Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB (32889 Views)

Buhari: I’m Not Against Diaspora Voting If NASS Supports It / Some South South People And Their Confused Nature. / Yoruba Youths Storm US Embassy Over IPOB Suit Against Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by MTKbudapest(m): 9:03am On Oct 01, 2017
GavelSlam:
God bless Nigeria.

Thunder fire nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by ProWalker: 9:04am On Oct 01, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

IPOB has never threatened the peace of the SE at anytime. As per "no election", wait until Nov 18.

So all those destruction and searching for Northerners in buses and burning trucks are just show of love ?
Nonsense
Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by ProWalker: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2017
MTKbudapest:

Thunder fire nigeria!

That thunder will locate you and your family wherever you are in Nigeria
Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by LexngtonSteele: 9:07am On Oct 01, 2017
ProWalker:

That thunder will locate you and your family wherever you are in Nigeria

Dont mind the slowpoke...

All they do is rant online all day long about PMB & Afonja

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by Threebear(m): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2017
Stupid old fool.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by Throwback: 9:08am On Oct 01, 2017
Amarabae:
When God want to punish a country,he gives them a useless leader!

You just reminded me of the leader of Afara-ukwu who allowed his terrorist son to use the whole community to set trap that will catch a big prey that can destroy his palace and sack the whole community.

God really punished them.
Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by Ladyjumong(f): 9:09am On Oct 01, 2017
God bless nigeria. to copy this tune, press 1 undecided
Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by Ollysma: 9:12am On Oct 01, 2017
Look at Buhari talking, with all his sectional appointment.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:14am On Oct 01, 2017
ProWalker:

So all those destruction and searching for Northerners in buses and burning trucks are just show of love ?
Nonsense

You said before python dance. Remain consistent though I know consistency is something alien to certain people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by lelvin(m): 9:15am On Oct 01, 2017
That's your confirmation there that this man is a buffoon.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by AzizG550(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2017
You that witnessed what the country passed through during the the war, why are you trying so haRd to bring disunity and divide this country with your lopsided appointments, favourisim and tribalism. how can you beat a child and expect him/she not to cry? You are a tribal bigot, you are maginalizing some and favoring some and you expect the former not to cry and revolt? You are a big fool!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by Ajekuiya: 9:20am On Oct 01, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by uhuru77: 9:22am On Oct 01, 2017
Every thing about buhari is a disappointment. I have lost the last respect I have for him. Even voting for him is a disgrace for making this type of independent day speech. Cursed is the seat for you.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by attackgat: 9:23am On Oct 01, 2017
Every time Buhari opens his mouth, I think he is an even bigger idiot than I thought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by seguno2: 9:24am On Oct 01, 2017
This country is finished.
Buhari has finished Nigeria.
A man who said fighting Boko Haram is fighting the north?
A man who has never condemned Fulani herdsmen?

The tribal bigot has finished us.
Only foolish southerners can trust this python.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by RonJeremy: 9:24am On Oct 01, 2017
Catalonia, Biafra and Kurdistan shall be free.......

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by Kingspin(m): 9:25am On Oct 01, 2017
I'm disappointed by the government suffering the people is never a way forward..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by ProWalker: 9:26am On Oct 01, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

You said before python dance. Remain consistent though I know consistency is something alien to certain people.

Keep quiet and stop shifiting post. Where did i mention what you said abi eyes dey pain you.?
Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by seguno2: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
Buhari will never change

So why did he promise change if he himself will never change?
Is he a hypocrite?
Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by Abagworo(m): 9:31am On Oct 01, 2017
It's all politics. PDP was hoping to ride on IPOB for 2019 elections and the present challenges facing IPOB has reduced their chances greatly.
Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by Abagworo(m): 9:33am On Oct 01, 2017
seguno2:
This country is finished.
Buhari has finished Nigeria.
A man who said fighting Boko Haram is fighting the north?
A man who has never condemned Fulani herdsmen?

