Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. (27321 Views)

Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. / 7 Frequent Braking Problems You Should Never Ignore / 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by banmee(m): 8:34am On Oct 02, 2017
YelloweWest:

I don't need to see it up close.

I today's world if your product needs to be seen up close before a person falls in love with it, its dead on arrival!

People these days buy cars from their mobile phones.

On the first glimpse it should look very attractive. This does not.

I hear you.
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by banmee(m): 8:35am On Oct 02, 2017
EazyMoh:

You! Have you seen it up close?
See me see wahala o! By seeing a picture one should be able to kike something or otherwise.
The only thing this Camrys boasts of is as explained in the article IMPROVED SAAFETY Ratings! But the design is very poor. Am sure it's gonna sit close to the bottom in the 2018 mid-range price luxury sedan category. The Honda Accord has been trashing Camrys for years, and with this model as well, it's simply another miss. This design can't even compete with 2013 Honda Accord imo.

Not just seen one but drove it too and it's freaking awesome.
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Jagermeister(m): 8:36am On Oct 02, 2017
YelloweWest:

I don't need to see it up close.

I today's world if your product needs to be seen up close before a person falls in love with it, its dead on arrival!

People these days buy cars from their mobile phones.

On the first glimpse it should look very attractive. This does not.

Exactly my point. The Camry's are mid-sized to full-sized sedans.. Unlike the Civic that is primarily compact. This new Camry is almost little and hey, it's ugly AF.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by WrathOfHadez(m): 8:36am On Oct 02, 2017
Toyota will always be Toyota.
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by chccho(m): 8:36am On Oct 02, 2017
Jagermeister:
Oh no.

Very disappointing style and finish.

The Camry's are getting blander and blander.
U are very very correct sir.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by banmee(m): 8:38am On Oct 02, 2017
Jagermeister:

Exactly my point. The Camry's are mid-sized to full-sized sedans.. Unlike the Civic that is primarily compact. This new Camry is almost little and hey, it's ugly AF.

The dangers of not actually seeing something before making a determination on it.
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Jagermeister(m): 8:42am On Oct 02, 2017
banmee:

You are funny. Have you seen it up close? The car is badass. This is the first time they actually got style and efficiency right at the same time. I'll wait till 2019 before i buy it.

Nothing bad-ass about this car.

Nothing bad-ass about Camry's.

I've owned two, I still own one.

I only bought them for efficiency, because they are. But not bad-ass.

Want a bad-ass Toyota? Buy a Lexus! I've owned one, I'm on the brink of buying another.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by chccho(m): 8:43am On Oct 02, 2017
Looks like an uglier copy cat of the new Honda accord
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by miketayo(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2017
the body design is poor.. the interior looks gud though but i m sure honda, kia and hyundai ll do something better for a 2018 model
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by kenny5811(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2017
dis tin looks like Hyundai.... too much plastic on it... cnt compare to my camry muscle anytime.... in my area we call dis shit rubber rubber..
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by banmee(m): 8:46am On Oct 02, 2017
Jagermeister:

Nothing bad-ass about this car.

Nothing bad-ass about Camry's.

I've owned two, I still own one.

I only bought them for efficiency, because they are. But not bad-ass.

Want a bad-ass Toyota? Buy a Lexus! I've owned one, I'm on the brink of buying another.

That's the message i've been trying to pass on to you. They upgraded this to lexus level.
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Josh44s(m): 9:01am On Oct 02, 2017
This car look like it's suffering from Malnutrition undecided
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Kekule50(m): 9:01am On Oct 02, 2017
how much Pls. I want to buy
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by kolaaderin: 9:06am On Oct 02, 2017
damiplovR:
Na muscle xle still be the finest. All this new Camry look somehow jare

2007-11 is still the best shape to Camry till date, the newer model looks boring to the core except for the interior .
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Soulsymbol99: 9:13am On Oct 02, 2017
damiplovR:

Aswear! Spider is still d best shocked
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 02, 2017
ebi like waiting Danfo press grin grin grin grin
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by buchilino(m): 9:22am On Oct 02, 2017
IT'S LIKE DEY WANT TO MAKE CAMRY TO BECOME V8 ENGINE CARS.
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by mofewilkie(m): 9:39am On Oct 02, 2017
damiplovR:

The muscle you're referring to is the SE or SLE.
Sport Edition
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 02, 2017
DanielsParker:
still prefer the 2007 model anytime, any day

Haha yeye man just be like say u prefer nokia 3310 to samsung s8plus

Broke people be making silly comments
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 02, 2017
Jagermeister:
Oh no.

Exactly my thought. Subsequent editions yet to beat 2007-2010 versions.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by SarkinYarki: 9:50am On Oct 02, 2017
Jagermeister:
Oh no.

There is no way a camry could have looked other than that except you were expecting a completely different model..
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Jagermeister(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2017
banmee:

That's the message i've been trying to pass on to you. They upgraded this to lexus level.

