Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,470 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) (66542 Views)

Soldiers Beat A Policeman On Duty In Ibadan (Video) / Policeman On Bonnet Of Speeding Vehicle Of Lady Who Refused To Stop / Armed Robbers Kill Policeman On Abuja-Kaduna Road After Gun Battle (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by Sultty(m): 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
Looks like what's going on in that cops mind is of switching trade from police to kidnappings grin
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by banmee(m): 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
Reference:

So what do you know is happening here. What certainty surrounds your conclusion about this unfortunate, hapless policeman.

You talk as if you don't live in Nigeria. It is the norm that policemen dress any which way they want and walk about the streets. In The U.S or Germany, you will know if a plain clothed person is a policeman or not. He will be wearing a badge on the outfit he has on. Or at the very least, be in the midst of other policemen in Uniform. Don't take my word for it. You have access to google.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by jrusky(m): 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
But why do our police love disgracing us?

As a police office carrying such weapon how can you proof you are not armed robber or kidnapper or how can you run or defend yourself in an event of unexpected?

This us why I'm totally against yearly recruitment of 30,000 police which IGP proposed because those already on ground are of no use 70% of them need to sack with immediate effect before new ones can come in.
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by Josephjnr(m): 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2017
Dewvy:

Oh ho! Imagine this man walking toward you on a lonely road, dressed like this and armed with that weapon. Would you think toward him being policeman first or look for the nearest escape route?

Na to delete immediately na.

1 Like

Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by temi2008: 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2017
soberdrunk:
The solution to the Nigerian police problem is simple, increase pay and increase the job requirements, you cannot be employing anyhow' people and be paying them peanuts and expect "professionalism" angry

Who told you they pay them peanuts? Their salary scale is still OK. U can google their salary scale and c for urself
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by 25ahmad(m): 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2017
'A Nigerian Police (SARS) need total reform if officer on duty in Port Harcourt can dressed like this with a Gun. Is this proper? Does he not look more like a kidnapper and Armed Robber?'.

Is this right or wrong?

they usually dress like this if they are on duty at banks or any place that will put their life in danger, so they hide from criminals like arm robbers which make them not to be direct target s
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by Seunbert(m): 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
just felt I. should clear some air on D's police guy issue .I wonder what d intention of d poster is
No 1, I which to state dt ds guy is not a SARS officer, and he is of d Oyo division not port Harcourt... immediately I saw ds I had to invite him to ask for what really happened...he said on dt said date he was on his way to make an arrest and on instruction he was not to wear his uniform. but on getting to d road they met an accident.they had to stop to pacify the situation ,and make sure dt d wounded are taking to d police station.d event took place between Oyo -Akinmoorin road..he wasn't and still not a police dt stays on d road ..u guys might b able to make some points here .But I see him as a victim of cheap blackmail . if u are willing to talk to him and make any enquiry I can make his contact available...though I've talked to him to upgrade his dressing
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by Trinity213: 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
what if he dressed like this because he is undercover and had to bring out the gun at the point of making an arrest.
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by Nonymillz: 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
soberdrunk:
The solution to the Nigerian police problem is simple, increase pay and increase the job requirements, you cannot be employing anyhow' people and be paying them peanuts and expect "professionalism" angry
Really true...
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by realmrsugar: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
Once yhu c dz kind of person in ur street jst begin to run to avoid stories dt touch
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by everozone: 2:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
Nigerian policeman.What more can I say?
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by agitator: 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2017
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by bigfather(m): 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
zoba88:
According to Olubunmi,a police officer on duty was spotted dressed in casual while on duty.He wrote..

'A Nigerian Police (SARS) need total reform if officer on duty in Port Harcourt can dressed like this with a Gun. Is this proper? Does he not look more like a kidnapper and Armed Robber?'.

Is this right or wrong?

