Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (83812 Views)

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Deeper Life Church Completes Headquarters After 15 Years (Photos) / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by SirGoldEjike(m): 5:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
ransomed:
::-- You know your bible and you know exactly what i was trying to convey. My comment was generalized and not directed at you sir. I am sorry if you feel offended. I am not religious but do not like people who compromise the standard of God to please the society of whoremongers.
Its well! May God continue to keep us standing in the Truth! How's are the brethren over there especially our Youths?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by ransomed: 5:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
Its well! May God continue to keep us standing in the Truth! How's are the brethren over there especially our Youths?
::-- Amen! Our God is marching on and the youths are shouting and singing:for the way is growing bright and our souls are on the wing, we are going bye and bye to the palace of the king, glory to God Halleluyah.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
michony505:
Most black countries are failing becos we STIGMATIZE wrongly. How can u use one case to generalize all? When I joined DL I realised that what most ppl say about the Church ( even my parents and siblings) are BLUNTLY WRONG! this always pains me. I remember a white man that wrote a book on DL, the man came to Nigeria here study the church very well, went to some of the programs and came out with a write up on DL. Which is almost correct(90%) and this man is not a member. But the ones brought up and breed here still goes on with Fake info about DL becos of natural hate. MOST PEOPLE LOVES THIS WORLDLY FASHION SO MUCH THAT EVEN IF GOD COMES DOWN TO CORRECT THERE WILL STILL BE HATE SPECCH AGAINST HIM!
It's not an hate speech, I am just worried about how they go about it
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
JoshMedia:

and you think the Church mandated her to do so?
Have attended about two Deeper Life wedding, Babe, What I saw wasn't the shit people post here, most of you guys are just exaggerating.
What if I wasn't close to some Deeper Life Members?
I will have to believe those crap?
I have deeper life friends, trust me. The rules of their churches differ, some emphasize on certain things which ain't necessary. Even some of my deeper life friends say so.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
cosmatika:
Wat is ur definition of dress well? Hope U know dat ur mother Mary is not an Olosho. Igbo ppl say dat "onye chowa ilú nwanyi, óchówa nke ana alú alú". Meaning dat wen a guy wants to marry, he starts looking for d marriageable ones. I drop my pen here
that thinking was shallow. you can dress decent and still look beautiful even without make up.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2017
almarthins:

Na lie ! U people don come against. Na catholic be that
Catholic no dey specify style, take am easy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by danfidel01(m): 3:41am On Sep 27, 2017
These are all different and beautiful pictures of sifferent deeper life weddings (including d interior decor), so if u don't see a high level of modesty which the Bible talks about, then I don't know what else your looking for (except to condemn people and get condemned too).
The bottom line is the word MODESTY.... People do not have to model their appearance according to what some celebrity (who doesn't know God) will wear.
The big question too should always be "WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?". So if Christ were in your shoes, would he do what you want to do (on your wedding day, as the case may be)? If you can't answer the question aright, then you are about to do something wrong.

And as for Mr Tosyne2much, I would advice you don't say things you don't know (or things you only see at face level). Be sure before you make your assumptions or jump into conclusions.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL. AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by deturla: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
danfidel01:
These are all different and beautiful pictures of sifferent deeper life weddings (including d interior decor), so if u don't see a high level of modesty which the Bible talks about, then I don't know what else your looking for (except to condemn people and get condemned too).
The bottom line is the word MODESTY.... People do not have to model their appearance according to what some celebrity (who doesn't know God) will wear.
The big question too should always be "WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?". So if Christ were in your shoes, would he do what you want to do (on your wedding day, as the case may be)? If you can't answer the question aright, then you are about to do something wrong.

And as for Mr Tosyne2much, I would advice you don't say things you don't know (or things you only see at face level). Be sure before you make your assumptions or jump into conclusions.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL. AMEN

This is amazing! Nice pictures.

I'd love to talk to you outside NL. Care to share your line?

