Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Reasons Why You Should Never Look For Cheap Web/app Development - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Reasons Why You Should Never Look For Cheap Web/app Development (686 Views)

Any Reliable Cheap Web Hosting In Nigeria? / Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job / Cheap Web Hosting From $1/month – Visualwebtechnologies.com! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Should Never Look For Cheap Web/app Development by chinawapz(m): 8:20am On Sep 26, 2017
The major reasons why you must not go for those cheap web development or app are stated here based on the complaint from some website owner. I will keep on saying it that Nigerians (Africans) doesn't know the value of technology! Just because many people don't even understand much about it. Imagine someone looking for a developer that will create an Ecommerce website for just 10k . Definitely, it seems the person don't even know that hosting and domain is required, yet you will see some people claiming that they will do it at the price range. I will explain the reason why you should not go for a cheap web service.

1. Mostly those people that promise a cheap development and design are not developer (Programmer). Developers or programmers are those that are perfect using a language to develop a web or app. To be frown, it is not easy to learn those things. In fact, when you are writing a code it is not easy to start cracking the brain. The real programmer will never offer a 10k or 20k web or app building. However, some set of people are not programmer but they source for script. This people doesn't know much about coding but they can install script for you. Truly, they can install a repeated script for you but what if you want some other features added in the future? Or what if there is a bug to be fixed? Why not going for a real developer.

2. Any developer offering a cheap web service for you will definitely use a poor and unreliable web hosting for you. You can't compare 5k/year hosting with 35k/year hosting. After looking for a cheap website don't complain of downtime frustration.

3. Looking for cheaper Web service as low as 8k can make you fall as a prey for scammers. Don't allow scammers to fool you with cheap web development. Let us embrace Technology!!!!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Look For Cheap Web/app Development by fredasue: 10:15am On Sep 26, 2017
Thanks op,very true
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Look For Cheap Web/app Development by Ignyte(m): 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
OP even though you have a point there. I'd like to say this. Last month I built a 5k site for a nairalander. Now, this person did his/her domain name and hosting on his own. All I needed do was get to building his site. It's not every cheap offer that is a scam. What I did was an actual promo by an organization I work for.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Look For Cheap Web/app Development by obryneblaque: 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
Nice post op....this post need to hit fp
lalastica
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Look For Cheap Web/app Development by Finstar: 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2017
I agree with you op.. But charging cheap for blog or app development/design doesn't mean the developer is not really a developer. Tell me a handful of Nigerians that can afford to build a site for N50k? In fact, paying N20k for a site is even too huge to them. Most of them don't even have N5k for a blog design, but they want to earn money overnight through it.

If you're a developer and you're looking for a client that will pay you N100k here in Nigeria, you'll have to wait for six months, that's if you're lucky.

If using a free script will give them what they want, go ahead.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Look For Cheap Web/app Development by chinawapz(m): 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2017
Finstar:
I agree with you op.. But charging cheap for blog or app development/design doesn't mean the developer is not really a developer. Tell me a handful of Nigerians that can afford to build a site for N50k? In fact, paying N20k for a site is even too huge to them. Most of them don't even have N5k for a blog design, but they want to earn money overnight through it.

If you're a developer and you're looking for a client that will pay you N100k here in Nigeria, you'll have to wait for six months, that's if you're lucky.

If using a free script will give them what they want, go ahead.
You really have a point. This is due to the fact that Nigerians doesn't know the value Technology. If we continue like this I doubt if anything unique can come from Africa! What do you think?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Look For Cheap Web/app Development by Finstar: 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
chinawapz:

You really have a point. This is due to the fact that Nigerians doesn't know the value Technology. If we continue like this I doubt if anything unique can come from Africa! What do you think?

The main reason why they want to own such sites is to escape the poverty they are into, because they heard someone bought a car just by swaping his hands on a screen.

Believe me, we won't go far with such mindset, but it seems there's nothing we can do.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Look For Cheap Web/app Development by chinawapz(m): 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2017
Good evening fellaz

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress Responds To The Gutenberg Editor / 18 Years Old Young Nigerian Create Social Media Site / Paid Job For A Backlink Webmaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.