Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) (57086 Views)

How To Tell Difference Between Hausa And Fulani People / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Aminu Sanusi And Fulani Zainab Ali Bashir / Ibo, Hausa And Yoruba Are Not Indegenous Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by laudate: 2:34pm On Sep 28, 2017
Fulaman198:
Arabs dress in a far different manner. How one dresses is not didactic of how modernised a group of people are. To perceive that Western clothing in any way is superior to Sahelian clothing shows a sign of massive inferiority complex.

Exactly!! What a superb response. You just took the words out of my mouth. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Fulaman198(m): 2:34pm On Sep 28, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

Yeah, like turkey iran seems very westernized for a muslim nation. However the iranian traditional outfit even if they have abandoned it consists of a turban or like you said a cap. There are also persians in pakistan known as pashtuns. As for aladdin, i think africans should claim him too grin

You are absolutely correct dear brother. Also @the bolded ROFLLLLLL

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Fulaman198(m): 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
laudate:

Exactly!! What a superb response. You just took the words out of my mouth. cheesy

Thanks bros, I'm just tired of Nigerian inferiority complex to Whites...and some Nigerian men on these forums wonder why Nigerian women are starting to pursue white guys.....They bring it upon themselves.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
Fulaman198:

Arabs dress in a far different manner. How one dresses is not didactic of how modernised a group of people are. To perceive that Western clothing in any way is superior to Sahelian clothing shows a sign of massive inferiority complex.
rather I called wardrobe
malfunctions
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Fulaman198(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
rather I called wardrobe
malfunctions

That's your opinion, if you want to be westernised and white-washed, you are free to live in the West.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by abdulkayus(m): 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
Fulaman198:

That's your opinion, if you want to be westernised and white-washed, you are free to live in the West.

Guy, u are intelligent. Am impress with u and volks to and fro argument, it is educative. And also u guys shut down the haters with ur superiority comments

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
Fulaman198:

I'm not trying to be Westerner , but our dressing should be in moderate way, I combined my native attire and Western attire and it make me look appealing ... not everyday caftans or turban like masquerade

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Fulaman198(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
abdulkayus:

Guy, u are intelligent. Am impress with u and volks to and fro argument, it is educative. And also u guys shut down the haters with ur superiority comments

Thanks bros!
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Fulaman198(m): 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
ELKHALIFAISIS:
I'm not trying to be Westerner , but our dressing should be in moderate way, I combined my native attire and Western attire and it make me look appealing ... not everyday caftans or turban like masquerade

Haha, I laugh in Fulfulde. How did you manage to do that?

It is a great thing that culture is not a monolith, if it was, what a boring world this would be. I respect other people's culture(s), I expect them to return the same level of respect towards my own.

I do not know what God you believe in or if you believe in God at all (If you do not believe in God that is fine, I respect that as well). But the way I was raised and brought up was that we are all equal. No one is superior or inferior to anyone else regardless of where they come/hail from. Be it a man or woman living in the Andaman Islands in India wearing practically nothing, or a nomad being proud of their respective turban(s).

Be happy that the world is as colorful as it is instead of wishing for certain cultures to change and become more white-washed/westernised.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

When everyone was talking about fayose, me and my mates were laughing at the man standing next to him. Like seriously, what in Gods name is that? grin

Fayose' s turban is like someone who had an accident and had his head bandaged.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Tamass: 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ishilove:

"The heat warps their thought processes", some people will argue.
Didn't expect to hear that from you of all people
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Slim101(m): 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2017
Fulaman198:

It is a great thing that culture is not a monolith, if it was, what a boring world this would be. I respect other people's culture(s), I expect them to return the same level of respect towards my own.

I do not know what God you believe in or if you believe in God at all (If you do not believe in God that is fine, I respect that as well). But the way I was raised and brought up was that we are all equal. No one is superior or inferior to anyone else regardless of where they come/hail from. Be it a man or woman living in the Andaman Islands in India wearing practically nothing, or a nomad being proud of their respective turban(s).

Be happy that the world is as colorful as it is instead of wishing for certain cultures to change and become more white-washed/westernised.

Please who are you?? You reek of so much intelligence and maturity.
Get out of here mehn!!
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Tamass: 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
Fulaman198:

Thank you bro am not hausa by tribe anyways. The problem is they want to live up to the expectations of the whites

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Tamass: 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
Slim101:

Get out of here mehn!!