Naa.. These car manufacturers are not stupid.

They would never give you a Lexus in a Toyota badge. They know what they are doing bro.

The 2018 Lexus ES 350 is no longer based on the Camry as it used to be. It is now based on the Avalon. This started around 2013 or so.

If anything, I would say the Avalon is a Lexus in a Toyota badge. Certainly not the Camry. You would agree that the Avalon's are full-sized Luxury sedans and have stock V6 which launches it was ahead of the Camry from the world go.

So the Camry is no match for the Avalon to start with. How then do you think Toyota will put the Camry at par with the ES.

So you see, the Camry has to be better than the Avalon (which is highly unlikely) before it rises up the ranks of the Lexus series. A Camry of the same year will never match-up with a Lexus of the same year. Never.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by banmee(m): 9:54am On Oct 02, 2017
Jagermeister:

Naa.. These car manufacturers are not stupid.

They would never give you a Lexus in a Toyota badge. They know what they are doing bro.

The 2018 Lexus ES 350 is no longer based on the Camry as it used to be. It is now based on the Avalon. This started around 2013 or so.

If anything, I would say the Avalon is a Lexus in a Toyota badge. Certainly not the Camry. You would agree that the Avalon's are full-sized Luxury sedans and have stock V6 which launches it was ahead of the Camry from the world go. Never.

So the Camry is no match for the Avalon to start with. How then do you think Toyota will put the Camry at par with the ES.

So you see, the Camry has to be better than the Avalon (which is highly unlikely) before it rises up the ranks of the Lexus series. A Camry of the same year will never match-up with a Lexus of the same year.

I keep asking this question; Have you seen it first hand? Have you driven it? How are you an expert in what you have not seen physically nor touched nor driven? One comment here on the thread said the car was smaller than it's predecessors? Really? I will take you seriously when you tell me you have seen or driven it.
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by DanielsParker(m): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2017
Esepayan:

Haha yeye man just be like say u prefer nokia 3310 to samsung s8plus
Broke people be making silly comments
okay sir. Rich man, oya go and buy the 2018 model.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Jagermeister(m): 9:58am On Oct 02, 2017
SarkinYarki:

There is no way a camry could have looked other than that except you were expecting a completely different model..

I was just expecting them to keep up with or do better than the 2007-2011 model. Not fall short like this.

Bear in mind that I'm referring to styling and build here and nothing to do with mechanics and electronics.

This design is hideous, at the very least.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Jagermeister(m): 10:02am On Oct 02, 2017
banmee:

I keep asking this question; Have you seen it first hand? Have you driven it? How are you an expert in what you have not seen physically nor touched nor driven? One comment here on the thread said the car was smaller than it's predecessors? Really? I will take you seriously when you tell me you have seen or driven it.

Dude slow down. Did I say I was an expert? No.

I don't like it. Simple.

To each man his own. Go and buy it if you can afford it, I won't.

Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by yinkakani(m): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2017
wtf is Toyota designing these days. . .i expected the 2018 camry to be a better version than 2010's camry. . .this vehicle looks like a throwback. total BS
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Jagermeister(m): 10:04am On Oct 02, 2017
Jarus:

Exactly my thought. Subsequent editions yet to beat 2007-2010 versions.

Yea, they lost their mojo.
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by hahnsmall: 10:05am On Oct 02, 2017
Jagermeister:

Hehehehe. Weldone.

I know why u're pained. U've been saving up money for 8 years to buy a Camry and now I'm cussing it. But dude, all the money you saved up can only buy a 1997 Model naa, that's what you told me.

Why are you hurting for this new Model. You won't be able to afford it till 2085.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Jagermeister(m): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2017
chccho:

U are very very correct sir.

Painfully so.
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by Jagermeister(m): 10:08am On Oct 02, 2017
hahnsmall:

He's an idiot. grin
Re: Toyota Improves 2018 Camry’s Headlights, Automatic Braking. by SarkinYarki: 10:10am On Oct 02, 2017
Jagermeister:

I was just expecting them to keep up with or do better than the 2007-2011 model. Not fall short like this.

Bear in mind that I'm referring to styling and build here and nothing to do with mechanicanics and electronics.

This design is hideous, at the very least.

I understand what you were saying ..But if you look at this design carefully you will see they tried to incorporate that radical stream of the 2007 -2011 with conservative stream of the 2013 to come up with a balance because a lot of people criticised the 2007 she'll to be to outlandish then and Toyota then tried to get back to being conservative and sale dropped so I think the are looking for the perfect balance , Hyundai Elantra us currently facing the same design challenges after that radical 2011 -2015 designs huge success even though man car critics claimed it was too outlandish , now the have also gone conservative and surprising the sales have also dropped ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 7 Major Facts You Don’t Know About Lexus. (PHOTOS) / How To Import Cars Into Nigeria / Cars Manufactured By Presidential Amnesty Programme Beneficiaries (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.