Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (99307 Views)

Nigeria. Vs Cape Verde: World Cup Qualifiers: (1 - 1) - Full Time / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / South Africa Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifiers - 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by pauldiamonds: 12:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
i cant wait to see nigeria get whooped
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by jayms82: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
The good thing about this game is that it would afford Gernot Rohr the opportunity to try out other fringe players. And I hope he keeps our record of not losing to Algeria in 27 years intact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Yugoos: 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
WOW WHO IS THIS PAUL ONUACHA,.

WATCHED THAT VIDEO. THAT GUY SHOULD BE CALLED PLS. HE IS A NATURAL.

COOL

3 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Andy2274: 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2017
WizzPoll:

You are right team chemistry is very vital but the team must also seek to improve. Keshi made mistakes ahead o 2014 and there is no evidence that some of the new faces then were better than the players we had.

However in this case we have a clear problem in front of goal. I wont be scared of Iheanacho, or Nwakaeme if I was a central defender. I think the 3 strikers we should go to world cup with should be
Odion Ighalo, Imoh Fred Friday and Paul

we need strikers who can fight for goal and score when the opportunity presents itself.
. Oga let's leave the team as it is. When Friday and Paul were not there we won our matches and qualify for world cup. Why tempering with the team now? If no injuries, let the players that qualified Nigeria go for the world cup. After then the couch can start trying other players.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by chickenjefp: 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
I remember USA 94 qualifier in Algeria it was emotional and tension soaked but this one will be a stroll in the park
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by andrew444(m): 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2017
WizzPoll:

Iheanacho has no fight in him. talking about taking advantage of spaces involves making off the ball runs. The 2 strikers I proposed are always on the move looking for the pass to come. watch them without the ball and you will appreciate what I mean. also ability to hold the ball up and invite others to join play involves having upper body strength. Against the likes of Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Germany . . . we may not be able to out-pass them for a great length of time. Our ball possession against the best might be weak, this is also another example where you need a striker up front with the strength to hold up play and give the defence some breathing space. Again Iheanacho is not that man.

How about counter attack? Again Iheanacho does not have a lot of speed. He has done well for the country no doubt but we have better athletes and strikers.

The 2 strikers I proposed can even dribble better than Iheanacho.

Nwakaeme is using too much football age, he is too old!

@wizzypoll.... What are you saying,do you watch football,you think you can just call any player and expect the player to make the super eagles team,imoh Fred Friday?you make me laugh,a player who has only played 2 game from the sub for Az alkmaar,he mostly play for their second team which is called jong Az,you expect a player who play for team b to make the super eagles team?you will really fail as a coach,do you think super eagles is Botswana,Paul onuachu is even okay but he will never make that team,I guess you are a cousin to Fred Friday,keep on wasting your time for a player who is demoted to Jong Az playing in the Jupier league
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by iSlayer: 1:48pm On Nov 07, 2017
[s]
WizzPoll:

You are right team chemistry is very vital but the team must also seek to improve. Keshi made mistakes ahead o 2014 and there is no evidence that some of the new faces then were better than the players we had.

However in this case we have a clear problem in front of goal. I wont be scared of Iheanacho, or Nwakaeme if I was a central defender. I think the 3 strikers we should go to world cup with should be
Odion Ighalo, Imoh Fred Friday and Paul Onuachu

we need strikers who can fight for goal and score when the opportunity presents itself.
[/s]

Don't be offended. This is rubbish, Any of those 2 will have to fight for a 3rd-choice-striker place.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by femi4: 2:10pm On Nov 07, 2017
WizzPoll:

Odion Ighalo, Imoh Fred Friday and Paul Onuachu

Big mistake! Those two are yet to prove themselves in green-white-green shirt

2 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by femi4: 2:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
iSlayer:

Don't be offended. This is rubbish, Any of those 2 will have to fight for a 3rd-choice-striker place.
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by femi4: 2:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
andrew444:

@wizzypoll.... What are you saying,do you watch football,you think you can just call any player and expect the player to make the super eagles team,imoh Fred Friday?you make me laugh,a player who has only played 2 game from the sub for Az alkmaar,he mostly play for their second team which is called jong Az,you expect a player who play for team b to make the super eagles team?you will really fail as a coach,do you think super eagles is Botswana,Paul onuachu is even okay but he will never make that team,I guess you are a cousin to Fred Friday,keep on wasting your time for a player who is demoted to Jong Az playing in the Jupier league
The guy is high on pure water

