Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla (21193 Views)

Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / The Last 12 Hours (A Short Romance Mystery Story By Kayode Odusanya) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
eROCK247:

Quote me too. eROCK247. I love reading good stories and ur stories are real good.

Thank you smiley
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Matrycx(m): 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
intrestin, bt pls are they short stories or deyy all av a connection, Nice work you got here Creeza i syt you o

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Creeza(m): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
Matrycx:
intrestin, bt pls are they short stories or deyy all av a connection,
Nice work you got here
Creeza i syt you o
i sight you too baba... Happy independence
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 9:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
Matrycx:
intrestin, bt pls are they short stories or deyy all av a connection,
Nice work you got here
Creeza i syt you o

They are all short stories, Not connected at all. Due to lots of school work I found no time to write and finish books I had started so I started focusing on short stories. That way I could finish something and still exercise my writing muscle.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Matrycx(m): 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
Creeza:
i sight you too baba... Happy independence
happy independence, how ur syd

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Matrycx(m): 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
seunnla:

They are all short stories, Not connected at all. Due to lots of school work I found no time to write and finish books I had started so I started focusing on short stories. That way I could finish something and still exercise my writing muscle.
thanks ma'am
I must say you dey try, a lady writin abt scary incidents and sci fi, thumbs up, hopin to see more from you,
#following
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
Matrycx:

thanks ma'am
I must say you dey try, a lady writin abt scary incidents and sci fi, thumbs up, hopin to see more from you,
#following

Thank you. I appreciate.

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Frankenstein: 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
This is your first story?
I really like that AI dialogue with Jake.
Give me more.

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
Frankenstein:
This is your first story?

I really like that AI dialogue with Jake.

Give me more.

Thank you.
I've been writing a while on other platforms, someone adviced me to try nairaland as I can get feedback from other writers and improve.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Frankenstein: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2017
seunnla:

Thank you.
I've been writing a while on other platforms, someone adviced me to try nairaland as I can get feedback from other writers and improve.
Okay. Keep it coming.

Also, that first scene was very disturbing. That sinister calm and care-free attitude of the hell reject.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
Frankenstein:
Okay. Keep it coming.

Also, that first scene was very disturbing. That sinister calm and care-free attitude of the hell reject.

Thanks for the feedback. I really enjoyed writing that story, there were even a few giggles. I mean she has nothing to lose, she might as well be carefree
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by souloho19(m): 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2017
Just read the first and its scary...nice description...really graphic....thanks for mentioning I'm not going anywhere..

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
souloho19:
Just read the first and its scary...nice description...really graphic....thanks for mentioning I'm not going anywhere..

How kind of you. Thanks.

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by CNARIOjoseph(m): 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hey! I looovvveeeeee your mind. The first story and the AI one are really fantastic. I would love to see more stuff from you.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
CNARIOjoseph:
Hey! I looovvveeeeee your mind. The first story and the AI one are really fantastic. I would love to see more stuff from you.

..and by God's grace, you will.
I'm at the final stages of my undergraduate journey so lots of deadlines but once I'm through, I'm hoping to post more.
Thank you for the feedback
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Creeza(m): 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
CNARIOjoseph:
hey,, You wanted to send me an email once right? I guess I tried replying .although it was blank, can you resend your mail again thats if its very urgent. Thank you sir smiley
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by Akposb(m): 11:25am On Oct 03, 2017
Cool and engaging stories. Kudos to you the writer.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by ghostwritter(m): 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2017
seunnla:
Augustap Kimkardashain Souloho19 KimberlyWest duch12 ghostwritter FreshestManny nijabazaar Creeza Maybelconor Frankenstein

Please read, feedback is welcomed smiley
I will give it to you Ma, you are such a brilliant writer. I wish u would continue with the first story...I love horror. if only u can permit me to do a finishing on how she killed the babalawò.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
ghostwritter:

I will give it to you Ma, you are such a brilliant writer. I wish u would continue with the first story...I love horror. if only u can permit me to do a finishing on how she killed the babalawò.

