Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate (33264 Views)

Ways To Make Money As An Unemployed Graduate In Nigeria / An Unemployed Graduate Begs Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola And Dangote For a Job / Unemployed Graduate Returns N556k He Picked At Accident Scene 2 Owner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 28, 2017
bennexstore@gmail. com
tayecrypto:
drop your email then
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by AHCB: 10:21am On Sep 28, 2017
amicable09:

Lol. 3rd mention coming from a guy who doesn't have my time gringrin grin

Now who's high on something? Lol
I don't have problem o, you're the one trying to give me one.
Like I gave one many once upon a time abi? grin cheesy
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 28, 2017
jaychubi:

anyone dt is completely idle in nigeria is lazy and proud. do i blame some of them when mama thank ma is assured. graduates esp males shld go and hustle
the hustle you created for them ba
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 28, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
Very soon every senator in Nigeria would receive cars worth 15million naira each. As a graduate that receives 100k every month, guess how many years it would take you to get 15million. ...
As an unemployed graduate, guess how many years it would take you? Lol.

Una never see anything for this country.
I wanted to post this same bolded statement earlier on this thread yesterday, I never knew the thread will get to 8 pages. People don't get it still, it's not about menial jobs. The situation is getting worse by the day. The people shouting hustle definitely do not know what's obtainable self. Hustle, hustle, hustle.. Until what happened in Venezuela happens in Nigeria, we will keep judging graduates that they are lazy. Now, they are sharing devices and giving them 30k. Leave Nigeria and see how people invest in ideas of young people. However, how small. Rather the thieves in th country will rather buy houses and hotels in London rather than invest in same country and we are talking unemployement.

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 28, 2017
seangy4konji:
all of you be deceiving your self up and down...all na 6 ft below..i sold my phone to do a course...i took a marketing job,i sell ground nut...any of you still rich pass last born of abacha family>?or hushpuppy?

Abeg...wetin go be go be...my friend op...hang in thee and dont let person collecting 120 k naira intimidate you...you have good health..keep fighting...
this was going to be my last post after readin all comments but I had to comment. No mind Nigerians, na dem hustle pass still nothing tangible to show for it. Different advices here and there coming judgmental and overly critical. It is clear, the situation in Nigeria I alarming, more seekers than the available opportunity- befitting or menial. It's not about OP, it's about the situation on ground.

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 28, 2017
Naughtysite:
when its time for elections, you people won't even vote someone who understands what you are going through.

Let me say this any man who made it in life or join[b]ed the elite class before the year 2,000[/b] won't understand the plight of unemployed youths.

Aside that, not every human being has empathy.

They did rather buy cars and clothes and flaunt for you, and fake hungry youths will still hail them.
I was gonna mention the bolded before now 2000 far now, say 2007. Internet, MTN and other communication, BAT and other FMCG, deep offshore activities and a few other oil related services started, many new generation banks came on,EFCC, PPRA, ICPC and many other parastatals was between the late 90's to 2007. So, you won't expect them to understand what the OP is passing through. Do these people have an idea how recruiting has slowed in the oil industry. This is one industry that employs lots of graduates yearly. All the will say is the street, hustle bl bla.

