Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,808,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian (23447 Views)

Ahmad Amadi: Why I Converted To Christianity - Leader Of Muslims Against Terror / Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2017
Graycoder:

You're right, my level of reasoning is complex for your simpleton's brain. There's no way you can understand why your prophet devoured a child and did all he did, and there is no way you can explain my exposing of your stupid religion. Don't run mad for the sake of your family, but I don't really care if you do though.
LAUGHING leave me alone stop quoting me
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 06, 2017
Graycoder:
If you don't have brains don't you have eyes? You did not see answers in those texts, you're a shame lol

So, you have resorted to insulting, lol. I knew you wouldn't be able to take it.
nawa o which part of I give up don't u understand or dat English to hard for u
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Demmzy15(m): 11:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
Graycoder:

Lol are those questions? You and demmzy15 are flocks of the same kin.

Someone who is pained that he could go lengths to bring my mother, my father and my grandfather into matters they are not aware of?
Muslims are the same, ignorance is your motto. He didn't prove anything and I have addressed his problems. So what questions are you talking about?
Lmao!!! But you lied on my Prophet? Do you know I hold my Prophet higher than my own parents? You can't speak bad about him just anyhow, besides, I didn't abuse your parents. I only compared the situation since you refused to use your head!

Be expecting a rebuttal shortly!
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Graycoder: 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2017
Demmzy15:
Lmao!!! But you lied on my Prophet? Do you know I hold my Prophet higher than my own parents? You can't speak bad about him just anyhow, besides, I didn't abuse your parents. I only compared the situation since you refused to use your head!

Be expecting a rebuttal shortly!

And you keep replying your ignorance every time. I said it earlier, you are a typical Muslim.
Aren't you showing us what Islam is all about? Lol

I spoke against your prophet and you mentioned my parents instead. Yeah, that's how Islam works, I'm not surprised there is no home training verses in the Koran. If we are together you would have stabbed me, right?

Islam is there for everyone to see, and we are seeing clearly.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Demmzy15(m): 12:07am On Oct 07, 2017
Graycoder:

You cannot hide the truth, it's just like a smoke. You have shown the ignorance rocking Islam. You are wherever you are and you think I am not an Atheist because the Atheists you know overlooked the thread. That's really stupid man, and I am not supposed to dilly dally with you but who will make you see your ignorance better if not me?

Ok! Next!?

In fact, that is the wisest thing reasonable Muslims have been doing right since Mohammed died, upholding that Mohammed actually was a pedophile is something I commend you people for.

Later you'll be saying I'm abusing you! Let's see the definition of pedophile and see whether it applies here:

(psychiatry) A person aged 16 years old or older who has a mental disorder that makes him primarily or exclusively sexually attracted toward prepubescent children. [from 20th c.]

1. Aisha(RadiAllaahu Anha) started had started menstruation at the age of 9 before she moved in. This 1400 years ago and the age of consent all around the world was low, 200years ago, it was as low as 7years in the USA. So please educate yourself https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent

2. @underlined, this doesn't apply because Prophet Muhammad(Sallalahu Alayhi Wa Salam) had 2 wives when he married Aisha, the first was older than him while the other was also elderly. Even after marrying Aisha, other women he married we elderly(>17)

But reasonable Muslims and Christians are much better than you who think the biblical god 'married Mary to Joseph', that's insanely silly, I'm not surprised since it came from you. Many reasonable Muslims also believe Jesus was born special by a virgin, something I as an Atheist deems impossible but that's a matter for another day. But your so-called reasonable Muslims believe it anyway. You appear to divert from the reasoning of your fellows by stating otherwise. Am I surprised again? NO.

Nothing worth responding to, so I'll pass!

I am saying it is wrong for a child of 6yrs to clean sperm from a pedophile who bleeps around like a goat.

Apparently you're bigger fool than I thought, Aisha did not move into the Prophet's house until she was 9years. She was his wife till he died when she was 18years old. The hadith never indicated her age when washing, I'm challenging you show me any narration that claimed she was 6years old. You people are pathetic liars!

You mentioned my mother, lol. I will not say anything about that, you are a good Muslim after all.

Of course I'm a good Muslim, if you refuse to your senses, I'll teach you how to. If you abandon religion, that doesn't mean you should abandon your brain too.

Yes, many things only happen in Islam, I give you guys kudos for that. Why would your wives even be forbidden at all? Whether she's menstruating or not, it's not enough reason to forbid your wife. But you said you don't have sex, and to you, that's not semi-forbidding? You cannot really surprise me with your low intellect, not at all. But Islam can forbid women for many other things but not when menstruating, this assures the fact that your profile was a sex maniac.

You're not intelligent at all, I'm sure you own a blog where you write all manners of filth like "how to have sex during menstruation". It has side effects, if the woman doesn't feel it now, they'll surely suffer from complications later. https://www.athenainstitute.com/prsexme.html

I don't expect you to get it, and I know you also don't see anything wrong in a man mounting another man.

Whether the Bible forbids a menstruating woman is not the talk here, defend what your pedophilic master did is what we are saying.

See me see wahala o, so because a man is romantic with his wife during menstruation by laying his head on her lap, that's why you're bitter? Are you saying your father doesn't lay on your mother's lap?

You shpuld read more which religion treats women as outcast, I believe Islam would win that trophy.

While a culture that portrays women as sex objects, deprive them inheritance is what?

Lol, Olori buruku? You should have told me I was been harsh on you instead of cursing me. Don't worry, I will not descend to your level, when the nonintellectuals run out of words, they condescend to cursing. Enjoy your cursing.

Lol!!! So all the abuses you've throwing since is what? Mehn!!! I've really calmed down, if it were years back when I was still fresh in dealing with nincompoops like you, you'll deactivate. Ask your predecessors!

But sadly let me break this sad news to you, you lack cognition and comprehension. That statement you quoted doesn't mean he went to meet Aisha when others were menstruating, it means he slept with his wives when they were menstruating and not just Aisha. Learn how to read and understand, it will help your already miserable life.

Look at this fool! So you're now interpreting Islamic literatures for me koh? You never seem to amaze me!

Firstly, there's no mention of intercouse or "coitus", here's what you referenced:

Maimuna (the wife of the Holy Prophet) reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) contacted and embraced his wives over the waist-wrapper when they were menstruating
[url=http://hadithcollection.com/sahihmuslim/131-Sahih%20Muslim%20Book%2003.%20Menstruation/9014-sahih-muslim-book-003-hadith-number-0579.html]Source[/url]

Secondly, you're allowed to enjoy your wife when they're menstruating, but vaginal/anal penetration is not allowed. So you've failed in your quest!

My grandfather again? Lol grin

I didn't abuse him, I only asked you to ask him how they lived their lives years ago.

I give up on you, I really give up on your life. If after reading that a man of God or servant whichever he was, recite the Koran on his menstruating wife's lap, and you still think Mohammed is not the mad one here, then I give up. Lol

What's wrong in reading a book with my head on my wife's lap? Is it the leg that is removing blood? Are having mental problems that you can't process this. Maybe your brain processing capabilities is outdated when reading, lemme give you a picture, maybe you'll understand.

Oya calm down, hope you understand now?

That's how ridiculed your god is. Lol, when I thought he was the only true god, then someone can read his message while getting ready to f.uck grin grin

slowpoke!!! There was no mention of sex there!!! You too like sex, I'm sure you are fantasying probably because one girl no gree for you. Lemme burst your bubble, in Islam, you're encouraged to supplicate before sex, you mention God's name.

It doesn't stop there, you'll gain reward for satisfying your wife. In Islam, you're to make sure she's satisfied, in fact under an Islamic State, it's encouraged that men who stay far from home to come home every six months. grin grin grin So we're not shy to have sex with our legally wedded wives not aprokos like you that claim to respect women but see them as objects to gratifying your incessant desires.

