Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

YES/NO....I Need Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / YES/NO....I Need Help (1063 Views)

Say yes to better sleep with Semi Orthopaedic Mattresses / Is This Open-relationship Gone Too Far? Yes Or Nay / Yes, I Beat My Husband Silly - Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

YES/NO....I Need Help by jayjayp: 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
Good evening Nairalanders,
Trust your day went well. I consider nairaland as a second home, a place i can find answers to questions bothering me.
I guess this post is meant to be for Romance section but decided to post here cos i believe we have more of married people.
I am a 27yrs old lady, been dating this guy for 4yrs now (though off and on). He recently proposed marriage to me, we love and understand ourselves alot and i believe we are meant to be together but.......... Few months ago, i visited a white garment church (celestial) where i was told he is not my husband. Now i have mixed feelings /about his proposal. Do i go ahead with my personal believe and instincts or adhere to the warning? Has anyone ever gone against a prophet concerning marriage, what are the consequences? Do you believe in white garment prophet? Am i acting out of desperation? I’m so confused right now, i love this man and he has the qualities i want in a man. He is even more confused than i am cos i indirectly turned down his proposal and i’m unable to tell him why. I can not tell him i visited a white garment church, we worship in same church and i went there out of my will.
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by maxti: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
Please don't trust anyone except God.
Majority of Married folks made the mistake of their life believing so called prophets and pastors.
By the time you try 5 of them, you would get different answers, so which would you listen to?
If you are the religious type, pray about it.
You are in the best position to know if it will work or not.
You know what you want in a marriage.
By the way, what was the reason given?
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by Praisles(f): 7:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
Kindly state the reasons\ reason Given on y u guys cant marry? did u remember to ask y?
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by newyorks(m): 7:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
give the prophet a test, take three pics to him/her one ur man the other a guy related to u and lastly a deceased guy,tell him/her that the three men are coming for u watch the drama and find the answer urself.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
You went there 'cause you needed to know if he's the right person. Now, you've been told what you wanted to know. grin
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by tayo60(f): 7:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
U av to be careful of all these prophets that say what God has not said in order to mislead people. A prophet once said Funke Akindele Bello can't give birth unless she marries a man of God that can pray and deliver her. She is heavily pregnant now and we all know her husband. Listen to those prophets at your own peril. U can go to God urself in prayer and fasting may be 3 days and ask him to show you if your fiancé is d man for you or not. And God will tell or show you all you need to know about him. Some of them are genuine and many are fake. Dts y I suggested you pray fervently urself.
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by Lovetinz(m): 7:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
A prophet that can't tell the colour of your underwear when you are standing in front of him should be flogged.

If you live in a developed country e.g Switzerland and told somebody you are worried because you consulted a prophet who told you bla.. bla..
You'll be shipped to a mental hospital.

1 Like

Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
Stay away from marriage for now,you obviously don't know what you want in a man.
If you still need a pastor to decide for you at 27years, you might still be single at 43 angry

1 Like

Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by Windflower(f): 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
Talking from the little life experiences that have seen,I would say you should pray about it,go on a dry fasting and prayer,you might also visit a genuine pastor if you know one.Many make mistakes in marriages and they later regret. A case study is my aunt who married her husband despite several warnings,now she is regretting it. The problem many have with our so called pastors is they are fake,but believe me this spiritual aspect of marriage is real.
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by Jagermeister(m): 12:04am On Sep 29, 2017
It's quite unfortunate.

We've lost logic to religion.

Someone even mentioned dry fasting? What for? Smh.

1 Like

Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 29, 2017
jayjayp:
Trust your day went well. I consider nairaland as a second home, a place i can find answers to questions bothering me.
I guess this post is meant to be for Romance section but decided to post here cos i believe we have more of married people.
I am a 27yrs old lady, been dating this guy for 4yrs now (though off and on). He recently proposed marriage to me, we love and understand ourselves alot and i believe we are meant to be together but.......... Few months ago, i visited a white garment church (celestial) where i was told he is not my husband. Now i have mixed feelings /about his proposal. Do i go ahead with my personal believe and instincts or adhere to the warning? Has anyone ever gone against a prophet concerning marriage, what are the consequences? Do you believe in white garment prophet? Am i acting out of desperation? I’m so confused right now, i love this man and he has the qualities i want in a man. He is even more confused than i am cos i indirectly turned down his proposal and i’m unable to tell him why. I can not tell him i visited a white garment church, we worship in same church and i went there out of my will.

Mumu oshi ! You dated for 4 years and By 27 years you are asking if someone is your husband? Wait till you get to 35 years, I bet you won't be asking that question any longer.
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by DonTim1: 5:44am On Sep 29, 2017
My dear, when I met my wife and was convinced she was the one, let 1000 prophet say NO, I would have gone ahead!

Marriage solely rest on happiness, If you are convinced your will be happy with this man, go ahead, but first pray yourself, *God if he isn't my man, separate us peacefully otherwise, increase our love *

I personally believe there is no special one created for anybody, we chose someone close to that ideology and decide to work with them as the special one.

