Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

"I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp (27648 Views)

Don Davis: Deeper Life High School Releases Statement On Molested Student (Video / Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor / Man Launches Himself In Self-made Rocket To Prove Flat Earth Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by Wobegist: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
"I was beaten, molested, taunted, I only picked a bottle in self defence" - Suspended OAU Vice President Jacob Grace seeks for justice

Ms Jacob Grace, the suspended Vice President of students union of the Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, has alleged that the Director of Socials, Afolabi Adedayo Emmanuel, battered her during an executive council meeting and she stabbed him in self defence.

Recall that on the night of September 5, the two students’ union exco members were seriously injured following a fight over the disbursement of N3.8 million given to them by the school's management for projects within the institution.

During the meeting, the executives offered suggestions on projects that needed attention but a disagreement ensued as a result and Ms Jacob, allegedly stabbed Emmanuel on his arm and he, in turn, headbutted her, landing her in the hospital. [img]https://2.bp..com/-8d9M8YSNsyo/WcpLESZ-mrI/AAAAAAANBVk/0gUlTKVpEzs8KOdSgGkSgNy4NXnq_P4LgCLcBGAs/s1600/FB_IMG_1504982054150.jpg[/img]
However, the 500level Law student, who is currently recuperating at a private hospital, disclosed that she was assaulted by Afolabi in the presence of other exco including the students union President, Oyekan Ibukun.

Narrating Jacob’s ordeal in a statement to The Education Report, her spokesperson, Onyeka Chukwudi, said the president and other exco watched while the director of socials manhandled her and her shout for help attracted some students around the students’ union building but they could not gain entrance because Ibukun ordered that the doors be locked.

Chukwudi disclosed that with the doors locked, the director of socials took advantage of the opportunity to hit her severally and that when the beating became unbearable, she picked an empty bottle, broke it in attempt to protect herself from the assault.[img]https://1.bp..com/-PxHC4Lekip8/WcpLDHp-SKI/AAAAAAANBVg/56iQn-4ryDsrfrlrsUdXiJrYyVRr9BtQgCLcBGAs/s400/FB_IMG_1504982050754.jpg[/img]
He queried why Grace who was still recuperating in the hospital would be suspended by the university management without waiting for security report noting that the Vice Chancellor only heard the narrative of what transpired from one side and the victim of the assault has not been given a hearing.

Chukwudi condemned the one-sided stories on campus and urged other students not to believe the statement that she stabbed the director of socials during her attempt to leave the meeting.

He explained that while Grace was in hospital, a false statement attributed to her admitting using broken bottle to stab the director of socials was circulated on campus, an ‘’attempt to paint the criminal act of Mr. Afolabi’s assault on the VP as a case of two fighting is like covering the face with one finger.’’

In a letter to the VC dated September 8, Grace said the indefinite suspension was based on one sided information to the VC that she was the aggressor and initiator of the violence of Tuesday, September 5.’’
“When I indicated my intention to leave, the president ordered the door be locked and discouraged any executive member from stopping the director of socials in his harassment of my person, as he said, it was a case of two people fighting.’’ she said.

"I was beaten, molested, taunted and that I only picked a bottle in self defence and that was only to scare my way out of the room after I was hit severally, was taunted by other executive members while people banging on the door outside were prevented from gaining entry to intervene in the situation.

"Meting out punishment before hearing the parties to a case is already a breach of the principle of fair hearing. It is inverted sense of justice. It is very unfair that despite being the victim in this case and while still unstable in the hospital, I am treated as an abuser.’’
The Dean, Division of Students Affairs, Prof Olalekan Aransi, told The Education Report that the university management has suspended the two students’ union exco members stating the decision was taken at a management meeting.

Prof Aransi however, denied that the university management rushed to a hasty decision while Grace, was still in hospital stating ‘’for a fair hearing, the university management has set up a panel. They are looking into the case and the outcome will be out soon and made public.’’

SOURCE: http://www.wobegist.com/2017/09/was-beaten-molested-taunted-i-only.html?m=1

cc; lalasticlala

2 Shares

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by Wobegist: 5:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by yomibelle(f): 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
If u had lost d election wen u contested, u wud av ascribed it to ur village ppl. now dat uv gotten beaten up and on indefinite suspension as a 500L law student which impugns ur record, tis certain, ur village ppl are still at work.

but again, wat do i know, wats mai business?

and to d OP, na u post thread, una come claim FTC again, na ontop ur head dat girl suppose break d bottle

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by Jetleeee: 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
This one weak me oh

2 Likes

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by DrChukzy(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
Agbero like you... Na u start fight, na u still land for hospital.

Sense fall on all of una there

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by cokiek(f): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
Thuggish babe... Nothing do u... One beer for u

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by eddieguru(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
C
Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by JamesReacher(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
Women playing the victim again. You took bottle, smashed it in typical Agbero manner and chose to stab him, so much for self defense

18 Likes

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by tolexy123: 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Wetn dem kon do to the director of socials?

1 Like

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by MVLOX(m): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Na sooo.... Lion abi na lioness
Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by Sfateema(f): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Corruption everywhere...... Temme who's innocent in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by JefLonDon(m): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Whose Aunty is this
Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by akom0908(m): 6:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
Continue lying,am sure she started the fight.

7 Likes

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by zealot4me(f): 6:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
jamarifox:
bitch one. Who's next?

All the females in your hood bitch countless

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by enemyofprogress: 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
She no even fine self
Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by Mobsync(m): 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
"I was beaten, molested, taunted, I only picked a bottle in self defence" - Suspended OAU Vice President Jacob Grace seeks for justice

She has started playing the victim card. It's obvious that the guy did not beat her well. Next time, do not get into a fight you cannot win.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
This is serious. It is well.

1 Like

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by davodyguy: 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
I just don't know what to say
Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by Iamvictor(m): 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
The two of u don Bleep up...
Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by Johnpaul01: 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
People that Nigerian students voted to serve,

Let the Aluta spirit guide both of you.
Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by davodyguy: 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
xxx377xxx:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim

Bastard. Scammer. May it never be well with you

The idiot just created a NL account today, to defraud.

See his profile

Xxx377xxx's Profile
Nairaland Forum / Xxx377xxx's Profile
(Follow This Member)
Send E-Mail Message To xxx377xxx
Time registered: September 26, 2017
Time spent online: 9 minutes & 59 seconds
View Xxx377xxx's posts (1)

10 Likes

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by Juliojoe: 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2017
Awon Looters of tomorrow angry biko how will the 2moro come Dan girma Allah. Just because of 3.8 million naira for school project not even their allowance o.

1 Like

Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by asawanathegreat(m): 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ewu. See where it has landed u now.
Re: "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp by omocalabar(m): 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2017
leaders of tomorow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Resigns From Banking To Be A Teacher, Donates Desks To School (Pix, VIDEO) / How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! / 43 Of The 96 Howard Univrsity Doctor Of Pharmacy Candidates Are Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.