Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

How To Identify An Original Power Bank - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify An Original Power Bank (37947 Views)

Is Buying An Original Power Bank Really Worth It? / Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card / Someone Please Recommend A Good Original Power Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Xblink(m): 8:50am On Sep 26, 2017
NCANTaskForce:
If it's not Romoss or Anker, I am not buying.

U ar right... Especially Romoss
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 26, 2017
femimike1:

Tnx bro , but I don't wanna wait for 30days shipping, any other place where I can get it ?

In Nigeria I don't think so.. Order from logistics companies here on nairaland.. u will get it before 10days cc Bizbloke

1 Like

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Sunmolar(m): 8:50am On Sep 26, 2017
mayorkun:
Having a powerbank is very useful and good but problem may arise when you buy or have a fake one which can cause hazard to your phone by damaging it or the battery or even catch fire and in the process destroy your phone or tablet.

So today i will help you in identifying the original and fake power Bank especially here in Nigeria where we have so many fake power banks and also give you the best power Bank to buy right here in Nigeria.

How To Identify a fake Powerbank

The first and foremost in identifying a fake power Bank is if the powerbank has a brand name. When buying a powerbank, check if it has a brand name cause many powerbanks especially those sold here in Nigeria doesn't have a brand name instead what will be written on it will be POWER BANK. When you such one don't buy it's a fake power Bank and might damage your phone. Fake powerbank comes with a fake capacity like for example you see a powerbank written 50000mAh but charges a phone or tablet battery of 2500mAh just once or twice. Such Power Bank is confirmed fake one and if you continue using it, know that on the long run it will damage your phone or tablet. Most fake power Banks especially the ones sold here usually have a very high capacity written on it like for example a power Bank capacity being 50000Mah,100000mAh or even 30000mAh. Most of them are fake though some might be original but as long as it's here in Nigeria, it's confirmed fake don't buy.
How To Identify An Original powerbank

1. Original power Bank comes with a brand name.
2. It doesn't have exergerated high capacity like 30000mAh,50000mAh,100000mAh etc. 3. The charging capacity tallies with what it is written on it depending on your battery capacity too

Puskin
Dragnet

Source; http://www.techknowng.com/2017/09/how-to-identify-original-power-bank.html?m=1
NEW AGE POWER BANK
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by KayTash(m): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2017
You have not said anything useful here.I clicked this post hopung to get tips that could help me purchase a good power bank.
Your post is as fake as the fake power banks you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 26, 2017
I use new age 10,500mAH
And mehn it's so fast and it lasts for 3 days
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Niwdog(m): 9:02am On Sep 26, 2017
Balderdash
But I still gats to buy the pb for me to know it's charging capacity
Abi them they test pb before buying
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by goingape1: 9:02am On Sep 26, 2017
mayorkun:
Having a powerbank is very useful and good but problem may arise when you buy or have a fake one which can cause hazard to your phone by damaging it or the battery or even catch fire and in the process destroy your phone or tablet.

So today i will help you in identifying the original and fake power Bank especially here in Nigeria where we have so many fake power banks and also give you the best power Bank to buy right here in Nigeria.

How To Identify a fake Powerbank

The first and foremost in identifying a fake power Bank is if the powerbank has a brand name. When buying a powerbank, check if it has a brand name cause many powerbanks especially those sold here in Nigeria doesn't have a brand name instead what will be written on it will be POWER BANK. When you such one don't buy it's a fake power Bank and might damage your phone. Fake powerbank comes with a fake capacity like for example you see a powerbank written 50000mAh but charges a phone or tablet battery of 2500mAh just once or twice. Such Power Bank is confirmed fake one and if you continue using it, know that on the long run it will damage your phone or tablet. Most fake power Banks especially the ones sold here usually have a very high capacity written on it like for example a power Bank capacity being 50000Mah,100000mAh or even 30000mAh. Most of them are fake though some might be original but as long as it's here in Nigeria, it's confirmed fake don't buy.
How To Identify An Original powerbank

1. Original power Bank comes with a brand name.
2. It doesn't have exergerated high capacity like 30000mAh,50000mAh,100000mAh etc. 3. The charging capacity tallies with what it is written on it depending on your battery capacity too

Puskin
Dragnet

Source; http://www.techknowng.com/2017/09/how-to-identify-original-power-bank.html?m=1
misleading post!

the highest capacity of a power bank is from 15 to 20000mah any other mah above is classified fake cos them haven't invent 50000mah because of the charge time.