Happy deciding smiley

3 Likes

Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by jayjayp: 7:33am On Sep 29, 2017
No specific reason was given

maxti:
Please don't trust anyone except God.
Majority of Married folks made the mistake of their life believing so called prophets and pastors.
By the time you try 5 of them, you would get different answers, so which would you listen to?
If you are the religious type, pray about it.
You are in the best position to know if it will work or not.
You know what you want in a marriage.
By the way, what was the reason given?
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by jayjayp: 7:34am On Sep 29, 2017
Thanks for the advice

tayo60:
U av to be careful of all these prophets that say what God has not said in order to mislead people. A prophet once said Funke Akindele Bello can't give birth unless she marries a man of God that can pray and deliver her. She is heavily pregnant now and we all know her husband. Listen to those prophets at your own peril. U can go to God urself in prayer and fasting may be 3 days and ask him to show you if your fiancé is d man for you or not. And God will tell or show you all you need to know about him. Some of them are genuine and many are fake. Dts y I suggested you pray fervently urself.
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by makydebbie(f): 7:37am On Sep 29, 2017
cruchenutii:

Mumu oshi ! You dated for 4 years and By 27 years you are asking if someone is your husband? Wait till you get to 35 years, I bet you won't be asking that question any longer.
Honestly I just weak for some rhetorical questions people ask these days. So you'll tell your man you're not doing again because of an insane prophet? Mtcheew angry
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by magnificientzaz(f): 7:52am On Sep 29, 2017
This is serious, i can imagine the emotional trauma you are going through now. The guy will be feeling so bad now...like he wasted 4years.
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by Nuellaluv(f): 9:21am On Sep 29, 2017
I have a question to ask.... Please is there anywhere in the bible it was stated that a prophet or pastor to pray over our wolud be spouse because it's getting out of hand.... Please if you really love your guy and he has all the quality you want in a man go for him. in fact use cotton wool to block your ears because no one is perfect even those so called prophet or pastor do have issues in their home some are been beaten by their wife please be careful I lost mine because of what the so called man of God told my mom which made her hate my guy to the core
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by jayjayp: 9:47am On Sep 29, 2017
thank you for sharing your experience, i have learnt something from it.

Nuellaluv:
I have a question to ask.... Please is there anywhere in the bible it was stated that a prophet or pastor to pray over our wolud be spouse because it's getting out of hand.... Please if you really love your guy and he has all the quality you want in a man go for him. in fact use cotton wool to block your ears because no one is perfect even those so called prophet or pastor do have issues in their home some are been beaten by their wife please be careful I lost mine because of what the so called man of God told my mom which made her hate my guy to the core
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by Florblu(f): 10:26am On Sep 29, 2017
What you don't know can't kill you,but now that you know....
I don't know what will happen
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by enabledgoddess(f): 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
jayjayp:

firstly, cele will always tell you negative revelation to keep you at their fingers . Don't you know how to pray? if there is any evil, it can be averted . Ask God to guide you rather than wait upon the revelation of a flesh. in marriage a lot is required to sustain it; even if you were told he is your husband, and lack the requirements for making marriage work, you will still fail. what does your faith tells you? Yes or No

1 Like

Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by Houseofglam7(f): 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2017
For heavens sake!!!
In 2017
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by NoToPile: 7:47am On Sep 30, 2017
While there's nothing wrong with making all/any kind of investigations concerning who you want to marry. How you go about it matters.

You want to make a spiritual investigation? Why not pray, whatever any prophet tells you should be a confirmation of what you know.

You are a christain and you have direct access to God, I am not really a fan of cele prophets.

Use your own mouth and ask God directly, if you tarry enough you will get a reply. Shikena

1 Like

Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by thorpido(m): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2017
You attend a different church you didn't go to meet your pastor there but decided to go and chook eye in a cele church?
I do believe in spirituality especially when it has to do with marriage.Say your own prayers to God about your inte ding spouse and meet your pastor to pray about it too.You will get your answer.

1 Like

Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by MARKone(m): 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2017
Op, how will you feel if ur man wakes up one day a told a prophet or prophetess told him, he should not marry you. Four years is enough to know if you guys are meant to be together or not.

1 Like

Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by Abiagirl777(f): 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2017
To hell with their opinion. Make your choice sis based on your heart and God,their marriages aren't better. That's how I went to one and he sexually harassed me,a popular one.
Re: YES/NO....I Need Help by jayjayp: 6:41am On Oct 01, 2017
shocked shocked
Abiagirl777:
To hell with their opinion.
Make your choice sis based on your heart and God,their marriages aren't better.
That's how I went to one and he sexually harassed me,a popular one.

(1) (Reply)

Bathroom Fittings For Architects, Interior Decorators and Personal Buildings / My Husband Is Too Sex Hungry,often Rapes Me, Wife Alleges After 16-year Of Marry / Easy Way To Travel To Canada With Your Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.