Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix (22742 Views)

Professional Car Diagnosis And Repairs In Kaduna / Car Diagnosis And Repair (home Service) In Ibadan 08167469103.. / ❗️❗️Car Scanning/Diagnosis In Ibadan 08167469103 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Good luck bro wink
Maybe that's little needed. If he gets a good complete engine, it might have the valve with its vacuum lines and a throttle body. So the problems get swept away. There remains one or two other things. And this is where the luck comes in. If those other things are good all's well, if not then a new engine will be unavailing.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by OPUSDEI1(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2017
Fear Nissan, fear P1130!
I believe we are all here to learn. I have had the same model of car with same problem come to my workshop for diagnosis and the issue was resolved by a colleague for 30k. The best info I could get from him was that it was vacuum related. Talk about trade secrets.

Replacing the engine MAY solve the problem, but the problem is not with the engine, that I can assure you. Solving P1130 on its own will be way cheaper.

3 Likes

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2017
nurey:

... this car type could be my next ride God willing.
Count on my support. Lol.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2017
Costee:

Maybe that's little needed. If he gets a good complete engine, it might have the valve with its vacuum lines and a throttle body. So the problems get swept away. There remains one or two other things. And this is where the luck comes in. If those other things are good all's well, if not then a new engine will be unavailing.

I have seen engines that came with their own extra wahala
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I have seen engines that came with their own extra wahala
You don't seem to want this problem to be swept away.Then I accuse you of derailing this thread. grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2017
Enough of derailing let continue !!
Back to the theory of operation of swirl control solenoid!! The reason we are actually making a study out of this solenoid it is to see if it possible for a defective swirl control solenoid to cause rev issue(as claimed by costee) .
If we study it together holistically ,we should be able to draw an objective conclusion on what is the worst possible symptoms a defective swirl control system can cause even if we have a defective ecu that refuse to trigger the solenoid !!!(as claimed by nurey)
We are all learning together cool !!!
Below is the schematic diagram of the swirl control system:y.
A Swirl control vary the length of the intake tract - in order to optimise power and torque across the range of engine speed operation, as well as help provide better
fuel efficiency -from wikepdia

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2017
Let check the manufacturer manual on the theory of operation !!

The swirl control valve is located in the intake passage of each cylinder and it closes or opens depending on the prevailing conditions. Default is open status rather close and when it is closed that the ecu is in action . And for it to remain close this 3 conditions must be maintained
1.Engine temperature between 10 and 55 C
2.Low engine speed operation
3.Idling .
which means anything outside of this condition the ecu will not trigger the solenoid I e the solenoid will remain open!!
But we need to dive further on what actually happens when the valve open and wen it closes on the engines performance.
When the valve closes ,the velocity of air in the intake passage increases promoting the vaporisation of the fuel and producing swirl in the combustion chambers therefore optimising low speed engine torque condition!!
Ordinary speaking ,close valve will reduce the overall volume of the air intake manifold and reduce the pressure and thereby a acting like a barrier to flow of air .At idle and low speed condition ,power needed to run the engine is minimum as compared to high speed condition .Hence the whole essence of closing this valve is to reduce fuel consumption and conserve power with better torque!!
However ,what happen at open valve ,the air intake system in increased and thus guarantee more air inflow and overall volumetric efficiency is increase and thereby gaining the maximum power output.
Therefore the ecu will not trigger the solenoid when power is needed at high speed .
So a bad ecu that refuse to trigger the solenoid will only affect fuel and stability(torque )at low speed negatively only but will still be good for high speed conditions!!!
So drawing from this inference a bad ecu will not affect rev at high speed !!
And same thing will be applicable to stuck open solenoid .
So we only have stuck close solenoid to contest with cos the possibility is truly there !!! cheesy
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hey autologic, what about the throttle body fuse and relay and the throttle sensor

Not a car tech, but I just watched YouTube, lol.