Oh no, nothing is absolutely wrong with that. Your god is a conqueror, isn't he? And Mohammed his servant must be rewarded anyway, abi? Hediot

Yes! Islam conquers and we've saved civilizations through expanding. After wars, there's booties and this includes slaves. We're talking about 1400years ago, there are rules and regulations as to how you'll treat them. Slaves who become Muslims are freed, a slave can agree to work a specific time so as to be free.

I so wish I am a Christian so I can fight your lies with more lies. But sadly, I'm not going to make you cum. I am not against Vanessa because I am a Christian, I am sorry for her because she moved from frypan to fire. If other Atheists have moved on from the posts, can't you comprehend that I am nothing like others?

The GTHO of the thread, don't you have sense? Just look at how they've been oppressing her for days. You still wan join too, I thought you claimed to respect women? Why try to stress her?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Demmzy15(m): 12:16am On Oct 07, 2017
Graycoder:

And you keep replying your ignorance every time. I said it earlier, you are a typical Muslim.
Aren't you showing us what Islam is all about? Lol

I spoke against your prophet and you mentioned my parents instead. Yeah, that's how Islam works, I'm not surprised there is no home training verses in the Koran. If we are together you would have stabbed me, right?

Islam is there for everyone to see, and we are seeing clearly.
I wasn't rude to your parents, I sincerely apologize if you took it wrongly. I was only making a comparison since you are stubborn and refuse to take heed, you don't even know what you're talking about. I know where you copied all those rubbish you pasted from!

You need to respect my religion, I hold my Prophet to high esteem and heights than even my own parents.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2017
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Smony: 8:44am On Oct 07, 2017
hajlat2:
@Op, welcome to Islam. The religion of peace. Way of life. The religion that provides solution to every problem , be it physical or spiritual .
Ur nt even ashame of urslf fr sayin dat, wat abt d almagiri n blood thirsty bokon haran in north. ar they nt muslim? muslim hav d high no. of pooor pple in world
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by somehow: 9:05am On Oct 07, 2017
I missed it, so can you please quote it for me or direct me to the page?
vannessa7:

I already addressed that in an earlier post
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Smony: 9:09am On Oct 07, 2017
Op, To b sincere ur nt a faithful christian, fr nt believin GOD bt runnin afta churches. if GOD really used u dis mighty thm y lukin 4 wat u already hav. secondly, GOD used u to pull dwn satanic kingdom davnetly devil wil also attackd u bt nw dat ur in his kingdom y wl u xpect him to attack his own. d peace n joy u xperience i asure u is temporary. may GOD delieva u. IJN

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by bolar12(m): 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
Graycoder:

Does that explain why Muslims should kill?
And yet the Bible advises its followers to flee instead of killing those who fight them. Jesus came before Mohammed and so did his apostles and disciples, they were prosecuted but their god never asked them to kill back. So Islam is terrible, very terrible and nothing can account nor explain for the over 270 million people Islam has killed since it started.
1billion people ni sheep not 270 million... إن الدين إن دالله الءسلم
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Graycoder: 12:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
Demmzy15:

Later you'll be saying I'm abusing you! Let's see the definition of pedophile and see whether it applies here:

(psychiatry) A person aged 16 years old or older who has a mental disorder that makes him primarily or exclusively sexually attracted toward prepubescent children. [from 20th c.]

1. Aisha(RadiAllaahu Anha) started had started menstruation at the age of 9 before she moved in. This 1400 years ago and the age of consent all around the world was low, 200years ago, it was as low as 7years in the USA. So please educate yourself https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent

Here is a correct definition, stop looking for ways to defend the atrocities of your prophet

ped·o·phile [péddə fl, pdə fl]
(plural ped·o·philes)
noun
adult with sexual desire for children: an adult who has sexual desire for children or who has committed the crime of sex with a child

-ped·o·phil·ic [pèddə fíllik, pdə fíllik], adjective

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Demmzy15:

Apparently you're bigger fool than I thought, Aisha did not move into the Prophet's house until she was 9years. She was his wife till he died when she was 18years old. The hadith never indicated her age when washing, I'm challenging you show me any narration that claimed she was 6years old. You people are pathetic liars!

Are you not even ashamed of justifying this? A 9-year-old girl? The fact was that he married her when she was 6 years. I don't care when she moved into his house. It is a shameful act for a prophet who claimed(lied) he heard or received a book from god. If god didn't know and couldn't tell him that action was wrong, then I rest my case.

Demmzy15:

Of course I'm a good Muslim, if you refuse to your senses, I'll teach you how to. If you abandon religion, that doesn't mean you should abandon your brain too.

The things that make you a Muslim are how you talk and the things you say, VERY TYPICAL OF BACKWARD PEOPLE.
I abandoned religion because I'm more pragmatic than you, wise than you and refuse to be indoctrinated by illiterates of the old.

Demmzy15:

You're not intelligent at all, I'm sure you own a blog where you write all manners of filth like "how to have sex during menstruation". It has side effects, if the woman doesn't feel it now, they'll surely suffer from complications later. https://www.athenainstitute.com/prsexme.html

I don't expect you to get it, and I know you also don't see anything wrong in a man mounting another man.

This is why I am more intelligent than you, I don't reach conclusions by saying 'I'm sure.' You reek of ignorance and you don't have simple logic. Since you're sure of what you're not sure of, I'd let you continue to be sure in ignorance.

And yes, I don't have a problem with a man I am not feeding or I am not responsible for having sex with another man. In Islam, I realize people don't even have freedom or free will. You must serve Allah since you all are servants. And Allah, for the tyrant that he is, has put up some laws where they have to mutilate his servants for those who err. A grown who wants to have sex with another grown man consensually is none of my business.

Demmzy15:

See me see wahala o, so because a man is romantic with his wife during menstruation by laying his head on her lap, that's why you're bitter? Are you saying your father doesn't lay on your mother's lap?

A supposed holy man is thinking of romance while he is communicating with god. Can't you see what's wrong with that as a religious fool that you are?
Did god also give mohammed veil to cover Muslims brains? Na wa o. Don't mention my father or mother again, else my retaliation will not be funny.

While a culture that portrays women as sex objects, deprive them inheritance is what?

Demmzy15:

Lol!!! So all the abuses you've throwing since is what? Mehn!!! I've really calmed down, if it were years back when I was still fresh in dealing with nincompoops like you, you'll deactivate. Ask your predecessors!

I'm done trying to help you, must you be foolhardy? Don't tell me you don't know the difference between insulting and cursing.
Who are your predecessors? You mean the ones who don't know how to set a fool like you right? Lol

Demmzy15:

Look at this fool! So you're now interpreting Islamic literatures for me koh? You never seem to amaze me!

It's English you don't understand, I'll do well to break it down to your level though.

Demmzy15:

Secondly, you're allowed to enjoy your wife when they're menstruating, but vaginal/anal penetration is not allowed. So you've failed in your quest!

You see how foolish you are? Lol, we are talking about sex when women are menstruating. In your stupid explanation you said no penetration, then why are you arguing?

Demmzy15:

What's wrong in reading a book with my head on my wife's lap? Is it the leg that is removing blood? Are having mental problems that you can't process this. Maybe your brain processing capabilities is outdated when reading, lemme give you a picture, maybe you'll understand.

I'm glad you said a book, a book like Romeo and Juliet can be read, but then since you generalized 'book' here, don't you ever mention how you think your Koran is special again in your life. You have agreed now that it's just like every other book. Thank you.

Demmzy15:

It doesn't stop there, you'll gain reward for satisfying your wife. In Islam, you're to make sure she's satisfied, in fact under an Islamic State, it's encouraged that men who stay far from home to come home every six months. grin grin grin So we're not shy to have sex with our legally wedded wives not aprokos like you that claim to respect women but see them as objects to gratifying your incessant desires.

