taken as the word of Christ, He introduced so many idea and he said so himself, look closely at Jesus ministrations and see his message which is to direct man to serve the only living God, the Quran came after the injeel so Jesus saying he is the way has no basis for comparison, all I know is I believe Jesus is a prophet of God born by the Virgin Mary through the word of God and he is coming at the last da.y after the trumpet has been blown as it is written in the Quran and the Bible but God and Jesus did not ask us to worship Jesus in replacement of God, worshipping him along with God is breaking the law of God and earning a curse, that is why many are languishing under heavy affliction of the devil and they are Christians.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Richdotcom: 11:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
vannessa7:

You know, I need to point out to you that my write up is not for everyone, there is someone out there who my experience will help, every deed of man is in plain sight of God who sees the innermost thoughts of every man, all your points don't apply to me because there is no principle I didn't follow, I believed whole heatedly and I never missed any tithe, I had to resign my job myself when a co worker went diabolical on me and nearly killed me, I prayed hard but no respite, anyway your life is different from mine and my experience is different from yours, when you said I should be able to experience the miracles of God in my life if God is using me for others, this shows you don't really have any experience in warfare, there are many men of God performing miracles yet have serious challenges, it took Pastor Olukoya of mfm 16years to have a child though he was praying for people and they were giving birth, I know pastors who are childless but they are dedicating other people children, as for attending programs in other churches, all gift are meant to perfect the saints, your pastor can only specialize in an area, and since pastors invite each other to their churches what is wrong in attending special programs in other churches, anyway all I know is I was blind now I can see, Islam enjoin us to believe all the prophets but serve God, so I still read the Bible because Quran said God sent it down, if you read carefully the words of Jesus you will see he pointed us to God, Apostle Paul is the one that made Jesus God and he never even walk with him when he was alive, go and focus on the message of Jesus himself

No offense madam, we are not quarreling take it easy.....

Ok you made some points that got me interested, initially you said you lost your job it gave me the impression that you were fired didn't know you willingly resigned out of fear, actually I think there is more to your story that you ain't telling us...... like I have always said Christianity isn't the problem, your faith was.... if you truly did believe in the God of the Christian, no matter the nature or size of diabolical powers will make you fear let alone resign your job...... madam take it from me, your faith was not deeply rooted as you think it was..... by your words and by the fruit you produces it shows..... sorry to say.

You said men of God pass through challenges yes they do, but why is it that the names you mentioned didn't neglect the faith for an alternative? Because their faith was and is firm in God, like olukoya that you meantioned did he get his desired result at the end of the day? YES!!!

There are trials as stated in the Bible to last only but for a while, and after which it's gone.....

But madam come to think of it, God performed miracles through you, healed people, gave some miracle jobs and a some their dream husband..... in the church you worshipped with I believe such testimony must have been pouring in on Daily or weekly basis, as a matter of fact he even did some through you.......... now my question, do you think God, singled you out for no reason and decided not to bless you among the multitude?

Other people in the church got answers to their prayers, why didn't you get yours? Do you think God just hate you or he is incapable of helping you? No!!!

If people were getting testimony around you and even some through you and yours didn't come? Then there is something wrong with your faith..... take it from me!!! No offense tho.

Also in the course of this your write up, I will be happy if you could also state some of your prayers that got answered.......... or is it that you didn't get any answers to your prayers? Will love to know thanks!
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by GodsMopol: 11:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
vannessa7:

many of you people here know one Christian somewhere who is an enemy to you afflicting you in one way or the other but you can hardly have such experience with a Muslim

You are wrong, the Bible said, the weapon of our warfare are not carnal and we wrestle not against flesh and blood, so which Christian enemy are you referring to?

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 12:06am On Sep 27, 2017
Richdotcom:

No offense madam, we are not quarreling take it easy.....

Ok you made some points that got me interested, initially you said you lost your job it gave me the impression that you were fired didn't know you willingly resigned out of fear, actually I think there is more to your story that you ain't telling us...... like I have always said Christianity isn't the problem, your faith was.... if you truly did believe in the God of the Christian, no matter the nature or size of diabolical powers will make you fear let alone resign your job...... madam take it from me, your faith was not deeply rooted as you think it was..... by your words and by the fruit you produces it shows..... sorry to say.

