Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? (4545 Views)

Is It Normal To See Women Sun Bathing In Bikinis At Home In Brazil(photos) / Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? / am i supposed to be scared of her or its normal among ladies?.. advice pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
Just want Your opinions cos I dunno if my love life is on a normal trail

Yea I've had a couple of breakups tho but mostly online dates and the dudes that approach me physically I'm scared of daTing them or letting myself fall in love with them. . so logically I can say I've never been in love. . and it's getting to me in a way

I really want to know what it feels like to be in love and to be loved in return but so far i am scared of trying
IS THIS NORMAL?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Rukkydelta(f): 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
Yeap
You are not alone sis

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
You can't stop your heart from falling in love, it's a subconscious or an involuntary thing

The fear isn't 'in falling in love', it is in investing when you've fallen in love. When relationships are built, we invest in them, our time, finance, patience so we don't want our investment crashing like the twin towers

9 Likes

Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by attention007(m): 9:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
Love is a wonderful thing.

Fall in love maybe when you will get heartbroken or maybe not.

But they are somethings you can't run away from.

Single guys full NL too but be wise when you are falling making sure you fall for the right guy else you'll fall for a guy that will use and abandon you.
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
Its Not Normal o... Check My Signature. Thank Me Later
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by makydebbie(f): 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2017
You're scared of being in love and getting into a relationship? You've not started learning yet. Life is all about taking risks, and learning from past experiences.

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
DeadRat:
Its Not Normal o... Check My Signature. Thank Me Later
Mr Deadrat how will a love story help? it's fiction to me
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
i don't know what wrong with girl embarassed

like dey don't know what they want

if a guy is nice and loving dey will soon cheat on him and finally get tired of him.. cry

another bad guy dat treat dem like shit surprisingly, dey will be flocking around him shocked

back to ur story......

love is a chance these time
u might meet bad one that want only ur body

and other cLINGy,OBBESSED,NICE one dat really loves you and still u will soon get tired of him
undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by lalanice(f): 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
You just haven't met that person, scared or not, you will fall. Probs is if they don't love you the same cheesy just pray you can handle it.

Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
No, its not normal, take life the way you see it, fall in love, get heartbroken, fall in love again but this time not too much, it makes you stronger emotionally. I have been heartbroken before but it didn't stop me from falling in love again.
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
Its normal dear with the rate at which people hurt others in the name of love

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by tosyne2much(m): 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2017
It's completely normal to be scared of falling in love considering the rate at which people get hurt and duped

That's what we call Philophobia

2 Likes

Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
L3G3ND:

Mr Deadrat how will a love story help? it's fiction to me
yea true. But There Is Reality In Every Fiction
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by tosyne2much(m): 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sabrina18:
No, its not normal, take life the way you see it, fall in love, get heartbroken, fall in love again but this time not too much, it makes you stronger emotionally. I have been heartbroken before but it didn't stop me from falling in love again.
I beg to disagree oooo

It's just like you're saying one should always be negative minded in relationship, hence, soldier go, soldier come mindset

2 Likes

Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Homeboiy: 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
What's luv?
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by bitchcrafts: 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
Nope, I guess

whatever you do with the love you should be mindful of undecided
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by generalbush(m): 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
A girl getting scared of falling in love in Nigeria??

Not possible.!!
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
[i] I beg to disagree oooo

It's just like you're saying one should always be negative minded in relationship, therefore, soldier go, soldier come
I'm not saying you should be negative minded, but when your relationship ends, you just have to move on and yes its solder go, solder come, barrack still dey, am the barrack, I wont put my life on hold for anybody, call me egocentric, I don't care. I'd rather move on with my life than wallow in heartbreak.
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
generalbush:
A girl getting scared of falling in love in Nigeria??

Not possible.!!

and why is that?
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by generalbush(m): 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
L3G3ND:

and why is that?

Don't ask me. I won't grant you an answer.
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by tosyne2much(m): 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sabrina18:
I'm not saying you should be negative minded, but when your relationship ends, you just have to move on and yes its solder go, solder come, barrack still dey, am the barrack, I wont put my life on hold for anybody, call me egocentric, I don't care. I'd rather move on with my life than wallow in heartbreak.
It takes time to heal from breakups, hence, the phobia of getting into another one

I think that's the bone of contention here which the thread centers on
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by ossaichika(m): 9:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
Thats the only thing that made me cry like

Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
generalbush:

Don't ask me. I won't grant you an answer.
won't be wrong to assume that you just wasted your data posting something you can't give an answer to. . anyways it's fine
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
It takes time to heal from breakups, hence, the phobia of getting into another one

I've not even had a real breakup that I can say I felt hurt by it..
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by leathalbeast: 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
makydebbie:
You're scared of being in love and getting into a relationship? You've not started learning yet. Life is all about taking risks, and learning from past experiences.
counselor Debbie numero uni!!! I hope you know some heartbreaks can last for almost a life time. lol
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by makydebbie(f): 9:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
leathalbeast:
counselor Debbie numero uni!!! I hope you know some heartbreaks can last for almost a life time. lol
I know, but is sulking the best option instead of moving on?
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:

I don't like to dwell in the past and ex is in the past. Just one month is what I need to heal from heartbreak, if someone is not good enough for you or feels you are not good enough for them, why still love them? its just to move on.

Also am not emotional, I take life the way I see it, life is unfair yet I like to play a fair game.

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by tosyne2much(m): 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
L3G3ND:

I've not even had a real breakup that I can say I felt hurt by it..
Don't worry, sooner or later you will have such experience tongue

It's not a curse or something, it's something virtually every man will experience at least once in his lifetime cheesy Though, you can be lucky sha cheesy
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by tosyne2much(m): 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sabrina18:
I don't like to dwell in the past and ex is in the past. Just one month is what I need to heal from heartbreak, if someone is not good enough for you or feels you are not good enough for them, why still love them? its just to move on.

Also am not emotional, I take life the way I see it, life is unfair yet I like to play a fair game.
Okay I grab
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by Divay22(f): 10:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
Skillful01
Been a long time
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by leathalbeast: 10:11pm On Sep 25, 2017
makydebbie:
I know, but is sulking the best option instead of moving on?
well no, that's why I think in a relationship, the brain's gotta do most of the job while the heart takes a back sit.
Re: Is It Really Normal To Be "Scared" Of Falling In Love? by makydebbie(f): 10:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
leathalbeast:
well no, that's why I think in a relationship, the brain's gotta do most of the job while the heart takes a back sit.
Unfortunately, the brain stops working when you fall in love. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Women, Marriage And Submission Talk. / Moment A Boy Proposed To His Girlfriend That Got People Talking (Photos) / Valentine Experience : Lady Cries Out As She Woke Up Naked In Bed With Her Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.