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 28, 2017
Op, keep on. A few people have identified one of your key skills for you, that's writing. You should check inwards and see how you can develop that. What relationship do you have with your parents, do they give you advices. Are they concerned about your progress. If yes, pls do not move anywhere if you can't g enough support where you are going. Though, I will advice you find a mate and find an apartment since you are the first child. If you cannot afford that at the moment, when you have saved enough, you should do that. I have friends who perhaps could have leveraged on the support of their parents but had this silly self made, move out of your parents house to be successful mentality. Today, he is still jobless, living everyday like that when there is perhaps a man that can guide him through life. One last thing there is no such discovery than self discovery. Man know yourself and what has worked for you. Check through your past successes, how did it come, how it happened. There in you will have answers. Life is not a competition, there is no winner. No be by who hustle pass e work for. People have got jobs in the comfort of their homes, I am a living testimony no be 35K job oo. 200k Trainee starting job. I understood myself, my key strength and success factor has been studying, research and internet. I got a scholarship through this in the university. I used this positively in my job search and it worked for me. It is work for me in my entrepreneurship journey now. I have friends whose strength are otherwise. So know yourself very well bro and It will happen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Aeker: 11:51am On Sep 28, 2017
majekdom2:
Op, keep on. A few people have identified one of your key skills for you, that's writing. You should check inwards and see how you can develop that. What relationship do you have with your parents, do they give you advices. Are they concerned about your progress. If yes, pls do not move anywhere if you can't g enough support where you are going. Though, I will advice you find a mate and find an apartment since you are the first child. If you cannot afford that at the moment, when you have saved enough, you should do that. I have friends who perhaps could have leveraged on the support of their parents but had this silly self made, move out of your parents house to be successful mentality. Today, he is still jobless, living everyday like that when there is perhaps a man that can guide him through life. One last thing there is no such discovery than self discovery. Man know yourself and what has worked for you. Check through your past successes, how did it come, how it happened. There in you will have answers

Great words from a wise man.

Thank you so much for highlighting these.

I will keep them in mind.

3 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by seuncyrus(m): 11:57am On Sep 28, 2017
Gravas:

Aeker is a good writer as you have observed. Anyway, he will need a PC, and then internet subscription to start a blog. He need some money.

Bro , he doesn't need a PC to get started and what happened to the internet sub he uses to browse NL daily ...STOP MAKING EXCUSES ON HIS BEHALF.

The first thing I noticed while reading his post was the fact that he writes well and I'm sure he doesn't even know he could earn from it .

My advice to you is this

- DON'T start a blog with the hope to earn from it , you might not even earn up to $10 in a year ....There are so many people looking for good writers daily here on NL...there was a guy in the business section that writes 1,500 words articles for 250 naira a while back...the last time I contacted him he told me he now charges 1K / 1,500 words now( he even told me he had up to 15 articles to write so he politely told me he didn't have the time )

- Download the wordpress app from playstore and open a free blog, write 5 posts about anything that comes to your mind ...then come back to NL and open a thread to tell us that you write articles and don't be greedy by charging too high for starters..

- find a way to guest post on good blogs in naija and let there be an option to contact you.

Aeker ... see I'm going to tell you what I was told during service and I hope you take it .

LIFE IS A PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY...don't expect anyone to hand anything to you.

Those lamenting and sympathizing with you have nothing to offer you ...listen to those chastising you or better still ask them how they did it

3 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Aeker: 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2017
seuncyrus:

Bro , he doesn't need a PC to get started and what happened to the internet sub he uses to browse NL daily ...STOP MAKING EXCUSES ON HIS BEHALF.

The first thing I noticed while reading his post was the fact that he writes well and I'm sure he doesn't even know he could earn from it .

My advice to you is this

- DON'T start a blog with the hope to earn from it , you might not even earn up to $10 in a year ....There are so many people looking for good writers daily here on NL...there was a guy in the business section that writes 1,500 words articles for 250 naira a while back...the last time I contacted him he told me he now charges 1K / 1,500 words now( he even told me he had up to 15 articles to write so he politely told me he didn't have the time )

- Download the wordpress app from playstore and open a free blog, write 5 posts about anything that comes to your mind ...then come back to NL and open a thread to tell us that you write articles and don't be greedy by charging too high for starters..

- find a way to guest post on good blogs in naija and let there be an option to contact you.

Aeker ... see I'm going to tell you what I was told during service and I hope you take it .

[b[b]LIFE IS A PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY...don't expect anyone to hand anything to you[/B]

Those lamenting and sympathizing with you have nothing to offer you ...listen to those chastising you or better still ask them how they did it
Thanks for the kind words, bro.

