Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 (6893 Views)

What Nuhu Ribadu Wrote About Atiku In 2010 When He Was EFCC Chairman / Throwback Pictures Of "Where Is Umaru Yar'adua?" Protest In 2010 / Boko Haram Commander Who Escaped From Prison In 2010 Arrested By DSS In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by Opoki(m): 11:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
shinebabe:
Isnt this something that should be on front page? Especially today being independence day. Maybe this thread will help upcoming techies learn the ways to go about starting up and knowing the pit falls they should expect in the rough road.

Lalasticlala how far?

Thanks op for bringing this up, and for @mantiger, I expect to see more of your research/ inventions. Who says you can't even get finding through Nairaland if you know how to go about it?

Make Lalasticlala put this thing on the front page nah. This worth sharing atleast!
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by peeps4u: 9:39am On Oct 02, 2017
You said you were a commercial student?
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by emmanuelpopson(m): 10:26am On Oct 02, 2017
space book for further comment when hit front page
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by donjazet(m): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2017
DSTV STILL GET FANS SO??

LIKE FOR TSTV

SHARE FOR DSTV.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ManTiger(m): 11:09am On Oct 02, 2017
Opoki:

Make Lalasticlala put this thing on the front page nah. This worth sharing atleast!
Yea, thanks so much for your encouragement, we are 3 brothers and our youngest brother is currently studying in Canada, whe have tons of research and the latest one we are currently pursuing is called CIEID, it is solely to enhance children's education because we believe that children are 20% of our current population but 100% of our future. Our facebook page and twitter handle is @CieidWorldWide, My twitter handle is @MideMrPossible, I share stories about my life from time to time in a comical way, the truth is when I did this research, I was just 22yrs Old, fresh graduate, no job, no source of income but I never let the innovation lead me to destruction, many has been showing their displeasure through my emails and DM how stupid I was but I wasn't stupid, the system made all of us handicapped! There is more we can all do if there is an enabling environment.

Thanks once again.

4 Likes

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ManTiger(m): 11:16am On Oct 02, 2017
peeps4u:
You said you were a commercial student?
Yes! I did Economics, Commerce, Account, I love science but I had poor background in secondary school so in SS1, I had issues with balancing equation in chemistry so I was demoted to commercial class but my flair for science continues. I read extensively especially principle of physics, 5th edition and I got my background from it I also have an uncle who went to technical school and later Polytechnics, he made circuit board for devices when I was in primary school, he make exact replicate of radio mother board and I learnt some skills from him too.

2 Likes

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ManTiger(m): 11:17am On Oct 02, 2017
shinebabe:
Isnt this something that should be on front page? Especially today being independence day. Maybe this thread will help upcoming techies learn the ways to go about starting up and knowing the pit falls they should expect in the rough road.

Lalasticlala how far?

Thanks op for bringing this up, and for @mantiger, I expect to see more of your research/ inventions. Who says you can't even get finding through Nairaland if you know how to go about it?

Yea, thanks so much for your encouragement, we are 3 brothers and our youngest brother is currently studying in Canada, whe have tons of research and the latest one we are currently pursuing is called CIEID, it is solely to enhance children's education because we believe that children are 20% of our current population but 100% of our future. Our facebook page and twitter handle is @CieidWorldWide, My twitter handle is @MideMrPossible, I share stories about my life from time to time in a comical way, the truth is when I did this research, I was just 22yrs Old, fresh graduate, no job, no source of income but I never let the innovation lead me to destruction, many has been showing their displeasure through my emails and DM how stupid I was but I wasn't stupid, the system made all of us handicapped! There is more we can all do if there is an enabling environment.

Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ManTiger(m): 11:25am On Oct 02, 2017
Easy5265, pls contact me via my handle @MideMrPossible, I don't have access to my email to reply DM at a moment.
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by peeps4u: 11:58am On Oct 02, 2017
ManTiger:

Yes! I did Economics, Commerce, Account, I love science but I had poor background in secondary school so in SS1, I had issues with balancing equation in chemistry so I was demoted to commercial class but my flair for science continues. I read extensively especially principle of physics, 5th edition and I got my background from it I also have an uncle who went to technical school and later Polytechnics, he made circuit board for devices when I was in primary school, he make exact replicate of radio mother board and I learnt some skills from him too.

WOW, I can only wish you well bro.