You said men of God pass through challenges yes they do, but why is it that the names you mentioned didn't neglect the faith for an alternative? Because their faith was and is firm in God, like olukoya that you meantioned did he get his desired result at the end of the day? YES!!!

There are trials as stated in the Bible to last only but for a while, and after which it's gone.....

But madam come to think of it, God performed miracles through you, healed people, gave some miracle jobs and a some their dream husband..... in the church you worshipped with I believe such testimony must have been pouring in on Daily or weekly basis, as a matter of fact he even did some through you.......... now my question, do you think God, singled you out for no reason and decided not to bless you among the multitude?

Other people in the church got answers to their prayers, why didn't you get yours? Do you think God just hate you or he is incapable of helping you? No!!!

If people were getting testimony around you and even some through you and yours didn't come? Then there is something wrong with your faith..... take it from me!!! No offense tho.

Also in the course of this your write up, I will be happy if you could also state some of your prayers that got answered.......... or is it that you didn't get any answers to your prayers? Will love to know thanks!

Well I will also tell you categorically I did not resign my job out of fear, I saw death coming and I was praying but nothing was happening, only God knows what I went through, as for those men of God, I'm sure they had holiness, they were not being constantly harassed by evil forces, there is a way the devil take away your holiness in order to make you an enemy of God so that he can destroy you, the battle cry of the devil is to make a believer an enemy of God, and if by the nature of your foundation or destiny you have been exposed to the devil, he will constantly manifest by making one unholy through several means such as spirit husband, familiar spirit, idol power, that person will always fail and cannot make heaven in such a state, Islam is the only one that gets rid of all that unless you are a pastor,

I experienced a lot of the move of God in my personal life then such as knowing exam questions during my masters, I was the first to satisfy every condition to graduate in my masters class, I had career growth and prosperity before the devil took them all away

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by luvola(m): 12:23am On Sep 27, 2017
vannessa7:

Well I will also tell you categorically I did not resign my job out of fear, I saw death coming and I was praying but nothing was happening, only God knows what I went through, as for those men of God, I'm sure they had holiness, they were not being constantly harassed by evil forces, there is a way the devil take away your holiness in order to make you an enemy of God so that he can destroy you, the battle cry of the devil is to make a believer an enemy of God, and if by the nature of your foundation or destiny you have been exposed to the devil, he will constantly manifest by making one unholy through several means such as spirit husband, familiar spirit, idol power, that person will always fail and cannot make heaven in such a state, Islam is the only one that gets rid of all that unless you are a pastor,

I experienced a lot of the move of God in my personal life then such as knowing exam questions during my masters, I was the first to satisfy every condition to graduate in my masters class, I had career growth and prosperity before the devil took them all away
check your pm
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Richdotcom: 2:40am On Sep 27, 2017
vannessa7:

Sorry to say madam but It's either you never entered a church and sumbody told you this story or you are just playing around and trying to catch some fun here on NL...... So Satan always have a way of making you unholy because of your foundation?But pastors have holiness obviously they never had wrong foundation ?

The Bible says faith comes by hearing(understanding), if you don't understand what the word of God says about a situation, you can pray and pray and pray and you will still be lost!!! You were too carried away with either your church activities or your search for solution that you didn't try reading and understand what God words says, you didn't bother to know who you are in Christ.....

Who told you that your foundation will always be an hinderance to your relationship with God? Who told you that?

I had foundation issues, with the word of God and with holy communion and with understanding I destroyed mine, right in my self contained many years ago when I was still in the university..never to be a problem anymore to me...... there is a saying that the problems we face in life is a function of our ignorance....... the Bible says my people died for lack of knowledge, the devil was playing you around because you lack the knowledge.

Madam sorry initially I said your faith was shaking, it not your fault it's the fault of the assemble you were or the mind set you used in visiting those other churches..... you were too carried away searching for solutions to your problem that you never for once choose to know God for yourself thus when you "saw" what looked like a fix to your problem you automatically believe God is here.

Because if you truly did try knowing God for yourself you will discover that there is no difference between you and the "holy pastor" in the sight of God...... the only difference is that he knows God and what he says concerning that foundation problem, but you don't!!!

I tell you this, those pastors too had foundation problems, how come they solved it and got "holiness" according to you?

I will tell you, because they know the word of God for them self.

