Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,276 members, 7,807,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. (1028 Views)

Breaking News: Jonathan Escapes Assasination In Bayelsa - Spy Nigeria / Wike SA On Media And Publicity Escape Assasination In PH / $20bn Oil Money: Editor Who Gave Clues Flees Nigeria After Assasination Attempt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by metalgong5(m): 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2010
Oyo PDP chief assassinated Friday, 05 March 2010 00:00 Nigerian Compass
•Alao-Akala, others condemn act

THE fold of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo State was depleted on Wednesday night.

Its Atiba Local Government Area Chairman, Alhaji Azeez Adegbile, was assassinated by a yet-to-be-identified three-man gang.

Adegbile 55, was murdered in his sleep at his Odunerin Compound home around Akodudu area of Isale Oyo about 11.50 am.

He was allegedly shot through the window leading to the main street which was left opened.

After shooting Adegbile, the assailants allegedly poured petrol in the room and set it ablaze, but it was learnt that the fire was put out by neighbours who rushed him to the General Hospital where he was confirmed dead.

Special Adviser to Governor Adebayo Alao Akala on Media, Prince Dotun Oyalade, said in a statement that “the death of the PDP Chairman in Atiba is disturbing, callous and a total aberration, considering the relative peace in the party in the state. We will cooperate fully with the police in bringing the perpetrators to book.”

Police Commissioner, Bola Bolanta, who visited the scene with his assistants, said that investigation had commenced into the crime.

It was learnt that Adegbile had attended a meeting that day with some party members where he allegedly deferred from the powers-that-be in the party.

According to the source “the chairman had a meeting with some members in the local government where it was said that he should not go to a rally to be organised by an aspirant into the House of Representatives, Oyo Federal Constituency.

He insisted on going, even with his executive members and that if he went and they were not satisfied, they could kill him.”
The rally could, however, not hold, due to the killing.
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by metalgong5(m): 7:00pm On Mar 05, 2010
Yoruba men what is happening? cry
Judging by this trend, one can easily predict that before 2011 elections, all weak Yoruba politician must have been assasinated.
You guys should emulate Anambra politics and get rid of the yoruba do or die politics.
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by Fhemmmy: 7:01pm On Mar 05, 2010
Do we always have to do this kinda politics?
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by mekuszyx: 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Do we always have to do this kinda politics?

Who are we? Talk for your Yoruba brothers who do do or die politics. Thanks
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Mar 05, 2010
mekuszyx:

Who are we? Talk for your Yoruba brothers who do do or die politics. Thanks
I know your tribal mind, and i am not into that. . . . . I am a Nigeria and love all Nigerian regardless of where they are from
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by AndreUweh(m): 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2010
They should look up to God for solution. My personal opinion.
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by mamagee3(f): 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2010
First, it was hausa now it's Yoruba. . . shocked shocked
It looks like Nigeria is fast going into Civil War
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by Fhemmmy: 7:48pm On Mar 05, 2010
mama-gee:

First, it was hausa now it's Yoruba. . . shocked shocked
It looks like Nigeria is fast going into Civil War

Seems like that is the path they are threading
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 05, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I know your tribal mind, and i am not into that. . . . . I am a Nigeria and love all Nigerian regardless of where they are from
That was Chinese you just spoke to Meku. Him/ his minions tribal minds are hardly able to comprehend the meaning of that you just said. Wait till they flood this thread with their usual nonsense.

@Topic
I kinda gave up on Nigerian politics a while ago.
They're like lil mince kitties trying to play with the last Yarn.
Instead of trying to use that yarn to patch up Nigeria.
If my opinion counts [which I know it doesnt in Nigeria's actual politic], I'd say the 3 major tribes of Nigeria be eradicated from Abuja.

"I am not Nigerian, I am Ekiti" grin grin [That was sarcasm, so plz dont hyperventilate on my quote]
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by slap1(m): 9:15pm On Mar 05, 2010
Have fingers been pointed to the opposition yet?
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by CyberG: 9:19pm On Mar 05, 2010
Oyo PDP? Akala quickly "condemns" it?? The more you look, the less you see! The kokoro (caterpillar) that eats the vegetable is right on the leaf of the vegetable! Akala, this is not far from your handiwork!
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by Fhemmmy: 9:21pm On Mar 05, 2010
FL Gators:

That was Chinese you just spoke to Meku. Him/ his minions tribal minds are hardly able to comprehend the meaning of that you just said. Wait till they flood this thread with their usual nonsense.