The tribal bigot has finished us.
Only foolish southerners can trust this python.

Buhari never said those nonsense. Only fools that believe Nnamdi cownu can believe such immature propaganda.
Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by DJperdurabo: 9:34am On Oct 01, 2017
paiz:
Who cares

You would when it gets "hot"!... Talking 'bout who cares?!...
Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by seguno2: 9:46am On Oct 01, 2017
Abagworo:
Buhari never said those nonsense. Only fools that believe Nnamdi cownu can believe such immature propaganda.

Too many shameless liars on parole.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-faults-clampdown-on-boko-haram-members/

noblezone:
From the archives of the great thoughts of Mr. President.

Lest we forget. We are watching.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/

Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) National Leader, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has criticised the declaration of state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States and the subsequent military offensive against the Boko Haram Islamic sect.
Buhari, who featured on the “Guest of the Week,” a Hausa programme of the Kaduna-based Liberty Radio, yesterday said the federal government’s action was a gross injustice against the north.

According to him, unlike the special treatment the federal government gave to the Niger Delta militants, the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished.
He said he was not in support of the declaration of state of emergency in the three north-eastern states because President Goodluck Jonathan had failed from the outset in addressing the security situation in the country.

Besides, Buhari added that the security challenges facing the country started in the Niger Delta region where he alleged that politicians desperate to retain their positions as governors recruited youths and armed them to enable them win elections by force.
According to Buhari, who fielded questions in Hausa language before the English version of the programme, “What is responsible for the security situation in the country was caused by the activities of Niger Delta militants.

“Every Nigerian that is familiar with what happened knows this. The Niger Delta militants started it all. What happened is that the governors of the Niger Delta region at that time wanted to win their elections, so they recruited the youths and gave them guns and bullets and used them against their opponents to win elections by force.
“After the elections were over, they asked the boys to return the guns, the boys refused to return the guns. Because of that, the allowance that was being given to the youths by the governors during that time was stopped.

“The youths resorted to kidnapping oil workers and were collecting dollars as ransom. Now a boy of 18 to 20 years was getting about $500 in a week, why will he go to school and spend 20 years to study and then come back and get employed by government to be paid N100,000 a month; that is if he is lucky to get employment?

“So kidnapping became very rampant in the south-south and the south-east. They kidnapped people and were collecting money.
“How did Boko Haram start? We know that their leader, Mohammed Yusuf, started his militancy and the police couldn’t control them and the army was invited. He was arrested by soldiers and handed over to the police.

“The appropriate thing to do, according to the law, was for the police to carry out investigations and charge him to court for prosecution, but they killed him, his in-law was killed, they went and demolished their houses.
“Because of that, his supporters resorted to what they are doing today.
“You see in the case of the Niger Delta militants, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua sent an airplane to bring them, he sat down with them and discussed with them, they were cajoled, and they were given money and granted amnesty.
“They were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north are being killed and their houses demolished. They are different issues, what brought this? It is injustice.”

Buhari also explained why he joined politics after his release from detention by former military president, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, saying that his close associates and those who knew him very well convinced him to join partisan politics.

He said those who knew him, knew that he took on positions of responsibility without begging anyone for appointments.
“I was a military governor in a state that has been divided into six states today; I was minister of petroleum for four years and six months. I was a military head of state. But because these people know how I live my life, they were not coming to beg me for money. They were coming to ask me to comment on issues that affected the nation,” he added.

He said further that the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 also shaped his attitude to politics.
“When I joined partisan politics in April 2002, in my ward in Daura, (Katsina State), they kept on coming. And then one significant thing at the global level happened, the Soviet Union collapsed.
“Out of the Soviet Union, there are now about 18 or 19 republics and that conclusively proved to me as an individual that the multi-party system is the best form of democracy, but with the big caveat that elections must be free and fair. That is how I arrived in CPC today, but first from APP to ANPP to CPC," he said.