I especially like the emboldened. Those are great words.

Actually, I'm a writer. I have been since I was young. It's just that I haven't taken freelancing as seriously as I should. Had a Fiverr account but it got blocked mid this year. Opened another yesterday and am about to see how far it gets me.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by smscruize(m): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
We have a comprehensive database of valid and active Nigerian Phone Numbers sorted and
classified into state by state and each state's Mobile number collection is further grouped
by their local Government (LGA). Our list makes it easier for your
targeted location-based campaigns, advertisements and mobile marketing activities in a
cost effective way. We can also assist you in sending Bulk SMS to your targeted Nigerian
audience through our reliable SMS gateway.

Nationwide database: N40000
State database: N10000
LGA: N4000

Price Negotiable

www.smscruize.com
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by seangy4konji: 12:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
Dont mind them as if its not the same Nigeria..not to talk of learning a trade self its money to transport your self and at times you might not have the cash...as if the op saw a menial job he did not do...even a blind man knows that its a very critical situation and its just survival of the fittest and grace of God so if you happen to have menial or good job,its only grace that gave you...no sane adult would wish to cry out on a public forum about how life is treating him if not pushed to the wall..many are wounded inside...
majekdom2:
this was going to be my last post after readin all comments but I had to comment. No mind Nigerians, na dem hustle pass still nothing tangible to show for it. Different advices here and there coming judgmental and overly critical. It is clear, the situation in Nigeria I alarming, more seekers than the available opportunity- befitting or menial. It's not about OP, it's about the situation on ground.

3 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by rhymxkid(m): 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
micflo28:
Though enervating, desperate times calls for desperate actions, Its obvious offering yourself for volunteer jobs seems to be the way out. I am currently going to offices and shops meeting the management and volunteering to work without pay, Just my transport fare and I am getting interesting offers. No shame mehn... I need a job and I boldly go out to ask for it.

Nice one up there... i would like us to talk better through the whatsapp platform... pls whatsapp me with your name 0-7-0-3-0-6-4-8-6-0-8

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Coldfeets: 1:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Emvicprints1:
sir I tell you it is not that easy as you see it. I agree with you in that fact that one must do something but haven't you seen frustrated craftsmen? Have you not noticed people jumping from one business to another every now and then? Even the something you are talking about can its proceed be enough to take care of your needs, brother it's a tough world we are just coping. To your question what am I passionate about ? I like working with my hands craftsmanship, production,traveling, middlemanship, negotiating.

I am glad you are passionate about something... in fact, so many things.

Now, the next thing you must do is to master how you can turn such passions into economical value. cool

Luckily for you, there are so many people out there who have done it!

People like T Harv Eker.

It will be my utmost pleasure now to show you his book on How to Make a Million (Dollars) in Your Own Business in 3 Years Or Less.

Download the book from that link and make sure you read it thoroughly.

You are sure going to learn a lot of the simple business principles the man explained in that small but powerful book.

The man really explained those little things that differentiates businesses that make a lot of money and businesses that are just managing to survive.

I'm sure that when you apply those business principles in your own business, there's every possibility that your passion will turn into a million making passionate business system. wink

Have fun and good luck.

2 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hope you've tried to acquire skills
Danty37:

no na.. you will not understand.. I have a younger sister in her finals, family pressure from cousins, nephew and niece (please send me small thing) friends are angry that I don't call them again... in fact I am tired.. I don't know what to do or say again. zero savings in my account.. recently my immediate elder brother did his wedding.. abeg talk too plenty.
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2017
You are very right bro
MORNDEW:

I only echoed what many people feel about some of you here. I never said you were lazy but perceptions matters in life. I believe you are a graduate. Let your appearance and doings portray you like a serious minded individual it will not even cost what makes you happy. As a Hr if I ask of your Nairaland username and you give me this, it will send lots of things in my head. Likewise if I have business and wants to link you up seeing ur username alone will make me stop. It's all about maturity. You are not more Chelsea fan than P'square or even my uncle who are registered members and even travel to England to watch them. But ever seen them add Chelsea to their name. Not even a local league of ours that one can say u are promoting our local content but an outside entity that you have no stake in and you attach it to ur username. It amount to clear unseriousness and joblessness simple that's the first message it creates.
I hope you understand better.
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Emvicprints1: 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2017
Coldfeets:

I am glad you are passionate about something... in fact, so many things.