Madam I am not trying to make you feel bad but deep down within you, you know i am saying the truth.... you were going from church to church looking for the man of God to touch you and solve your problem or give you prayer point so you will get " solution" ..... you didn't bother to know God for yourself.

madam what you passed through was hard yes I know..... but people have passed even harder challenges too and conquered...... yours isn't different, nothing new under the earth.

And once again I need to say this, you can see vision and dream of exam questions, you can even be a first class student in your days, that doesn't mean you know God, you might know about him but don't know him personally, I mean having a personal relationship with him.

I am not trying to talk down your newly found religion or scare you but you ain't getting those attacks anymore because you are currently in the devil camp..... thus he will let you for a while .

3 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by GodsMopol: 2:56am On Sep 27, 2017
vannessa7:

What makes you feel it is, Jesus said by p l you because shall know them, if I don't see the manifestation of God in Christianity while here on earth what makes you think I will see it in eternity. Right from my first day in Islam I have experienced the presence of God,

By their fruits, pls shed more light on this, have you seen Hindus or buhdist and you say by their fruit, if you converted to. buhda or Hindu, they will seem to produce fruit because they are holy too. They believe in purity of the mind. See, you are still going to feel. the presence of God even when you do the most formidable thing

As I asked, what do you call a fruit, and take a sample of other religions if they don't bear such fruit. Islam is not really different from other religions.

Am sorry to say this, you might have experienced some gift of the spirit, but you don't or didn't fully comprehend that God sent Jesus to restore the fallen man back to God, the blood of goat or washing of hands is not a perfect sacrifice before God, its not outward adornment, but a recreated spirit, a new spirit, Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

It is the spirit that quickeneth, the flesh is futile before God.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

If you are trying to stay married, I can only tell you what Moses did, Moses grew among the Egyptians, the Egyptians feed or on your case, married you, but Your heart should be on Jesus. Go to mosque and do all of their rites, but let it be unto Jesus.

Jesus said, no one cometh unto the Father, not even by mistake will anyone come near the Father, except through Jesus
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by GodsMopol: 3:12am On Sep 27, 2017
vannessa7:

Well I will also tell you categorically I did not resign my job out of fear, I saw death coming and I was praying but nothing was happening, only God knows what I went through, as for those men of God, I'm sure they had holiness, they were not being constantly harassed by evil forces, there is a way the devil take away your holiness in order to make you an enemy of God so that he can destroy you, the battle cry of the devil is to make a believer an enemy of God, and if by the nature of your foundation or destiny you have been exposed to the devil, he will constantly manifest by making one unholy through several means such as spirit husband, familiar spirit, idol power, that person will always fail and cannot make heaven in such a state,

Christ has put all things under your feet, He has given you the spirit not to fear, but of power, love and of a sound mind, sin shall have no dominion over you,

Islam is the only one that gets rid of all that

You mean to say, God is in support of Islam, do you know Jesus appears to Muslims and they convert to Christians

unless you are a pastor,

Wait, you mean, pastors are the only one that God recognizes or answer their prayers

do you think Muslims experience this from your relationship with them
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by GodsMopol: 3:21am On Sep 27, 2017
So it was all a lie in quote, half story

you created the thread just about the time you claim you left Christianity

You never told us about the fact you were a widow

ooooooh,

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by GodsMopol: 3:25am On Sep 27, 2017
I was shocked when I saw this, I rest my case

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by GodsMopol: 3:39am On Sep 27, 2017
by inference, she was a widow, searching for sure, but was working in the vineyard. But, at 44 since then, Muslims asked her hand out and she went for it.

That which was good was made bad for me

But I know of Hannah the daughter of Phanuel who remained in the temple despite all the negative wind that blew, I don't blame you ma, but you can still stand with Jesus

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Hier(m): 4:12am On Sep 27, 2017
hajlat2:
@Op, welcome to Islam. The religion of peace. Way of life. The religion that provides solution to every problem , be it physical or spiritual .

