Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,716 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo (16795 Views)

Bagudu: Why APC Governors Are Pushing For NEC Meeting / Obaseki: Some APC Governors Are Supporting Me / Afenifere: Why SouthWest Governors Are Scared Of Taking Actions Against Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 29, 2017
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said that state governors are more powerful than President Muhammad Buhari or any other Nigerian President.

Obasanjo speaking with africanarguments in an up close and a little too personal interview said ‘In fact, state governors are more powerful than the president. That’s the truth’

He also said President Buhari has not done enough on unemployment and recession saying “Buhari has made some announcements. He has tried to keep on going in the area of agribusiness, but not enough. It is not yet enough to prepare the ground for uninhibited growth of the economy, which we need”.

He further said that he believes that President Buhari can do more for the youths area of empowerment saying: “All youth in Nigeria have legitimate reasons to feel frustrated and angry,”

He advised that if “youth empowerment, skill acquisition and youth employment – education are provided ‘’the ticking bomb of possible youth explosion out of restiveness and anger will subside.”

He went on to say that many of those who are agitating or protesting for the sovereign state of Biafra do not know why they are doing so.

“The protesters don’t even know what the struggle is all about, but if it gives them false hope, why not hang onto it?”

“Let the elders handle it or ignore it until it loses momentum,”
“There are elders in any community who are still respected…After all, they’re their fathers and mothers, grandfathers and grandmothers, and can still be used effectively.” he said.

On federalism Obasanjo said he does not not believe in it and that those talking about devaluation and true federalism don’t know what they are talking about.

“I don’t believe in true federalism. What is true federalism?
“Why are they not accountable? What powers do they not have?”,
““In fact, state governors are more powerful than the president. That’s the truth,”
‘If anybody tells you they want devolution or true federalism, he doesn’t know what he is talking about.
. “The fact anybody talks about it doesn’t mean it’s right.” he said.

On the N20,000 said to be in his account before he became president in 1999 he said he was a wealth man despite that and that even then he had the largest poultry farm before in Africa then.

“Come off it. I had the largest poultry farm before I became president, the largest in Africa. The fact I have N20,000 in my account does not mean I’m not wealthy,”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/state-governors-powerful-president-obasanjo/amp/

1 Like

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by hatchy(f): 7:07am On Sep 29, 2017
This man sef!

I think old age have really beclouded your sense of reasoning such that you still believe 2017 is 2007 or 1967.

The agitation going on is a result of systematic looting of our common wealth by you and your cronies,the ruling class.
You,the fathers,grandfathers and elders are the root cause of our problems.

Why are you the political class afraid of true federalism if they are not beneficiary of the warped system.
This problems can only be genuinely addressed if there is restructuring of the polity and every imbalances corrected.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by Florblu(f): 7:16am On Sep 29, 2017
Like he's in anyway better

8 Likes

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by aolawale025: 7:26am On Sep 29, 2017
At this stage, OBJ should speak less

10 Likes

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by BabaRamota1980: 7:32am On Sep 29, 2017
If Obasanjo was a king he would be a bad one. Kings are not heard everytime, everywhere on everything....Obasanjo will not adhere to this expectation and will soon be viewed as a peer.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by Omeokachie: 7:37am On Sep 29, 2017
Hahahahaha...

Elrufai ordered the police commissioner to arrest arewa youth, and he was simply ignored!

Ikpeazu claimed that military will withdraw from the streets of Aba and Umuahia, and the army came out to refute his claims!

Can a governor order EFCC to go arrest a staff in the presidency?

Can the service chiefs take order from a state governor?

Why did Obasanjo not choose to become the governor of Ogun state instead of scheming to elongate his stay as president?

Abeg make I dey go joor, OBJ don dey mis-yarn.

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by Chikpat(m): 7:55am On Sep 29, 2017
Two things I know;
1) This z reasonable. 2) Fayose can never be president of Nigeria in 2019 and beyond.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by FSBoperator: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2017
fool

3 Likes

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by yeyeboi(m): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2017
Ok
Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by free2ryhme: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by cockcrowatdawn(m): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2017
ok even if it is true is it not a proof that there is something wrong with the system,what happens to the third tier of government?Nigeria surely needs a whole lot of restructuring that should be done by referendum representing what the people want and not what buhari nor apc wants.

3 Likes

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by free2ryhme: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2017
naijastoryz:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/state-governors-powerful-president-obasanjo/amp/

Obj should have vied for the post of Ogun state governor if truly state governors are powerful than the president. Baba should just retire in peace to his ota farm instead of spewing gibberish everywhere.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 29, 2017
What's baba iyabo saying
Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by steveyoungwealth: 9:16am On Sep 29, 2017
really
Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by DerscomTQJ: 9:16am On Sep 29, 2017
A lie

1 Like

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by stepup2know: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2017
OBODO NDI ALA. CLUELESS COUNTRY.

14 Likes

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by free2ryhme: 9:18am On Sep 29, 2017
Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by donnie(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2017
Why are they afraid of restructuring?
Answer: they prefer the status quo.
But The change the Lord has started in this nation is not of man so no human being can stop it.

Nigeria will be restructured.

3 Likes

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by ipobarecriminals: 9:19am On Sep 29, 2017
powerful but most of them aren't sound upstairs aka Fayose(But baba we kbw how u make Fayose runz during ur first tenure.power. pass power. oo)

2 Likes

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 29, 2017
Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by iamchybs(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2017
ambode is
Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by Promismike(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2017
Make we day decieve Una. Zombiesss!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by Moreoffaith(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2017
Ok
Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by twentyk(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2017
like if you think MAN UTD is really really baCK...
for the past 3 seasons i have endured,lack of respect,abuse etc from people
NOW IM BACK....FEELS GOOD TO BE A UNITED FAN...

1 Like

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2017
[s]
FSBoperator:
fool
[/s]

1 Like

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by adeleke5157: 9:21am On Sep 29, 2017
Obj looking for excuse not to support APC and BUHARI in 2019.He knows they have failed to deliver their electoral mandate.

But OBJ should be an elder stateman by now, he should not be partisan ,just like TY DANJUMA

1 Like

Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by admax(m): 9:21am On Sep 29, 2017
ok
Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by MTKbudapest(m): 9:22am On Sep 29, 2017
This man is mad.

Pls obj u need to see ur doctor.

I cant wait to see ur obituary cos u are the most corrupt person in this country.

U no go die beta.
Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:22am On Sep 29, 2017
[s]
Henrybet56:
It took me so much risk to get to where I am now and I wish u take your step to become someone today call or Whatsapp me on the number showing below for sure fixed match ready and available for today not free at all meant for serious minded people only
[/s]
Re: State Governors Are More Powerful Than The President – Obasanjo by Viergeachar: 9:27am On Sep 29, 2017
Obasanjo! You are very wrong here!!
Nigeria MUST be restructured!!!

States must generate their real revenue and pay royalties to the centre. Enough of going to Abuja for federal allocation. That's why we are where we are today. Poor and corrupt. What is currently shared is not enough to do anything meaningful including paying salaries; hence it gets looted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soyinka: Any State Where Children Are Kidnapped Should Shut Down In Protest / President Returns To Abuja After Commissioning Legacy Projects In Kogi / Rivers High Court Docks Cletus Ibeto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.