Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" (41569 Views)

Joe Budden Splits From His Fiancee Cyn Santana 4-months After Their Engagement / P. Diddy And Joe Budden Dance To Afrobeat Legend, Fela's Music (video) / Joe Budden: “americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by WotzupNG: 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
Nigerian Afrobeat Singer, Wizkid is actually bigger than what his fans back home think. Since he went International and unleashed a new sound to the world, he’s achieved a feat no other Nigerian Singer in his time has ever reached.

American Rapper and Presenter, Joe budden, while in a talk show acknowledged the feat achieved by Wizkid where he stated that his sound doesn’t sound Nigerian but Caribbean. He said since the SFTOS album dropped, many American Artistes have been stealing his style and that what bothers him the most is that they never bought the album.

Transcript of what he said:

Wizkid’s album came out… we’ve never talked about it… and it’s amazing. And I don’t think that’s really fair that all you n*ggers can steal Wizkid’s Caribbean fucking style and flow and songwriting and not buy the album.

He added:

”Ya’ll should go buy Wizkid’s album if ya’ll gonna appropriate his f**king music and style. That’s what I did and it’s a great album”

The lady hosting the show had this to say about Wizkid:

”This guy is a super star globally, he’s making moves even if he’s not so present in the States right now… he’ll get there. He’s doing very well for himself.”

https://www.wotzup.ng/wizkids-album-joe-budden-american-artistes/

SEE VIDEO: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZlVMBVDfTd/

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by Holuwahyomzzy: 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ok
Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by jessejunior(m): 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
True tho

9 Likes

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by mmclatino(m): 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
Afro sound is a gift to the world. Thanks Fela.

99 Likes

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by thesicilian: 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
Reminds me of one of my GCE exams of those days when I was almost tempted to "spy" the lady sitting next to me. She was beautiful, wearing glasses (to me that is usually a sign of intelligence, even till date), and writing plenty stuff so I imagined she knew what she was doing.
However, by divine intervention I was able to recollect the answer to the question and I started writing fast. Only to have this lady tear up her sheet, demand for a new sheet and start copying my answer word for word. She even told me to shift my hand away so she can see more clearly!
Moral of the story: If only you can step back, think for a moment and be original, the people you envy will become the ones copying you!

416 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by newsynews: 3:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Wizkid is truly International.

I cant believe they actually know him.

Davido nko? grin grin grin

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by Sammy555(m): 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2017
This should make fp...... Wizkid number one in Africa

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by thesicilian: 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
newsynews:
Davido is well known in Congo, Tanzania, South Sudan, and so many other places.

227 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by Kashbwoyjnr: 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
Frog voice nko? Well known in Ghana

With Yankee passport them say we local, you better catch up or I go see u later now nah the mumu need to catch up

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by WotzupNG: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
This is not my real comment... I will comment my real comment on how Davido reply the comment i commented on his picture....

Meanwhile here are

6 Reasons Why Davido Is Better Than Wizkid

2 Likes

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
Wizkid is the only Afro beat artiste in Naija.. d rest na pon pon

Not mentioning names o lipsrsealed

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2017
thesicilian:

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by newsynews: 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
thesicilian:

You forgot to include Eritrea. He's big there.

The latest is that Jay Sean, a 2006 one hit wonder, just featured him. Dude even announced it on IG.

grin grin grin

lalasticlala

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by KendrickAyomide: 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
Joe Budden get sense jaré... They wont even give credit Chai for biting his style...

9 Likes

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by josephine123: 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
OK DEN
Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by ruggedtimi(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
wizkid ft future everytime, thats a track!! i can listen to it all day

9 Likes

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by free2ryhme: 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
WotzupNG:
Nigerian Afrobeat Singer, Wizkid is actually bigger than what his fans back home think. Since he went International and unleashed a new sound to the world, he’s achieved a feat no other Nigerian Singer in his time has ever reached.

American Rapper and Presenter, Joe budden, while in a talk show acknowledged the feat achieved by Wizkid where he stated that his sound doesn’t sound Nigerian but Caribbean. He said since the SFTOS album dropped, many American Artistes have been stealing his style and that what bothers him the most is that they never bought the album.