1 Like

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by Marcelo290(m): 12:16pm On Oct 02, 2017
Great one bro, more power to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by Opoki(m): 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
I'm hurting because we chose to celebrate mediocrity in this country, these are kind of thread that suppose to make headlines but just imagine what is on front page, imagine how many researches lying all around without being exploited, imagine how much developed and how much the end user could have saved if we have had this kind of technology years back and we are trying to create awareness for this young man but the mod just ignore the thread! Nawa for this country o. undecided cry

4 Likes

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by tutudesz: 2:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
ManTiger:
Easy5265, pls contact me via my handle @MideMrPossible, I don't have access to my email to reply DM at a moment.
Would like to introduce you to some investors if that is OK with you?

2 Likes

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by vecman22(m): 2:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
ManTiger:

Lol. my brother, serious streaming, I downloaded chunks of it, but it was killing me softly, I wasn't living a fulfilled life, not having money to proceed with other researches was killing plus I was a commercial student, so I had to get my basics from principle of Physics, 5th edition precisely, majorly I was reading extensively online, sending applications to secure a job and streaming all dem bangbros site.

For those who might be thinking I gave up my dream, the frustration was massive, If i don't let the device and the wild imagination/thought go, perhaps I would have been living a fugitive life by now because I was able to make some powerful discoveries and all sort of unethical hacking which later become loopholes many people with no real source of income like HushPuppi are using to defraud. I had the means to go dip into unethical hacking especially after making friends with faceless people from China, Russia, Bangladesh etc. but I rather dump the idea and fortunately someone set me up and the whole box of research was stolen and I vow never to go through the stress all over again!

Attached was my draft back then.

Going through your story was worth it..your time shall surly come IJN..amen.

Bro please what platform can I use to meet IT guys from China

1 Like

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by Opoki(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
tutudesz:

Would like to introduce you to some investors if that is OK with you?
Mantiger, drop your contact, this might just be your time bro.
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
ManTiger:

Bro. i wish you could leave Nigeria and develop yourself in a country that will appreciate you...
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by policy12: 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
ManTiger:

I am interested please can we talk. I will follow u at your handle now.
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by OCTAVO: 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Nice
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by Supersuave2(m): 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
Wow!
Lalasticlala seun you guys should help a brother by showcasing him at least

1 Like

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ratcockoduduwa: 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2017
Good
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by laudate: 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
ManTiger:
Guy, some research are too big to consume all alone I know this because I am the owner of the twitter handle. I lived in an environment where there was no electricity, to accomplish the research alone then was a very difficult task and not getting motivation or someone to show interest in the idea was killing me by leading me into depression gently.

I did tried everything to get one of these PayTv to listen to my plea but they turned deaf hear, enjoying free browsing cannot solve my problem because I run generator to power the PC and my PC back up was so poor that it can only last for 45min.

I needed $2220 to document and license the invention back then according to AORCS (US Attorney), I raise and sent over $1000+ to the lawyer that was meant to facilitate it and get an angel investor to invest in the idea but I also ended up being scammed!

Put yourself in my shoe and imagine how difficult life was as a fresh graduate!
But you could have engaged lawyers in Nigeria, to document and file patents & trademarks for you here, locally. Why use an American lawyer?

1 Like

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by laudate: 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
ManTiger:

Thanks once again.
Why don't you try bringing up your research again? Today there are tech centres like CCHub, Venture Platform, Start Innovation Hub , and other business incubation hubs that support start ups, which you might be able to work with and develop your applications. Some of them could also introduce you to venture capitalists, who might be interested in funding your innovation. But you would need to do a proper documentation and business plan, to get them to look at your project. Surf the web for the info you need. Good luck.
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:41pm On Oct 02, 2017
oweniwe:

It's not that easy getting investors in Nigeria. If someone come to you for 10million to start a biz, start up biz o.... U go give am?

Either work, save.and use Ur money to start Ur biz or if u are lucky, manage get a job with a company in the line if business, save up and go start your own company.

That's how Tony Elumelu started UBA.

Not UBA, it's Standard Trust Bank (STB)
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
theSpark:
That's why we don't progress. Some persons are okay with the status quo. They make money from it.

This is the bane of underdevelopment in Nigeria.

Like the poster said, if electricity problems are tackled, majority of Nigeria's problems will be solved but some don't want that because they benefit from it.