Thanks.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by chinedumo(m): 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
An2elect2:
When I joined deeper life some years back before leaving for my life, I gave out all my beautiful clothes to please my so called deeper life brethren who were not pleased with them but I saved my earrings and jewelries. I was born again, very zealous and was ready to give my life for these people but they were still not pleased because I still had my earrings which they saw as a sign of worldliness.

When I understood the grace of God in truth and how it resonated with my salvation experience, I came to see what deeper life stands for. Deeper life stands for the best self righteous persons, moralists, hypocrites and not for Christ. Deeper life stands for anti Christ, hatred for the gospel. Deeper life means the congregation of those who deem Christ's death on the cross as nonsensical, foolishness and vain. In deeper life you are craftly and gradually taught to trust in your goodness and not in Christ's goodness. You are even taught how to smartly call your self righteous works the work of God's grace. You are subtly taught to hate the grace of God and rely on your strength.

I did not get saved in deeper life. I didn't even get saved in a "church" but all my stay in deeper life they gave me the impression that they were the only Christians in the world (O my, and it's not even a Christian church), imagine that kind of pride!

After leaving deeper life, I studied Mr Kumuyi's biography, I read how he became a "Christian and a pastor" and I wasn't surprised. He was just a good boy with charisma who knew about Bible stories and people thought that qualified him to become a Christian and a minister.

love to hear more

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by adeoyun(m): 4:17pm On Sep 27, 2017
An2elect2:
When I joined deeper life some years back before leaving for my life, I gave out all my beautiful clothes to please my so called deeper life brethren who were not pleased with them but I saved my earrings and jewelries. I was born again, very zealous and was ready to give my life for these people but they were still not pleased because I still had my earrings which they saw as a sign of worldliness.

When I understood the grace of God in truth and how it resonated with my salvation experience, I came to see what deeper life stands for. Deeper life stands for the best self righteous persons, moralists, hypocrites and not for Christ. Deeper life stands for anti Christ, hatred for the gospel. Deeper life means the congregation of those who deem Christ's death on the cross as nonsensical, foolishness and vain. In deeper life you are craftly and gradually taught to trust in your goodness and not in Christ's goodness. You are even taught how to smartly call your self righteous works the work of God's grace. You are subtly taught to hate the grace of God and rely on your strength.

I did not get saved in deeper life. I didn't even get saved in a "church" but all my stay in deeper life they gave me the impression that they were the only Christians in the world (O my, and it's not even a Christian church), imagine that kind of pride!

After leaving deeper life, I studied Mr Kumuyi's biography, I read how he became a "Christian and a pastor" and I wasn't surprised. He was just a good boy with charisma who knew about Bible stories and people thought that qualified him to become a Christian and a minister.

You are a *pure* lier
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Themandator: 7:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
IfeomaRash:
It is not the wedding that matters.What really matters is the kind of life the couples will live inside their matrimonial home.Of what benefit will it be to us girls if we have the best wedding and then begin preparing for divorce after three months.Abeg I will gladly accept this type of wedding any time any day

This is many go for interviews and never get to be called for the job ...The subject matter is look on the day of wedding and you are discussing an entirely different topic ...Life after the wedding party.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Scholar8200(m): 8:14am On Sep 28, 2017
Well, well, well, a Deeper Life bashing thread where many have vented their hate for the Church!!! Reading some comments here, I see people who are :
1. misinformed and do not want to correct their perception by investigation;

2. once members but left due to offences by members/leaders but are still hurting and need some inner healing; root of bitterness defiling many!

3. originally born in Deeper life but grew up with great resentment against the Church because their parents/leaders went about certain things the wrong way and till date, they cant shed that.

4. people who heard that the church emphasizes holiness and joined hoping to be at once surrounded by angels hence when they were disappointed by someone, left but are still bitter!

5. people who are religious but somehow believe Deeper Life forwarded the motion in 1 John 2:15-17 and since they lacked grace to obey pulled out to seek for people who will tell them grace implies that God depreciates certain part of His Word (God Forbid!).

6. others sound as though they will be forced or abducted cheesy to marry there cheesy.

Corollary? Let's focus on the weightier matters of Grace Titus 2:11-14, Holiness Hebrews 12:14 and Power Acts 1:8. rather than fiddling here with non-essentials while the World burns!!!