I would continue it soon, all the works I have posted are actually works I've written sometime ago. At the moment, I'm not so chanced for any continuation but I would love to see what you can come up with. Tag me to the story when you're done.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 4:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
Akposb:
Cool and engaging stories. Kudos to you the writer.

Thank you smiley
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by ghostwritter(m): 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
seunnla:

I would continue it soon, all the works I have posted are actually works I've written sometime ago. At the moment, I'm not so chanced for any continuation but I would love to see what you can come up with. Tag me to the story when you're done.
No problem, I will put my pen to paper as soon as the inspiration comes knocking. I hope you would love it.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
ghostwritter:

No problem, I will put my pen to paper as soon as the inspiration comes knocking. I hope you would love it.

I'm looking forward.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by itsandi(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
Nice! Read other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by tillaman(m): 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
Very good stories MzUfuoma oluwaseun, keep up d good work and keep the updates coming, me likey! Especially D horror, u can ask Mr ghostwritter!!
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
tillaman:
Very good stories MzUfuoma oluwaseun, keep up d good work and keep the updates coming, me likey! Especially D horror, u can ask Mr ghostwritter!!

Thank you. I will try.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by ghostwritter(m): 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
seunnla:
About the author:
I'm Ufuoma and I'm new here. Granted I've registered for ages but I've only started using this account. I love telling stories almost as much as I love being told stories. I've noticed that a lot of writers have to tag people to read their stories. Are these people the author knows or just anybody? If anyone knows, let me know please. Especially as I doubt anyone would see this without the tags. The stories I write for now are quite short. Enjoy, whoever finds my story.
© Ufuoma Oluwaseun

Rain pelted against the roof like a frantic intruder hoping to break into his victim's house, the accompanying wind and thunderstorm rattled the windows adding to the eeriness of the night. Nkem yawned rubbing at his eyes and casting a weary glance at the wall clock hanging in the supermarket. It was 10:40pm. He had to start heading home, Ever since the death of his wife, he worked long hours at his supermarket in order to avoid going to the empty house. Their union had been without issue. He locked up the shop and strolled in the rain to his car. Lightning struck casting shadows in the dark parking lot. For a fraction of a second, he saw the shadow of a woman from the corner of his eyes. His head turned swiftly, there was no one there. He sighed as his car keys turned in the lock and proceeded to lower himself into the car.
Lightning struck again and this time, he saw the shadow again at the window of the passenger seat, tentatively he turned his head and shrieked in fear as his eyes met with the eyes of his dead wife, Oluchi. Her eyeballs hung at their sockets threatening to fall out, maggots frolicked about her face, crawling from her nose into her ears like the jewelry of an Indian bride. The skin on her face had wrinkled so much but still he could tell it was her. Her face was pressed against the passenger window.
“Jesuuuuuussss oh” he yelled frantically trying to kick-start the engine, it wouldn’t respond.
“Bia, Nkem keep quiet biko”.
He continued screaming as he fumbled with the door in an attempt to run out. The door didn’t budge. He started to pray, speaking in tongues for the first time in his life.
She rolled her eyes at him. “Keep quiet” she ordered in a bored tone “I just want to go to our home, shower and have a good meal”. Noticing that he had quieted down she continued
“ I haven’t had a decent meal for at least three years, there’s no decent food in hell” she complained.
“Did you break out of there? What are you doing here?” he queried, surprised that he was able to form sentences given the situation.
“I thought you would never ask” she smiled at him, showing a rotten set of dentition. Noticing the look of horror, she stuck her tongue out and proceeded to lick the passenger window. He started whimpering as he noticed that her tongue was divided into several bits like an octopus with each division seeming to have a life of its own and crawling around the window.
“Chill out” she mocked.
“Kedu ihe bu Chill out?” he asked still trying to get out of the car.
“Oh..it means calm down” she replied retracting her abominable tongue “the young folks in hell use it a lot….it’s funny, the place is hot like hell” she laughed at her own joke before continuing “and they're saying chill out….anyways remember when you used me for money rituals? Fun times huh? Except it wasn’t fun for me, why couldn’t you use your eyebrows or genitals huh?” She wiggled her eyebrows causing her eyeballs to jump around in an unnatural way “ I hear people use those”.
She laughed as she saw that he had wet his pants. “Anyways hell got too full and I got booted by the devil. Booted means kicked out by the way. Those young folks have corrupted my English”. She disappeared from the window and appeared in the car causing him to jump in fear.
She laughed again causing one of her maggots to fall, it hurriedly climbed back to her face. Nkem held back the urge to vomit.
She frowned “Am I that repulsive? Good. You did this to me. Anyways” she stared at him causing him to look away “I wasn’t bad enough for hell so I went to heaven and guess what?”.
“I can’t guess, Oluchi”
She hissed “What good are you anyway. I wasn’t good enough for heaven too so here am I”.
He shook his head in disbelief “Hell can never get full”.
“ See for yourself” She said as she reached for his head and tore out an ear. He yelled in pain and instinctively reached for his ear. Warm blood trickled down his hand.
He tried without success to get away from her, his limbs were paralysed “What are you doing, Oluchi?”.
“Eating you” she said sinking her teeth into the ear dangling from her finger tips “So you can see for yourself that hell gets full” she said amidst chewing “Although I doubt someone like you would be kicked out”. She reached for him again and he shrieked in fear.
Few minutes later, she stumbled out of the car pausing to stare at the lifeless body in the car before disappearing into the night. She needed to find the juju priest.

