Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper (24282 Views)

Robert Kiyosaki Says Now Is Time To Get Richer As Epic Market Crash He Predicted / Its Now Cheaper And Very Easy To Own A Gym Center. / What's The Best Bank For Savings Of Business Income? (2) (3) (4)

CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 28, 2017
The Registrar-General, Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Mr. Bello Mahmud, said on Tesday in Abuja that the cost of business registration in Nigeria was now cheaper and its process simplified to enable small entrepreneurs to register their businesses.

Muhmud announced this in a statement by Head, Public Affairs, CAC, Mr Godfrey Ike.

Muhmud disclosed this while addressing the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Clinic.

He said that with the Company Registration Portal (CRP), any member of the public could now register businesses on-line at the comfort of their homes and offices.

“This has drastically reduced the registration cost hitherto charged by professional middlemen (Lawyers, Accountants and Chartered Secretaries), in the registration process.

“Entrepreneurs who had already registered their businesses have the obligation to file Annual Returns with the Commission as and when due.

” Failure to file Annual Returns will result to striking-off of such defaulting entities on ground of dormancy.

” The MSME Clinic is an initiative of the Office of the Vice President, which is aimed at holistically addressing all the operational challenges and bottlenecks of MSME in Nigeria,” Muhmud said.

According to him, the commission is one of the critical government agencies that has been participating in the on-going nationwide MSME Clinic that commenced in Aba in January.

He added that the MSME Clinic was expected to be held in all states of the federation.

“So far, the Clinic has been held in 13 states of the federation,” he said.

According to him, other relevant agencies like FIRS, SON, Bank Of Industry (BOI), NAFDAC, SMEDAN participated in the clinic.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/cac-reviews-cost-of-business-registration-says-now-cheaper/

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 29, 2017
Interesting
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by rodeo0070(m): 6:54am On Sep 29, 2017
Laudable.
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by froz(m): 7:35am On Sep 30, 2017
yes o @ d guy above me.
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by Guilderland1(m): 9:27am On Sep 30, 2017
Very good, I will soon register my company

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by generaliy: 9:29am On Sep 30, 2017
Good
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by IgedeBushBoy(m): 9:29am On Sep 30, 2017
Wow, nice development. A good encouragement measure. Mena wait for me. I go soon come register my own tongue
#SaiBaba

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by udumosam23(m): 9:29am On Sep 30, 2017
Gud news. At least more biz will be legally registered and tax will be coming in accordingly.

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by femo122: 9:33am On Sep 30, 2017
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by planetuzor(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2017
Nice move
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by colossus91(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2017
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by jamesbridget13(f): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2017
What's d registration portal address please?

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by Taiofil(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2017
It is a welcome development!
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by smartty68(m): 9:36am On Sep 30, 2017
If you agree with me that the amount was supposed to be listed;
click Like,
but if you don't agree,
click Share!

After the registration, one would still need to go to their office for documentations. Abi no be Nigeria we dey again?!!!

Transparency is what we're demanding from you guys

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by IgedeBushBoy(m): 9:37am On Sep 30, 2017
udumosam23:
R
For Room
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by Ike1(m): 9:38am On Sep 30, 2017
How much is 'cheap'

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by deolumike(m): 9:39am On Sep 30, 2017
In line with the Federal Government's drive to making the cost of doing business cheap in Nigeria, do you know that registering a business name, limited liability companies and other allied dealing with the Corporate Affairs Commission is now very easy & faster and can be done by the first directors, proprietors and trustees (promoters).

If you need assistance as regards the particulars of a proposed company, stamping of documents, pre-incorporation documentation, filing of incorporation documents, registration and incorporation, preliminary matters after incorporation (Company Seal, FIRS TIN, EFCC SCUML, Corporate Bank Opening) & Post incorporation (annual returns, changes in memorandum, removal or appointing directors, change of company name, increase in share capital).