15- 20000mah takes about 10hrs for it to be fully charge so how much more will 50000mah will charge ? undecided

And one more note! never you buy a flat power bank because those one tend to explode easily and all it specification are false.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Shaibuakor: 9:05am On Sep 26, 2017
I bought my new age from their office at Alaba intnal mkt last year but move to computer village January this year. It is OK

1 Like

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Freeman50(m): 9:05am On Sep 26, 2017
femimike1:

Is it better than Xiaomi?
Yes, am using Romoss solo 5 for good four years now and still counting. You are good to go when charged fully.
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by just2endowed: 9:07am On Sep 26, 2017
Need one that you can verified online? check below my signature.

Romoss all the way

1 Like

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by goingape1: 9:08am On Sep 26, 2017
Shaibuakor:
I bought my new age from their office at Alaba intnal mkt last year but move to computer village January this year. It is OK
by the look of it this one will be 16 -20000mah. it has 6 battery unit cell and each cell units is at the standard of 2,500mah,
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by just2endowed: 9:08am On Sep 26, 2017
Freeman50:
Yes, am using Romoss solo 5 for good four years now and still counting. You are good to go when charged fully.

lol mine is since 2013 i have been using it. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Successdude(m): 9:26am On Sep 26, 2017
Dexter247:

In Nigeria I don't think so.. Order from logistics companies here on nairaland.. u will get it before 10days cc Bizbloke
bro, which logistic company can you refer me to
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Freeman50(m): 9:26am On Sep 26, 2017
KayTash:
You have not said anything useful here.I clicked this post hopung to get tips that could help me purchase a good power bank.
Papi, are you serious? I see nothing wrong wid his write up......the guy had done well by putting up how to identify the fake and original power Banks.
Seems you registered here on nairaland just to bash people inappropriately.

Why not go through the comments.

"His write-up is useless"......Just listen to yourself​

1 Like

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 26, 2017
Pure gear is another great brand it's about 10400 but very reliable and charges fast

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 26, 2017
useless post, extremely useless, even a person's common sense can deduce that
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Afritop(m): 9:28am On Sep 26, 2017
airsaylongcon:
Your assertions that all unbranded powerbanks are substandard (fake as u call it) is a fallacy of generalisation. There are people who assemble powerbanks using high quality Samsung or LG cells and don't brand them. The best way to determine the quality of a powerbank is to assess the cells not all this
shocked YOU MEAN PEOPLE ASSEMBLE POWERBANKS
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by obidevine(m): 9:29am On Sep 26, 2017
Trendy247:
The OP don smoke, Here's a more detailed post that never made fp

https://www.nairaland.com/4044600/power-bank-capacity-secret-marketing

I read through it and it's better than this crap that made front page
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 26, 2017
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by jaafree: 9:32am On Sep 26, 2017
if that's all u can give then thanks for giving nothing.
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by iamclime(m): 9:38am On Sep 26, 2017
When it comes to Power Banks, I've used the generic POWERBANK, I've tried Romoss, and others. Then I discovered ANKER 2ND GEN ASTRO E7 (26800 mAh). Then the search ended. This is the best I've used so far. Still enjoying it. It's a bit expensive though. You can get it from Amazon and other online stores. I think I've seen it on Konga too.

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by solconcept(m): 9:39am On Sep 26, 2017
Ha
goingape1:
misleading post!

the highest capacity of a power bank is from 15 to 20000mah any other mah above is classified fake cos them haven't invent 50000mah because of the charge time.

