Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,688 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Job Placement Test At The Us Embassy - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Placement Test At The Us Embassy (4068 Views)

Vacancy For Administrative Assistant At US Embassy, Nigeria (₦2,111,000 Monthly) / Assessment Test At Workforce / Ecobank 2017 Assessment Test At U.I On The 11th Of November 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Placement Test At The Us Embassy by cloud9usher: 10:02am On Sep 28, 2017
Good day guys,

I applied for a position at the US embassy Abuja sometime ago and their Human Resources department recently invited me for an "English Language Placement Test."

I know the test would basically be out to test me on grammar, lexis, syntax, etc; for consideration for the job role, but I need have first-hand information about how job processes go at the US embassy. The position I'm being considered for is a mid level position.

I have done some searching online but came up with little competent information, so I brought it here; hoping anyone who has ever had job related tests and interviews at the US embassy or anyone presently working at the US embassy can help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

1 Like

Re: Job Placement Test At The Us Embassy by obajoey(m): 10:16am On Sep 28, 2017
Good luck in advance. Just prepare well.
You are in money if you scale through and you will.

cloud9usher:
Good day guys,

I applied for a position at the US embassy Abuja sometime ago and their Human Resources department recently invited me for an "English Language Placement Test."

I know the test would basically be out to test me on grammar, lexis, syntax, etc; for consideration for the job role, but I need have first-hand information about how job processes go at the US embassy. The position I'm being considered for is a mid level position.

I have done some searching online but came up with little competent information, so I brought it here; hoping anyone who has ever had job related tests and interviews at the US embassy or anyone presently working at the US embassy can help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Job Placement Test At The Us Embassy by cloud9usher: 10:37am On Sep 28, 2017
obajoey:
Good luck in advance. Just prepare well.
You are in money if you scale through and you will.

Amen! Thanks a lot bro, I wish you all the best in your pursuits as well.

2 Likes

Re: Job Placement Test At The Us Embassy by Gemc3(f): 11:35am On Sep 28, 2017
Congratulations to you. I heard the test is based on the level. Level I, I I, III, IV. Depending on the job. Also heard it's simple. TOEFL I think.

I heard they will give written and oral test too.

I don't know anyone there tho. All I wrote is what I've read and heard.

I wish you success.

Please the position you applied for is it Visa Assistant?

2 Likes

Re: Job Placement Test At The Us Embassy by cloud9usher: 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
Gemc3:
Congratulations to you. I heard the test is based on the level. Level I, I I, III, IV. Depending on the job. Also heard it's simple. TOEFL I think.

I heard they will give written and oral test too.

I don't know anyone there tho. All I wrote is what I've read and heard.

I wish you success.

Please the position you applied for is it Visa Assistant?

Thank you much! For the job role, Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English Language proficiency is required.

The position I applied for is a communications related position.

2 Likes

Re: Job Placement Test At The Us Embassy by prettyboy5: 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
Oga Cloud9usher I hail you sir! Although I don't have much info to help you with I pray you get the job, remember me from the First bank graduate trainee 2017/2017 thread? You were the most popular and informative contributor on that thread, so you are leaving First bank for embassy work abi? grin Remember me in your kingdom when you get the embassy job o, so that when I need US visa you would help me out sharply grin
I wish you the best sir!
Re: Job Placement Test At The Us Embassy by cloud9usher: 8:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
prettyboy5:
Oga Cloud9usher I hail you sir! Although I don't have much info to help you with I pray you get the job, remember me from the First bank graduate trainee 2017/2017 thread? You were the most popular and informative contributor on that thread, so you are leaving First bank for embassy work abi? grin Remember me in your kingdom when you get the embassy job o, so that when I need US visa you would help me out sharply grin
I wish you the best sir!

Lol, those working at the US embassy have single heads like me don't they? So I wanna join them as well as First bank is on hold. Thanks for the kind words bro.

1 Like

Re: Job Placement Test At The Us Embassy by dnoable08: 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
How did it go for you bro, how long does it take before they call for an interview? Just recently applied for a position
Re: Job Placement Test At The Us Embassy by Peters25(m): 10:02am On Nov 17, 2017
cloud9usher:

Thank you much! For the job role, Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Writing/Reading in English Language proficiency is required.

The position I applied for is a communications related position.

Hi cloud9usher,

Please i need your help. i have been invited for thesame interview next week.

Please help a brother asap.

Please pm on cokekep8@gmail.com

Thank you in anticipation of your quick response
Re: Job Placement Test At The Us Embassy by buske(m): 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
cloud9usher:
Good day guys,

Thanks a lot in advance.

My oga, please I'd need first hand information from your experience.
I have been scheduled to take the same test next week too.
ifeanyi330@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Immigration 2017 List Of Shortlisted Candidates Is Out Check Here / Graduate Recruitment At Capitalplus Group / Job At Eleme Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.