@Topic
I kinda gave up on Nigerian politics a while ago.
They're like lil mince kitties trying to play with the last Yarn.
Instead of trying to use that yarn to patch up Nigeria.
If my opinion counts [which I know it doesnt in Nigeria's actual politic], I'd say the 3 major tribes of Nigeria be eradicated from Abuja.

"I am not Nigerian, I am Ekiti" grin grin [That was sarcasm, so plz dont hyperventilate on my quote]

I can only imagine
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by metalgong5(m): 12:58am On Mar 06, 2010
Another Politician murdered in Oyo state within two days.
Please Yoruba men, What is happening? . . I guess the sins of Awolowo is now hunting Yorubaland.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/528-ac-chairmanship-aspirant-murdered.html

AC Chairmanship Aspirant Murdered
A chairmanship aspirant on the platform of Action Congress (AC), in Ward II of Ibadan South East Local Government area of Oyo State, Hon. Taiwo Falade, was yesterday murdered by gunmen at his Odo-Oba, Ibadan, residence.

An eye witness who wished to remain anonymous said the incident happened around 4.30 p.m. during a peace meeting among members of the party hosted by the deceased.

“We were about to round off the peace meeting when we heard gun shots and subsequent shout by the residents that armed robbers were around.

However, before we could peep outside from the sitting room where the meeting was being held, the assassins who were fully armed and four in number had climbed the staircase and ordered everybody into the sitting room. They then asked for the whereabouts of R.O. Shittu who happens to be a friend of the deceased. Failing to locate him, they pounced on late Falade and marched him down to the ground floor. They then told him to run away.While the deceased was running for his dear life,the assassins rained bullets on him, the eyewitness said.

An AC member, Alhaji Nuru Ishola who spoke with Saturday Tribune at the scene of the incident said that a disagreement broke out among members of the party at a meeting held last Wednesday.

According to him, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in the area was informed of the dispute. Today’s meeting was meant to resolve the disagreement before the dastard act was perpetrated, he said.

A former chairman of Ibadan South East Local government, Hon. Yahaya Akinbile, under whose late Falade served as a supervisor said that one could not link the squabbles in the party to the incident. According to him, “there are squabbles here and there, and AC is not an exception, he said.

Another eyewitness said the assassins who came in a Honda saloon car, had earlier stationed themselves at strategic places immediately they arrived the area.

The remains of the late politician was later carried away in a police vehicle with registration No. NPF 1114C.

In a telephone chat, Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Bola Baolanta confirmed that the incident happened around 5.00 p.m. and that investigation had started to unravel those behind the murder.
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by Fhemmmy: 1:01am On Mar 06, 2010
Now this is sad, people need to learn how to live and let other live
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by bawomolo(m): 2:14am On Mar 06, 2010
ha 2011 is getting very close.
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by slap1(m): 7:51am On Mar 06, 2010
i love my imo state!
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by igboboy1(m): 1:52pm On Mar 06, 2010
metal-gong:

Yoruba men what is happening? cry
Judging by this trend, one can easily predict that before 2011 elections, all weak Yoruba politician must have been assasinated.
You guys should emulate Anambra politics and get rid of the yoruba do or die politics.
mechi onu gi, cos in igboland assassination happens,
No ethnic group has monopoly on that
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by Shoot2Kill: 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2010
You people really dont know what is going on.You are obviously clueless.Have you for one second thought of it that these corrupt men are been eliminated by a vigilante group?

This is just the beginning ,we have been warning you corrupt politicians but you dont want to listen.OBASANJO watch out,your JUJU will fail soon.Keep escaping ,we will get you soon.
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by Shoot2Kill: 3:58pm On Mar 06, 2010
metal-gong:

Another Politician murdered in Oyo state within two days.
Please Yoruba men, What is happening? . . I guess the sins of Awolowo is now hunting Yorubaland.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/528-ac-chairmanship-aspirant-murdered.html

AC Chairmanship Aspirant Murdered
A chairmanship aspirant on the platform of Action Congress (AC), in Ward II of Ibadan South East Local Government area of Oyo State, Hon. Taiwo Falade, was yesterday murdered by gunmen at his Odo-Oba, Ibadan, residence.