15- 20000mah takes about 10hrs for it to be fully charge so how much more will 50000mah will charge ? undecided

And one more note! never you buy a flat power bank because those one tend to explode easily and all it specification are false.

Please, don't mislead people about flat power banks. Have you used Romoss Polymos 10 Air power bank? If No, get one and come back with your positive or negative feedback. I have sold over 20pcs of Polymos 10 Air power bank and have not record any return or complain.

Any power bank above 20000mAh is fake. Avoid such power bank cuz it'll damage your battery in the long run.

For Romoss power bank, visit /sol-technologies
Call or WhatsApp | 08032561183

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by adexin: 9:40am On Sep 26, 2017
lumsing 10,500mah 3yrs plus now still counting........now upgraded to romoss sense 6 LED 20,000 mah 5 month old
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by mayorall(m): 9:47am On Sep 26, 2017
Dexter247:
ANKER
PINENG
XIAOMI
ROMOSS
LUMSING
VINSIC

Modified: New age is also kinda good, but it ain't durable.. It has a short life span before the CRAZE sets in lipsrsealed

We sell original romoss sense 4p power bank at cheapest price. Come with ROMOSS genuity check. Just #.6000

10400mah.

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by goingape1: 9:49am On Sep 26, 2017
solconcept:
Ha

Please, don't mislead people about flat power banks. Have you used Romoss Polymos 10 Air power bank? If No, get one and come back with your positive or negative feedback. I have sold over 20pcs of Polymos 10 Air power bank and have not record any return or complain.

Any power bank above 20000mAh is fake. Avoid such power bank cuz it'll damage your battery in the long run.

For Romoss power bank, visit /sol-technologies
Call or WhatsApp | 08032561183
i have use more than 5 of this type of power bank and I can tell you that there can't charge heavy duty phones and tend to spoil easily.

poly-lithium battery (which is always embedded in that flat power) doesn't last long and when over heating tend to explode
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by mayorall(m): 9:51am On Sep 26, 2017
Ifeanyidollars:
can anybody direct me where I can buy New age power bank in Lagos?
I have been searching for it in the whole of computer village to no avail.

Why not romoss sense 4p 10400mah with genuity check to know if it's original from romoss?

Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by murmee: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2017
KayTash:
GBAM!!!
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by hoover420: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2017
mayorall:

We sell original romoss sense 4p power bank at cheapest price. Come with ROMOSS genuity check. Just #.6000

10400mah.

Can you deliver to delta state? Ogwashi-uku to be precise
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by solconcept(m): 9:58am On Sep 26, 2017
goingape1:
i have use more than 5 of this type of power bank and I can tell you that there can't charge heavy duty phones and tend to spoil easily.

poly-lithium battery (which is always embedded in that flat power) doesn't last long and when over heating tend to explode

Can you confirm the date of release of the said power bank and your phone? The product was designed based on the phone battery capacity available in the market. You expect your Nokia 3310 to do the same as your Android Nokia 3310? Why over use a power bank when it's is clearly specified in the manual.
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by mayorall(m): 10:10am On Sep 26, 2017
hoover420:

Can you deliver to delta state? Ogwashi-uku to be precise

Yes sir. We ship nationwide

WhatsApp 07066435369
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by goingape1: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2017
solconcept:

Can you confirm the date of release of the said power bank and your phone? The product was designed based on the phone battery capacity available in the market. You expect your Nokia 3310 to do the same as your Android Nokia 3310? Why over use a power bank when it's is clearly specified in the manual.
did I tell you I'm using Nokia 3310 undecided

if this power bank cannot charge Nokia 3310 with less than 1000mah phone ba3 capacity, how much more can it charge a phone with 4000mah capacity undecided

sometimes let your brain do the thinking.
Re: How To Identify An Original Power Bank by NCANTaskForce: 10:18am On Sep 26, 2017
femimike1:

Is it better than Xiaomi?
who is Naomi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Smartphone Is Best For The Price Range N18,000 - N23,000? / Top 3 Smartphone Brands Making Waves In 2019 / I Want To Unlock Ny Nokia Phone Security Code, Any Help Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.