P.S. for those who are bitter or resentful, settle it and empty your heart; remember He that hates his brother is a murderer and no murderer has Eternal life 1 John 3:15(paraphrased) and Jesus (If you call Him Lord) said:

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

Matthew 18:35(read the whole passage to get the background that led to this conclusion)
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by deturla: 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
Scholar8200:
Well, well, well, a Deeper Life bashing thread where many have vented their hate for the Church!!! Reading some comments here, I see people who are :

2. once members but left due to offences by members/leaders but are still hurting and need some inner healing; root of bitterness defiling many!

3. originally born in Deeper life but grew up with great resentment against the Church because their parents/leaders went about certain things the wrong way and till date, they cant shed that.

4. people who heard that the church emphasizes holiness and joined hoping to be at once surrounded by angels hence when they were disappointed by someone, left but are still bitter!

5. people who are religious but somehow believe Deeper Life forwarded the motion in 1 John 2:15-17 and since they lacked grace to obey pulled out to seek for people who will tell them grace implies that God depreciates certain part of His Word (God Forbid!).

6. others sound as though they will be forced or abducted cheesy to marry there cheesy.

Corollary? Let's focus on the weightier matters of Grace Titus 2:11-14, Holiness Hebrews 12:14 and Power Acts 1:8. rather than fiddling here with non-essentials while the World burns!!!

P.S. for those who are bitter or resentful, settle it and empty your heart; remember He that hates his brother is a murderer and no murderer has Eternal life 1 John 3:15(paraphrased) and Jesus (If you call Him Lord) said:

35 “This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

Matthew 18:35(read the whole passage to get the background that led to this conclusion)

WoW! I would have loved it if you can share this same exact comment on the blog:

http://deedeesblog.com/deeper-life-wedding-pictures/

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Scholar8200(m): 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
deturla:

WoW! I would have loved it if you can share this same exact comment on the blog:

http://deedeesblog.com/deeper-life-wedding-pictures/

Thanks a lot.
Thanks, feel free to copy and paste.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by deturla: 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
Scholar8200:
Thanks, feel free to copy and paste.

How can one copy and paste a comment?

Thanks anyway.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by bivoprad(f): 1:40am On Sep 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Wanice: 11:45am On Sep 30, 2017
SirGoldEjike:
Wow! Cant believe this; in my region that gown would be rejected by the MC again its obvious the couples are well to do, Probably children of Overseers. Happy married Life to them
Not children of overseers o. These guys are average.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
ENIMONEY:
But if you see kumuyi sons wedding ehn, fear would have gripped you.

That's all I'm saying
We need to talk.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
Rchibs:

We need to talk.
about what sunny
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by sparkle4u(f): 11:53pm On Oct 14, 2017
ENIMONEY:
about what sunny
Cc: peybuttons
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 15, 2017
ENIMONEY:
about what sunny
No, upload.

Peybuttons
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
please, dend me a pm we need to talk urgently
ENIMONEY:
about what sunny
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by UnchangeableGod: 10:21pm On Nov 02, 2018
IfeomaRash:
It is not the wedding that matters.What really matters is the kind of life the couples will live inside their matrimonial home.Of what benefit will it be to us girls if we have the best wedding and then begin preparing for divorce after three months.Abeg I will gladly accept this type of wedding any time any day
I am with you sister. God bless you.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by UnchangeableGod: 10:28pm On Nov 02, 2018
kristen12:
Deeper life yesterday, deeper life today. Wetin the church do una na? I've never heard them forcing anyone to attend the church or get married there so what's the fuss? Members of the church aren't complaining to you guys, the enjoy the church like that, please you guys should let them be. If you can't stick to their rules and regulations then quit. Its not by force.