An eye witness who wished to remain anonymous said the incident happened around 4.30 p.m. during a peace meeting among members of the party hosted by the deceased.

“We were about to round off the peace meeting when we heard gun shots and subsequent shout by the residents that armed robbers were around.

However, before we could peep outside from the sitting room where the meeting was being held, the assassins who were fully armed and four in number had climbed the staircase and ordered everybody into the sitting room. They then asked for the whereabouts of R.O. Shittu who happens to be a friend of the deceased. Failing to locate him, they pounced on late Falade and marched him down to the ground floor. They then told him to run away.While the deceased was running for his dear life,the assassins rained bullets on him, the eyewitness said.

An AC member, Alhaji Nuru Ishola who spoke with Saturday Tribune at the scene of the incident said that a disagreement broke out among members of the party at a meeting held last Wednesday.

According to him, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in the area was informed of the dispute. Today’s meeting was meant to resolve the disagreement before the dastard act was perpetrated, he said.

A former chairman of Ibadan South East Local government, Hon. Yahaya Akinbile, under whose late Falade served as a supervisor said that one could not link the squabbles in the party to the incident. According to him, “there are squabbles here and there, and AC is not an exception, he said.

Another eyewitness said the assassins who came in a Honda saloon car, had earlier stationed themselves at strategic places immediately they arrived the area.

The remains of the late politician was later carried away in a police vehicle with registration No. NPF 1114C.

In a telephone chat, Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Bola Baolanta confirmed that the incident happened around 5.00 p.m. and that investigation had started to unravel those behind the murder.

Shop for a brain because you obviously have none.You are talking about something that is way above you.Stick to what you know and let real Nigerians go to WORK.
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by metalgong5(m): 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2010
igbo boy:

mechi onu gi, cos in igboland assassination happens,
No ethnic group has monopoly on that
Shut up!! I dont have time for silly cover ups or analogies.
My state just concluded their gubernatorial election, how many people were killed? Nada.

Shoot2Kill:

You people really dont know what is going on.You are obviously clueless.Have you for one second thought of it that these corrupt men are been eliminated by a vigilante group?

This is just the beginning ,we have been warning you corrupt politicians but you dont want to listen.OBASANJO watch out,your JUJU will fail soon.Keep escaping ,we will get you soon.

Bloody kleptomaniac!! It is your types that are behind all these political killings in Yoruba land.
Re: Another Political Assasination In Yoruba Land. by Shoot2Kill: 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2010
metal-gong:

Shut up!! I dont have time for silly cover ups or analogies.
My state just concluded their gubernatorial election, how many people were killed? Nada.

Bloody kleptomaniac!! It is your types that are behind all these political killings in Yoruba land.

Let me break it down for you. In this new Era, this is equation:

Corruption + Politics = Death

No more sit down and look for people like me. Our eyes are on these evil men and they must all be wiped out.

Blood must flow for the citizens to be free of this cancer called politics that plagues our homeland. Please understand that is not about PDP or AC, this is about corrupt men who continue to enslave us. We will hit them and they will never see us coming because we are better trained, we are from overseas and we are coordinated. We don’t demand ransoms, we take corrupt lives. For so long they have underestimated ordinary Nigerians as a bunch of “bloody civilians”, well a few of those civilians are extremely fed up.

This is not a full scale war , this is a covert war. We are like shadows, we are in and we are out but we leave behind a mark that will never be forgotten. Underground we shall remain but havoc we shall wreck in the realms of the corrupt and wicked.

You may hate my likes now but by the time Nigeria get backs back on it's feet and start to have a democracy that resembles that of Ghana or Botswana you will be thanking me. Sit back, relax and enjoy the movie, there are more surprises coming.

Those so called untouchables are going 6 feet under in a hail of hot lead. I guarantee you that.

Ekiti ,Kwara, Osun ………………………watch out.

(1) (Reply)

Petroleum In The North / Man RRaped Dog To Death In The West / Kaduna State Has Only 3 Physics Teachers’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.