Now, the next thing you must do is to master how you can turn such passions into economical value. cool

Luckily for you, there are so many people out there who have done it!

People like T Harv Eker.

It will be my utmost pleasure now to show you his book on How to Make a Million (Dollars) in Your Own Business in 3 Years Or Less.

Download the book from that link and make sure you read it thoroughly.

You are sure going to learn a lot of the simple business principles the man explained in that small but powerful book.

The man really explained those little things that differentiates businesses that make a lot of money and businesses that are just managing to survive.

I'm sure that when you apply those business principles in your own business, there's every possibility that your passion will turn into a million making passionate business system. wink

Have fun and good luck.
page 1 he borrowed 2000 dollars from the bank. I think we should chat so you could hellp me do a review.
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by jaychubi: 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
majekdom2:
the hustle you created for them ba

Go to construction site n mix cement n sand or stone u will make 3k daily n over 80k monthly is dt nt better than idleness
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by DProdigy15(m): 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Just an exact description of my life right now.
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Coldfeets: 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
Emvicprints1:
page 1 he borrowed 2000 dollars from the bank. I think we should chat so you could hellp me do a review.

Do a Review of what?
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
MORNDEW:

I only echoed what many people feel about some of you here. I never said you were lazy but perceptions matters in life. I believe you are a graduate. Let your appearance and doings portray you like a serious minded individual it will not even cost what makes you happy. As a Hr if I ask of your Nairaland username and you give me this, it will send lots of things in my head. Likewise if I have business and wants to link you up seeing ur username alone will make me stop. It's all about maturity. You are not more Chelsea fan than P'square or even my uncle who are registered members and even travel to England to watch them. But ever seen them add Chelsea to their name. Not even a local league of ours that one can say u are promoting our local content but an outside entity that you have no stake in and you attach it to ur username. It amount to clear unseriousness and joblessness simple that's the first message it creates.
I hope you understand better.
yes boss. it's okay. not yet a graduate. but will graduate next year. boss I am a very serious person I don't joke with anything that will bring money. please if you have anything you can help me with. I am interested. thank you
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Ezi39: 7:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
pedrilo:
and u r still online speaking grammar. u better run enta street o
cool
pedrilo:
and u r still online speaking grammar. u better run enta street o
Those of us that perused a career in teacher education don't just go to a street like that

3 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Emvicprints1: 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
Someone should recommend a book or a guide which has worked or is working in Nigeria not giving people books like rich that poor dad. Dangote excelled in business cause of political backings.my guy this is Nigeria you can be a house painter or a work man for donkey years and you would be in one spot. Expenses in Nigeria increases and income is always static.

3 Likes

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by sharpwriter(m): 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
Royal155:
bennexstore@gmail. com
Bro, me too dey very interested too o. Help a brother. seunitunu@gmail.com .... whatsapp 08060715059
Please, I hope to hear from you. Thanks.
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by amicable09(f): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2017
AHCB:
Like I gave one many once upon a time abi? grin cheesy
Lol. I actually thought I replied you last night but looks like I dozed off before clicking 'submit'.

Where have you been!?
The day you returned from cell, my shared post increased by two times the number it used to be and most of your shares came from your guys who have missed you at that hangout spot of yours.

Honestly, I was a little bit worried about you. I have a little friend too who have been absent for months now. I notice you guys and in my heart of hearts I wish you guys wellness and safety.

Welcome back with your wahala.