We know what Islam and we don't need to be reminded. The approval of sex slavery, numerous wives are all justification to how good the religion is. Didn't your sex maniac prophet have NINE wives? Lol, this is hilarious.

Demmzy15:

Yes! Islam conquers and we've saved civilizations through expanding. After wars, there's booties and this includes slaves. We're talking about 1400years ago, there are rules and regulations as to how you'll treat them. Slaves who become Muslims are freed, a slave can agree to work a specific time so as to be free.

Of course, we know your slave history and how your prophet forced all of them to become Muslims. Did you say Islam saved civilizations? You must be an slowpoke for making that statement.

Demmzy15:

The GTHO of the thread, don't you have sense? Just look at how they've been oppressing her for days. You still wan join too, I thought you claimed to respect women? Why try to stress her?

She has oppressed herself by becoming a Muslim in the first place. What's my problem with her? I'm just sorry for her, that was my first comment. I have been replying to you because you asked for the verses analice said she wanted to post and I posted them. But again, it's you, right? Your reasoning is always absurd and upside down, so you don't know why I have been replying. It's A PITY REALLY, I didn't know unintelligent fools like you still exist.

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by iamfromlagos(f): 5:23pm On Oct 07, 2017
vannessa7:
I remember how I used to read the promises of God and wondering why none of them is coming to pass in my life, every promises of Deut 28, now I'm experiencing what it means to serve God, I have also realise that Christianity is very good if only people can worship God and put Jesus in his rightful place, as a prophet not God, that singular act is bringing curses on many Christians because God is a jealous God, He emphasized it throughout the Quran that He will not share His glory, I also meditated on my sojourn in different churches, rccg is very powerful today without much prayer or gymnastics and it's majorly because of their name, the founder received that name directly from God even as an illiterate, I also know that assembly of God church is also very powerful, and any church where God is emphasized in worship, you need to visit mountain of fire to see what people are going through, some people have become customers of affliction and deliverance like I was, I even did 7days dry fasting once without anything to show, I nearly died, all I used to hear is foundation is bad and all that, but it's not like that in Islam, I no longer experience evil dreams of witchcraft attacks, familiar spirit, spirit husband dare not come near me again, every ancestral curses is gone, no more idol power manifesting as snake pursuing me in the dream, I used have many forbidden thing that bring on attack if I do them, I no longer forbid those things, black cloth o, red o, etc
you can lie for Africa. Liade!
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Ainsky: 6:57pm On Oct 07, 2017
Welcome to Islam and congratulations on your reversion. However, your reasons for reverting, for wanting a husband and for your sickness are wrong. You should revert because you find true spiritual bliss and a call to god as you did after your reversion. There are plenty of people who never find a husband or wife or who fall sick and die in Christian and Muslim countries. Belonging to either religion won't prevent that since death comes for us all in the end. Rather than help spread unity and peace among the religions all you did through your post was antagonize the christians who then antagonized the muslims leading to rhe perpetuity of this cycle of hate. Both the Quran and the Bible preach love for one another and for those that do not belong to the religion.

Also your story on Iran is false, Islam does not require lies to help it. I know several christians who have visited Iran and nothing has happened to them. In fact there have been 0 cases of Christians falling sick and dying when visiting Iran. Iran isn't even that religious a place. Plenty of non muslims exist in Iran. Saudi is far more religious and even in Saudi there are many non muslims.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by analice107: 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2017
Ainsky:
Welcome to Islam and congratulations on your reversion. However, your reasons for reverting, for wanting a husband and for your sickness are wrong. You should revert because you find true spiritual bliss and a call to god as you did after your reversion. There are plenty of people who never find a husband or wife or who fall sick and die in Christian and Muslim countries. Belonging to either religion won't prevent that since death comes for us all in the end. Rather than help spread unity and peace among the religions all you did through your post was antagonize the christians who then antagonized the muslims leading to rhe perpetuity of this cycle of hate. Both the Quran and the Bible preach love for one another and for those that do not belong to the religion.

Also your story on Iran is false, Islam does not require lies to help it. I know several christians who have visited Iran and nothing has happened to them. In fact there have been 0 cases of Christians falling sick and dying when visiting Iran. Iran isn't even that religious a place. Plenty of non muslims exist in Iran. Saudi is far more religious and even in Saudi there are many non muslims.
See? Vanessa7 even a muslim can spot your lies.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by jookunlaja(m): 3:41am On Oct 22, 2017
Victory over evil dreams attacks and spiritual wives and husbands.
Finally,Im delighted to let you know that the ebook on DREAMS AND INTERPRETATION (How to do it yourself--A deliverance manual for all ) is now ready for public distribution.
kindly pay N500 into OKUNLAJA JOSEPH O.0016421292,GTBANK
Send a SMS to indicate how/where to transfer the ebook to.
Send either your Whatsup number or email address and it wil be sent within 2 hours.
The book is my personal testimony of how God rescued me from the clutch of the forces of darkness and spiritual wife.How God led me into total victory over this wicked demonic forces.You to can get your deliverance because Jesus is still alive to help us all and his power remains the same for ever.Hebrews 13:8
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by jookunlaja(m): 3:44am On Oct 22, 2017
Mrs.Vanessa,can you send your email address to me,I want to send you a complimentary copy of my ebook-- DREAMS AND INTERPRETATION--How to do it yourself.Its a chronicle of my battles with the forces of wickedness who wanted to vandalize my life until God in his mercy delivered me.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by TRichumble: 4:02am On Oct 22, 2017
vannessa7:
Anyway I have since arrived at some derivative due to my experience of both religion, I have read the Bible through several times and I'm reading the Quran now in English version and I've been through it once and I'm reading it again, i was shocked to discover the Quran wrote about the Bible from beginning to end, it is like a commentary or verification of the Bible, however, I'm also surprised that through out the Quran God made it clear that serving others as partner to Him is not allowed, He said on the judgement day He will call Jesus and Mary mother of Jesus if they were the one that told people to worship them and they will say no and those worshipping them along with God will be thrown in hell, I now remember the 10 commandments where God state that we should not worship anything along with Him, not things in heaven, on earth or under the earth, I also thought of the Lords prayer given by Jesus to his disciples, He said we should pray to God in heaven, even all the miracle of Jesus he always attribute them to God, however the Holy Quran says any one who does not believe in any of the prophets will not make heaven including Prophet Mohammed(SAW).He said Jesus came through the word of God , be, sent to mary,

On the day of judgment you will just find out that the one on th throne Judging all mankind is Jesus Christ.
(John 5:22-23; John 12:48 and 2Corinthians 5:10)

