Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) (49629 Views)

Second Niger Bridge Julius Berger Made Provision For Train Tunnel(video) / Passenger Forgets Money In Uyo In Keke Napep In Akwa Ibom State. Photo / The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by talk2percy(m): 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2017
Eze china road and projects. Just imagine what a governor constructed for his people and named it a tunnel? This man has finished my darling state. There's nothing that this man does in Imo state that lingers...419 Governor

3 Likes

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by princessco: 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by DeWisedon(m): 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
all this our elders are the people you all want me to be taking advise from abi?
they will teach me how to construct death trap for innocent citizens abi?
Rubbish
Selfish Wicked Rulers in high and low places

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by seguntijan(m): 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
Let me reveal part of why I'm supporting Biafra.
No hatred please.
A bit long but beneficial for your vigilance. I'll summarize.
Apart from the genuine reason that self determination is a welcome idea to me and that the whimsically forced union of the independent regions was without consultation with the local potentates, I have other (maybe personal) reason I seriously believe we should allow Igbo's to go.
Let's not force it, it's just not working please.
I'd begin with what I saw some months ago at Ladipo car-parts market.
I took my Toyota Sienna for service and my mechanical engineer decided we should go to Ladipo market to buy the necessary parts.
I agreed.
When we entered the market, I saw many things. These boys are the ones making most of these things with inferior materials by themselves. Infarct, they also took dead parts, muffled some things inside with fake chemicals, spray them paints and voila, they package it as new ones again.
Another time, I took a Volkswagen Golf 3 I just bought for sake of doing only short distance wakawaka, to the same Ladipo market to buy "catalyst" as my engineer called it.
The prices ranged from 8k to 25k for that model of car.
I went for the unit sold at 18k because I felt that would be close to the better and match effectively as average.
After buying and a panel beater was still helping to fix it, I went back there to find a local canteen I had seen around selling Fufu and Eba. The canteen has pieces of net used as demarcation to form of walls which allow for breeze and also enables see-through.
I saw through, another shocking revelation of how these boys were slicing up empty pots, loading copper materials inside and packing the both ends in the pots with tiny sheet of the catalyst. Then they seal it up. What this means is that 80% of the content is the copper material, but if you look from both ends of the sealed pot, you'll see catalyst!
When I challenged one of them about the daylight fraud, he said, unconvincingly; "if we call big price for una to buy full catalyst, you go fit pay?". I nagged, wailed, wailed and wailed but I was almost becoming nuisance. They were all the same doing it in the market and gave me a dismissive shrug; the kind that street boys call "kò Kan ayé".
I later returned for some discreet recording of their fraudulent operations, but the gadget containing that piece of footage and other works was later stolen (another story). But that's not where I'm going.
Tonight, I escaped untimely and avoidable deat by chance/grace/luck -whatever!
I just picked my small Benz CLK from a mechanic shop. I had complained about a sudden strange noise at the front absorbers. After he examined it, he recommended changing the tie rods, ball joints, linkage and some other parts in that system. He told me about a complete pack that contains everything along the steering line as against buying the identified units in pieces.
I preferred the complete pack.
He told me about new one versus tòkunbò.
I preferred the new one.
I did because he told me the new one is original and has not been used, even though it's more expensive.
That was 2 days ago.
I picked the car this afternoon.
I had only driven to Berger from Akoka and was returning, the new complete pack rod broke while I just turned the steering to enter the road from a side I had pulled up. No motion yet; I wasn't speeding and had not entered any craters on the road. Nothing at all that could have triggered a fracture.
I quickly called the mechanic to come and "see the life outside" of the new thing he purchased for me.
When he arrived and saw it, he opened his mouth wide agape.
He examined the rod properly again and confirmed it could only be Aba-made.
I actually saw when he first brought the complete unit before installing. It was packed in a shiny transparent nylon just like the original. He confirmed it's the usual way the product is packed by the maker, but this particular unit, examined after the incident, is an imitation put in the same pack.
He called the seller he bought from immediately. Guess what the seller said; "that means e don enter pothole with the thing! Let him go to church tomorrow and do testimony".
Even if I entered pothole, the old one that was only giving a mildly strange sound NEVER fractured or broke off completely as this supposed new one that hasn't done 150 kilometers
I don't know how many victims they must have killed by selling their Aba made imitations. And those that narrowly escaped must have been "doing testimony" in churches over avoidable or unwarranted crises such as this one.
Please let's all come out and support them to go to their own way. Then, we shut our borders against imitations and fake products. These things should be limited to Aba, Onitcha, Owerri, etc. I also learned they make imitations of the red wines claimed to have been imported. Same way, people must have been consuming fake drugs and dying slowly or quickly.
Enough is enough please, you guys should koman be going to your Biafra land.
We're not doing again, please.
PS: I have great Igbo friends, but this doesn't justify for the acts of the non-challant, fatally fraudulent, kidnapping rogues who care less about lives of others for sake of "making (blood) money.
Segun O'Law.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by NigerDeltan(m): 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2017
infohenry:
How do you pass Imo state to Uyo please. Sometimes it is better we keep quiet.

