Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,735 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] (1031 Views)

“If Goodluck Jonathan Were President During Coronavirus” By Reno Omokri / Promise Not To Arrest Nnamdi Kanu If He Comes Home, Ezeife Tells FG / Operation 777: We Will Deal With Nnamdi Kanu If ..... - Defense Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] by Joel3(m): 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
A former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Olisa Agbakoba (SAN) has stated that President Muhammadu Buhari is making the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra. IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu popular with his decision to send military forces after him.
Speaking at a press briefing in Lagos, Agbakoba faulted the military action against the agitators, saying it had complicated the issues.

He said were he the President, he would have engaged the IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu and face the issues rather than “crushing” the group, which he said was “gaining international traction”.

To him, the agitation for true federalism and complaints about marginalisation went beyond IPOB.

The eminent lawyer said President Buhari cannot delegate the responsibility of leading the process of restructuring Nigeria.

He said the president would be forced to reconsider his position if all Nigerians, especially key Northern and Southern leaders, agreed on restructuring.

He said, “The president has delegated the responsibility to restructure Nigeria to the National Assembly and National Council of State.

“But, this responsibility cannot be delegated. Section 5 of the Constitution vests the President with executive powers of the federation and this includes the power to restructure Nigeria.
“The way forward for Nigeria is for the citizens, in exercise of the power inherent in them as a sovereign people, to make, through a referendum, a new constitution, constituting a new political order.

“The process must be led by the President as the elected leader of the people,” he said.

Agbakoba said Nigeria was increasingly becoming a fragile state, with conflict and agitation everywhere, and most parts of the country feeling either marginalised or excluded, leading to calls for restructuring.

“The Orosanye committee reviewed 263 statutory agencies of government and asked government to scrap 102 agencies. Government should implement the Orasanye report immediately.

“Government should then focus on its core mandate, which is, policy, execution and regulation and stay completely away from business matters.

“This will empower a new set of economic actors (civil society and the private sector). This type of restructure is critical for economic development,” Agbakoba said.

“The president should initiate the restructuring project by providing context. Restructuring can be implemented by executive and administrative orders and also presenting the 2014 National Conference Report to the National Assembly.
“The 2014 National Conference Report actually examined and resolved a lot of the restructuring issues. So, we should start with the report,” he said. On former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s advise to Agbakoba to join politics, the former NBA president said: “When I met Obasanjo, I said: ‘Thanks for the reply, but know that to contest for a political office today requires all kinds of resources.

“There is no way that a young man can become Nigeria’s president if the obstacles that are on ground do not shift. Obasanjo has the capacity, in collaboration with others who should be concerned with bequeathing the legacy of a strong Nigeria. If they part the red sea, people like us will cross it.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/26/biafra-will-treat-nnamdi-kanu-president-agbakoba/
Re: Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] by Usernamefornl: 10:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
Anoda nincompoo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] by Aufbauh(m): 10:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
If to say na just meeeeee.. ..... Easier said than done!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] by Temidayo9(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
Where was this man and his advice when the whole issue started. Yeye lawyer.
Medicine after Death

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] by Fidelismaria: 11:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
if na me I for don dissolve this aberration called Nigeria
Re: Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] by yarimo(m): 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
Mr AGBAKOBA Thank God you are not the president of Nigeria .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] by aolawale025: 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
Yes. Any educated and rational person would do the same
Re: Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] by Yeligray(m): 11:35pm On Sep 26, 2017
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] by RoyalUc(m): 11:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
Unfortunately or rather, fortunately, you are not the President.
Wait till you become.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] by wakaman: 11:54pm On Sep 26, 2017
Over sabi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] by 9jvirgin(m): 1:57am On Sep 27, 2017
Everyone suddenly has developed balls, everyone now has an opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: How I Will Treat Nnamdi Kanu If I Were President – Agbakoba [ex NBA] by Ovamboland(m): 5:18am On Sep 27, 2017
Agbakoba fall my hand big time, how can he say restructuring is one of the executive functions of the president?

(1) (Reply)

PDP Endorses Dokpesi For National Chairman / PDP Might Transfer Towards Governor Fayose / Violence In Makurdi, Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.