Have you ruled those out
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by menstrualpad: 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:
Enough of derailing let continue !!
Back to the theory of operation of swirl control solenoid!! The reason we are actually making a study out of this solenoid it is to see if it possible for a defective swirl control solenoid to cause rev issue(as claimed by costee) .
If we study it together holistically ,we should be able to draw an objective conclusion on what is the worst possible symptoms a defective swirl control system can cause even if we have a defective ecu that refuse to trigger the solenoid !!!(as claimed by nurey)
We are all learning together cool !!!
Below is the schematic diagram of the swirl control system

The fact that a particular cylinder soaks plug in oil is still not full proof that the engine must be changed!

If anything...the reality of it not revving beyond 2000rpm indicates another underlying issue.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2017
So what we truly need to confirm is wether a stuck close swirl solenoid can affect the engine rev( though I don't think so ) but the possibility is there!!
So we now proceed to the R & D lab to start the practical demonstration!! grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
menstrualpad:

The fact that a particular cylinder soaks plug in oil is still not full proof that the engine must be changed!

If anything...the reality of it not revving beyond 2000rpm indicates another underlying issue.
like I said earlier I don't engage in unending argument that is not back up with scientific facts. A car is a product of science ,so it works based on a laid down principle ,any of your assertion must have a logical basis!!
We prove that wen we get to the practical demonstration stage cool

1 Like

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:
Hey autologic, what about the throttle body fuse and relay and the throttle sensor

Not a car tech, but I just watched YouTube, lol.

Have you ruled those out
All those are have overrule since year 2000BC grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by menstrualpad: 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

We prove that we get to lab cool
I will only believe an independent panel consisting of Gazzuzz, Costee and opusdei.... Not castigating you though. Purely scientific reasons.

If you meet the m272 engine on a bad day caked and soaking plugs not revving .... Engine change ni abi?
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2017
menstrualpad:

I will only believe an independent panel consisting of Gazzuzz, Costee and opusdei.... Not castigating you though. Purely scientific reasons.

If you meet the m272 engine on a bad day caked and soaking plugs not revving .... Engine change ni abi?
Seems u don't believe in this experiments then no reason for u to continue to follow thus thread again cos it a waste on time on your part !!!
Cos your unbelieve don't change the reality on ground!!!
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2017
OPUSDEI1:
Fear Nissan, fear P1130!
I believe we are all here to learn. I have had the same model of car with same problem come to my workshop for diagnosis and the issue was resolved by a colleague for 30k. The best info I could get from him was that it was vacuum related. Talk about trade secrets.

Replacing the engine MAY solve the problem, but the problem is not with the engine, that I can assure you. Solving P1130 on its own will be way cheaper.
If you have taken time to do your due diligence on the issue ,you would have been able to demystify this issue cos everything has it own principle ,study it and you become its master.Quote by will Smith "God place the best thing in life at the other side of terror " grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by menstrualpad: 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

Seems u don't believe in this experiments then no reason for u to continue to follow thus thread again cos it a waste on time on your part !!!
Cos your unbelieve don't change the reality on ground!!!
I will still follow to learn.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
menstrualpad:

I said that is my business decision ,na by force !!! cheesy grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

All those are have overrule since year 2000BC grin

Lol, na wa oh

but as someone said though, I don't think using 20w 50 oil is a bad thing.

My Toyota manual says to use oil with lower viscosity as standard, but it also permits the use of more viscous oil in high temperature environments and at high speed.

You are making me scared cause if that customer is telling the truth about his maintenance history, I don't see how using 20w 50, every 3k km would be a bad thing.

Some people don't even change their oil after 20,000km, but this guy was diligent enough to change his oil even more regularly than the manual suggests and his reward for that is to buy a new engine, chai!!

I'm scared yo embarassed
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

Lol, na wa oh

but as someone said though, I don't think using 20w 50 oil is a bad thing.

My Toyota manual says to use oil with lower viscosity as standard, but it also permits the use of more viscous oil in high temperature environments and at high speed.

You are making me scared cause if that customer is telling the truth about his maintenance history, I don't see how using 20w 50, every 3k km would be a bad thing.