Buhari lamented that God has blessed Nigeria with human and natural resources, but “we have failed to organise ourselves”, stressing that one of the problems bedevilling the country is bad leadership.

Ikwokrikwo:

Presidential candidate for the Congress for Progressive Change in the 2011 Presidential election, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has frowned on the emergency rule in parts of the North. He alleged that innocent civilians were being killed in the states. Buhari speaking during a Liberty FM Hausa Service Programme, Guest of the Week, on Sunday in Kaduna said that Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished unlike the “special treatment” given to the Niger Delta militants by the Federal Government Buhari, who also blamed President Goodluck Jonathan for failing to tackle the security problems in the country, argued that the challenges started in the Niger Delta. He said, “What is responsible for the security situation in the country is caused by the activities of Niger Delta militants. “Every Nigerian that is familiar with happenings knows this. The Niger Delta militants started it all. What happened is that the governors of the Niger Delta at that time wanted to win their elections, so they recruited youths and gave guns and bullets to them to use against their opponents to win elections by force. “After the elections, they asked the boys to return the guns, and the boys refused to do so. Because of that the allowance that was being given to them by the governors was stopped.” Buhari said his joining the proposed All Progressives Congress was not all about securing the party presidential ticket for the 2015 elections. According to him, the formation of the APC and his joining the group is to help effect the needed change in the polity and not just about his presidential ambition. He declared, “If APC fails to give me the ticket, I will remain in partisan politics and in the party. Anyone the party picks as its candidate, I will support him because I will remain in the APC.” Besides, Buhari noted that the problem of the country was that of bad leadership, which the APC was out to change.
www.punchng.com/news/joining-apc-not-about-2015-presidency-buhari/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by HMZi: 9:49am On Oct 01, 2017
Literally a tyrant....pmb do and go jor

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by Cooly100: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2017
tolufase:
You must be disappointed because the so called leaders in that region were so helpless. But thank God, the operation phyton dance had restored their factory setting.

We must force them to remain with us...at GUN POINT...I beg I dey go for owambe party..Bose dey wait for me there..I no dey miss chilled Guilder beer and cow skin. Heheheheheh!

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by RottenTomato: 9:53am On Oct 01, 2017
Buhari is an epitome of disgrace, a colossal failure, a good example of a dull stupid fellow!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by Oblang(m): 9:54am On Oct 01, 2017
Paperwhite:
And what have the core north done about the perpetual violence & bloodshed of their kith and kin from the past bloody military coups of which Buhari was part and parcel of . Arewa youth sat down in Arewa House Kaduna on two consecutive occasion to issue and confirmed a "quit notice".Alas they were so pampered that it was only few days ago that a so called "bench warrant" for their arrest was obtained.So who is fooling who here.Buhari rather is the colossal disappointment here.Nonsense! angry angry

Arewa youth were not pampered. They were made to withdraw their statement...
Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by tivta(m): 9:57am On Oct 01, 2017
I forsee annulment of the elections in 2019
Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by Cooly100: 9:58am On Oct 01, 2017
ProWalker:

Nonsense

...but the killing of Igbos in the north since 1953...including the riot about a cartoon in Denmark and the Miss world peagent are a more than showing of love...abi?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by arsenal33: 10:05am On Oct 01, 2017
paiz:
I don't care if you are interested in them or not

We easterners we are disappointed in our governors and more disappointed in your cluelessness

Please 2019 should come ASAP
WHO WILL YOU VOTE FOR IN 2019...PDP?
Re: Buhari: I’m Disappointed With Some South-east Leaders Over IPOB by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 01, 2017
At approximately 80years, buhari is still a child.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Calls For Immediate Release Of Malian President Keita / Aisha Buhari Poses With The 92 Year Old Woman Who Donated N1M For Buhari / Tinubu’s Ministerial List: APC Governors May Nominate 3 Persons From Each State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.