The shrine was his only harbored, a place that had seen many lives vanished through a gruesome act, a place masked in fear and horror. Uwokocha the dibia slaughtered a fowl and watched the headless body strenuously kicked, he needed to appease the vengeful gods through the idols in front of him, for he had a nightmare the night before. He laughed mischievously to the sight of the white fowl that had laid lifeless.

“Brought back memories?” a voice asked from behind.

Uwokocha was startled, he turned swiftly to his eyes resting on a scary image of a woman who looked more like a Zombie…she was obviously a Zombie with bizarre features. Uwokocha the juju priest had in many years of his spiritual practice had come across many strange things but never had he seen a ‘thing’ like that.
“What are you doing here? What does the dead want with the living” asked Uwokocha
She frowned “Wait, what is wrong with all of you, can’t I come visit you in peace? now you know I’m dead after what you and that bastard Nkem did to me” she eased her frown to let out stiff smile “News flash old man, hell is full and over flown so the devil had to let us go”.
Uwokocha looked confused, what is she saying? How can hell be so filled to have allowed the dead roaming the earth aimlessly “This dead must crazy” he thought.
“Why are you looking at me like that, am I that repulsive?” asked Oluchi the dead
The juju priest replied by reciting powerful incantation to turn back the dead.

Oluchi the dead looked more pissed “Are you deaf? I said hell is filled so you are trying to get rid of me again after you snatched life out of me same way you did to this poor fowl abi?” she paused and was alarmed by what she just realized “So you don’t remember me!”
“No!” Uwokocha replied as he pushed back, he realized the incantation didn’t work, that caused him worry.

“You must have killed many people not to have remembered how gruesomely you killed me”
The lightning struck as the rain had began to pour casting an illumination to rest upon Oluchi’s scary face, the maggots dropped like picky coins, her eyes rolling carelessly in its socket while she let out a mischevious smile, an intent act to scare the old wicked man. The Juju priest was terrified like he had never. Shaking like a jelly fish.

Oluchi giggled like a little girl, she loves what she sees. She majestically walked up to him close enough to feel his warm breath of fear. She opened her mouth to reveal the octopus-shaped tongue flapping itself on Uwokocha’s face.

“Forgive me my daughter, have mercy on me, I don’t want to die”
he sounded wimpy

His last statement of plea got Oluchi furious, she pushed closer and swiftly slide her mysterious tongue down his mouth. Uwokocha stiffed as the tongue broke through from the back of his head.