...just tell me the part he was wrong if you are bold enough?
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
[quote author=Fulaman198 post=60914166]

Be happy that the world is as colorful as it is instead of wishing for certain cultures to change and become more white-washed/westernised. [/ the way I was brought up doesn't mean I wont make a change when others are changing, I will never do away my local attire I modernized , we are in 21century for Peter's sake , its only in Africa ppl still believe that their problem is supernatural occurrence , my parents brought me up with local attire doesn't mean I won't have my own view or change of dress if I didn't see it appealing , folks from middle east their dressing this days is more appealing, they modernized their Arabian dress to match up with their Western counterparts, but down here in Nigeria the case is different...
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by joenor(m): 3:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
Noted
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Slim101(m): 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
Tamass:

...just tell me the part he was wrong if you are bold enough?

Learn to read between the lines. That was sarcasm and I'm sure he got my message.
Stop acting like a child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by perdollar(m): 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

When everyone was talking about fayose, me and my mates were laughing at the man standing next to him. Like seriously, what in Gods name is that? grin
afonjas failed attempt to imitate his master d abokis
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Tamass: 3:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
Slim101:

Learn to read between the lines. That was sarcasm and I'm sure he got my message.
Stop acting like a child.
Okayy then if you say so
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Fulaman198(m): 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2017
[quote author=ELKHALIFAISIS post=60914711][/quote]

I can't really quote your entire post because it's quite lengthy since it's a combination of my post and your own. If after this discourse I don't change your mind, then you are free to stick to your views. We can respectively agree to disagree.

Clothing does not make the man or a woman. Someone with a modernised mindset would know and acknowledge that. If I wore a suit over a Babban riga, would I not be the same person? How does wearing something different change who I am as an individual?

I consider myself quite modernised. I'm relatively young, (younger than 35), and I have studied Computer Science extensively both at school and with my spare time. I am up to date with technology.

Being technologically acculturated does not coalesce into being White-washed..I tell you, I wear the same clothes to study and I'm still the same man.

Giving up ones culture shows a sign of weakness and inferiority complex. I was born a Sahelian and will die as one. I'm not a white man nor would I want to become one. Some Nigerians do, not me.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Tamass: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2017
Positiveminds:
No real difference, except that both depict terrorism.
How more dumb could you be? i don't know why you let your fingers work faster than your brain angry
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Fulaman198(m): 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
Tamass:

Thank you bro am not hausa by tribe anyways. The problem is they want to live up to the expectations of the whites

Yeah it's a severe mental sickness amongst some Nigerians.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by bewla(m): 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
adisabarber:
Ko si iyato ninu gambari ati Fulani jare grin
i disagreed with the ops the two ear types is for kings and one ear once for Prince and royal people. the round once is general
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
laudate:

And how were you able to arrive at this conclusion?

The picture of her car with Delta number she posted yesterday and that of her Sugar daddy on this thread gave her up .
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by Fulaman198(m): 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
Slim101:

Get out of here mehn!!

Thank you, I'm humbled by those words.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by laudate: 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:
The picture of her car with Delta number she posted yesterday and that of her Sugar daddy on this thread gave her up .
And within your mind, you believe that a car with a Delta state registration number (not a Kogi registration, o!) and a picture of a guy (who you assume is her sugar daddy - not that you know it for a fact), are 2 things that are enough to prove she is a Kogi woman? And you think this your submission makes sense? shocked Wait first, what school did you attend, again?
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
laudate:

And within your mind, you believe that a car with a Delta state registration number (not a Kogi registration, o!) and a picture of a guy (who you assume is her sugar daddy - not that you know it for a fact), are 2 things that are enough to prove she is a Kogi woman? And you think this your submission makes sense? shocked Wait first, what school did you attend, again?

I know what I am saying I can even call her full names now but I'll pass
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by laudate: 3:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:
I know what I am saying I can even call her full names now but I'll pass

You do not know her, so stop making up stories!! shocked
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
laudate:

You do not know her, so stop making up stories!! shocked

You are beginning to make me feel this is an alternate account oo.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by laudate: 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
SalamRushdie:
You are beginning to make me feel this is an alternate account oo.
Alternate account of whom? shocked Or what? If there is something I cannot stand, it is those who cook up fake stories, in order to slander other people. NL is an anonymous forum. If you have a problem with the OP, kindly sort it out with her offline, if it is true that you know her so well. Don't bring your childish pettiness online, into NL.
Re: Difference Between Hausa And Fulani Turban (Photos) by SalamRushdie: 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
laudate:

Alternate account of whom? shocked Or what? If there is something I cannot stand, it is those who cook up fake stories, in order to slander other people. NL is an anonymous forum. If you have a problem with the OP, kindly sort it out with her offline, if it is true that you know her so well. Don't bring your childish pettiness online, into NL.

Ok ma I hear you ..well said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Town Where Death Awaits Albinos / 10 First-class Nigerian Kings Die In 6 Months {FULL LIST} / Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.