Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job (26152 Views)

Should I Resign My Teaching Job And Face My Bike Business Full Time? / I Want To Quit My Teaching Job: Advice Needed / Is It A Good Choice To Quit My Teaching Job Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Mobsync(m): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:
hello nairaland,i got a shipment from asia some days ago,it was a tablet which my friend send to me as dash/gift.
the value of the tab was 65$,but when it reach nigeria,lagos,it says custom delay.then dhl send me an email to make a payment of 48k to a gtb account before i can receive the shipment
i have not been myself because i do not know how it is possible for a shipment that is value is 65$,then dhl ask me to pay clos to 50k to clear it
if i may ask,is dhl now selling electronics
my friend said he has pay for everything,but dhl now threaten me that if i dont pay in time,they will be charge me 45naira per day.
i do not even have 5k
pls nairalanders
i need a help and advice,what can i do.
it has been 6days now,they refuse to email me,they refuse to hear my plea
how can i pay such a bogus amount for a shipment of 65$ value
is this a scam
pls help me
how can i get my shipment
how can dhl impose a fraudulent import duity of 48k for an item worth 65 dollars which is around 20,000naira
pls help me
how is that possible
paying way above the value of declare shipment

That's how those DHL fits behave. Create a thread and tag lalasticlala. DHL would take action if it makes front-page.

Also, forward your complaints to DHL Nigeria and DHL international website and Twitter addresses.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by bigiyaro(m): 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
mployer:
You made the wrong move bro. You are consoling yourself.

You eventually ended up in government school with poor remuneration and zero opportunity for development
u dont know that u r talkin abt. i know people who started as classroom teachers and got to perm sec b4 retirerin bt in a private sch, u cnt advance more d proprietor n u can sacked at anytime

3 Likes

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by voyy: 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:
hello nairaland,i got a shipment from asia some days ago,it was a tablet which my friend send to me as dash/gift.
the value of the tab was 65$,but when it reach nigeria,lagos,it says custom delay.then dhl send me an email to make a payment of 48k to a gtb account before i can receive the shipment
i have not been myself because i do not know how it is possible for a shipment that is value is 65$,then dhl ask me to pay clos to 50k to clear it
my friend said he has pay for everything,but dhl now threaten me that if i dont pay in time,they will be charge me 45naira per day.
i do not even have 5k
pls nairalanders
is this a scam
pls help me
how can dhl impose a fraudulent import duity of 48k for an item worth 65 dollars which is around 20,000naira
pls help me
how is that possible

hehehehe ..... dem wan scam u. I'm very sure u met dat friend on social media. after paying d 48k, u will kip paying nd paying till u get sense .... are u a learner or jjc.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by newweight: 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2017
They said i must pay the 48k
Wnd after 8days
I start paying 45naira per day as delay
Nawa o
Mobsync:

That's how those DHL fits behave. Create a thread and tag lalasticlala. DHL would take action if it makes front-page.

Also, forward your complaints to DHL Nigeria and DHL international website and Twitter addresses.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by erico2k2(m): 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

I am talking of the average private school, but the international private schools with good incentives, eg training abroad, medical benefits, house ownership scheme, pension etc.

If you hope to own your school someday, the best bet is to training and exposure from a standard private school.

The average retired civil servants do not possess the skills, tools and most especially the attitude needed to succeed in their own personal businesses.
I do t think it's a fair to compare international and local government . One is forex dependant the other ain't . The schools funded by the Saudis in London are far more better than the ones funded by local councils .
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by NowisGod109(f): 5:46pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:
i do not even have 5k
pls nairalanders
is this a scam
pls help me
pls help me
how is that possible

You shouldn't have shipped with DHL in d first place. It's not a scam if its a DHL account and you can go to their office too for payment (clarification). But don't let me deceive u, they will collect d money from u complete befr they can hand u d phone. I've had such experience. Just tell them to return to the owner except u av d 48k o. Even if d item's worth is $10, they don't care.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by newweight: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2017
Is it not negotiable
Which company ahud i use for shipping next time
Pls advise
NowisGod109:

You shouldn't have shipped with DHL in d first place. It's not a scam if its a company account and you can go to their office too for payment (clarification). But don't let me deceive u, they will collect d money from u complete befr they can hand u d phone. I've had such experience. Just tell them to return to the owner except u av d 48k o. Even if d item's worth is $10, they don't care.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Mobsync(m): 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:
They said i must pay the 48k Wnd after 8days I start paying 45naira per day as delay Nawa o
That's how DHL Nigeria employees behave.
twitter.com/dhlafrica
That's their a Twitter account. Send them a tweet.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Mobsync(m): 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:
They said i must pay the 48k Wnd after 8days I start paying 45naira per day as delay Nawa o
twitter.com/dhlafrica
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by kaboninc(m): 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:
Its dhl account name.company name.
Its not scam.its the tax they charge me
How can i pay 48k for a shipment worth 65 dollars 65 dolars no reach 20k sef

Either you're a scam, your Asian friend is a scam or both of you are scammers.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by kaboninc(m): 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
Mobsync:

twitter.com/dhlafrica

He said DHL gave him a GTBank account number. Lol. Let him provide that GTBank account number....and tracking ID
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Ezi39: 6:25pm On Sep 30, 2017
mployer:
You made the wrong move bro. You are consoling yourself.