But it is up to you how you live your life.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by amilak: 11:28am On Nov 05, 2017
vannessa7:
I felt compelled to write this after observing the online tussle between Muslim's and Christians here on Nairaland about who is right or wrong. After going through my write up I'm sure you might be more enlightened, I converted to Islam Nov 2016 after 20years of being a dedicated born again minister, I was a home fellowship leader, prayer warrior member, sanctuary cleaner, evangelist, followup member, I used to pray for members of my fellowship and God perform miracles, I use to receive revelations about members that will be perfectly accurate, I was always in every service, but nothing was happening in my life, I had a lot of respect from people that knew how God was using me but nothing was happening in my life, no husband, I lost my job after attaining a top management position, I had incessant witchcraft attacks, familiar spirit, ancestral curses and family idol, I became a deliverance junkie in mfm, I never missed rccg Holy Ghost service, winners Shiloh, I eventually got married 10yrs after graduation, 4yrs later my husband died, by that time I had crossed over to rccg with my husband in Abuja, I was an evangelist. I came back to the south to live with my mum as I had nothing left, I immediately joined rccg there and became committed, but I noticed that when I started praying for another husband only Muslim men came even during my 10yrs of waiting before marriage, after deliverance and prayers Muslim men were the ones I used to see and I will reject them, I used to tell them to convert to Christianity but they always refuse, when the same thing started happening my mother told me to give it a try because of time, I grudgingly agreed, but immediately I started receiving great revelations of great victories in the dream daily so I decided to convert to Islam, the first thing I noticed is that the constant sickness I used to experience vanished, I used to treat malaria or typhoid once in a month, even my mother was surprised, there is a particular situation in the family that has been threatening the peace of the family for long I had done several 3days dry fasting that God should solve it while I was a Christian without any result, my mother testify of it just 2months after I became a Muslim, I also noticed the heavy presence of the Holy Spirit while praying or in a mosque, I now understand why Christians have to sing for long before the Holy Spirit will manifest,Islam embodies holiness and that is why anyone who is not holy and goes to a Muslim domain is in danger, I used to have a couple friends who decided to travel to Iran for vacation they had barely step down from the plane when they fell seriously sick, they told me that many Christians have the same experience and some even dies, I will continue below with further analysis and comparison
Alhamdulillah sis. May Allah continue to guide you. You have come so far in your quest for the truth and Allah as shown you the right path , otherwise you may have been distracted by the virulent comments of some despirate people in this forum all in a bid to discourage you from Islam
I have read through your post, your story and journey is a testimony only to people who are guided by Allah . My mother had a similar experience before she reverted into islam. She was a fervently prayerful young woman, she saw visions, lead crusades and even casted out demons while she was a Christian , her father was a leader of some of the churches at the time. But as God will have it she married a Muslim, my dad obviously , he allowed her to continue going to church and praying with the bible afterall there is no compulsion in religion. But as time went by she saw the similarities between the two religions, which is apparent only if our Christian brothers and sisters were unbiased.
There are a thousand and one similarities between islam and Christianity however the differences between the two religions can be counted on one hand. The problem is 90% of what Christians know about Islam is what is written or shown in the media. Has anyone of them had encounters with a Muslim threatening to behead him/ her based on what Islam preaches? Have they had a confrontation with a Muslim telling them we Muslims don't believe in God, the creator of heaven and earth, but we are just deceitfully worshipping some Idols of the ancient Arabs? Islam is more than what most christains think unfortunately most of our Christian brothers may not give themselves the chance to even listen, they are always quick to attack or hull abusive words at the Prophet. May Allah forgive them. It only takes the grace of Allah to be guided.
My mother is now a Muslim and she brought us up as good Muslims Alhamdulillah. It wasn't a forced or a coersed conversion to Islam. She saw for herself and in her very own heart knew this had to be the true path to God almighty, a sight every sincere heart beholds in it quest for truth. Allah has created us this way, but Shaitan beffuddles and overwhelms the heart of mankind. May Allah protect us.Masalm

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Organs(m): 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2017
Richdotcom:

No offense madam, I can say you didn't know God for yourself because if your words, actions and explanation...... if I see who no read book I go know sorry to say....... you keep pointing at "activities" as yardstick or prove to you knowing God, you can even be a pastor and still go to hell, you can attend all pastoral training in the wolf s and still not know God for yourself, all your pastor can do is talk, it's your duty to build a personal relationship with God..... yes you were led to Islam I am not dragging that with you neither am I here to tell you Islam isn't the way.

RICHDOTCOM: I liked the articulated way you raised your points and replies. One thing is missing, You have not studied islam. You dont know anything about islam. I see that as worrisome. Most people especially in Nigeria know Islam from what people say and not based on objective research. Yes, i agree with you absolutely that some of Vanessa's points is based on yardsticks that in some cases might not necessarily be the yardstick to follow and i am saying this as a muslim. I will advice you to research Islam yourself, understand why it is the fastest growing religion in the world today, understand why it is practiced by the number of adherents that practice it, pay attention to what notable people say about it, people like Mohammed Ali, one of the greatest and most popular athlete ever and why all he wanted, i repeat all he wanted was to die a muslim and so many others. It will lead you to at the very least understand Islam from an unbiased practical understanding. You will also learn and appreciate the fact that for the most part, those converting to islam has one thing peculiar, they are knowledgeable and they know what they are doing. Its mostly not based on getting prayers answered, solving economic hardship etc, that is why Islam is growing in the western world rapidly.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Organs(m): 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2017
Graycoder:

Here is a correct definition, stop looking for ways to defend the atrocities of your prophet

ped·o·phile [péddə fl, pdə fl]
(plural ped·o·philes)
noun
adult with sexual desire for children: an adult who has sexual desire for children or who has committed the crime of sex with a child

-ped·o·phil·ic [pèddə fíllik, pdə fíllik], adjective

Microsoft® Encarta® 2009. © 1993-2008 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Are you not even ashamed of justifying this? A 9-year-old girl? The fact was that he married her when she was 6 years. I don't care when she moved into his house. It is a shameful act for a prophet who claimed(lied) he heard or received a book from god. If god didn't know and couldn't tell him that action was wrong, then I rest my case.

The things that make you a Muslim are how you talk and the things you say, VERY TYPICAL OF BACKWARD PEOPLE.
I abandoned religion because I'm more pragmatic than you, wise than you and refuse to be indoctrinated by illiterates of the old.

This is why I am more intelligent than you, I don't reach conclusions by saying 'I'm sure.' You reek of ignorance and you don't have simple logic. Since you're sure of what you're not sure of, I'd let you continue to be sure in ignorance.

And yes, I don't have a problem with a man I am not feeding or I am not responsible for having sex with another man. In Islam, I realize people don't even have freedom or free will. You must serve Allah since you all are servants. And Allah, for the tyrant that he is, has put up some laws where they have to mutilate his servants for those who err. A grown who wants to have sex with another grown man consensually is none of my business.

A supposed holy man is thinking of romance while he is communicating with god. Can't you see what's wrong with that as a religious fool that you are?
Did god also give mohammed veil to cover Muslims brains? Na wa o. Don't mention my father or mother again, else my retaliation will not be funny.

I'm done trying to help you, must you be foolhardy? Don't tell me you don't know the difference between insulting and cursing.
Who are your predecessors? You mean the ones who don't know how to set a fool like you right? Lol

It's English you don't understand, I'll do well to break it down to your level though.

You see how foolish you are? Lol, we are talking about sex when women are menstruating. In your stupid explanation you said no penetration, then why are you arguing?

I'm glad you said a book, a book like Romeo and Juliet can be read, but then since you generalized 'book' here, don't you ever mention how you think your Koran is special again in your life. You have agreed now that it's just like every other book. Thank you.

We know what Islam and we don't need to be reminded. The approval of sex slavery, numerous wives are all justification to how good the religion is. Didn't your sex maniac prophet have NINE wives? Lol, this is hilarious.

Of course, we know your slave history and how your prophet forced all of them to become Muslims. Did you say Islam saved civilizations? You must be an slowpoke for making that statement.

She has oppressed herself by becoming a Muslim in the first place. What's my problem with her? I'm just sorry for her, that was my first comment. I have been replying to you because you asked for the verses analice said she wanted to post and I posted them. But again, it's you, right? Your reasoning is always absurd and upside down, so you don't know why I have been replying. It's A PITY REALLY, I didn't know unintelligent fools like you still exist.

If only you knew how many Christians are converting to Islam in the west, boy or boy. Pls use google, educate yourself my chairman. Also, note this is not Islam Vs Christianity, nope, or oya lets see who will win, Nope its not about that, but its a fact the Monotheistic nature of islam, the belief in one God and that one God only and orientating yourself, your being everything to nothing but that one God only is so practical and straightforward that it is attracting so many people to the faith. Do yourself a favour like people in the west do, stop learning Islam from what people say por what you see some muslims do, rather learn, do research have an objective mindset and see how you will become enlightened. Good luck.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Richdotcom: 11:23pm On Nov 14, 2017
Organs:

RICHDOTCOM: I liked the articulated way you raised your points and replies. One thing is missing, You have not studied islam. You dont know anything about islam. I see that as worrisome. Most people especially in Nigeria know Islam from what people say and not based on objective research. Yes, i agree with you absolutely that some of Vanessa's points is based on yardsticks that in some cases might not necessarily be the yardstick to follow and i am saying this as a muslim. I will advice you to research Islam yourself, understand why it is the fastest growing religion in the world today, understand why it is practiced by the number of adherents that practice it, pay attention to what notable people say about it, people like Mohammed Ali, one of the greatest and most popular athlete ever and why all he wanted, i repeat all he wanted was to die a muslim and so many others. It will lead you to at the very least understand Islam from an unbiased practical understanding. You will also learn and appreciate the fact that for the most part, those converting to islam has one thing peculiar, they are knowledgeable and they know what they are doing. Its mostly not based on getting prayers answered, solving economic hardship etc, that is why Islam is growing in the western world rapidly.

