Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate (33228 Views)

Ways To Make Money As An Unemployed Graduate In Nigeria / An Unemployed Graduate Begs Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola And Dangote For a Job / Unemployed Graduate Returns N556k He Picked At Accident Scene 2 Owner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Aeker: 9:28am On Sep 27, 2017
Life as an unemployed graduate isn't always easy. Sometimes, things get so tough that you begin to wonder if you wronged the gods, somehow.

Most times, your life can be summed up in one word: frustrating.

Your ability to achieve a mental balance gets challenged each day.

As soon as you get a moment to forget the struggles of life, that friend with whom it seemed like you had become partners in the labour market calls in to tell you how he's managed to secure a well-paying job.

"Ahhh. So my own case is the handiwork of my village people, as feared?!"

"But I thought my destiny and EMX's are tied together nah!"

Then you remember, that other members of your clique like Emeka, Roland, Wale, Aliyu, Emike, and Daniella have all secured jobs since the turn of the year.

Immediately, you look up to the sky (or ceiling in most cases; sometimes stepping outside the house may seem like a privilege) and question God in a Balotelli-esque fashion: "why always me?!"

You begin to feel alienated by success. Emotions begin to pour. But regardless of your reaction, that's not an easy question to answer.

Life gets you to suffer humiliation and hardships of being considered not good enough for any job at all. All the questions that went unanswered, the advances that were met with a stern, unwelcoming attitude at different offices... or is it the people debating issues of whether to turn you to an errand boy so you could earn some 200 bucks for recharge card or just leave you be (to suffer in silence). "Imagine! People wey no reach to even lace my shoes before."

On the home front, some of your siblings' chores become your duty. Why? Because you are not much use in the house. For every meal you eat, every time you go to bed, each time you sit idly, parents want you tasked.

Your value continues to drop on a per-second basis. It feels like nobody cares about you for anything. You grow anxious and frustrated with life. Your happiness is about to be taken away from you by unseen forces.

"But this no be the plan we been plan from the start!" Soon after that thought, you see an advert on TV reminding you that life doesn't always go according to plan. Or is it the pastor in Church reminding you that everything in life is God's design? How then am I supposed to relate to God not wanting me to succeed? You begin to question your belief in God. "Is there even a god?!"

But all of that is not you. It's frustration playing out. So many times, you feel like a lost soul in a human body. Trapped and without help. You're not sure when redemption will come, or if it will come at all.

Carefully redesigning a CV that never gets more than a glance. Your life is no longer filled with fun an excitement. Grief, self-pity, and anger are gradually taking over.

"What a sorry soul!" No money for business, no means to learn a skill or two, and no jobs to keep you busy. Life can't get any worse.

But what can you do in all of these?

You continue to reinvent, hoping that someday, your salvation will come. All that 2.1 from a reputable university doesn't feel so important anymore. Set all of that aside, believing that only grace can rescue you now.

This is my life. I am Aeker.

Things are HARD!

Please help a broke soul.

177 Likes 25 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Fraih(f): 11:57am On Sep 27, 2017
sad things will get better I believe!

28 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Aeker: 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2017
Fraih:

Amen, Fraih.

Thank you!

11 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Apina(m): 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2017
E no easy cry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by hooyey(m): 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
This is my story too, you just said everything wrong with me. I pray God make a way for us soon. Amen

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by dingbang(m): 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
Are you rejecting marketing job offers?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by goldenceo1: 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2017
worse still your neighbours get to see you as jobless

My routine... keep changing location to visit others even of its in the same city, at least your compound neighbours nor go see you around to gossip about.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Raintaker(m): 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
dingbang:
Are you rejecting marketing job offers?
Yes
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by dingbang(m): 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2017
Raintaker:
Yes
you are the cause of your problems

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Raintaker(m): 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2017
dingbang:
you are the cause of your problems
No be me na Op I answer for.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by tessygirl(f): 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2017
I will be dropping this article soon.

The issue I don't feel much pity about stories like this is because, you know what you can do to change your fortunes, but you keep hoping for a miracle!!

It doesn't exist!!!

Preparation meets with Opportunity, Success is bred!!