ops said she did many miracles as against you guys always claiming we manipulated it or staged it
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by jookunlaja(m): 6:39am On Sep 27, 2017
Having read her piece and the responses of others on the platform,I make bold to tell all of you that the issue of religion is very personal.I feel her pains,struggle and circumstances and being a very pragmatic Christian,I must also confess that there are issues beyond the ordinary.
I also suffered for years in the hands of spirit wife and demonic forces that pummeled me almost on a daily basis.In fact, I ran to sleep on a church altar one night thinking that the demons sleeping with me in my dreams and making me to wake up soaked with my sperm will not come near me but lo and behold around 1 am,I was attacked again. Some nights,I will have the experience like twice.I prayed,fasted, 3- 6 days dry fasting,that is fasting with only water and sometimes fasting without water for three days.All unfortunately was to no avail.Oh my God,I suffered in the hand of demonic powers--- like snakes,swarm of snakes in my dream, being pursued like mad,eating,masquerades,evil animals etc.Only God can explain what I went through for years. Meanwhile, I was a youth leader in my church and many call me,Pastor Pastor.Not knowing that I was secretly suffering and dying.
Like Vannesa7 did,the next thing is to start attending different churches and go for deliverance in different locations in Lagos and outside Lagos.My inner life was in total shambles.Poverty and misery were my second identity.Believe me,before I could use a common handset,it took me years to get.Oh I really suffered.
However, I did not for once lose faith or contemplate abandoning my faith or going to shrines.I continued searching and reading.I read alomst all the books i can get on deliverance,dreams victory,household powers,demonic oppression and all pastors' who preach on deliverance became my mentor.
For years,I was in this shackle until one day when I mistakenly stumbled on the solution.Believe me,the solution was far simpler than I ever thought it could be.The solution to my years of horror and misery in the area of dream deliverance was just too simple to believe.Years after,I am still sincerely free,delivered permanent by the awesome power of Jesus.
In those days,even when I shout Jesus,that power will still oppress me and hook me down to the bed,pinned me down to the point that I wont be able to talk or move again.My clothes always wet every night from being tortured and from wet dreams.Some explain away wet dream as psychological or just the natural way of the body discharging unused semen from the body but will it now be everyday and after having some horrible dreams?
No medical explanation can suffice for daily wet dreams and nightly dream horrors which I suffered for many years,virtually throughout my teenage and early adult life.I got delivered permanently when I was about 30 years old.
My wife also had this experience.She lost about three pregnancies,she always have dream sex also.We prayed and fasted but no solution.We approached a supposed Pentecostal pastor who said the solution was for her to come and have three days fasting and prayers in his church and that she will burn the cloth she worn for the programme after prayers and bury it.After leaving the church,I plainly told my wife that we wont go back to that place for anything again.
Believe me sincerely,after some time,the solution also came and it was also so unexpectedly so simple and so unimagined.I speak the truth and I lie not,the solution was so simple, so easy and so certain,however,many years after she's still free and still delivered.
My wife's de;iverance came during a sunday school class in RCCG, I just heard a word from God and i excused myself and went outside the church to pray for just few minutes and I knew it that that was the last time she would ever experience that nightmare again.
My own deliverance came as I was reading Rebecca Brown's book, HE CAME TO SET THE CAPTIVES FREE. I just stumbled on a single insight that set me totally free with just simple words of prayers,without even shouting and screaming as I used to do before.
I have documented my deliverance experience in a book I wrote titled 'Dreams and Interpretation to do it yourself'.Many are going through this issues without knowing what to do.Life itself is full of mysteries but I sincerely submit that Jesus is still alive to deliver.Meanwhile,while I was suffering I pray for people and they receive answers.I minister Holy Spirit baptism and people fall under the anointing when I pray. I was a semi-successful Christianso to say from the outward side but was secretly suffering till my hand touch the solution.My full encounter is in my book,I have sold over 1000 copies and can only sell the e book as I cant afford the reprinting presently.send a text to me for your ebook 07035697820.Though when I'm less busy,I will post more details here especially for people who cant afford to purchase the ebook. Or if you dont have the means to buy,just send me a pm/dm and I will send the PDF to you free of charge,to silence people who may say I came here to advertise my book.
Cases like her own experience is very common in the school of deliverance,the more you fast and pray,the more the powers will oppress and afflict you and when you stop praying,the powers will stop afflicting you.Its a common case.Some when they pay tithes,things would be tight for them but when they stop,things would go on well for them.Those are simple deliverance cases which could have been resolved by digging to the depth.
Mrs. Vanessa7,I have noting to say but to tell you that I was once in your shoes but Jesus eventually delivered me after years of struggle and secondly that deliverance sometimes could be in stages/processes. I saw one or two places where you missed it but i am not here to blame you but we can talk later.
great day ahead

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? / Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? / Faith Oyedepo Rescues Traumatized Teenager During Evangelism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.