You eventually ended up in government school with poor remuneration and zero opportunity for development

As a teacher that had taught in private school before, I prefer public school. Many private secondary schools that are paying well are forcing teachers to cheat during external exams.
If only an unobtrusive camera can be engaged, the whole world will see that there is no justification for the 'killer' school fees.
Give me a public school that is paying N80k for a start and I will dump any private secondary school paying N200K for it.
Reason being that I will not be compelled to help exam candidates cheat during external exams.

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by kaboninc(m): 6:26pm On Sep 30, 2017
voyy:

hehehehe ..... dem wan scam u. I'm very sure u met dat friend on social media. after paying d 48k, u will kip paying nd paying till u get sense .... are u a learner or jjc.

No mind am......

We dey see them almost everyday.. ...
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by newweight: 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2017
is it not negotiable
Mobsync:

twitter.com/dhlafrica

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by NowisGod109(f): 7:28pm On Sep 30, 2017
newweight:
Is it not negotiable
Which company ahud i use for shipping next time
Pls advise

Nego wetin?
Be prepared to lose the item or ask them to return it. Next time, find reliable agent on nairaland from all d ones Ymodulus vouched for and use them
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by effty(m): 7:34pm On Sep 30, 2017
erico2k2:

Stop Hating embrace the message .
Your punctuation won't do you any good either. Meanwhile, what is it I am hating about you?
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by erico2k2(m): 7:50pm On Sep 30, 2017
effty:
Your punctuation won't do you any good either. Meanwhile, what i[b]s it I am hating about you[/b]?
When you try to correct a person do so with proper English.
No one is perfect my colleagues at work who are all English still get spellings wrong and get their English in a twist.
This ** What is it I am hating about you* is completely rubbish.
correct phrase would have been ** What is it that I am hating about you*
Next make Sure you get your tense right B4 attempting to correct others ITK
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by larrypourl(m): 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2017
Kazrem:

You think so.

Firstly the article is not about where I am now. The lesson here among others is the ability to know what to do at each stage of our life especially as it relates to developing oneself. I could have remained in the private school and remain as I was but chose skill development.

Secondly, I am now paid better, have better experience (as good as private schools maybe, real teaching is done in government school). Who said there is no opportunity for development in government school? In fact, this is where I have a better chance to developed myself. The other day, I told my principal I was going for Teacher's conference at Ikeja and she granted me. This is just one of the many permission given for development. I don't have problem whenever I want to write my school exam.

Lastly, I didn't "end" up in government. I landed my dream job. Most private schools teachers would tell you they prefer a government school to a private. Do you know the benefits of being a civil servant especially in a state like Lagos? Even in another state, it still not comparable to private schools. Except you want to mention the likes of Corona. Even they too do guarantee future incentives like that of state.

Bro that corona you mentioned mehn....its hell working there. pressure every now and then even if you retire spending 25years with them, they can't pay you 400k but your pension is secured sha. Glad you now work with state govt. Lagos state teachers and civil servants are enjoying generally without delay in pay and promotion. Congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by seunH: 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2017
Papiikush:
Good for you bro.

I'll just have to give it to you straightforward.

YOU WERE JUST FORTUNATE.

Trust me...Do you know how many graduates we have out here seeking for just primary one class teacher?

1. You mentioned the private school as a standard one with huge pays and other SIDE ATTRACTIONS

2. You worked as a PA to the supervisor. Tell me dude, how many people had this opportunity (don't give me the bullshìt about you being the most brilliant amongst your colleagues, we know say na lie)

3. Due to the position (PA to a LCDA supervisor) that you were, you had the opportunity to create "connections" for yourself which also brought you to this stage.

Why don't you go to lower states like Ekiti state when you resigned? Your suffering go long pass John in the wilderness. undecided

Guy no come dey Bobo us with all these bullshìt "I did this and that" we all know you were just fortunate to be in that position. There are people out here praying to get those kindda privileges.

Story with zero morals... Just another Nigga bragging.