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/09/police-officer-with-gun-spotted-dressed.html?m=1

I'll freeze to death if i meet this kind of guy on the road ! shocked
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by Untainted007: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
Turbocharged:

There is no difference, the only noticeable difference is that the police are registered and have a uniform.

Even at times, armed robbers borrow police uniform to rob. It happens very well on high ways.
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
PoliceHerdsman. grin grin grin grin
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
look at the guy, his appearance is very unprofessional.
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
This picture I must say is nauseatingly embarrasing. How could you tell he's not an armed robber if he pulls you over? How old is Nigeria as a country and still nothing ever works. It's very shameful that people who assume the position of authority are imbeciles and have no love for the country.
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by harveyspec: 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
Seunbert:
just felt I. should clear some air on D's police guy issue .I wonder what d intention of d poster is
No 1, I which to state dt ds guy is not a SARS officer, and he is of d Oyo division not port Harcourt... immediately I saw ds I had to invite him to ask for what really happened...he said on dt said date he was on his way to make an arrest and on instruction he was not to wear his uniform. but on getting to d road they met an accident.they had to stop to pacify the situation ,and make sure dt d wounded are taking to d police station.d event took place between Oyo -Akinmoorin road..he wasn't and still not a police dt stays on d road ..u guys might b able to make some points here .But I see him as a victim of cheap blackmail . if u are willing to talk to him and make any enquiry I can make his contact available...though I've talked to him to upgrade his dressing

which cheap blackmail sir??

if things goes south, the police will be the first to scream "unknown or unidentified gunman"

they wouldn't say police?

who goes undercover brandishing an assault rifle? No Vest, no paraphenelia of the force?

does he even look professional? If I see such a man from afar, my adrenaline will come in, fight or flee.

In Developed nations, police heads will reassure the public when there are issues like this, tell them there is an ongoing investigation, in some cases the officer will be placed on administrative leave BUT here you come up with stupid excuses & try to justify their actions thereby emboldening them more.

The other day, I saw a heavily bearded man on the express road, dressed in all black attire with a fedora hat brandishing an assault rifle.
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by harveyspec: 8:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
Trinity213:
what if he dressed like this because he is undercover and had to bring out the gun at the point of making an arrest.

"had to bring out"

Oga bring out from where? kindly show us where he hid the gun in that native attire?

can he chase fleeing suspect on that slippers?

kindly show us pics from other nations where undercover cops dress like this?

if an undercover cops within a gang territory dresses like this, then no problem BUT to dress like this on a check point or stop & search mission is questionable
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by patonyx1: 8:47am On Sep 29, 2017
I guess it's the ID card, sir. grin

Untainted007:
That shows the level of insensitivity in this country. But wait, what makes some Nigerian Policemen different from armed robbers and kidnappers?
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by Untainted007: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2017
patonyx1:
I guess it's the ID card, sir. grin

Hahahahahahaha, even some kidnappers may have ID card. People can go to any length to achieve their aims.
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by iukpe: 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2017
Seunbert:

Though I don't know who you are but your comment seems to put some clarity on the image and I believe is true.
Sometimes Police duty would require officers to be covert, but the AK47 gives off all the covertness and this is the point. I think the police should consider providing some sophisticated assault pistols for such duties to support this kind of outing.
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by jullycares: 1:08am On Sep 30, 2017
Madness is not a police..is a arm robber
Re: Policeman On Duty With Gun In Rivers Dressed In Native Outfit (Photos) by Rhea(f): 1:30am On Oct 03, 2017
zoba88:
According to Olubunmi,a police officer on duty was spotted dressed in casual while on duty.He wrote..

Is this right or wrong?

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/09/police-officer-with-gun-spotted-dressed.html?m=1

He is an armed robber

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How I Narrowly Escaped Ritualist / Man Secretly Buries His Girlfriend In Ogun After She Died During Sex (Photo) / Kidnappers Killed In Shootout In Kaduna While Trying To Abduct Expatriates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.