Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,890 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail (5260 Views)

Banks Reject Old Naira Notes, Oil Marketers Threaten Strike / FG To Move Petrol & Cooking Gas By Rail / Nigerian Oil Marketers Refute Nnpc’s Claim On Crash Of Petrol Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has said that it has the capacity to carry 900,000 litres of fuel at once with tank farm wagons.

Making this known at a press briefing organised in Lagos on Monday to clear the grey areas regarding the petroleum tank wagons parked at Ebute-Metta, Director of Operations, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Mr Niki Alli, said that the Corporation has the capacity to meet the demand of moving petroleum products, provided the oil marketers are willing to partner with the Corporation.

He advised the oil marketers to take advantage of the available tank wagons to patronise the Corporation adding that the Corporation has signed Memorandum of Understanding with some stakeholders and that within a month or two, evacuation of fuel by rail to other parts of the country will commence.
Ali stated further that each of the 40 pressurised tank wagons in the Corporation’s fleet has the capacity to convey 45,000 litres of fuel.
He identified some of the problems militating against loading of fuel from the tank farms at Apapa to the lacklustre attitude of the depot owners to work on their facilities as well as test their integrity.
According to Ali the Corporation has expressed its willingness to encourage prospective tank farm owners by providing land on lease for the building of tank farms within its jurisdiction.
He also disclosed that discussions are ongoing with owners of tank farms linked by rail to allow those whose facilities are not linked by rail throughput to access their tank farms and load fuel.
Ali averred that the Corporation has demonstrated the capacity to distribute AGO by using the tank wagons to distribute to some outstations of the Corporation.
He also said that prior to the conclusion of discussions with tank farm owners and independent oil marketers on loading of fuel from the tank farms to tank wagons, the Corporation will commence discussions with Greenfield Nigeria Limited with a view to seeing how AGO could be transferred from Barges to tank wagons.
He also attributed the delay in the commencement of movement of fuel by rail in recent times to the issue of safety because fuel is highly combustible and issues related to safety must be sorted out.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/nrc-tasks-oil-marketers-to-move-fuel-by-rail/

1 Share

Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by princefunmmy(m): 2:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
Until I see train conveying oil products, I won't take NRC serious

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by rodeo0070(m): 6:55am On Sep 27, 2017
That will atleast decongest some road hotpots with traffic. But NRC should match their word with action

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by YomzzyDBlogger: 7:12am On Sep 27, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by POpikin: 7:13am On Sep 27, 2017
Always looking for way to make us poor
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by bejeria101(m): 7:14am On Sep 27, 2017
Put security in place o! B4 una go blame gej dats what zombies have as a full time job
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by edlion57(m): 7:18am On Sep 27, 2017
Carry oil from where to where...
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by StreetSoldier(m): 7:22am On Sep 27, 2017
The idea is laudable, but, it boils down to the nitty gritty of security and prompt response in terms of fire outbreak.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by FunkyAlhaji2015: 7:25am On Sep 27, 2017
Hope they will have measures in place against petroleum thieves.
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by sircardinal: 7:32am On Sep 27, 2017
Nice one. Let's hope it works out and decongest our roads. Kudos to NRC

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by tolexy123: 7:32am On Sep 27, 2017
So they can hijack and steal the product in transit abi? I dont recommend that
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by obo389(m): 7:36am On Sep 27, 2017
princefunmmy:
I think they do sir if you go to their kaduna station

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by 9japrof(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2017
Dead on Arrival

All these mofos just open their mouth to spill rubbishes without even knowing if they have the logistics to make it work.

Under the present status quo, road lifting remains the viable option.

1 Like

Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by Danny287(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2017
Good one sha atleast it might reduce the cost ot transpotation to and extent
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by princeade86(m): 7:38am On Sep 27, 2017
dat will be a better ideal
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by bettercreature(m): 7:38am On Sep 27, 2017
Depot should be in all state if they really want this to work
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by okerekeikpo: 7:55am On Sep 27, 2017
After my dad just bought 33000 ft tanker? We won't take it
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by kandyj(f): 7:57am On Sep 27, 2017
is it NRC that will do that or GE? it will make a lot of sense if NRC is given the contract.
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by blackpanda: 8:00am On Sep 27, 2017
tolexy123:
So they can hijack and steal the product in transit abi? I dont recommend that

Smh. Must u always be negative. Better repent and go for deluverance
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by Dsdada: 8:02am On Sep 27, 2017
One of the things that saddens me in this country is the decay and rot in our Railway system. Growing up, a very large part of my life depended on Railways conveying people and goods(including Petroleum products). Lifting Petroleum products by the Railway is a welcome development - at least it shows that we are trying to recover lost grounds. One thing I think we should work on is safety and security-these are also issues- even in developed economies!

God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by yomalex(m): 8:14am On Sep 27, 2017
okay
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by MikeBetty(m): 8:22am On Sep 27, 2017
Day Dreaming. How Many Filling Stations Are Linked With Rail Lines? Are They Expecting Them To Transload From Rail Wagon To Convensional Tankers For Onward Distribution? Is It Not Double Expenses?

1 Like

Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by webngnews: 8:39am On Sep 27, 2017
Oh
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by 989900: 8:44am On Sep 27, 2017
Dsdada:
One of the things that saddens me in this country is the decay and rot in our Railway system. Growing up, a very large part of my life depended on Railways conveying people and goods(including Petroleum products). Lifting Petroleum products by the Railway is a welcome development - at least it shows that we are trying to recover lost grounds. One thing I think we should work on is safety and security-these are also issues- even in developed economies!

God bless Nigeria!

I tire o!
Something we were doing decades ago!
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by davibid: 9:36am On Sep 27, 2017
Please don't make me laugh grin

How many railways do we have in Nigeria put together

NRC please just advise tank drivers to drive with clear eyes because 95% of them are drunkards which has been a major cause of fuel tank accidents.

FRSC over to you
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by tolexy123: 9:52am On Sep 27, 2017
blackpanda:

Smh. Must u always be negative. Better repent and go for deluverance
grin
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by sirusX(m): 11:30am On Sep 27, 2017
princefunmmy:
In jerry can and barrels grin

Anywayz, its possible though...dunno about Naija

2 Likes

Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by suremanpatriot: 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2017
Something wey I don dey talk since. Na common sense now.
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by Parpor(m): 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
A very good development.
Re: NRC Tasks Oil Marketers To Move Fuel By Rail by princefunmmy(m): 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2017
sirusX:

In jerry can and barrels grin

Anywayz, its possible though...dunno about Naija
I hope the Jerry-cans or barrels can withstand the pressure, make e no go burst for road

(1) (Reply)

CBN Rules Out Terminating Foreign Exchange Restriction Policy / Selling Men's Underwear (boxers) / Create U.S Paypal Phone Verified Account(s) From Any Country In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.