Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,899 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" (48492 Views)

Makeup Artist Ruins Lady's Wedding Photos, Gets Called Out / Male Makeup Artist Stuns In Rainbow Make-Up (Photos) / Hollywood Photographer Creates Digital Black Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Lalas247(f): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
Welcome to 2017, a year where people are still doing blackface. I mean, come on guys... really?

Despite several incidences of beauty bloggers and makeup artists being called out for doing blackface, it still keeps happening. I would genuinely be interested to wonder why people think this would ever be okay?

According to several reports surrounding the controversial tutorial, Akin also further angered her audiences by using the hashtag #slave and #sadmakeup in the caption for the tutorial. However, not one to take the abuse lying down, Akin has responded to those giving hating on her online, saying that she was simply following the instructions of her director and that the makeup was for an upcoming film which she was working on. Akin says that the reason she had to blackface was because the production company who are in charge of the film were finding it hard to find a black female model.

She hashtag the word slave in her post .. twitter and Instagram comment below
Isn't this offensive?
Your thoughts...

Source:http://vt.co/news/weird/makeup-artist-blackface-cant-find-black-model/?utm_source=vt&utm_medium=junglecreations&utm_campaign=post

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
Slave? Like seriously?
When will racism ever end?She even claimed she couldn't find a black model,really?

28 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Lalas247(f): 9:13pm On Sep 28, 2017
sexybbstar:
Slave? Like seriously?
When will racism ever end?She even claimed she couldn't find a black model,really?
Can't even believe she actually typed that ... in 2017
Who Dafuq is slave sad

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Lalas247(f): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2017
sexybbstar:
Slave? Like seriously?

The excuse is even more disgusting .. she can't find black models ..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
Lalas247:

The excuse is even more disgusting .. she can't find black models ..
can you imagine?Now that her stupidity has been frowned upon by her fellow "whites",i hope she changes her mindset.Slave in this 21st century?

18 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Lalas247(f): 9:22pm On Sep 28, 2017
sexybbstar:
can you imagine?Now that her stupidity has been frowned upon by her fellow "whites",i hope she changes her mindset.Slave in this 21st century?

Yes it was nice to see a lot of clap backs from her race too .. she won't get job after this , only from her fellow racist folks

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Onlinetalk: 9:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
When she was painting her face black....she painted her brain black dat was why she started typing rubbish....idiotic element

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Teewhy2: 9:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
Humans also try to classify themselves higher than one other. The white will wants to believe they are better than the blacks even among the African blacks some countries citizens will want to believe they are greater than other countries citizens and within the country citizens some tribes will also believe they are greater than other tribes.
The world can only be a better place if we live beyond skin colors , tribes and religion.

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Kowor(f): 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
Onlinetalk:
When she was painting her face black....she painted her brain black dat was why she started typing rubbish....idiotic element
Savage

5 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
Before nko?
Why won’t they call you people slave ??
Black girls wan turn white by force
Naija guy wan get foreign accent by force
We submit ourselves to these people voluntarily at our own peril and we want them to treat us like mates ?? Nah

Mental slavery is still very much alive

By the way,besides blackface wey dey sing that year I no know any other blackface o undecided

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Harmored(m): 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
Nah why I no dey blame Gee boys smiley

20 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Omaa1(f): 9:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
Nawao

Such stupidity in this now world
Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by mikool007(m): 9:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
Abii if there is no toothpick you use broom stick grin

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by jbreezy: 9:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
I dont av anytin to say..so itz beta i remain silent widout sayin somtin stewwpeed
Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by kindnyce(m): 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
Make up gone bad
But come to think of it..why slave?
It's horrific thinking about the horrendous experience of slavery

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Adaumunocha(f): 9:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
Costly mistake on her part... She might not even b a racist.

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by moderatorr1: 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2017
Black people are too judgemental
Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by blessedweapon(m): 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
Bobrisky diapers fall on her

ediot sad angry angry angry
Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by introvertedsoul: 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
report her profile as racist.

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by boringnigerian: 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
Silly reason but that is a pretty impressive blackface work.

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Kora74: 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
This is creative
Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
Emulating beauty is a sign of intelligence...the noise about black women lightening their skins and using weave ons seems forced and contrived to me....this woman thinks black skin is beautiful and she's copying it...what's the outcry about? Is imitation not the highest form of flattery? And yes, slavery is a part of the black experience deal with it.

4 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by ndiboy01(m): 9:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
Lalas247:

Source:http://vt.co/news/weird/makeup-artist-blackface-cant-find-black-model/?utm_source=vt&utm_medium=junglecreations&utm_campaign=post

Meanwhile, Trouble is when you're in class
and your dick decides to stand up for no
reason then your teacher calls you to clean
the blackboard.
Lord of mercy
Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Pavore9: 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
I feel indifferent.
Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by introvertedsoul: 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
moderatorr1:
Black people are too judgemental

You are dimwitted.

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Aboguede(m): 9:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
babies everywhere.
COLORED PEOPLE LIKE Whites AND ASIANS ALWAYS ENVY THE BLACKS SO STOP INSULTING AFRICANS OUT OF LACK OF EXPOSURE AND IGNORANCE.

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS AMERICAN CITIZEN BUT EUROPEAN ORIGIN AND WHEN I PUSH HIM IN DEEP DISCURSION HE ALWAYS TELLS ME HOW HE WISH HE WAS BLACK.

BLACK IS BEAUTIFULL BOTH MALE AND FEMALE.

MANY WHITES LOVE DRED LOCKS AND DIE WISHING FOR OUR NATURE.

I AM BLESSED BECAUSE AM BLACK. BLACK SIGNIFY ORIGINAL AND NATURAL

3 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by kevoh(m): 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
Pavore9:
I feel indifferent.
Same here undecided undecided Her makeup game is on point though!

2 Likes

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
ndi ocha sef, nzuzu ha di too much

1 Like

Re: Makeup Artist Does Blackface When She "Can't Find A Black Model" by FemiEddy(m): 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
her fada, Angy55 come and see angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plus-Sized Nigerian Ladies Dance In Bikini As They Contest For Miss Body Of Art / Miss Nigeria USA 2015 Contestants / Lady's Head Bleeds After Braiding Her Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.