Ok I will keep studying to know more about Islam, thanks i appreciate.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 11:56pm On Nov 14, 2017
Organs:

I like the civil manner in which you presented your points. Keep it up.

But at the same time, I think you Muslims deliberately misrepresent the bible to conform to the teachings of Islam. I have studied both the Qur'an and Islam to say I have a fair understanding.

e.g.
1. Christians tell you they worship one God: but as Muslims, you insist we worship three gods.(of course the Quran sees Trinity as God, Jesus and Mary which isn't true)
2. The sonship of Jesus was never in the Biological sense, yet you Muslim insist that Since God does not need a wife, He cannot have children (biological)

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Tampinu(m): 12:26am On Nov 15, 2017
vannessa7:
I felt compelled to write this after observing the online tussle between Muslim's and Christians here on Nairaland about who is right or wrong. After going through my write up I'm sure you might be more enlightened, I converted to Islam Nov 2016 after 20years of being a dedicated born again minister, I was a home fellowship leader, prayer warrior member, sanctuary cleaner, evangelist, followup member, I used to pray for members of my fellowship and God perform miracles, I use to receive revelations about members that will be perfectly accurate, I was always in every service, but nothing was happening in my life, I had a lot of respect from people that knew how God was using me but nothing was happening in my life, no husband, I lost my job after attaining a top management position, I had incessant witchcraft attacks, familiar spirit, ancestral curses and family idol, I became a deliverance junkie in mfm, I never missed rccg Holy Ghost service, winners Shiloh, I eventually got married 10yrs after graduation, 4yrs later my husband died, by that time I had crossed over to rccg with my husband in Abuja, I was an evangelist. I came back to the south to live with my mum as I had nothing left, I immediately joined rccg there and became committed, but I noticed that when I started praying for another husband only Muslim men came even during my 10yrs of waiting before marriage, after deliverance and prayers Muslim men were the ones I used to see and I will reject them, I used to tell them to convert to Christianity but they always refuse, when the same thing started happening my mother told me to give it a try because of time, I grudgingly agreed, but immediately I started receiving great revelations of great victories in the dream daily so I decided to convert to Islam, the first thing I noticed is that the constant sickness I used to experience vanished, I used to treat malaria or typhoid once in a month, even my mother was surprised, there is a particular situation in the family that has been threatening the peace of the family for long I had done several 3days dry fasting that God should solve it while I was a Christian without any result, my mother testify of it just 2months after I became a Muslim, I also noticed the heavy presence of the Holy Spirit while praying or in a mosque, I now understand why Christians have to sing for long before the Holy Spirit will manifest,Islam embodies holiness and that is why anyone who is not holy and goes to a Muslim domain is in danger, I used to have a couple friends who decided to travel to Iran for vacation they had barely step down from the plane when they fell seriously sick, they told me that many Christians have the same experience and some even dies, I will continue below with further analysis and comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3tNvCHHyJE
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Organs(m): 12:35am On Nov 15, 2017
shadeyinka:

I like the civil manner in which you presented your points. Keep it up.

But at the same time, I think you Muslims deliberately misrepresent the bible to conform to the teachings of Islam. I have studied both the Qur'an and Islam to say I have a fair understanding.

e.g.
1. Christians tell you they worship one God: but as Muslims, you insist we worship three gods.(of course the Quran sees Trinity as God, Jesus and Mary which isn't true)
2. The sonship of Jesus was never in the Biological sense, yet you Muslim insist that Since God does not need a wife, He cannot have children (biological)

Thank you for your excellent comment. Now to your questions.
1. Yes, for muslims, what is Central is the monotheistic nature of God. He is not a father, he is not a son, he is not a thing. He is explained by his attributes, e.g the creator of the heavens and the earth, mankind, etc. Yes the Quran says They say he is "three" and that actually is some teachings amongst some christians, i.e the father, the son and the holy spirit.
2. The identity of Jesus is still a huge debate in christianity. Some regard him as God, some say he is the son of God. No, we dont look at it in the biological sense because we have the same exact story in the Quran. Jesus is actually a word from God like Adam, God said "Be" and he was. Yes he had no biological father and Mary his mother was a virgin when she conceived him. As a matter of fact, in Islam, the first miracle Jesus performed was that he spoke the day he was born. Mary was known to be chaste and a virtuous woman and they asked her how she came about with a child and she had taken an oath of silence for i believe 3 days and was not talking. She pointed to baby Jesus and he spoke that he is a Prophet from God almighty with a message for the people.

Note, that if for example, you want to become muslim today, all you have to do is say, there is no deity, god, saviour, anything worthy of worship but God almighty alone, (you dont stop at that) you also say, Muhammed is the messenger of God. This is compulsory so there is never a time whereby muslims will start worshipping Mohammed or raising him to God status as human beings usually do with things they can feel touch etc. Also, the Prophet mohammed ordered that all his pictures, images anything of him be destroyed and cursed anyone that worships him or ascribe divinity to him or raise him to the level of God almighty, that is blasphemy and all that is because of how people after a while started worshiping Jesus, took him as saviour, pray in his name etc and Jesus to muslims is a prophet of God, just like all those that came before him, Moses, David, Joseph, Noah, Abraham, etc including Mohammed (SAW) that was the last and final prophet.

look up Hamza Yusuf, Suhaib Webb etc. These are Christians that converted to Islam. Mind you though, for making Heaven, God is the Judge and he will Judge us all accordingly. If you are a christian and have no faith in Islam, as far as i understand it (i might be wrong) you will be judged by your faith, you have issues if you see the truth in islam and you know for sure but just refused to believe just because. let me know if you have more questions. thank you again.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 1:33am On Nov 15, 2017
Organs:

Thank you for your excellent comment. Now to your questions.
1. Yes, for muslims, what is Central is the monotheistic nature of God. He is not a father, he is not a son, he is not a thing. He is explained by his attributes, e.g the creator of the heavens and the earth, mankind, etc. Yes the Quran says They say he is "three" and that actually is some teachings amongst some christians, i.e the father, the son and the holy spirit.
No Christian contest the monotheistic naure of God. The greatest commandment starts with the phrase "hear o Israel, the Lord your God is ONE .....". The issue of trinity isn't three different personalities but three different IDENTITIES. That is God (a title for the supreme diety) as
1. The Father (not Biological but spiritual):
God is the Father of whom ever He calls a son.
Compare with Abraham as Gods friend (only because God calls him so. God is the God and Creator of everything, yet God is not the Father of everything. God relates to some of His creatures as Father.
2. The Word:
By which every thing seen and unseen is made/created. Since God does not have a literal mouth, Gods word is God Himself.

Now, what the Scriptures tell us is that the WORD became FLESH (human), who came to His own but His own could not even recognize Him. This is Jesus.
3. The Holy Spirit:
Gods Holy Spirit is the manifestation of His presence and Power and Glory. When God says " kufa ya kum" (BE!). Just like the wind cannot be seen yet its power can be felt , the same with God who is a Spirit.

So, Trinity is a description of the Identities of God just like our president Buhari has identities of Daddy (to his children), Husband (to his wife), Boss (to his staff), President (to the rest of us Nigerians).

