Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,466 members, 7,801,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven (14322 Views)

Lawmakers Exchange Blows In Senegal’s Parliament / China And Russia Prepare To Accept Taliban Rule Of Afghanistan(Pics) / Watch Ugandan Lawmakers Fight Over Bill Extending The 31-year Rule Of The Countr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 30, 2017
A bill brought by the ruling party in Uganda to extend the 31-year rule of President Yoweri Museveni has caused lawmakers to fight in parliament.

Dozens of lawmakers came to blows as members of the opposition party tried to stop the ruling body from passing a law removing the age cap from the presidency.

Punches and chairs were thrown as ministers fought on tables and across rows of seats before plainclothes secret service agents hauled members of the opposition from the main chamber of parliament, located in Kampala.

Ugandan law currently bans anyone over the aged of 75 from holding the country's highest office, meaning current President Yoweri Museveni, 73, is ineligible to run in the next election.

But his party, the National Resistance Movement, has now brought a bill to scrap that law. Maximum term limits have already been removed, meaning the new rule change would allow leaders to rule indefinitely.

The National Resistance Movement holds a massive majority in parliament, meaning the law is almost certain to pass when it goes to a vote. Opposition leaders say Museveni, who has ruled the country since helping to overthrow previous Ugandan leaders Ugandan leaders Idi Amin and Milton Obote, is attempting to establish a rule for life.

Museveni has so far refused to be drawn on whether or not he wants to run at the next election, saying that the issue is 'not important'.

Police have violently broken up street demonstrations protesting the effort to amend the constitution, arresting scores since the past week. Erias Lukwago, the mayor of the Ugandan capital of Kampala, told reporters he is getting medical care after police officers allegedly 'squeezed' his genitals while arresting him outside his house last week.

http://www.tori.ng/news/75193/shame-ugandan-lawmakers-exchange-blows-in-parliame.html

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Treasure17(m): 10:06am On Sep 30, 2017
jeez..they should come to Nigeria and learn the Anthony Joshua skills from our lawmakers.. is a norm here

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2017
Treasure17:
jeez..they should come to Nigeria and learn the Anthony Joshua skills from our lawmakers.. is a norm here
Really disgraceful, take a look at the third picture

5 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Treasure17(m): 11:06am On Sep 30, 2017
7Alexander:

Really disgraceful, take a look at the third picture
Honestly, see them exchanging blows cause of age palava. This is satanically and demonically disgraceful .

5 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by eminikansoso(m): 11:51am On Sep 30, 2017
Africans which way?

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Hardewarlee(m): 11:51am On Sep 30, 2017
Very funny when you see this so called Leaders(Thugs) fight..... The funniest part is that when they see Youths i mean young boys hailing them on the streets they say "Look at this uneducated illiterate thugs then they zoom off. Abeg who is illiterate werey people nah Awon omo wobe fighting over our money . Corruption every where .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 30, 2017
@ third pic snake in the eagle's shadow.. Africa edition cheesy ... see them holding poles like shaolin monks. more reason why I want to be a politician ..

but are still learners when compared to naijas wwe smack down

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Discharge(m): 11:52am On Sep 30, 2017
This ones na learners.......I haven't seen any torn cloth
Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by lilcashking(m): 11:52am On Sep 30, 2017
Can't they be creative for once? Why copying 9ja Style?

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by CovenantSam: 11:52am On Sep 30, 2017
Africans always showing our stupid DNA everywhere!
It's in the blood

Quote me and die!

3 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by roqrules04(m): 11:53am On Sep 30, 2017
So it happens not only in Nigeria..
Greedy parents cheesy
Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 30, 2017
Africa is not backward but the people living in it are

5 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by tartarus(m): 11:53am On Sep 30, 2017
Lmao the 3rd pic Sha grin cheesy
Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Inception(m): 11:53am On Sep 30, 2017
grin
Africa!
Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Clexsantus(m): 11:53am On Sep 30, 2017
Not better of the one seen in Nigeria by our law makers too.... Corruption Everywhere!!!
Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Wanice: 11:54am On Sep 30, 2017
Guys i will be dropping my second official single titled HUSTLE DON PAY this october. Have gone back to the studio to do more homework and release a better song.Thanks for the support guys

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by TheKingIsHere: 11:54am On Sep 30, 2017
All African Leaders are evil. angry angry

Imagine, someone will want to be in power through out his life?

Baba God please when next am coming back to this world, don't let me come from Africa. Let me come from Switzerland, Iceland or Canada. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by elopee3000(m): 11:54am On Sep 30, 2017
African people from male to female everybody wicked,
Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by exlinklodge: 11:55am On Sep 30, 2017
Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 11:55am On Sep 30, 2017
their parliament is dirty and Wretched.

that's all I have to say.
Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by zinxteba: 11:57am On Sep 30, 2017
eminikansoso:
Africans which way?
I tire oh
Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Factfinder1(m): 11:58am On Sep 30, 2017
Spicer14:
See my account balance is working for all mtn sim

God will purnish you if you don't stop this scam

7 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by deolu2000(m): 11:58am On Sep 30, 2017
I hope we can hv a bold lawmaker who will sponsor a bill that wil limit the age cap of Nigerian president to 70yrs, that way will solve the problem of these old men coming up again and again to rule us.
Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by ogologoamu: 11:59am On Sep 30, 2017
idiots

4 Likes

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by lomprico(m): 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2017
Cursed race!
Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2017
Mayweather would relish being a lawmaker in Africa grin

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by naptu2: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2017

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by MistadeRegal(m): 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2017
Advanced Learners. Come to the giants and learn better. Like Nigeria like Uganda.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by Hayerh30: 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2017
angry
Re: Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven by seunfape(m): 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2017
All I know is that ,African is African

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush / Fire At Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant Extinguished By Firefighters / Which country on the African continent is most developed ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.