#Drops pen.
Sincerely that's why I really got fed up attending all this motivational hogwash programs. They talk all day long about how they achieved this and that and how we can also be like them. But they always omitted one thing, which is OPPORTUNITY. My bro if you don't have opportunity you are wasting your time even if you like read or attend all motivation programs/lectures. Let me let out a Lil secret, I studied anatomy and have more than 25 scientific publication, reviews and even attended conferences and workshops. My CV is about 4 pages but I'm sad to tell you that it counted for nothing, till I considered changing my field. So bro I support you all the way, opportunity is key.

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by larrypourl(m): 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

The school the guy left should be Atlantic Hall Epe Lagos.

You're right bro. It's defiantly Atlantic Hall but d pressure in those schools ehn can terminate one's life untimely. You work in a school and there's no diff between you and banker. You leave home early and still get back home at night. Seminar here and there, no time to rest. With time you'll build your pay with d govt job and you'll have time for other things.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by jonnytad(m): 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
effty:
You can't even make it as a teacher when you don't know the difference between career and carrier.
As you've never made a typographical error in your life..... smh.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by jonnytad(m): 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

It is career and not "carrier".

Thanks jare..... noted

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by effty(m): 8:41pm On Sep 30, 2017
erico2k2:

When you try to correct a person do so with proper English.
No one is perfect my colleagues at work who are all English still get spellings wrong and get their English in a twist.
This ** What is it I am hating about you* is completely rubbish.
correct phrase would have been ** What is it that I am hating about you*
Next make Sure you get your tense right B4 attempting to correct others ITK
Do you know the difference between a phrase and a clause? Meanwhile, your punctuations are still wrong. Goodbye.

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by erico2k2(m): 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2017
effty:
Do you know the difference between a phrase and a clause? Meanwhile, your punctuations are still wrong. Goodbye.
yes I do as a matter of fact me copying part of your sentence turns it into a phrase and beside there is Nothing like PUNCTUATIONS
its people like you who end up scoring 3/100 in an exam tongue
keep spreading your lack of English sense on here.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by erico2k2(m): 9:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
jonnytad:

As you've never made a typographical error in your life..... smh.
Nor mind am Jor, he has made more than typos on here , I have exposed two, I'm waiting for him to make a 3rd one.ITK People!

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 30, 2017
What you learnt from leaving your teaching job? Kazeem are you sure you wrote that books?
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by BALLOSKI: 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2017
Papiikush:
Good for you bro.

I'll just have to give it to you straightforward.

YOU WERE JUST FORTUNATE.

Trust me...Do you know how many graduates we have out here seeking for just primary one class teacher?

1. You mentioned the private school as a standard one with huge pays and other SIDE ATTRACTIONS

2. You worked as a PA to the supervisor. Tell me dude, how many people had this opportunity (don't give me the bullshìt about you being the most brilliant amongst your colleagues, we know say na lie)

3. Due to the position (PA to a LCDA supervisor) that you were, you had the opportunity to create "connections" for yourself which also brought you to this stage.

Why don't you go to lower states like Ekiti state when you resigned? Your suffering go long pass John in the wilderness. undecided

Guy no come dey Bobo us with all these bullshìt "I did this and that" we all know you were just fortunate to be in that position. There are people out here praying to get those kindda privileges.

Story with zero morals... Just another Nigga bragging.

#Drops pen.
is the guy complaining?

Did you read what he wrote up there? He said he's happy he made that decision. You don't know when he resigned but , you want to force words out of his mouth simply because he shared his success story with you.

What's wrong with human beings?

Some people left something big to create something bigger. That's life. If you don't believe him, we can't believe you
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by IME1: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2017
THIS IS A FANTASTIC POST.

I CAN TOTALLY RELATE KAZEEM

LET THOSE WHO ARE WISE LEARN FROM THIS POST
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by jamesbridget13(f): 10:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
7Alexander:
I really do not get the message in this thread
he preferred government job to a private job. If no be so I no know wetin op dey talk o.
Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by lereinter(m): 5:51am On Oct 01, 2017
jonnytad:
Well, I really don't wanna pick a career in teaching. ..... Teachers are not where they supposed to be in Nigeria. We place Nurses far ahead of teachers in Nigeria and if you are unfortunate to teach in a private school in ibadan, you will understand that there's no difference btw the them and casual workers in 7UP.

what of casual in sumal or sweetco

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job by voyy: 7:59am On Oct 01, 2017
kaboninc:

No mind am......

We dey see them almost everyday.. ...

na greediness dey cause make dem scam person easily. how will u just meet someone one week nd expect him/her to give u such a gift nd later ask u to pay more than d amount of d content in d package

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? / Agricultural Engineers Forum: Lets Meet Here And Share Our Experiences! / Is Spending N600 Per Day For Feeding Too Much For A 45k Monthly Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.