Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Breaking: Alex Iwobi To Miss World Cup Qualification Match Against Zambia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking: Alex Iwobi To Miss World Cup Qualification Match Against Zambia (506 Views)

Iwobi: I Almost Cried Scoring Against Zambia. / Aftermath Of Super Eagles World Cup Qualification: 10 Funny Pictures / Leon Balogun‏ Shows Off His Parents To Celebrate 2018 World Cup Qualification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Alex Iwobi To Miss World Cup Qualification Match Against Zambia by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
Alex Iwobi could be dropped from the list of invitees for the World Cup qualifiers against Zambia as the 21-year-old remains sidelined with a thigh injury.

Iwobi missed Nigeria’s last set of qualifying matches against Cameroon with the same injury.

Similarly, he has been left out of Arsenal’s trip to Belarus where they face BATE Borisov tonight in the Europa League.

He, though, is now in a race against time to be fit for the October 7th World Cup qualifier against the Chipolopolo in Uyo.

Maitland-Niles last week described Iwobi as a “role model”, something which took the 21-year-old back, given the pair are friends and Iwobi just eight months the senior.

“When I hear that I’m a bit surprised because I do see him as a mate but I guess because I am the youngest who has made a lot of appearances,” he said. “When they say I’m a role model, I am a bit like, ‘whoah’, but I understand where they are coming from.”

Wenger, however, has warned those who do get a chance that they must seize their opportunity quickly or risk the moment pass them by.
The forward was named by Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr in the list of 20 players invited for the encounter.

In the first leg, the youngster scored one of the goals when Nigeria beat Zambia 2-1 in Ndola in October 2016.

http://www.brila.net/setback-injured-iwobi-out-of-arsenal-uel-match-and-is-doubt-for-world-cup-qualifier/

(1) (Reply)

Daily Soccer Predictions PREDICTIONS (09/10/2017) / FIFA Best Awards: Ronaldo Beat Messi, Neymar To Claim Best Male Player / Man City Sets A New PL Points Record After Comeback Win Over Huddersfield

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.