Abi, how many Presidents do we have in Nigeria?
Organs:

2. The identity of Jesus is still a huge debate in christianity. Some regard him as God, some say he is the son of God. No, we dont look at it in the biological sense because we have the same exact story in the Quran. Jesus is actually a word from God like Adam, God said "Be" and he was. Yes he had no biological father and Mary his mother was a virgin when she conceived him. As a matter of fact, in Islam, the first miracle Jesus performed was that he spoke the day he was born. Mary was known to be chaste and a virtuous woman and they asked her how she came about with a child and she had taken an oath of silence for i believe 3 days and was not talking. She pointed to baby Jesus and he spoke that he is a Prophet from God almighty with a message for the people.
The bolded isn't true at all.
The main sect who contend the divinity of Christ is the Jehovah witness. If you care to know, the Jehovah's witness are the equivalent of the Amhmadiya to the Muslims. Or do you believe that Mirza Ghulam Ahmed is the promised messiah and the Mahdi? Do you believe that Jesus was crucified but only fainted on the cross? (I assume you are not an Ahmadiya).

Is it proper to use the ahmadiya to preach the discord within the believes of Muslims? Certainly not! In every religion, there would be divergent sects.

Christians see Jesus as BOTH God (the Word) AND the Son of God. The Word became Human: that human is called the son of God. One can safely say that 95% of Christians believe this.

Do Muslims need to believe this? NO!
But should they properly understand what Christians believe? YES

Organs:

Note, that if for example, you want to become muslim today, all you have to do is say, there is no deity, god, saviour, anything worthy of worship but God almighty alone, (you dont stop at that) you also say, Muhammed is the messenger of God. This is compulsory so there is never a time whereby muslims will start worshipping Mohammed or raising him to God status as human beings usually do with things they can feel touch etc. Also, the Prophet mohammed ordered that all his pictures, images anything of him be destroyed and cursed anyone that worships him or ascribe divinity to him or raise him to the level of God almighty, that is blasphemy and all that is because of how people after a while started worshiping Jesus, took him as saviour, pray in his name etc and Jesus to muslims is a prophet of God, just like all those that came before him, Moses, David, Joseph, Noah, Abraham, etc including Mohammed (SAW) that was the last and final prophet.

look up Hamza Yusuf, Suhaib Webb etc. These are Christians that converted to Islam. Mind you though, for making Heaven, God is the Judge and he will Judge us all accordingly. If you are a christian and have no faith in Islam, as far as i understand it (i might be wrong) you will be judged by your faith, you have issues if you see the truth in islam and you know for sure but just refused to believe just because. let me know if you have more questions. thank you again.
Actually, it was Jesus who asked His followers to Pray in His Name. Jesus did not write any book (He wasn't given the Injeel). He preached the Gospel (GoodNews of Gods Kingdom) and Commissioned His disciples to preach this GoodNews.

What is the GoodNews?
That Salvation has come down to men Not to be attained by works of righteousness but as a free GIFT of God.
Eph2:8-9 By Gods grace we are saved through Faith it is not of ourselves (now of works) it is a Gift of God so that no one can boast (in paradise of how devoted he was).

John1:12 To those who believe in Christ name, He gave the power to be Gods children (not born from the flesh but by the Spirit of God)

The GoodNews is about the Sacrifice made by God on behalf of Man as a means of redemption (purchase back) of man from the corruption of sin (sin nature of man).

Finally, Jesus didn't come to set up a religion. No!
Jesus came to set up a relationship between God and Man so that each on of us can relate to God as Children.

So, you see, Christians are not saying anything outside what the Bible teaches.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Organs(m): 2:11am On Nov 15, 2017
shadeyinka:

No Christian contest the monotheistic naure of God. The greatest commandment starts with the phrase "hear o Israel, the Lord your God is ONE .....". The issue of trinity isn't three different personalities but three different IDENTITIES. That is God (a title for the supreme diety) as
1. The Father (not Biological but spiritual):
God is the Father of whom ever He calls a son.
Compare with Abraham as Gods friend (only because God calls him so. God is the God and Creator of everything, yet God is not the Father of everything. God relates to some of His creatures as Father.
2. The Word:
By which every thing seen and unseen is made/created. Since God does not have a literal mouth, Gods word is God Himself.

Now, what the Scriptures tell us is that the WORD became FLESH (human), who came to His own but His own could not even recognize Him. This is Jesus.

3. The Holy Spirit:
Gods Holy Spirit is the manifestation of His presence and Power and Glory. When God says " kufa ya kum" (BE!). Just like the wind cannot be seen yet its power can be felt , the same with God who is a Spirit.

So, Trinity is a description of the Identities of God just like our president Buhari has identities of Daddy (to his children), Husband (to his wife), Boss (to his staff), President (to the rest of us Nigerians).

Abi, how many Presidents do we have in Nigeria?

The bolded isn't true at all.
The main sect who contend the divinity of Christ is the Jehovah witness. If you care to know, the Jehovah's witness are the equivalent of the Amhmadiya to the Muslims. Or do you believe that Mirza Ghulam Ahmed is the promised messiah and the Mahdi? Do you believe that Jesus was crucified but only fainted on the cross? (I assume you are not an Ahmadiya).

Is it proper to use the ahmadiya to preach the discord within the believes of Muslims? Certainly not! In every religion, there would be divergent sects.

Christians see Jesus as BOTH God (the Word) AND the Son of God. The Word became Human: that human is called the son of God. One can safely say that 95% of Christians believe this.

Do Muslims need to believe this? NO!
But should they properly understand what Christians believe? YES

Actually, it was Jesus who asked His followers to Pray in His Name. Jesus did not write any book (He wasn't given the Injeel). He preached the Gospel (GoodNews of Gods Kingdom) and Commissioned His disciples to preach this GoodNews.

What is the GoodNews?
That Salvation has come down to men Not to be attained by works of righteousness but as a free GIFT of God.
Eph2:8-9 By Gods grace we are saved through Faith it is not of ourselves (now of works) it is a Gift of God so that no one can boast (in paradise of how devoted he was).

John1:12 To those who believe in Christ name, He gave the power to be Gods children (not born from the flesh but by the Spirit of God)

The GoodNews is about the Sacrifice made by God on behalf of Man as a means of redemption (purchase back) of man from the corruption of sin (sin nature of man).

Finally, Jesus didn't come to set up a religion. No!
Jesus came to set up a relationship between God and Man so that each on of us can relate to God as Children.

So, you see, Christians are not saying anything outside what the Bible teaches.

Hmm, I think we are still saying the same thing for the most part. two things are clear.

1. If you say Jesus is God and saviour, then all this becomes complicated and unexplainable and all you have to do is invoke "dogma" just believe. Trinity has always been confusing and nobody has been able to explain that God is in three forms, or can take three roles, and at some point one part died for three days and it was then in two forms, then that part resurrected again. No ShadeYinka, God said he is above all of that, God is divine, God is not man, cannot become man also, the holy spririt had always existed, read the old testament and not after Jesus ascended to heaven. Again, think about it, why will lucifer tell God the sun just bow to me and i will give you this this and this Think deeply about that... It can only make sense if Jesus is a prophet of God and not God the son. But, like a christian i asked said, lucifer will say anything? I dont get it, i will go to Buhari now and say, bow to me and i will make you President of Nigeria now now now.....Think about it deeply. You will understand. There is a documentary by theologians and Christains and professors, "who is Jesus" Look it up its a rich documentary and all the beliefs.
2. Also, the sacrifice, do you absolutely believe that God will sacrifice himself (son) unto himself (Father) nailed on the cross amongst thieves and left there to die before he can forgive sin? ShadeYinka that is hard to swallow...... Unless that blood atonement of being nailed on the cross, imagine how painful that is and left hanging on that cross to dieelse he will not forgive the sin that adam and eve committed that i and you knew nothing about? And he equally said, the soul that sinneth shall die, the iniquity of the father is not on the son neither is the iniquity of the son on the father, the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him and....... My broda, think about it deeply.

