Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Calling All Publishers( And Even Authors ) . . . - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Calling All Publishers( And Even Authors ) . . . (478 Views)

10 Nigerian Authors Whose Books You Must Read This Year / Five Novels By Nigerian Authors You Should Read / Hills And Wills Nwokedi, Twin Authors Of Dominik's Diaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling All Publishers( And Even Authors ) . . . by HiddenManna(m): 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hello,

I'm thinking of initiating my enterprise, that is; a publishing company. Mainly on book publishing.

I'm doing a lot of research and I need further and detailed information from individuals and fellow members of nairaland:. . .

. Is it a lucrative business?

. What minimum and/or maximum capital is required for starting?

. What are the essential and required materials needed for the business? etc.

If you're an author, you may also have information and answers about this, and so, you could kindly provide detailed information about this business, the publishers ditto.

So, please, I need your help on this. . .
Re: Calling All Publishers( And Even Authors ) . . . by kayo80(m): 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
HiddenManna:
Hello,

I'm thinking of initiating my enterprise, that is; a publishing company. Mainly on book publishing.

I'm doing a lot of research and I need further and detailed information from individuals and fellow members of nairaland:. . .

. Is it a lucrative business?

. What minimum and/or maximum capital is required for starting?

. What are the essential and required materials needed for the business? etc.

If you're an author, you may also have information and answers about this, and so, you could kindly provide detailed information about this business, the publishers ditto.

So, please, I need your help on this. . .

I am an author/online publisher. If you would also like to go into online publishing, i would love to partner with you.

Read this and tell me what you feel...https://www.nairaland.com/4019726/5-million-naira-invest
Re: Calling All Publishers( And Even Authors ) . . . by HiddenManna(m): 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
kayo80:

I am an author/online publisher. If you would also like to go into online publishing, i would love to partner with you.

Read this and tell me what you feel...https://www.nairaland.com/4019726/5-million-naira-invest

Wow, that's very nice and even your link-to-the-post is thought-provoking.

Nevertheless, I can offer you advice and even tell you that I'm a precocious youth.

As per your post [I mean the link you gave], Instead of waiting to get people to partner with you, because it would take time, candid and concise explanation, and effort to find someone or persons to partner with you, why don't you get a loan from somewhere, such likes; bank, family or friends, money lenders etc.

This might help, but the cons is the time and how to start refunding/paying back.

Morever, I would love to partner with someone too but not at this moment as my plan is to get a loan from the likes I had afore-mentioned.

P.S. I have a big dream and picture of my enterprise as I am making plans to achieve and excel even in a competitive space.
Re: Calling All Publishers( And Even Authors ) . . . by kayo80(m): 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
HiddenManna:

Wow, that's very nice and even your link-to-the-post is thought-provoking.

Nevertheless, I can offer you advice and even tell you that I'm a precocious youth.

As per your post [I mean the link you gave], Instead of waiting to get people to partner with you, because it would take time, candid and concise explanation, and effort to find someone or persons to partner with you, why don't you get a loan from somewhere, such likes; bank, family or friends, money lenders etc.

This might help, but the cons is the time and how to start refunding/paying back.

Morever, I would love to partner with someone too but not at this moment as my plan is to get a loan from the likes I had afore-mentioned.

P.S. I have a big dream and picture of my enterprise as I am making plans to achieve and excel even in a competitive space.

Okay. Cool.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Act Of War / Have You Read Eyes Of Eden? / Broken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.