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Bullhari007(m): 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2017
chiboy7:
Super eagles has made us proud.... Well done guys
sharap, Biafra boys has made them proud grin grin grin
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by andrew444(m): 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
femi4:
The guy is high on pure water

My broda no b small highness,the guy was just calling the name of Fred Friday,I follow football a lot,the Fred Friday he is talking of was bought from Lillestorm from Norway to replace Vincent jansen who joined Tottenham,but he has not produced the form which make them to buy him,now someone is calling for him in the super eagles,this season he has scored all his goals for the team b,Jong Az
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by dabossman(m): 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2017
robosky02:
I remember the famous "90 munites to glory" in 1993 enroute the 1994 world cup grin

Just like yesterday. I still remember the tears in Nduka Ugbade's eyes. Sadly, he didn't make the team to the Mundial.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by harkibami27: 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2017
if u ned usher at ur event party... plz call on me on dis number 08171903086..god bless u as u call me..I stay in Lagos ..
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by wayodude(m): 10:49pm On Nov 07, 2017
WizzPoll:
How about that for a line up with Paul Onuachu coming in as a sub for Imoh Fred Friday in the second half.

How am I only just seeing this joke! No be only Imoh Fred Friday. This dude was scoring goals for fun in the Norwegian league playing for Lillestom. He then got a move to the more competitive (but still weak) Dutch league with AZ Alkmaar and has managed 7 goals in 2 seasons! He has been so bad that he now features more for AZ Reserves (U-21) more than he does for the main team. Apparently he scores goals for the reserves and those goals and his Lillstrom goals are what this video is all about.

Good job by his agent though pulling this together and uploading on YouTube. World Cup don dey near and the hustle is getting realer! Lol

5 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by piperson(m): 4:11am On Nov 08, 2017
safarigirl:
we don't need him to have fight, we need him to score and he does that well enough

And I don't know why you keep mentioning Nwakaeme because last I checked, he is not among the two sure bets for the World Cup. Only Kelechi and Ighalo are, Nwakaeme is just like Onuachu and everyone else fighting for one spot.

And which one is that he is using football age? The guy does not look older than his stated age and except you know something we don't, I suggest you throw away such flimsy argument, even if he's Defoe's age mate, as long as he knows where the net is, he should be in contention for that sole spot
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:14am On Nov 08, 2017
Yugoos:
WOW WHO IS THIS PAUL ONUACHA,.
WATCHED THAT VIDEO. THAT GUY SHOULD BE CALLED PLS. HE IS A NATURAL.
COOL
Paul Onuachu, Mitgylland FC, Denmark.

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:21am On Nov 08, 2017
Andy2274:
. Oga let's leave the team as it is. When Friday and Paul were not there we won our matches and qualify for world cup. Why tempering with the team now? If no injuries, let the players that qualified Nigeria go for the world cup. After then the couch can start trying other players.
True but there are players who have to be replaced in that team.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:29am On Nov 08, 2017
Algeria - Nigeria
2. 15 /3.00 /3.40
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by MetalJigsaw(m): 8:04am On Nov 08, 2017
jayms82:
The good thing about this game is that it would afford Gernot Rohr the opportunity to try out other fringe players. And I hope he keeps our record of not losing to Algeria in 27 years intact.
And the record of scaling through the qualifiers unbeaten.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 3:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
Rohr – I Will Introduce Six New Players In The Starting Line Up Against Algeria

Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr has revealed that he could introduce as many as six new players in his starting line up when they take on Algeria on Friday.

Nigeria are up against Algeria in a dead rubber World Cup 2018 Qualifiers tie on Friday, and according to Rohr he would use the game to test some fringe players in his team.

” All the games are important, it’s right we have already qualified for the World Cup, so the result is not the most important, the most important in this game will be to play a good game”, Rohr said in an interview posted on the official twitter handle of the Super Eagles.