Oluchi withdrew the tongue to it place before watching Uwokocha the Juju priest fall lifeless to the muddy ground with a broken skull.

“Geraraheia!” she said in a bored tone before vanishing into the thing air to God knows where.
Yes I know it's short but hope I tried shaa?.
I will be deleting it anytime soon so I don't distort ur own story line...thanks for letting me.

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 12:05am On Oct 04, 2017
ghostwritter:

The shrine was his only harbored, a place that had seen many lives vanished through a gruesome act, a place masked in fear and horror. Uwokocha the dibia slaughtered a fowl and watched the headless body strenuously kicked, he needed to appease the vengeful gods through the idols in front of him, for he had a nightmare the night before. He laughed mischievously to the sight of the white fowl that had laid lifeless.

Uwokocha was startled, he turned swiftly to his eyes resting on a scary image of a woman who looked more like a Zombie…she was obviously a Zombie with bizarre features. Uwokocha the juju priest had in many years of his spiritual practice had come across many strange things but never had he seen a ‘thing’ like that.
“What are you doing here? What does the dead want with the living” asked Uwokocha
She frowned “Wait, what is wrong with all of you, can’t I come visit you in peace? now you know I’m dead after what you and that bastard Nkem did to me” she eased her frown to let out stiff smile “News flash old man, hell is full and over flown so the devil had to let us go”.
Uwokocha looked confused, what is she saying? How can hell be so filled to have allowed the dead roaming the earth aimlessly “This dead must crazy” he thought.
“Why are you looking at me like that, am I that repulsive?” asked Oluchi the dead

Oluchi the dead looked more pissed “Are you deaf? I said hell is filled so you are trying to get rid of me again after you snatched life out of me same way you did to this poor fowl abi?” she paused and was alarmed by what she just realized “So you don’t remember me!”
“No!” Uwokocha replied as he pushed back, he realized the incantation didn’t work, that caused him worry.

“You must have killed many people not to have remembered how gruesomely you killed me”
The lightning struck as the rain had began to pour casting an illumination to rest upon Oluchi’s scary face, the maggots dropped like picky coins, her eyes rolling carelessly in its socket while she let out a mischevious smile, an intent act to scare the old wicked man. The Juju priest was terrified like he had never. Shaking like a jelly fish.

Oluchi giggled like a little girl, she loves what she sees. She majestically walked up to him close enough to feel his warm breath of fear. She opened her mouth to reveal the octopus-shaped tongue flapping itself on Uwokocha’s face.

he sounded wimpy

His last statement of plea got Oluchi furious, she pushed closer and swiftly slide her mysterious tongue down his mouth. Uwokocha stiffed as the tongue broke through from the back of his head.

Oluchi withdrew the tongue to it place before watching Uwokocha the Juju priest fall lifeless to the muddy ground with a broken skull.

“Geraraheia!” she said in a bored tone before vanishing into the thing air to God knows where.
I will be deleting it anytime soon so I don't distort ur own story line...thanks for letting me.

You tried smiley
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by tillaman(m): 5:35am On Oct 04, 2017
Hmmmmm Ghostwritter never disappoints, you did justice to the ending, it was jst as if u ND @seunnla Co wrote the story together, big hands to y'all, waiting on more updates on corridors of hell et lucifer's key 2!! God bless u both
ghostwritter:

he sounded wimpy

Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by patjane(f): 7:37am On Oct 04, 2017
Hmmmm lovely story
Waiting for more update seriously �
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 7:39am On Oct 04, 2017
patjane:
Hmmmm lovely story
Waiting for more update seriously �

Hopefully you won't wait much longer.
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by kodedbis(f): 7:41am On Oct 04, 2017
Good story, am loving it
Re: When Hell Overflows. Story By Ufuoma Seunnla by seunnla(f): 7:42am On Oct 04, 2017
kodedbis:
Good story, am loving it

Thank you.

Ambush By Gbemisola Adeoti / Let The Guns Speak / When The ‘other Woman’ Triumphs: A Literary Review Of Toke Makinwa’s On Becoming

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67