Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Woman Wins $758m Powerball Jackpot In USA - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Woman Wins $758m Powerball Jackpot In USA (704 Views)

Playzone Gaming Platform And 100% Jackpot Prizes Winning / Man Wins $1.08 Billion Jackpot / Yoruba Woman Wins World’s Biggest Backside Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Wins $758m Powerball Jackpot In USA by careidon: 2:13am On Sep 28, 2017
Mavis L. Wanczyk arrived at Massachusetts lottery headquarters in Braintree to claim her prize Thursday with her mother and sisters.
Wanczyk said it was always a dream to win the Powerball. "It was a chance. A chance I had to take," she told reporters Thursday.
She chose the numbers based on a series of birthdays and numbers special to her.
Wanczyk realized she won while with a coworker Wednesday evening.
"Last night, it was kind of like I hadn't realized I'd won," she said. "I'm just coming down from all that.

The 53-year-old is the mother of two has been a nurse at Mercy Medical Center for 32 years. She called the hospital Thursday morning and said she was taking early retirement.

The $758.7 million Powerball jackpot is the largest single-ticket winnings in the game's history. Opting to take the lump sum option of $480,500,936, Wanczyk will receive $336,350,655 after taxes.

She purchased her ticket at Pride Station & Store at 27 Montgomery St. in Chicopee Wednesday afternoon.

source:http://s.syracuse.com/4apU7yP

The former record of largest lottery prize via a single ticket is $590.5 million. Gloria MacKenzie, then 84 yrs old, of Zephyrhills, Fla., won that Powerball jackpot in May 2013.
She chose the cash option and got $370.9 million. After federal taxes were taken out she walked away with about $278,175,000.

(that's over 50% tax deductions; better still before you spend $1 you have to earn $2.08 first and give the govt her $1.08 in tax!)

Re: Woman Wins $758m Powerball Jackpot In USA by NXTDANGOTE(m): 3:18am On Sep 28, 2017
Re: Woman Wins $758m Powerball Jackpot In USA by WizAkzy: 6:41am On Sep 28, 2017
sad

(1) (Reply)

My First Time Getting High / Affordable Multipurpose Stainless Dual Electric And Gas Food Dryer / The Present State Of Ikorodu Road (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.