” We always play to make good games and good results , but it’s an opportunity for us to see some players who didn’t play so much during the qualifiers because we
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2017
Algeria vs Nigeria: Rohr reveals players to face Desert Foxes

Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr has revealed changes expected in his squad against Algeria in the inconsequential World Cup qualifying game in Constantine on Friday.

ADO Den Haag right-back, Tyronne Ebuehi, on-loan Standard Liege midfielder Uche Agbo and Hapoel Be’er Sheva forward Anthony Nwakaeme shall all find places in the starting lineup.

Rohr considers fielding fringe players for the dead robber game with the likes of on-loan Hull City defender Ola Aina; young Deportivo La Coruna goalkeeper Francis Uzoho; on-loan Anderlecht striker Henry Onyekuru, on-loan Girona forward Olarenwaju Kayode and Norway – based midfielder Chidiebere Nwakali all set to start.

The Super Eagles have already landed in Russia after beating Zambia 1-0 in Uyo on October 7 to top Group B last Month.

The Franco-German coach said yesterday that he would make six changes to the team that defeated Chipolopolo last month.

The 64 -year-old German said his sights are fixed on Tuesday ’s friendly against South American giants Argentina in in Krasnodar, Russia.

He said in a video posted on Super Eagles official twitter account, “All the games are important, it ’s right we have already qualified for the World Cup, so the result is not the most important.

“The most important thing in this game against Algeria is to have a good game and also get good results.

“It’s an opportunity for us to see other players who didn’t play because we had our players but now we have six injuries and at least I will make six changes for the game against Algeria and this is an opportunity to see these players who didn’t play so much and it will be interesting to play Algeria in this condition.

“They have a new coach (Rabah Madjer ) and they are playing at home so they will be very aggressive.

“The second game against Argentina is against one of the best teams in the world, who perhaps have the best players. We will have one South American team in our group (at Russia 2018 ) and also our trip to Russia will enable to us see where we will camp for the World Cup.”

Russia-born right-back Brian Idowu is expected to join the team Krasnodar for the match against Argentina.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/09/algeria-vs-nigeria-rohr-reveals-players-face-desert-foxes/
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by duferryz: 9:04am On Nov 09, 2017
Alexandre Lacazette mocks Kylian Mbappe in France training

Arsenal may have missed out on Kylian Mbappe this summer – but they managed to sign a striker who does a pretty decent impression of his celebration.

Alexandre Lacazette is currently with France’s national team ahead of their friendlies against Wales and Germany...

Read more: https://mediarepotas.com/2017/11/09/alexandre-lacazette-mocks-kylian-mbappe-france-training/

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Carlos122(m): 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2017
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by AlexVal2017: 1:13pm On Nov 09, 2017
Make Nigeria no cut mi x2 o.. bet9ja.go hear wrd
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Robisky001(m): 1:31pm On Nov 10, 2017
The dead rubber match has no effect on both teams. They will just be playing for bragging right.
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2017
Half time draw, full time draw x/x

nothing is at stake just NATIONAL pride cool
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2017
Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr has Released his Starting XI – that will face the Desert Foxes of Algeria in a dead rubber World Cup qualifying game in Constantine later today.

Rohr revealed his starting line up shortly after the last training session of the team.

Deportivo La Coruna’s Goalkeeper, Francis Odinaka Uzoho made the matchday squad, with Daniel Akpeyi missing out on selection, while John Ogu was also selected for the first time under Rohr.

Israel based Anthony Nwakaeme will also make his debut as he is in the starting line up.

Mainz defender, Leon Balogun will be saddled with the role of leadership as he wears the captain band with William Troost-Ekong, Shehu Abdullahi and Ola Aina completing the back four.

SUPER EAGLES LINE UP:

Ikechukwu Ezenwa

Shehu Abdullahi

Ola Aina
Leon Balogun
William Troost-Ekong
Ogehenekaro Etebo
John Ogu
Wilfred Ndidi
Anthony Nwakaeme
Alex Iwobi
Kelechi Iheanacho
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Godwin616: 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2017
Algeria 1-0 Nigeria
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by EniHolar(f): 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
chiboy7:
Super eagles has made us proud.... Well done guys

That's how they always start
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Suffernomore: 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
Prediction - Draw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Shatters Messi's Transfer Announcement Record On Twitter (Pix) / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Brazil Vs Germany Funny Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.