Mbok leave them alone with their bigs skirts and coats/ suits. The complain is becoming boring and irritating.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by UnchangeableGod: 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2018
obas01:
No wonder.. !
I am not too surprise with the kind of bad news we hear everyday about marriage failures here and their.. Bad news associated with the present day children and even families. It's now getting so unbearable.. I even over heard a conversation in bus days ago ...a Lady advising another with the saying: sincerely speaking no marriage this days has Joy �.
But I want to believe few of us who no how beautiful Godly ordain marriage looks like, The joy and happiness attached to marriage..
That nothing on earth is as beautiful as having Godly marriage.
I pray to God to bless those who desire God ordain marriage with one.
Marriage is not about what majority think it's..
Lord take us back to the Bible .. Faith of our fathers living still.. Faith of our father holy Faith.
Marriage is not about what you wear on your wedding day. The huge money spent. The type of guest present. The expensive Venue and hall that was use.
Just imagine a marriage (ceremony ) that does not glorify God and we are expecting from it Gods glory.. We human can be funny
Mind you OP ..Deeperlife will NEVER STOP ANY ONE FROM ENTRING INTO IT WEDDING VENUE
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by UnchangeableGod: 8:27am On Nov 03, 2018
Kobicove:

The normal thing is to say "You may kiss the bride" grin
What makes "You may kiss your bride (in public)" normal? Is it Scriptural, godly and moral? Is that a sign that they love each other? Will that not have effects on people especially, youths and children around? What would they be doing when they get home?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by UnchangeableGod: 8:35am On Nov 03, 2018
Youths still attend deeper life?, Mehn that church can make someone lose social orientation, when I still dey attend, na only Monday bible study dey make sense, deeper life is meant for the oldies now
You are wrong Sir. There are still a lot of youths attending Deeper Life Bible Church abd they enjoy the Church services. It depends on the District/Location pastor. A lot of things have changed in Deeper Life. To start with, if you live around Lagos, You can attend the combined Service at Gbagada this Sunday (tomorrow) and see youths in action and the wonderful service. You will not want to go back home. God bless you.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by UnchangeableGod: 8:36am On Nov 03, 2018
dbynonetwork:

Prodigal daughter...
I have never accepted makeup....
I love ladies without makeup......

I see nothing wrong with deeperlife wedding, it's all about not conforming to the world in all you do...
Thanks bro and God bless you.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by UnchangeableGod: 8:39am On Nov 03, 2018
femijck:
My cousin recently got married to a slay Queen who wanted an extravagant wedding just because she claimed to have attended alot of her friends wedding and she doesn't want anything less.....when did marriage become a competition? No wonder guys are not getting married anymore and single expired slay queen everywhere because it has become a thing for the rich...OLOHUNSHOGO

My cousin's parent couldn't afford to support him financially so he had to spend almost all his savings and even asked for help from the family...but help wasn't coming much enough.

Wedding day fast approaching and there was still alot to be done. The lady advised that my cousin sell his Land so they can have d money for their wedding and that was when he realised where his life was heading to but was too late. He's got a small car but d girl didn't suggest he sells that .

Marriage gone now, my cousin can no longer support his sick mother, retired father and kid sisters.No support as little as it may sound for his family anymore probably because he's paying up debt Incured during his wedding or whatever.

Guys use Ur head...oju tio ba ni kale, o ni fi aro yopin (d eyes that will last till old age,will not develop issue from infancy).
Now with d naija economy,no job is secure.I pray he doesn't loose his job or else girl is next on the list.

If we are copying d westerners, then why can't we copy their wedding. U will hardly see more than 50 people attending their wedding even though they're rich. They will rather spend d money on holiday together rather than a lavish wedding....empty drum makes d loudest noise......and ugly girls use d most expensive make ups
You have said it all. God bless you.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by UnchangeableGod: 9:15am On Nov 03, 2018
danfidel01:

GOD BLESS YOU ALL. AMEN
I quite agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by UnchangeableGod: 9:21am On Nov 03, 2018
Scholar8200:

You nailed it! God bless you real good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by camoh: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2019
Intriguing!
I'm a member of the church@Ghana.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Ex-COZA Staff: I Was Raped By Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo (Video) / Salvation Ministries Port Harcourt is a FRAUD!!! / Who Is Worshiping Idol Now?; Traditionalist Asks As He Shares These Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.