If I ask you what kind of job would you want, I guess your answer would be "Any Job"

Read this and learn!!

Nigerian Unemployed Graduates – Any hope in the Job Market?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by tessygirl(f): 2:53pm On Sep 27, 2017
Fraih:

Believe is the language of lazy people.

Don't call me insensitive, I passed through worse!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by pastoray(m): 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2017
kiss
Keep the hustle real bro... cos

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by moscobabs(m): 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
grin
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Wealth7(m): 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
tessygirl:

Believe is the language of lazy people.

Don't call me insensitive, I passed through worse!!

Its pretty much easy to talk in such manner when you finally achieve or perhaps beat the odds.. If u still find urself in d op's shoes, u wouldn't be talking like this.

Trust me, have met brilliant and bright peeps yet, they find it hard to feed. Life at times is actually a game of gamble where the lucky ones win and d hardworking ones lose

That some people made it through hard work dosent mean others Are lazy... Cheers

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by blackbeau1(f): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
You captured my feelings at the moment . Life as An unemployed graduate is mentally exhausting and frustrating

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by 9jvirgin(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
God bless our youths.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by IgedeBushBoy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
I disagree with your 1st sentence op, it has never been easy sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by uhuogba(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
There comes this crucial point in a man's life that all he has left is "hope".
At that point in time, do not let "her" elude you

11 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Josh44s(m): 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2017
Education is SCAM in Nigeria. It's a Trap for the Average Nigerians.

Stand _naked in front of a large mirror and Ask yourself this question. Why is my life like this despite being a graduate?

Am waiting for those people to come and tell me. Go into entrepreneurship. Because na my two ballz I wan use start as CAPITAL

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by DanielsParker(m): 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2017
exactly

1 Like

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by scofieldsimba(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
Guy bone o..
This life no get head..
All dem boys dem wey no know book that year de pull Range Rover now..
I swear,this life nor balance...

Just go Malaysia come back,your story go change!

Wetin de that Malaysia sef?
grin

14 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by silasweb(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
Government have to do something fast

1 Like

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Adaumunocha(f): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
Work smart, be smart. Its not all about hardworking after all, d wheelbarrow pusher is a hard worker. Just gotta think outside the box and probably go for what you are passionate about.

@Op you could try writing.

11 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by TheWiX(m): 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
OP you gotta start from somewhere.
I was once unemployed but I've worked for 12K
Eventually got another for 30K
And later started making close to 120K
I have a cousin who once told me that he can't take a job paying anything less than 200K
He is still unemployed and is begging me now for 50K

So just look for anything you can do and start from there

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by mrlaw93(m): 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
The best thing to do is to
* Earn before going to school
* Earn while schooling

And life will be easy when out of school... wink

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Harwoyeez(m): 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
May d Lord help us while we help ourselves
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
this is so true. .. lately My fear of graduating becomes deeper and deeper. ..

7 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by blackpanda: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
silasweb:
Government have to do something fast

Government ko history ni grin cheesy

22 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by tessygirl(f): 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
Wealth7:

Its pretty much easy to talk in such manner when you finally achieve or perhaps beat the odds.. If u still find urself in d op's shoes, u wouldn't be talking like this.

Trust me, have met brilliant and bright peeps yet, they find it hard to feed. Life at times is actually a game of gamble where the lucky ones win and d hardworking ones loose

I have never seen any hardworking person lose before.

Maybe they never got to the top, but they were comfortable.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Sleyanya1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
smiley

Just Search Deep down inside you, you'd find that One thing that you can do effortlessly. Relate this one thing to a useful purpose why you're here on earth.

Try to go to God in prayers and then seek all necessary knowledge concerning that one thing and develop it continuously. You'd be doing great in no time and will be a boss of your own.

Example, I studied Geology and graduated with a very high 2.1 but I'm naturally an artist. I'm not waiting to start looking for a white collar oil job but I need to develop this art in all diligence. It's not all rosy but I know I'll be great.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
OP, get a blog lipsrsealed

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. / Nigerian Lady "Wows" Interviewer With Her Perfect English Speaking Skills (Vid) / How Do I Handle This Issue At Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.