Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Green Tea Should Be A Must For Health Lovers! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Green Tea Should Be A Must For Health Lovers! (2214 Views)

Legend Green Tea, Lemon And Ginger / (PHOTO) Introducing New Recipe- GREEN EBA A.k.a 'ebbage'. / Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Green Tea Should Be A Must For Health Lovers! by OpeLovely(f): 11:01pm On Feb 16, 2007
These are the benefits of taking Green Tea:

1. It helps to lower cholesterol and cuts the risk of stroke in men (According to the American Medical Association) and prevents high blood pressure.

2. It helps in weight loss.

3. It can help reduce the risk of Cancer (Accroding to the National Cancer Institute).

4. It deters the aging process and rejuvenates the body.

5. It contains Vitamin C which helps to prevent tooth decay, scurvy and properties that fight bacteria-related gum diseases.

So, it should be bye to Lipton and Homecup and welcome to Green Tea!!!

What do you guys and girls feel?
Re: Green Tea Should Be A Must For Health Lovers! by cuteass1(f): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2007
Well i guess every body is different, i tried taking Green tea a year ago and after a week i was looking so dry and pale, my mum was like "sweetheart, you have to stop with that green tea of yours" Well that was my experience with green tea but i know some other people who wouldn't want any other tea. It sure is a tea for health lovers, even Oprah Winfrey recommends it cheesy
Re: Green Tea Should Be A Must For Health Lovers! by OpeLovely(f): 9:47pm On Feb 17, 2007
Probably you were allergic to it. I had stomach upsets at first but later i discovered that it was because i put too much sugar. Other teas are still okay but also, you may have been overdrinking it. You could try it every 3 or 4 weeks and see how it goes.
Re: Green Tea Should Be A Must For Health Lovers! by cuteass1(f): 7:49am On Feb 18, 2007
Thanks for the advice, i might do just that smiley
Re: Green Tea Should Be A Must For Health Lovers! by mandi: 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2007
Adding too much sugar defeats the purpose of drinking green tea IMO. You can also get polyphenol (the antioxidants responsible for the benefits listed by the original poster) from fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grain cereals, and red wine. And from what I've read no significant side effects are evident from regular consumption of polyphenol or flavonoid-containing dietary supplements.
Re: Green Tea Should Be A Must For Health Lovers! by Zequisha(f): 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2007
would like to find out if its okay for a pregnant to take green tea. This friend of mine is pregnant and she's been taking green tea. Wonder if there is any side effect.
Re: Green Tea Should Be A Must For Health Lovers! by TOYOSI20(f): 7:02am On Feb 03, 2008
I believe it was discovered by the Chinese and they say it helps with various ailments from headaches to depression,

Oh and it prevents tooth decay!!! undecided
Re: Green Tea Should Be A Must For Health Lovers! by bigrose: 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2008
pls were can i buy them here in lagos i think i will love it
Re: Green Tea Should Be A Must For Health Lovers! by divanaija1: 1:08pm On Feb 06, 2008
grin I JUS LOE DA TASTE

Re: Green Tea Should Be A Must For Health Lovers! by Ladytemi(f): 10:19pm On Feb 17, 2008
mandi:

Adding too much sugar defeats the purpose of drinking green tea IMO. You can also get polyphenol (the antioxidants responsible for the benefits listed by the original poster) from fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grain cereals, and red wine. And from what I've read no significant side effects are evident from regular consumption of polyphenol or flavonoid-containing dietary supplements.
I have at least a cup everyday and I only use a half or tablespoon of honey and lemon juice.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Chilled Zobo Fruit Punch / I Catch This Meat This Morning (pic) / How To Cook Afang Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.