Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

When The Potential Leaders Are Thieves, What Does The Future Hold? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When The Potential Leaders Are Thieves, What Does The Future Hold? (329 Views)

What Does The Company Sky Packing Materials Trading: LLC Do? / What Does The Company QI Deal With Please? / What Does Consolidated Salary Actually Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When The Potential Leaders Are Thieves, What Does The Future Hold? by GISTLIFE(m): 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
Lagbaja crossed several countries to start the business of falsifying information for monetary gain. He came back home, and with the sweat of others, he began to live an extravagant life. Everywhere he went to, a royal-like pomp accompanied him. Overnight, and with the ill gotten fortune, he became the friends of kings, chiefs and the who is who of the society. As you know that pleasure isn't a scarce commodity for people that can afford it, the beautiful descendants of Adam came in their tens to "keep" his company. He threw money at these beautiful creatures with protruding gluteal, straight spines, round and firm mammaries. In fact, the sweetness and yumminess of his life almost made the hardworking, men of virtue, value, to think twice.
That's a brief description of our society today.
Poverty kills, there's no doubt about that. But also, fraud kills much more because it drys up the fountain that serves many, it makes people run mad, it causes psychological trauma in many lives.
Looking at our society today, and if you are an individual that's concerned about what our future holds, tears will flow from your eyes. The attachment we give to money is very worrisome. And the possibility that the youths will safe us from the negative progression we are making is becoming unreal, as time ticks. Gradually, fraud is becoming our way of life, especially among the youths. Despite the fact that the fraud has been with us for a long time, it had not gained much acceptability like it did now.
This acceptability is somewhat strange to me because I grew up to meet a society(my locality) where any form of illegality was being frowned at. When I was much more younger, if you stole, and people got to know about it, automatically, people would begin to stigmatise. Your peers would be warned by their parents not to associate with you. But today, you seem to gain more followers if you are a "yahoo" boy. People tend to point to you as their friends.
Looking at most of our tertiary institutions, the presence of this rottenness fills my heart with sadnesses. If you mean well for your company or firm, you will find it difficult to employ some graduates. Because the fear of bankruptcy won't make you take the step. Some of these guys have been living in affluence right from school, and living on monthly salary may be difficult to cope with. Thus, the possibility of looting down your firm is high.
The fraud disease has eaten deep to our marrow to the extent that people now go on apprenticeship. Folks now go interstate to learn the act of internet robbery. What a shame!
Our media and entertainment industry now propagate fraudsters' life as something worthy of emulation, something worthy to attain and life that should be copied. Whereas, they give little or no attention to people making a good living through legitimate means, people making waves in the academic world, people breaking new ground without swindling others.
For a while now, the message, "youths are leaders of tomorrow," is becoming increasingly popular. But the question is: how are we going to achieve this greatness if the teaming youths are chasing nothing important? Can a nation achieve greatness when the youths are aspiring to be like Lagbaja?
Everyday, I'm worried about where we youths are heading to. I can't deceive you! I think about what Nigeria will be when we youths begin to rule.
There's nothing more dangerous than a society filled with thieves!
http://www.gistlife.com.ng/2017/09/when-potential-leaders-are-thieves-what.html
@gistlife

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

(1) (Reply)

Changes Hit Only Those / MASTERING JOB INTERVIEW SKILLS / Massive Discount On SAP Training - Become An SAP Consultant Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.