Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? (527 Views)

What Changed After I Started Paying My Tithe / "God Changed My Genotype To AA After I Attended A Church Program" - Lady / Pastor Obinim ‘Delivers’ Small Boy Who Says He Gets Sexual Feelings For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On Sep 26, 2017
What do you say to someone who says, "I don't care what happens to me after I die"?

Many years ago I had a bird aviary. One day I purchased a pair of Java Sparrows (see pic.). Usually when you buy birds from a bird store they put them in a brown paper bag, turn the top, then put staples in the top and cut a little nick out of the paper bag so the birds can breathe.

I took the bag to my office and put it on my desk. When someone came into the office, we had the same scenario every time. They would see the bag moving by itself and say, "What is that?" I would say, "It is some new birds that I have bought". They would pick up the bag and have a look, and as they were looking in they would say, "Wow! What sort of birds are those?" and I would take great delight in saying, "Mexican Eye-peckers!" That's when they would pull the bag away like greased lightning. We instinctively value and protect our eyes.

Imagine if I was an eye doctor, and I was offering one million dollars for an eye. I want to do eye transplants, and I'm prepared to pay you one million dollars for one of your eyes. I would painlessly replace it with glass eye that would look as good as your other eye -- but it wouldn't LOOK as good, if you see what I mean. You would be blind in one eye. Would you sell an eye for one million? You might say, "Perhaps."

Here is the crunch: We want a matching pair (they must be fresh), and we are prepared to pay 50 million for both of your eyes. Would you sell both for 50 million?

You may say, "50 million dollars! Now I can see the world!" Well, not quite. You wouldn't get to see a thing -- you would live your life in total darkness.

I'm sure that nobody in their right mind would sell both of their eyes for 50 million, not even a hundred million dollars.

Your eyes are so valuable to you they are without price. And yet Jesus said that you are to despise the value of those precious eyes compared to the value of your soul. He put it this way:

"If your eye offends you, pluck it out, and cast it from you: it is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire" (Matthew 18:9).

In other words, of all the things you should prioritize in this life, it is not your health, it is not your eyes -- it is the eternal salvation of your soul.

Jesus also said:

"What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8:36).

Think about it....

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 26 September 2014 at 14:00 ·
www.livingwaters.com

Pic. Jason L. Buberel

Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by vaxx: 11:42am On Sep 26, 2017
I don't think this is convincing enough.... A 50 million dollar is enough to go for eyes system and there will even be more left to enjoy..... your eye will be replaced with a deck a sort of artificial retinal that connect to the brain and can allow you to plug in different eye ball at will....

so give me the 50 million , am ready to remove my eyes lols

just wish them goodluck.....do not threaten them with hell , they will be more confused.....
Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
vaxx:
I don't think this is convincing enough.... A 50 million dollar is enough to go for eyes system... your eye will be replaced with a deck a sort of artificial retinal that connect to the brain and can allow you to plug in different eye ball at will....

just wish them goodluck.....do not threaten them with hell , they will be more confused.....

If your claim is true why do we then still have blind people today? undecided
Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by vaxx: 12:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

If your claim is true why do we then still have blind people today? undecided
cash, cash, cash...... is like you are asking if my claims is true why do we still have people suffering from kidney problem.... when they can easily get kidney transplant.... do you even know what is eyes system? do your self a little research?
Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
vaxx:

cash, cash, cash...... is like you are asking if my claims is true why do we still have people suffering from kidney problem.... when they can easily get kidney transplant.... do you even know what is eyes system? do your self a little research?

Sell that story to Stevie Wonder or David Blunket, they might buy it. cool
Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by vaxx: 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Sell that story to Stevie Wonder or David Blunket, they might buy it. cool
just like how how some rich men decided to live with kidney problem despite alternative..... or do you want me to list those who have done it.....
Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
vaxx:

just like how how some rich men decided to live with kidney problem despite alternative..... or do you want me to list those who have done it.....

Will you deliberately do it?
Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by vaxx: 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Will you deliberately do it?
God forbid.... am only telling you, your analogy may not convince an unbeliever
Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by analice107: 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
vaxx:
I don't think this is convincing enough.... A 50 million dollar is enough to go for eyes system and there will even be more left to enjoy..... your eye will be replaced with a deck a sort of artificial retinal that connect to the brain and can allow you to plug in different eye ball at will....

Hahahahahaahaha. that's what i thought. I'll just say, 'Okay'.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by Ishilove: 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2017
Repent or you burn...

Omoluabi16 grin
Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by Ranchhoddas: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ishilove:
Repent or you burn...
Omoluabi16 grin
Like Burna Boy.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ishilove:
Repent or you burn...

Omoluabi16 grin
Lmao! you dey plagiarize my work. grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by Ishilove: 11:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
Omoluabi16:
Lmao! you dey plagiarize my work. grin
grin
Re: What Do You Say To Someone Who Says I Don't Care What Happens To Me After I Die? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
vaxx:

God forbid.... am only telling you, your analogy may not convince an unbeliever

If you can't do it why then do you think an unbeliever will? undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Faith Confession Of The Week - Light & Illumination / Christians Jesus Christ Can Dissapoint You / How Adeboye is contributing To Unemployment in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.