Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! (26192 Views)

Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. / Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids / Things Parents Use To Scare Their Children! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by denzel2009: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2010
I remember back in the days in naija my dad can watch News from morning till night. Then we used to have this ancient giant TV with sliding doors.We other members of the family dont fancy watching news on different channels when there are interesting programmes being aired on other channels.
So, one day we decided to ask our dear dad why he would watch 7pm English news on NTA, 07:30 on OGTV, 08:00 on LTV, 08:30 yoruba news on BCO.S and then 09:00 NTA network news. He sat there for a while and said to all of us in our mum's presence that assuming they kidnap your mother thats how he is going to know what steps to take to recover her. We just burst out laughing that how could he think of such.

Anyway, one day during his News watching process and we were still begging him to let us watch a different programme on another channel, one of my younger sisters went to cook spaghetti and brought it to where everybody was sitting,our dear dad just stood up and went out of the house, we then switched the tv channel.

We didnt think much about why he left abruptly, on another day while he was news surfing and we had to watch another programme,we just thought of someone going to cook spaghetti again maybe it will work, alas, dad just vamoosed again. We were so happy doing this until one day we asked him why always leave the seating room, he didnt want to respond and tried to do shakara but finally confessed that he always feel like we were eating guinea worms  and he couldnt stand it.

God I miss my family,its always a funny atmosphere.

Have you got funny things that parents do/did that make you chuckle when you think back?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by AqRiUsAge(f): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2010
LMAO! Worm lol

I think its so funny when I ask my dad,
"Dad, are you okay?"
and he responds with something silly like
"Dont call me dad. I am your brother, I am not that old. I'm not like your mother, by the way, when are you going to book her into a nursing home?"

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by Graphical(f): 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2010
Dad has been out for an hour. He came in suddenly and the following conversation ensued:

Dad: Now I know and believe I am old.

Me: Dad what happened?

Dad: I was to take a bus to CMS from barracks busstop.
It was when I got to Ojota, that I realized I had taken a bus going Ketu Mile 12.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by denzel2009: 4:02pm On Mar 05, 2010
Awwwww bless them
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by daylae(m): 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2010
Having lived with a family of five children(all boys+dad) my mum's happiness was dramatically revealed when her first son(my brother) had his first child who happens to be a girl. When the baby was been christened,my mum was asked to pick a name for the baby, ,,surprisingly she got up and said, "first lady."

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by denzel2009: 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
I remebered my mum can't drink tea or hot chocolate from a regular mug.It has to be those massive chinaware that will cover her whole face when she's drinking.

4 Likes

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2010
daylae:

Having lived with a family of five children(all boys+dad) my mum's happiness was dramatically revealed when her first son(my brother) had his first child who happens to be a girl. When the baby was been christened,my mum was asked to pick a name for the baby, ,,surprisingly she got up and said, "first lady."
Very funny. My own family drama can write a book. Am a thorough Daddys girl. But me and daddy dont agree on a lot of things. E.G he supports Arse- Anal, I support Man u, we belong to different political parties, so more times than not, we are always arguing. Anyway, When i was in schoo, Man U defeated Arsenal 4.2 I watched the match at home and i celebrated so much and made his day hell. When it was time for me to go back to school, i went to ask him to give me my allowance for the week, he told me to go and meet Sir Alex Ferguson to give me money because he has disowned me. Me too i was so silly i got angry and walked all the way to school, he called and called i refused to answer, it was a major issue oh until my elder sister called boh of us and scolded us that we both realised the stupidity of our actions.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2010
denzel2009:

I remebered my mum can't drink tea or hot chocolate from a regular mug.It has to be those massive chinaware that will cover her whole face when she's drinking.
My mom had a big rubber cup too, we called it Good Morning Africa

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by browncocos(f): 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2010
g^^^
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by daylae(m): 5:00pm On Mar 05, 2010
Very very funny! But the fact that he loves you is euident,no matter the differences.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by Pampers: 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2010
My ribs are almost broken.tnx all 4making my day.
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by denzel2009: 9:53pm On Mar 05, 2010
One of my oyinbo friend just told me about his parents' holiday to sunny climes. He said he had to give the mum his digital camera so that they can take cool pics. So, off they went for 2 weeks.

When they came back, he had to collect the cam from them so as to upload the pic from the memory card to his laptop for everyone to see how they both enjoyed their sunny holidays.

As soon as my friend uploaded the pic, he said he just discovered different sizes of eyeballs like 200 of them in various shapes. Apparently, the parents have been taking the pics from the lense unknowingly. Can you see how 2 weeks holidays gone with just set of eyeballs to show for it.

God bless the parents.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by peacettw: 3:11am On Mar 06, 2010
There are so many things that make me laugh in my family but i guess the most memorable is that of my mom and her theories. I am married, and on giving birth to my  daughter, she insisted that i should not do exclusive breastfeeding, educating me that it is the white man's devious and malicious conspiracy to stop Africans from breeding like rabbits and becoming as intelligent as them. Don't place the baby near the TV, Computer or Cell phone because the radiation from them will cause a tumor and finally, do not rub baby powder on the baby because according to a documentary, it can cause v.a.g.i.n.a.l cancer (needless to say, i never did). By the way, she is a pharmacist.
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by Sissy3(f): 3:35am On Mar 06, 2010
denzel2009:

We didnt think much about why he left abruptly, on another day while he was news surfing and we had to watch another programme,we just thought of someone going to cook spaghetti again maybe it will work, alas, dad just vamoosed again. We were so happy doing this until one day we asked him why always leave the seating room, he didnt want to respond and tried to do shakara but finally confessed that he always feel like we are eating guinea worm  and he cant stand it.