Transcript of what he said:

He added:

The lady hosting the show had this to say about Wizkid:

https://www.wotzup.ng/wizkids-album-joe-budden-american-artistes/

SEE VIDEO: https://www.instagram.com/p/BZlVMBVDfTd/

Wizkid get style

grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by jayloms: 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
I just hope he(wizkid) would be able to balance his music to soothe his local and international fan base. More success to him and others pushing our entertainment industry to the international scene.

4 Likes

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
mmclatino:
Afro sound is a gift to the world. Thanks Fela.
I tell u...

1 Like

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
I chop ban and i feel alright,God bless nairaland republic.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by solid3(m): 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
Wizkid be feeling cool right now.

2 Likes

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by TippyTop(m): 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
And I don’t think that’s really fair that all you n*ggers can steal Wizkid’s Caribbean bleeping style and flow and songwriting and not buy the album.
Who did Wizkid steal his Caribbean style from? Is Wizkid Caribbean?

12 Likes

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by JaffyJoe(m): 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
Niceee *loso's voice*
Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by CosmeticChemist(m): 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
dignity33:
I read people comments about disappearing of Nnamdi Kanu and I discovered that Nigerians are totally enslaved by this Buhari regime.

People tend to believe the useless cover up made by Army that Nnamdi Kanu is hiding or that he might have cross to Cameroon and i laughed . I earlier wrote that Nnamdi Kanu and parents was either killed or in Government custody but they refuse to believe me, let me give some reason while Nnamdi Kanu is not hiding.

If you can recall the first time soldiers came near his house were two people was killed Nnamdi Kanu came out the following day address the press outside his house which means he was in the House during the time they came.

Nnamdi kanu can never hide because he made it know that he is ready to lose his life for Biafra, this is the man who leave everything for Biafra talk of good life he is enjoying in London, from a noble family even after bail condition he still defiled all and continue the struggle and not even the intimidation by army during the Ebonyi state rally that stop him but keep on and on attending other rallies accross the Biafra land.

Have you ask yourself why are the issue of biafra now is giving the Government sleepless night after invading Nnamdi Kanu house? Because they murdered Nnamdi Kanu that is why after the operation IPOB was quickly proscribed in South East and tagged terrorist Organization by Nigeria Government within a week, now looking for international backing should in case the issue of Nnamdi Kanu killing come up so they can called him terrorist.

Have you ask yourself why was Buhari sent some northern Governors to Eastern region for peace and thereafter VP and IG of police to Abia to meet with Governor? The reason is that Ikpazue was angry that Nnamdi Kanu was killed by army so all those peace visit was to Console him and promised him more Government package, visiting other state was to make it not look suspicious, has Buhari ever sent people for peace before in the past the answer Is no why was it that all this was happening after Kanu home was invaded by soldier.

No time has his brother mention that Kanu hiding position will not be disclosed did you watch him in any video is Government cover up story to make it look as if Kanu are hiding, if Kanu is hiding his brother can never said such. Kanu brother have accused Government of kidnapping Kanu and his parent that he has no knowledge of their way about since after there house was invadad by army.

IPOB or his lawyers can not wrote to World leaders and UN to asked Nigeria Government to release Nnamdi Kanu if Kanu is hiding let us use our brain propaganda may be a weapon of war but there are limit.

So if Government who are holding Kanu and parent will denial that, it means that Kanu has being murdered by army and probable buried somewhere which I don't wish.

Keep spamming Nairaland.. You go wound yourself on top KANU matter ... mtchew..

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by Fidelismaria: 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
Baba NLA
but wait ooo
wat of olamide?
Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by free2ryhme: 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
Waiting for dafido to respond

if wizkid can get style

then music for dafido is finished, as that guy dey sing like person wey swallow frog

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hmm
Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
newsynews:

Davido is well known in my village nah...Even our village head sabi am..

2 Likes

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
Believe me, wizkid is the greatest musician we've ever had in this Africa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Budden: "Americans Are Stealing Wizkid’s Caribbean Style" by HMZi: 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
WIZ doing the country proud...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chidiebere & Chidinma Aneke In Matching Bum Shorts / What I Learnt, After Being Arrested By E-money - Cute9jamedia / Genevieve Nnaji And Her Father Head To The Cinema (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.