Some people don't even change their oil after 20,000km, but this guy was diligent enough to change his oil even more regularly than the manual suggests and his reward for that is to buy a new engine, chai!!

I'm scared yo embarassed
What is your car model so that I can help you to truly confirm if Toyota say that you can use 20w50 and cover 20,000km before oil change grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

What is your car model so that I can help you to truly confirm if Toyota say that you can use 20w50 and cover 20,000km before oil change grin

No, you misunderstood.

I'm not saying Toyota says to change oil every 20,000km, I'm saying that some people don't even change their oil after driving that many kms and their engine still runs fine.

Toyota recommends changing oil every 5000km.

Your customer changed oil even more frequently than that, which was every 3000km. I know it's a Nissan, not Toyota, but I think the recommended oil change intervals should be similar.
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

No, you misunderstood.

I'm not saying Toyota says to change oil every 20,000km, I'm saying that some people don't even change their oil after driving that many kms and their engine still runs fine.

Toyota recommends changing oil every 5000km.

Your customer changed oil even more frequently than that, which was every 3000km. I know it's a Nissan, not Toyota, but I think the recommended oil change intervals should be similar.
OK let check Nissan manual about this
SAE 5w30 viscosity is prefered for all ambient temperature !!
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2017
Toyota oil recommendation.

I'll look up Nissan to see the difference.

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2017
I am yet to see a manufacturer that will specifically state that you will have to use 20w50 with frequent oil change for car of year 1997 and above
please let me know if you see any grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:
I am yet to see a manufacturer that will specifically state that you will have to use 20w50 with frequent oil change for car of year 1997 and above
please let me know if you see any grin

Hmmm, I actually can't find a Nissan manual that allows the use of 20w 50.

Maybe Nissans really can't use that oil, guess it pays to check your manual.

My Toyota manual actually includes 20w 50 as an option, as shown in the image above
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 5:39pm On Sep 30, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

Hmmm, I actually can't find a Nissan manual that allows the use of 20w 50.

Maybe Nissans really can't use that oil, guess it pays to check your manual.

My Toyota manual actually includes 20w 50 as an option, as shown in the image above
Which year is your toyota
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by mayor2013: 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2017
Am watching from the back sit. I would comment at the appropriate time grin
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

Which year is your toyota

Its a 2010 avensis
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 5:55pm On Sep 30, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

Its a 2010 avensis
20w50 for a 2010 car shocked shocked??

1 Like

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 6:03pm On Sep 30, 2017
honmusa:

20w50 for a 2010 car shocked shocked??

Lol, yes oo, up Toyota!!!!
Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by honmusa(m): 6:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
EnigmaticEnigma:

Lol, yes oo, up Toyota!!!!
on naija peeps

1 Like

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2017
I service 76vehicles for a particular coy. All 76 of them are 2008-2016 vehicles bought brand new. They are all on 20w50. All running on the wrong oil, but all running. When I took over servicing they had been on mineral oil for over 2years, I initially experimented with full synthetic oil on a selected few , but sadly they started burning oil.
Switched back to mineral and oil burn stopped.

My point is, 20w50 is not a death sentence. To an engine if quality oil is used and oil replaced at responsible intervals.

5 Likes

Re: Autologic workshop compilation of daunting car issues :Diagnosis and fix by menstrualpad: 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
I service 76vehicles for a particular coy. All 76 of them are 2008-2016 vehicles bought brand new. They are all on 20w50. All running on the wrong oil, but all running. When I took over servicing they had been on mineral oil for over 2years, I initially experimented with full synthetic oil on a selected few , but sadly they started burning oil.
Switched back to mineral and oil burn stopped.

My point is, 20w50 is not a death sentence. To an engine if quality oil is used and oil replaced at responsible intervals.

Best Gazzuzz comment. Now 20W 50..... In my friend's Murano.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2009 Honda Accord / Bola Ige Mechatronics Institute, BIMI, Osun, World Class Mechatronics Institute / Synthetic Oil, ATF, CVT And Coolant 08090885065

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.