We are also professionals in trademarks, patents, copyrights & special designs; NAFDAC registration, NIPC registration, NEPC registration and other government special registration, taxation (TCC, VAT & CIT returns) etc.
We have assisted over 200 hundred promoters, clients in Nigeria and Diaspora with our all inclusive corporate service. You can contact us for more information and Call via call or Whatsapp on 08037653364

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by Hezzymania(m): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2017
Cheaper, from how much to how much ? Why no figures ?

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by udumosam23(m): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2017
IgedeBushBoy:
For Room

Yes o, booking things
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by IgedeBushBoy(m): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2017
Ike1:
How much is 'cheap'
"Cheaper"

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by Discharge(m): 9:45am On Sep 30, 2017
What is the official rate please?
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by Kingspin(m): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2017
We have gone this road before.. Our heads of departments, politicians and media are full of sweet stories but how far has it affected an average person remain to be seen.

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by IgedeBushBoy(m): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2017
udumosam23:

Yes o, booking things
I de feel you, bro. Ride on

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by efilefun(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2017
Please who got an idea how a lost CAC certificate can be replaced?
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by Uzorgod(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2017
It's cheaper and easier but you could not tell how cheap or how to go about it.
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by Dething: 9:47am On Sep 30, 2017
Until you resolve your online registration issues, you guys remain jokers! Just to file for a name search, you want me to come your your office, whereas you have a portal where you claim one can pay get name searched and reserved, but it never worked. You dont reply mails, you dont have an active phone no one can call. You dont acknowledged complains, What a terrible organisation. I paid for name search over six month online, and no one acknowledged the payment. I paid again through another source (Remita) just a week ago and up till today 30.09.2017 no one saw the payment and do the needful. No mail, no acknowledgment of any sort.

Terrible people!

CAC is failure for now!

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by 9japrof(m): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2017
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by eodavids(m): 10:02am On Sep 30, 2017
How much is the present cost?

It should be made explicit and not still unknown or depending on what an individual is made to pay
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by kado(m): 10:03am On Sep 30, 2017
Dething:
Until you resolve your online registration issues, you guys remain jokers! Just to file for a name search, you want me to come your your office, whereas you have a portal where you claim one can pay get name searched and reserved, but it never worked. You dont reply mails, you dont have an active phone no one can call. You dont acknowledged complains, What a terrible organisation. I paid for name search over six month online, and no one acknowledged the payment. I paid again through another source (Remita) just a week ago and up till today 30.09.2017 no one saw the payment and do the needful. No mail, no acknowledgment of any sort.

Terrible people!

CAC is failure for now!

I paid the whole fees last year and till date, my business registration has remained on the pending list. Sent series of mails with payments proof, but got no replies thus far. Even wrote to get refund according to their refund policy, still no response bro..

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by Oildichotomy(m): 10:03am On Sep 30, 2017
I want to get this clear.. Can one file annual returns directly to the commission without going through the middle men?

This statement of his sounds vague. Besides, you still need the services of the professionals to do the job

Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by coldsummer: 10:06am On Sep 30, 2017
Why didn't he say the exact amount
Re: CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper by designVATExcel: 10:14am On Sep 30, 2017
Dething:

Terrible people!

CAC is failure for now!

Sorry for your experience, though you don't need to go to their office for your business name registration, we did ours online, just waiting for approval.

I fully agree with your other submission though, they should have an active phone line and a dedicated desk at their office for enquiries.

FIRS has a Help desk at their office (really friendly folks) the problem there though is the security. Those ppl wouldn't let you in unless you can provide the name of who you want to meet, imagine that rubbish?? So for common tax enquiries I need to know your staff.. tsk tsk
Infact all parastatals & commissions in Nigeria have issues. They lack the basics.

China To Start Importing From Nigeria - Emefiele, CBN Governor / Those Who Want Naira To Be ₦400 To Dollar Are Living In A Dream World - Moghalu / We Are Internet Marketers, Not Yahoo Boys! - FATTKAY