One thing is certain, When Jesus came, the jews did not believe him and they did not move over to christianity because of his birth etc. Now, when the Prophet Mohammed came, the christians did not believe him and they did not move over because he is from the descendants of Ishmael, Haggai (slave girl and Abraham Union).
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by shadeyinka(m): 9:50am On Nov 15, 2017
Thanks for your post. I see that you understand my post which is good BUT contest the logic and the possibility which is also good. So, I will answer your query
Organs:

Hmm, I think we are still saying the same thing for the most part. two things are clear.

1. If you say Jesus is God and saviour, then all this becomes complicated and unexplainable and all you have to do is invoke "dogma" just believe.
Trinity has always been confusing and nobody has been able to explain that God is in three forms, or can take three roles, and at some point one part died for three days and it was then in two forms, then that part resurrected again.
No Sir! Trinity isn't a complex concept.

Now, God is complex and indescribable. However, we can only attempt to relate what God has revealed about Himself to our level of comprehension.
I will use 3 descriptions of explaining that Trinity doesn't invalidate the concept of oneness of God.
1. Matter exhibits a Duality nature:
Matter exist BOTH as a Wave and as a Particle at the same time. As a wave, matter has all the properties of a wave including interference, refraction, diffraction etc. Particles on the other hand has properties of mass, momentum, etc. In Classical physics it is impossible for a particle to exhibit properties of waves and vise versa. However, in Quantum physics, this is possible: so that electrons have a mass and yet behaves as waves.

This enigma is resolved by the "waves particle duality" theory of matter.

In other words, even in creation, not every thing is what it seems it is. If the created can be this complex, how much more the Creator. As a joke, I always tell my Muslim friends that they operate Islam in the Classical realm while Christianity operates in the Quantum realm.

That is if Duality makes sense in nature, Trinity certainly does.
2. Trinity of Man:
Actually, the closest description of the Trinity of God is the Trinity of Man. Man is made up of a Body, a Soul and a Spirit. Each one of this is fully you.
Body: Physical Identity (how you are recognized and relate in the physical realm.)
Soul: Internal Identity (how you recognize and relate to yourself).
Spirit: Spiritual Identity (how you are recognized and relate in the spiritual realm.)

Each one is fully you. Even in death, your body is referred still as YOU. If prophet Mohammed went to the heavens and saw Ibrahim, Jesus and the other prophets, doesn't it suggest that even though their bodies are decayed in their graves yet they are full humans?

That may partially answer your question of what happened when Jesus died.

3. Duality of Man in Islam:
Even though the concept of duality or trinity is not explicitly taught in Islam, we can infer the doctrine.

According to you Muslims, when a man dies, two angels will come to him and ask him three basic question
i. What is your religion?
ii. Who was your prophet?
iii. Who is your Lord?
If he replies appropriately as : Islam-Prophet Mohammed-Allah, his state in the grave would be made pleasant. Otherwise, it would be made difficult.

Now, can a person evade this by asking his family to burn him to smokes or if he was eaten completely by sharks?

I am sure you'll agree with me that the complete destruction of the body does not prevent these two angels from doing the needful. In that sense, with what ear will the dead hear the angels? With what mouth with the dead respond to the angels? With what body would the dead experience both torment or bliss as the case may be?

So, you see that at least, the duality of man is established even in Islam.

Organs:

No ShadeYinka, God said he is above all of that, God is divine, God is not man, cannot become man also, the holy spririt had always existed, read the old testament and not after Jesus ascended to heaven. Again, think about it, why will lucifer tell God the sun just bow to me and i will give you this this and this Think deeply about that... It can only make sense if Jesus is a prophet of God and not God the son. But, like a christian i asked said, lucifer will say anything? I dont get it, i will go to Buhari now and say, bow to me and i will make you President of Nigeria now now now.....Think about it deeply. You will understand. There is a documentary by theologians and Christains and professors, "who is Jesus" Look it up its a rich documentary and all the beliefs.
God is not a man: I agree
But God can become anything He wants except He isn't Omnipotent. If God brings himself down to the human level, He does it not for Himself (for He doesn't need to) but for the sake of man( through His love for him).

The Bible tells us that Satan didn't know either the identity nor the purpose of the coming of Jesus to earth.
I Corinthians 2: 7, 8 --
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes [Satan and all of his devil spirits] of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
The Messiah was to come but no one knew exactly how because the prophecies about Him presented Him as a king, prophet, son of God, AND at the same time as a Servant, Sacrifice, etc.
If Satan knew the identity of Christ, your argument is very very valid.

Organs:

2. Also, the sacrifice, do you absolutely believe that God will sacrifice himself (son) unto himself (Father) nailed on the cross amongst thieves and left there to die before he can forgive sin? ShadeYinka that is hard to swallow...... Unless that blood atonement of being nailed on the cross, imagine how painful that is and left hanging on that cross to dieelse he will not forgive the sin that adam and eve committed that i and you knew nothing about? And he equally said, the soul that sinneth shall die, the iniquity of the father is not on the son neither is the iniquity of the son on the father, the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him and....... My broda, think about it deeply.
Just as there are physical laws (gravity, entropy, genetic inheritance), there are spiritual laws. One of the pillars of spiritual laws is the "law of sin and death", " the law of redemption/blood sacrifice". The law of sin and death states that SIN against the almighty MUST be punished.

God is infinitely Mighty and Holy that violations to His will must receive the ultimate judgement "Death" (not annihilation). Now, because of this except justice is served, it violates the law of Justice of God.

What the scriptures teach us was that "Blood Sacrifice" was instituted by God as judgement substitute (for want of better words). Or why did God need the death of animals in the time of Prophet Ibrahim.

I agree, the concept of "Blood Sacrifice" is not taught in Islam (is it?). But it is a central concept in both Judaism and Christianity. Removing "Blood sacrifice" in both religions is as if the "oneness of allah)" is removed from Islam.
Hebrews 9:19-22
“When Moses had proclaimed every commandment of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. He said, “This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep.” In the same way, he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and everything used in its ceremonies. In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin” .

So, the question of who the original institutor of is and why is a very fundermental question. There is not one single prophet common to both Islam and Christianity that did not make blood sacrifice.

But like I said, blood sacrifice is meaningless in Islam (probably abrogated).

The question of iniquities of the fathers not passing to the children should be taken in its context. I cannot commit armed robbery and my son be made to pay the price in God's judgement- That is the meaning.

Rom12:5
When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam's sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned.

Let me explain. Its just like a promiscuous couple who caught HIV and then get pregnant. Of course the innocent child will likely catch HIV even though he wasn't even conceived when the acts of immorality was conducted by the parent. The plain truth about life is that we inherit a lot from our fore fathers (in the physical).

In other words, Our cravings for sin was as a result of Adam and Eve. The scriptures cannot be broken.

Organs:

One thing is certain, When Jesus came, the jews did not believe him and they did not move over to christianity because of his birth etc. Now, when the Prophet Mohammed came, the christians did not believe him and they did not move over because he is from the descendants of Ishmael, Haggai (slave girl and Abraham Union).

For a number of reasons.
1. Gal1:8
Even if we(the Apostles) or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse!

Islam was certainly different from the Gospel of Christ. So, you can understand our resistance against Islam.
2. Prophet Mohammed didn't bear the mark of a Prophet:
One of the greatest marks of a prophet was that God directly speaks to such. You can confirm from the Scriptures. In the bible, anyone could be spoken to by an angel eg Mary the Mother of Jesus, Samson's parents etc but it doesn't make them a prophet. The other part of it is supernatural powers to validate their message.
Even when these two are present, it doesn't guarantee that a prophet is accepted but at least, hey must be present in the life of the prophet of God.

