Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) (29652 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2017
TheVictorious:
SIMPLY: Heaven is God's assurance for the believer in Christ. So it's not something you even make in the first place!
Then why did Paul tell us that we have to work out our salvation? Do you mean to tell me that you will go to heaven if you believe in Christ Jesus but still not making efforts to remove all the bad things and deeds from ones live?
Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2017
doughziay:

C.Pray always for forgiveness of sins knowing
you can not be sinless.

Do we ask for the forgiveness of substance already forgiven? once you are in christ Jesus, irrespective of our sins, God has forgiven us in advance and forever it is never a licence to keep on with sin. The reason why St. Paul said, 'Shall we continue in sin that the Grace of God may abound? God Forbid!
Christ died to liberate us from our original condemnation. That does not mean that you won't ask God for his forgiveness when you son.
1 John 1:9 "
If we confess our sins, then he is faithful and just, so as to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all iniquity."
Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by Horlami3370: 11:54am On Oct 04, 2017
udeh3:

Dear beloved, God does not send anybody to hell, there is a system He has set already, the system works automatically. All d requirement to make heaven is known by everyone, even before rapture or death. For anyone not to make heaven is that person's fault and not God, He cannot lower His standard for anyone

‘’I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live‘’ DEUT 30:19

God is a no respecter of anyone, because He has no right to choose for man, but man has freewill

‘’Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him‘’ ACT 10:34-35 KJV

God's spokeman....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by udeh3(m): 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
Horlami3370:

God's spokeman....

The word of God is there for you to study, search the scripture and save your soul
Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by TheVictorious(m): 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2017
nwokoyepraise:

Then why did Paul tell us that we have to work out our salvation? Do you mean to tell me that you will go to heaven if you believe in Christ Jesus but still not making efforts to remove all the bad things and deeds from ones live?

lool not been here for sometime. When it comes to heaven .....nothing that you will do will make you deserve it. In fact, salvation, yes, when it comes to salvation, nothing that man has, will or can ever do can make him deserve it. Even righteousness is a product of salvation, and it is a gift of God. So all we do is "in response to what Christ has done in us, for us and is doing through us"

Eph 2:8-9 ...
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

That said. Doesnt the believer in Christ manifest good works? Yes he does, they are "fruits" of his righteousness and not root. There is first an acknowledging of what Christ has done in him.

Now to the scripture that is always erroneously quoted; Philipians 2:12 ... read verse 13!

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

You're blessed.
Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by TheVictorious(m): 7:09am On Oct 07, 2017
omoelerin1:
A Christ embassy member spotted. heresy.

That's not heresy it's the truth of the gospel. I found out for myself when I started taking my bible more seriously
Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by TheVictorious(m): 7:13am On Oct 07, 2017
Mikeal09:
The problem with sin messages is that it produces sin. Ever wonder why people who listen to sin messages the most, sin the most (you can go around fooling others sha) Actually, sin focused messages produces weaklings, and righteousness(God's love) focused message produces strength.
Anyways, there would be more people in heaven than in hell, you can't change that.
SOLA KRISTOS!!!

Yes sir. Sin consciousness rather than Christ consciousness produces more sin. And those that emphasize sin rather than grace, are the ones that are making light of sin because they must think that they can solve the problem of sin (which has been solved in Christ), discipline themselves from sin or punish themselves for sins (now this is pride; similar to what Judas did).
Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by TheVictorious(m): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2017
nwokoyepraise:

Christ died to liberate us from our original condemnation. That does not mean that you won't ask God for his forgiveness when you son.
1 John 1:9 "
If we confess our sins, then he is faithful and just, so as to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all iniquity."

The bolded; was it written to the believer Can't you see that he was talking to people who didn't believe that Christ had come in the flesh (while bearing witness of how that he was with him)? Have you read that book of the Bible from beginning to end. Pls do, it helps correct your theology
Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by TheVictorious(m): 6:01am On Oct 08, 2017
nwokoyepraise:

I've replied this before...

When it comes to heaven .....nothing that you will do will make you deserve it. In fact, salvation, yes, when it comes to salvation, nothing that man has, will or can ever do can make him deserve it. Even righteousness is a product of salvation, and it is a gift of God. So all we do is "in response to what Christ has done in us, for us and is doing through us"

Eph 2:8-9 ...
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

That said. Doesnt the believer in Christ manifest good works? Yes he does, they are "fruits" of his righteousness and not root. There is first an acknowledging of what Christ has done in him.

Now to the scripture that is always erroneously quoted; Philipians 2:12 ... read verse 13!

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

You're blessed.
Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by omoelerin1: 7:54am On Oct 09, 2017
TheVictorious:

That's not heresy it's the truth of the gospel. I found out for myself when I started taking 1@qmy bible more seriously
stop twisting the bible
Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by TheVictorious(m): 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2017
omoelerin1:
stop twisting the bible

That's what legalistic folks say, and yet quote the bible out of context! Show me one place where I twisted the bible .. pls do; on a need to learn basis.

People form doctrines that negate scriptural truth in many circles, hence, there is a need for exhaustive bible study in all our churches!
Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by omoelerin1: 12:21pm On Oct 09, 2017
TheVictorious:

That's what legalistic folks say, and yet quote the bible out of context! Show me one place where I twisted the bible .. pls do; on a need to learn basis.

People form doctrines that negate scriptural truth in many circles, hence, there is a need for exhaustive bible study in all our churches!
Didn't you say it was not heresy when one hold the doctrinal view that a born again can keep living an unholy life?
Re: 6 reasons why it is Easier to Make Heaven Than to end Up In Hell.(Must read) by TheVictorious(m): 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2017
omoelerin1:
Didn't you say it was not heresy when one hold the doctrinal view that a born again can keep living an unholy life?

Where did he say that? the truth is that you don't need to go about trying to live an unholy life, just by rejecting the gospel of grace, you're already unholy. Read Romans 10: 1 -5 (you can create time and read the whole chapter in different translations). And believe me, the epistles are replete with assurance of the believer's salvation (we can go on and on to point them out) - and this is what produces good works, not the other way round.

Let me quote him - what I called scriptural truth

"hacktycoon:
Nice thread op, however I'll like to correct the impression that making confessions every time we sin is the right thing to do. In 1 john 2 we're told that we have an advocate with the father which is Jesus and we are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and by his sacrifice we are cleansed forever..... Hebrews 13 also stated that in d law the blood of rams made people pure for a year but they had to sacrifice each year and remembrance of sin was made each time. The blood of Jesus cleanses us forever."

This is the message of the gospel, and if you didn't think otherwise, you didn't counter it by stating scriptural facts you think negates it, instead you attacked went for cheap attack tactics. What if at the end of the day, he's not a Christ embassy member? Okay me too, am I a christ embassy member (to have seen the truth in the scriptures and agreed with him)? How about the OP, is it he also a Christ embassy member? When it comes to sound doctrine, we should look beyond the eyes of church and just discern.

Before you misunderstand him again, read 1John 1 carefully.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop David And Faith Oyedepo Laughing Heartily / Nigerian Churches: Who Are They Building Universities For? / How To Catch A Thief Using Bible Turn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.