1 Like

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by escapefromusa(f): 1:43am On Sep 30, 2017
blackbeau1:
Human anatomy

smiley
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by escapefromusa(f): 1:45am On Sep 30, 2017
Emvicprints1:

That pennies...
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Saintzykie: 8:07am On Sep 30, 2017
Aeker:

I feel no sense of entitlement, sir. I have roamed the streets of Kano and Kaduna seeking teaching jobs and all sorts - all to no avail. I recognize that I have to start from somewhere.

Thanks.
By now, there are some comments you shouldn't be replying. Concentrate on those that have offered you ideas on how to start. Anyone blasting you by telling you how he or she struggled before making it, is actually the one feeling self-entitled. Trust me, life is not black and white. You just need to appreciate yourself more, change your approach and perception and watch the others will follow suit. Instead of offering you advice, they would love to work with you. Boast about your skills and package your self better. For example, in Lagos, tailoring is no longer called or viewed by that name; they call it fashion design and a lot of folks are into that field. Buzz me when you are free. I'll link you to other writers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by Aeker: 8:10am On Sep 30, 2017
Saintzykie:
By now, there are some comments you shouldn't be replying. Concentrate on those that have offered you ideas on how to start. Anyone blasting you by telling you how he or she struggled before making it, is actually the one feeling self-entitled. Trust me, life is not black and white. You just need to appreciate yourself more, change your approach and perception and watch the others will follow suit. Instead of offering you advice, they would love to work with you. Boast about your skills and package your self better. For example, in Lagos, tailoring is no longer called or viewed by that name; they call it fashion design and a lot of folks are into that field. Buzz me when you are free. I'll link you to other writers.

Thanks for the great words and taking the time to assist, bro. It means a lot.

I just sent you an email. Thank you.
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by AHCB: 10:00am On Sep 30, 2017
amicable09:

Lol. I actually thought I replied you last night but looks like I dozed off before clicking 'submit'.

Where have you been!?
The day you returned from cell, my shared post increased by two times the number it used to be and most of your shares came from your guys who have missed you at that hangout spot of yours.
Oh really? Tell me about it. LOL.

Honestly, I was a little bit worried about you. I have a little friend too who have been absent for months now. I notice you guys and in my heart of hearts I wish you guys wellness and safety.

Welcome back with your wahala.
You were worried? Awww how nice. You know, you could end your worry by replying that pm I sent you ages ago grin or are you still skeptical about my intention? Lol.

Anyway, I was never away, I just changed my skin to another. The only skin still in cell is my main skin, every other is as free as a bird. Lol. wink
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by CellTabRepair20: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2017
Month ends today!
In all thy getting get wisdom and understanding says the Holy book. It simply means, invest in knowledge! Month ends tomorrow.Get on board the train for financial freedom! With just three (3) Months to the end of 2017, have you finally gotten that job yet or still waiting? B4 the year winds up make real cash fixing high-end, in-high demand smart devices. Get *"Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs: A Complete Guide..." book* and see how useful it is for your training needs.

See link below
Re: The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate by amicable09(f): 11:48am On Sep 30, 2017
AHCB:
Oh really? Tell me about it. LOL.

You were worried? Awww how nice. You know, you could end your worry by replying that pm I sent you ages ago grin or are you still skeptical about my intention? Lol.

Anyway, I was never away, I just changed my skin to another. The only skin still in cell is my main skin, every other is as free as a bird. Lol. wink
Lol.

I suspected another moniker to be you but that moniker didn't give me any trouble only had bad mouth so I concluded it couldn't be you.

Lol about your intention, Just make it public. Will you?

Good to see you around. I'll keep searching for my small sweetheart. She had a diary too and you disturbed her a few times. I hope she didn't go to jail because of you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Recruitment @ Ministry Of Interior (M O I) / INEC 2023 Election Adhoc Staff Recruitment Deployment And Availability Form / Photo: When You Get Government Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.