Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

The Plight Of Corpers Serving In Abuja(fct) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Plight Of Corpers Serving In Abuja(fct) (5197 Views)

Living Conditions Of Corpers In Asaba, Delta State (Photos) / Obi Cubana Dines With Corpers Serving in Oba A Week To His Mother's Burial. / Check Out This Tipper-load Of Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Plight Of Corpers Serving In Abuja(fct) by Lenon12: 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
Abuja connection as fondly associated with Nollywood continues to ring in the hearts of many in Nigerians.The FCT is a place where every graduate would like to serve his Father land especially considering the fact that Abuja is seen as a land flowing with milk and honey.The FCT remains the most sought out place for service after Lagos and Portharcourt .The excitement that greeted me when i saw my call up letter as the FCT was tremendous.Even friends and colleague reminded me of the guarantee and assurances assocated with serving at the FCT.However i left for service @ the FCT with great Hope and Assurance that everything would be fine.My first taste of the Abuja connection was when i realised 40% of the intending corp members are either residents of Abuja or graduates of University of Abuja.How can this be?Enough of the long story.Abuja is the only place where corpers are not treated with great respect.I was suprise when my my friend serving in Plateau state posted the video of the kind of warm and royal reception given to him in Plateau state.Corpers in Abuja struggle for accommodation as most organisations,schools and even Federal G.overnment ministries and parastatals do not provide accommodation for corp members.Secondly the measure challenge of everyone living in the FCT is cost of Transportation.Corps members are saddled with the challenge of transportation to go to their various places of primary assignment.Private vehicles unlike other states who tend to pick corpers who are on uniform for free,reverse is the case in Abuja as such private vehicles collect money from corp members with uniform.I was even suprised when a range rover picked me and demanded for #150.Thirdly,most of the private organisation under pay corp members and over use them.There is no much prestige given to corp members serving in the FCT as most persons have little regard for corp members.Fourthly,corps members in Abuja experience much pressure from home as most of their relatives and friends want them to remit something from the national cake in the FCT. As thus the pressure from home tend to disstebalise corp members and they face the risk of being put under undue pressure.Female corp members are the most exposed to this risk.You can add yours if you are a corper serving in the FCT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Plight Of Corpers Serving In Abuja(fct) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
Why in d world will you choose somewhere like Abuja or lagos when you got no relatives over there,

But what's my own, I just dey chil for one village like that grin
Re: The Plight Of Corpers Serving In Abuja(fct) by Equations(m): 7:30pm On Sep 29, 2017
Lool... Who send u go Abuja? Enjoy your national cake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Plight Of Corpers Serving In Abuja(fct) by CellTabRepair20: 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2017
In all thy getting get wisdom and understanding says the Holy book. It simply means, invest in knowledge! Month ends tomorrow.Get on board the train for financial freedom! With just three (3) Months to the end of 2017, have you finally gotten that job yet or still waiting? B4 the year winds up make real cash fixing high-end, in-high demand smart devices. Get *"Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs: A Complete Guide..." book* and see how useful it is for your training needs.
Re: The Plight Of Corpers Serving In Abuja(fct) by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 04, 2017
Stay village no,manage town lialia say na city una want.Talk from now till tomorrow, many intending corp members still insist in serving in FCT even if na Maraba all join. All na Abuja grin grin
Re: The Plight Of Corpers Serving In Abuja(fct) by Temigracee: 9:26am On May 13, 2022
Studying outside Nigeria made easy... have you heard of A place called Mauritius....? I'm sure you will love to study and work at d same time, living in a conducive well furnished house. With peace of mind you never get here in nigeria. Call or WhatsApp 09046317346 for more info. We also do canada and UK at a very affordable prices.
Re: The Plight Of Corpers Serving In Abuja(fct) by TheirFADA: 10:47am On May 15, 2022
I'm always amused anytime i hear prospective corp members keep shouting they want to be posted to Lagos or Abuja like say na 100k allawee dem dey pay those who dey serve there

Mtcheww

Make dem carry me go village with enough land wey i go see space to farm wella biko cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Post Your NYSC Pictures Here!!! / Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States / Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.