This is a very long post. I wish we could reduce it to onebpoint at a time after your response.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 15, 2017
I am a christian but I will never deny that Nigeria is a Muslim country. Nigeria is not a secular state. Nigeria is not a two religion state. Nigeria is a Muslim State. And it is because Nigerian Christians are generally an ignorant bunch. Including CAN and PFN.

The Nigerian Christian fights over who has bought a new private jet or whether a school built by a church is too expensive or whether we should pay tithe while we leave the government who has been collecting our taxes since 1960 with nothing to show for it.

On the other hand Muslims are more interested in political and military power. They know that once they have those two powers then they have the country. Almost all the oil wells located in the South are owned by Northern Muslims. With all due respect, in my opinion, a muslim in the South is just deceiving himself. The North does not regard them as true muslims. I stand to be corrected though.

Read Full article here
https://africanstoriess..com.ng/2017/11/articlenigeria-is-muslim-country-by.html
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by orisa37: 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
You might be a Christian but you were never Born Again. Now you are a Christlam(Islam).
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by warriboy21(m): 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2017
shadeyinka:
Thanks for your post. I see that you understand my post which is good BUT contest the logic and the possibility which is also good. So, I will answer your query

No Sir! Trinity isn't a complex concept.

Now, God is complex and indescribable. However, we can only attempt to relate what God has revealed about Himself to our level of comprehension.
I will use 3 descriptions of explaining that Trinity doesn't invalidate the concept of oneness of God.
1. Matter exhibits a Duality nature:
Matter exist BOTH as a Wave and as a Particle at the same time. As a wave, matter has all the properties of a wave including interference, refraction, diffraction etc. Particles on the other hand has properties of mass, momentum, etc. In Classical physics it is impossible for a particle to exhibit properties of waves and vise versa. However, in Quantum physics, this is possible: so that electrons have a mass and yet behaves as waves.

This enigma is resolved by the "waves particle duality" theory of matter.

In other words, even in creation, not every thing is what it seems it is. If the created can be this complex, how much more the Creator. As a joke, I always tell my Muslim friends that they operate Islam in the Classical realm while Christianity operates in the Quantum realm.

That is if Duality makes sense in nature, Trinity certainly does.
2. Trinity of Man:
Actually, the closest description of the Trinity of God is the Trinity of Man. Man is made up of a Body, a Soul and a Spirit. Each one of this is fully you.
Body: Physical Identity (how you are recognized and relate in the physical realm.)
Soul: Internal Identity (how you recognize and relate to yourself).
Spirit: Spiritual Identity (how you are recognized and relate in the spiritual realm.)

Each one is fully you. Even in death, your body is referred still as YOU. If prophet Mohammed went to the heavens and saw Ibrahim, Jesus and the other prophets, doesn't it suggest that even though their bodies are decayed in their graves yet they are full humans?

That may partially answer your question of what happened when Jesus died.

3. Duality of Man in Islam:
Even though the concept of duality or trinity is not explicitly taught in Islam, we can infer the doctrine.

According to you Muslims, when a man dies, two angels will come to him and ask him three basic question
i. What is your religion?
ii. Who was your prophet?
iii. Who is your Lord?
If he replies appropriately as : Islam-Prophet Mohammed-Allah, his state in the grave would be made pleasant. Otherwise, it would be made difficult.

Now, can a person evade this by asking his family to burn him to smokes or if he was eaten completely by sharks?

I am sure you'll agree with me that the complete destruction of the body does not prevent these two angels from doing the needful. In that sense, with what ear will the dead hear the angels? With what mouth with the dead respond to the angels? With what body would the dead experience both torment or bliss as the case may be?

So, you see that at least, the duality of man is established even in Islam.

God is not a man: I agree
But God can become anything He wants except He isn't Omnipotent. If God brings himself down to the human level, He does it not for Himself (for He doesn't need to) but for the sake of man( through His love for him).

The Bible tells us that Satan didn't know either the identity nor the purpose of the coming of Jesus to earth.
I Corinthians 2: 7, 8 --
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes [Satan and all of his devil spirits] of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
The Messiah was to come but no one knew exactly how because the prophecies about Him presented Him as a king, prophet, son of God, AND at the same time as a Servant, Sacrifice, etc.
If Satan knew the identity of Christ, your argument is very very valid.

Just as there are physical laws (gravity, entropy, genetic inheritance), there are spiritual laws. One of the pillars of spiritual laws is the "law of sin and death", " the law of redemption/blood sacrifice". The law of sin and death states that SIN against the almighty MUST be punished.

God is infinitely Mighty and Holy that violations to His will must receive the ultimate judgement "Death" (not annihilation). Now, because of this except justice is served, it violates the law of Justice of God.

What the scriptures teach us was that "Blood Sacrifice" was instituted by God as judgement substitute (for want of better words). Or why did God need the death of animals in the time of Prophet Ibrahim.

I agree, the concept of "Blood Sacrifice" is not taught in Islam (is it?). But it is a central concept in both Judaism and Christianity. Removing "Blood sacrifice" in both religions is as if the "oneness of allah)" is removed from Islam.
Hebrews 9:19-22
“When Moses had proclaimed every commandment of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. He said, “This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep.” In the same way, he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacle and everything used in its ceremonies. In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin” .

So, the question of who the original institutor of is and why is a very fundermental question. There is not one single prophet common to both Islam and Christianity that did not make blood sacrifice.

But like I said, blood sacrifice is meaningless in Islam (probably abrogated).

The question of iniquities of the fathers not passing to the children should be taken in its context. I cannot commit armed robbery and my son be made to pay the price in God's judgement- That is the meaning.

Rom12:5
When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam's sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned.

Let me explain. Its just like a promiscuous couple who caught HIV and then get pregnant. Of course the innocent child will likely catch HIV even though he wasn't even conceived when the acts of immorality was conducted by the parent. The plain truth about life is that we inherit a lot from our fore fathers (in the physical).

In other words, Our cravings for sin was as a result of Adam and Eve. The scriptures cannot be broken.

For a number of reasons.
1. Gal1:8
Even if we(the Apostles) or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse!

Islam was certainly different from the Gospel of Christ. So, you can understand our resistance against Islam.
2. Prophet Mohammed didn't bear the mark of a Prophet:
One of the greatest marks of a prophet was that God directly speaks to such. You can confirm from the Scriptures. In the bible, anyone could be spoken to by an angel eg Mary the Mother of Jesus, Samson's parents etc but it doesn't make them a prophet. The other part of it is supernatural powers to validate their message.
Even when these two are present, it doesn't guarantee that a prophet is accepted but at least, hey must be present in the life of the prophet of God.

This is a very long post. I wish we could reduce it to onebpoint at a time after your response.

Respect bro!
I always admire how you disect every of your response.

It's always like a brutality leaving them in total confusion. I always watch out for post of urs n oda christain watchdog warriors like abgadidi n parisbookadic. On nairalnad religion section. I also know God is seeing ur hardwork in all this fight you are fighting against the kingdom of darkness. God bless!

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Graycoder: 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
Organs:

If only you knew how many Christians are converting to Islam in the west, boy or boy. Pls use google, educate yourself my chairman. Also, note this is not Islam Vs Christianity, nope, or oya lets see who will win, Nope its not about that, but its a fact the Monotheistic nature of islam, the belief in one God and that one God only and orientating yourself, your being everything to nothing but that one God only is so practical and straightforward that it is attracting so many people to the faith. Do yourself a favour like people in the west do, stop learning Islam from what people say por what you see some muslims do, rather learn, do research have an objective mindset and see how you will become enlightened. Good luck.

I have to advise you to conduct a research too particularly on monotheistic religions. Google is your friend too or is it your enemy?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Shiloh: I Became A Minister After Bishop Oyedepo Prayed For Me - Betta Edu / Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 56th Birthday Today / Sam Adeyemi Accepted Into The Forbes Coaching Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 278
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.