The guy is right

3 Likes

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2017
I hereby proscribed Rochas Okorocha a terrorist all his contracts are act of terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by silasweb(m): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
May God help us
Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by tosyne2much(m): 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
This is a death trap.. A trailer loaded with petrol can easily bring down the tunnel

1 Like

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by ValUlasi: 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
live in owerri, the truth of the matter is that okorocha has destroyed owerri and the entire state. look at again, the entire thing is collapsing. i wish people should avoid this place totally.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by Seth2T: 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
Lmao Africans, dats a joint connecting two slabs it was made so dat it wil av space for expansion wen it's heat up den contrast wen cold if nt it will cause cracking

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by Mekanus(m): 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
coolcharm:
This doesn't look safe at all...

The contractors handling this project should be proscribed and declared a terrorist organization ASAP!

They want to kill unarmed and unprotected citizens.
you nearly killed me with this your comment as I almost choked with a bolus of akpu while reading your comment

1 Like

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
STILL WAITING TO HEAR ANY GOOD NEWS ABOUT IMO STATE WHICH HAVE BECOME NIGERIAN KENYA

1 Like

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by huntax(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
Looks like the ceiling in my village,after heavy rainfall on the leaky roof.

3 Likes

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by rozayx5(m): 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
infohenry:
How do you pass Imo state to Uyo please. Sometimes it is better we keep quiet.

have you travelled from Lagos to Uyo before?

if not keep quiet

undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by marvwhite: 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
coolcharm:
This doesn't look safe at all...

The contractors handling this project should be proscribed and declared a terrorist organization ASAP!

They want to kill unarmed and unprotected citizens.
this guy go like fight ehn cheesy

1 Like

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by userplainly(m): 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
benn94:
Rochas keeps doing trash in my state,can't wait for him to be kicked out ASAP

I pity u people! at least he's visible, my own governor is a ghost worker ( Gov Okowa, Delta State) ......see as Rochas dey dance phyno today with northern leaders n IMO people........ if u ask an average Deltan who is ur governor they might not give I an answer immediately, they have to remember if we have a governor...... sometimes we mistakenly insult our past governor thinking he's still in power......... I pick Okoroncha over Okowa any day n time..

1 Like

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by mybestlove(m): 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
Rocha's is nothing but a disgrace. This tunnel is less than one year, for crying out loud.

He has just been wasting IMO people's resources.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
8stargeneral:
Dey set trap for IPOB,but dey can never get us
grin

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by nnamezie87(m): 7:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
It is called expansion joint in structural engineering.
Engrs in the house, did I lie?

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by Diso60090(m): 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
Na person room be this
Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by Mbediogu(m): 7:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
gabbywatch77:
yes Okorocha is working
Yes. Working iniquity.

1 Like

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by Mbediogu(m): 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
rozayx5:
undecided undecided
mehn

passing through IMO state on my way to Uyo at anytime is always stressful

bad roads everywhere
wonder if they have a Governor
Imo is blessed with a mis-governor from the north.

1 Like

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by Dramadiddy(m): 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
DSS1335:
Where are other more supporting pictures. Many of us can't make out a thing from this pic
that's a tunnel the pic is the road on top, imagine driving under that, it may fall anytime

1 Like

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by luckypeace1980: 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
This is a situation were by substandard engineers are used with substandard materials , Rochas is working.

1 Like

Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by FrankFrenzy(m): 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
NOC1:
haba, thats a joint where two slabs meet, the engineer should go and cover it up with a filler.it must be given way due to weather condition.

Truth
When I see them I easily identify them because I'm one of them - An Engineer
You reason like one.
I'm never a fan of Okorocha or APC but truth be told, this has nothing to do with quality. It's inevitable in civil construction
Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by Iykecee(m): 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
[quote author=NOC1 post=60819826]haba, thats a joint where two slabs meet, the engineer should go and cover it up with a filler.it must be given way due to weather condition.

To start with its not going to be solved by your method because all I see there is a failing pre cast slab. The contractor should have paid more attention on the either diameter or quality of the steel they used to reinforce the internal beam.. Remedy is to dismember and do a proper steel work there. Thanks.
Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by FrankFrenzy(m): 8:05pm On Sep 25, 2017
nnamezie87:
It is called expansion joint in structural engineering.
Engrs in the house, did I lie?

Never, you are on point bro
Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by AceVentura: 8:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
I was born & bred in Owerri.

In my lifetime, I've never seen a governor as useless as Rochas Okorocha.

Never ever gets done properly except to owe workers & pensioners..

Imagine an underground tunnel just constructed barely 2yrs ago has given way just like that.

Too bad!!!!
Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by BlackDBagba: 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
Roch Roch cheesy
Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by Afritop(m): 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
It is when people are dead that the government will know that there was a death trap somewhere angry
Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by kuuljay(m): 8:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
AceVentura:
I was born & bred in Owerri.

In my lifetime, I've never seen a governor as useless as Rochas Okorocha.

Never ever gets done properly except to owe workers & pensioners..

Imagine an underground tunnel just constructed barely 2yrs ago has given way just like that.

Too bad!!!!
if you know nothing about structural engineering why not ask, all of you will now be claiming " I went to school!!!
Re: Avoid Concord Junction Tunnel Owerri, Imo State (Photo) by visijo(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
i dont even understand the pic..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lost Nigerian Passport: How To Replace, Renew Or Apply For New One / Passengers, Azman Air Officials Exchange Blows Over Cancelled Flight / Lagos Task Force Auctions Impounded Car For ₦400,000 As Owner Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.