God I miss my family,its always a funny atmosphere.

ROFTLMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by daylae(m): 8:16am On Mar 06, 2010
My kid brother snores like hell that we call him "the snoring machine. Anytime we're having a family vigil,the poor guy find it impossible to convince us he's not sleeping while he's actually sleeping,cus before he takes a doze or two,someone already nitch him. There was a day he excused himself for the toilet but decided not to join us again,having planned how he'll escape being disturbed. After some minites,my mum decided we leave him,thinking maybe he had eventually gone to bed. It was morning already,and the long vigil was over;my mum wanted to use the toilet,,,,,and behold my brother,"the snoring manching" helping his fantasy on the toilet floor.
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by denzel2009: 4:17pm On Mar 06, 2010
When my dad just bought his first car, he washed and shined it almost every minute. Mum always asked him who he would pick btw her and the car?Yeah, you guessed right - the car.

As nature would have it one day, dad forgot to park the car in the garage before going to bed and robbers came and stole the car. When, dear dad woke up in the morning, wanted to wash as usual, he couldnt find the car, he was frantic and was searching all the neighbours garages and at a point dad was looking under the bed. Mum was giggling silently, she said she thought he had gone mad or something.
Anyway, dad went to the police to report but they couldnt help.Funny thing is that it was 30yrs ago and dad still talks about if police could just find it till tomorrow!

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by madlady(f): 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2010
@Poster, My Mother always had a certain day that she put aside for "beating day". grin grin grin
   She would put the fair of god into my little Brother and myself, on Mondays she would start the week saying "you wait until Saturday" cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by daylae(m): 6:42pm On Mar 06, 2010
^Think saturday should be a rest day?
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by madlady(f): 6:51pm On Mar 06, 2010
^ No she worked all week.
She would plan with my Father who would get lashed with a belt or a white spoon grin grin grin
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by AqRiUsAge(f): 6:56pm On Mar 06, 2010
madlady:

^ No she worked all week.
She would plan with my Father who would get lashed with a belt or a white spoon grin grin grin
wouldnt she forget by saturday?
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by madlady(f): 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2010
AqRiUs Age:

wouldnt she forget by saturday?

No NEVER. grin grin grin grin

My little bro worked out a plan, he always ran away on Saturday Mornings, my Dad would go looking for him, which left my Mum  mad, so I got double embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by mamagee3(f): 7:41pm On Mar 06, 2010
They try to detect who you should choose for a wife/husband. . .
They want you to always depend on them until the day they die
Despite the fact you're an adult and should make your own decisions.

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by daylae(m): 12:35am On Mar 07, 2010
^its because most parents don't trust their children's decisions,and sometimes they can be overprotective;like my mom who monitors me all the time with her fone.
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by Outstrip(f): 1:52am On Mar 07, 2010
Anyway my mom happened to walk in on us one day watching the fresh prince of Bel Air and she thought Will was so funny so one evening she walks in the living room and was like let's watch "french prince".
We all cracked up laughing at her then my dad trying to defend his wife ran out of the bedroom and was like oh I know what she was trying to say. It is "french beans". Needless to say we laughed until we were all hurting. How we went from Fresh Prince of Bel Air to french beans is beyond me

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by Nobody: 3:22am On Mar 07, 2010
mama-gee:

They try to detect who you should choose for a wife/husband. . .
They want you to always depend on them until the day they die
Despite the fact you're an adult and should make your own decisions.

your words make no sense, read the topic well, na by force to post? grin grin
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by cantell(m): 4:48am On Mar 07, 2010
jennykadry:

your words make no sense, read the topic well, na by force to post? grin grin
@jennykadry,
I'm not a fan of mama-gee but i hate when people attack other people for no good reason. She's in line with the topic and her words perfectly makes sense. If you have a beef with her then i suggest you take it up to her.
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by disturbia: 7:03am On Mar 07, 2010
I still don't get it, why do people dislike mama gee?
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by daylae(m): 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2010
^Why should anyone hate another on this forum? All should be sensible enough not to take things personal,cus we don't have to agree on all issues,cus that will make the forum boring. But i think we just have to know when to draw the line,,,,sorry i deviated from the topic.
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 07, 2010
cantell:

@jennykadry,
I'm not a fan of mama-gee but i hate when people attack other people for no good reason. She's in line with the topic and her words perfectly makes sense. If you have a beef with her then i suggest you take it up to her.

sweetheart shove a box of tissue into your mouth kiss kiss kiss

Both of you are the same, the OP used the word "chuckle" what has chuckle got to do with her post?
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by mamagee3(f): 8:02pm On Mar 15, 2010
cantell:

@jennykadry,
That is if she has the face to take it up with me after the last time I skinned her ugly behind for 6months
Until the moderators had to keep sending me pm messages every night. grin

jennykadry:

sweetheart shove a box of tissue into your mouth kiss kiss kiss

Both of you are the same, the OP used the word "chuckle" what has chuckle got to do with her post?

You're the biggest daft known to man. . .
So, because the poster said chuckle, I should type chuckle at the end of every paragraph I type. . .
Seriously, who gave you the license to the internet cause you sound like a dunce. . .
Pssf. . .

1 Like

Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by sophy09: 11:20pm On Mar 15, 2010
what is,
Re: Funny Things Parents' Do That Makes You Chuckle! by tayoast(m): 11:46pm On Mar 15, 2010
My dad: we'r leaving 4 church @ exactly 8.30am

@8.30am, evry other psn 'll be ready, waiting 4 him.

@9.05am, he heads 4 his car & evry1 runs after him.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom / Sex In Marriage: Tips For Mutual Satisfaction | Surehome Seminar February / Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.