3 Likes

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
Supersuave2:
Wow!
Lalasticlala seun you guys should help a brother by showcasing him at least

They won't do that but if the topic was about snakes and body exposure/slaying, you'll see such on front page.

4 Likes

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by Supersuave2(m): 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2017
ferhyntorlah:

They won't do that but if the topic was about snakes and body exposure/slaying, you'll see such on front page.
which makes me wonder sometimes if they are here for Nigerians or their pockets

2 Likes

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by tdayof(m): 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
ManTiger:

Guy, some research are too big to consume all alone I know this because I am the owner of the twitter handle.
I lived in an environment where there was no electricity, to accomplish the research alone then was a very difficult task and not getting motivation or someone to show interest in the idea was killing me by leading me into depression gently.

I did tried everything to get one of these PayTv to listen to my plea but they turned deaf hear, enjoying free browsing cannot solve my problem because I run generator to power the PC and my PC back up was so poor that it can only last for 45min.

I needed $2220 to document and license the invention back then according to AORCS (US Attorney), I raise and sent over $1000+ to the lawyer that was meant to facilitate it and get an angel investor to invest in the idea but I also ended up being scammed!

Put yourself in my shoe and imagine how difficult life was as a fresh graduate!

Sounds like a great idea, you could have gone for a patent first before putting a royalty on your invention /innovation.

Moreover, are you sure it's the same technological process as yours tstv is using? It might end up being something different entirely you know? You can find out and If it's not, you can still file for a patent.
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ManTiger(m): 11:57am On Oct 03, 2017
vecman22:

Going through your story was worth it..your time shall surly come IJN..amen.

Bro please what platform can I use to meet IT guys from China
hmmmm, there are many Chinese forum and with the use of google translate, you can communicate, when if you can get the old yahoo messager, there is a chatroom for aspiring programmers from all over the world, you will find more chinese and russians that can speak english, they may ignore you if your ISP look too regular, they may also ignore you if you sound desperate and look too ordinary! I hope you find this information helpful
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ManTiger(m): 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2017
tdayof:

Sounds like a great idea, you could have gone for a patent first before putting a royalty on your invention /innovation.

Moreover, are you sure it's the same technological process as yours tstv is using? It might end up being something different entirely you know? You can find out and If it's not, you can still file for a patent.

I just lost interest, though I've been receiving a lot of commendation and encouragement very lately, I will design something more cheaper with no recurrent subscription[b][/b], not for the money to be accrued from it but for the general development. Don't say its not possible because there are many satellite footprint i've seen lying useless/abandoned in the space for over 10yrs.
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ManTiger(m): 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
nunamyeong:

Bro. i wish you could leave Nigeria and develop yourself in a country that will appreciate you...
Thanks bro this was exactly what lead me to NL in 2013 after an agent scammed me, I now have a little monster/bro in Canada studying, he is the arrowhead.

1 Like

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ManTiger(m): 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
laudate:

Why don't you try bringing up your research again? Today there are tech centres like CCHub, Venture Platform, Start Innovation Hub , and other business incubation hubs that support start ups, which you might be able to work with and develop your applications. Some of them could also introduce you to venture capitalists, who might be interested in funding your innovation. But you would need to do a proper documentation and business plan, to get them to look at your project. Surf the web for the info you need. Good luck.
Yea, lets just say I'm not motivated to run to these people again, the depression I always go through after every rejection of my idea is always massive, so I just keep brainstorming and keep documenting, sadly i'm a commercial student and when I relate with young scientist, they use terms and talk in a way to make me look like a dummie grin grin grin.

4 Likes

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by ManTiger(m): 12:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
Opoki:
I'm hurting because we chose to celebrate mediocrity in this country, these are kind of thread that suppose to make headlines but just imagine what is on front page, imagine how many researches lying all around without being exploited, imagine how much developed and how much the end user could have saved if we have had this kind of technology years back and we are trying to create awareness for this young man but the mod just ignore the thread! Nawa for this country o. undecided cry
Don't be hurt sir, the system is rigged to enslave the poor.

1 Like

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by hablink: 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
When your time comes, nothing can stop it. Keep pushing on, don't be discouraged.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Isreal's Advisory Committee report on Igbos, For its Ongoing Jewish Research / Northern Governors, Gbajabiamila, Celebrate SGF Mustapha At 65 / Sanwo-Olu Inaugurates Members Of Palliative Advisory Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.