Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? (21235 Views)

Pastor Joseph Prophesy That A Bbnaija 2021 Housemate Will Set The House Ablaze / Pastor Odumeje Shows Off N4m To Be Given To Victims Of Ochanja Market Fire / Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by thesuave10(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. Okay.

Yh..sure.change your moniker it fits atheists more. Religious people are not sapiosexuals wink
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by tosyne2much(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lordkratus:
one currently telling my wife to be say I no be him husband only for him to come around to tell her that God showed him that she would be his wife. I still dey wait make I get leave from work go warri with my sharp cutlass. I almost lost my relationship to that dude yeye prophecy.
You're not alone here.. That's how these useless so called prophets ruin people's relationships with ridiculous reasons. They just look at you and make random guesses

Many people have lost good people in their lives because a prophet discouraged them from marrying that person

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by Sapiosexuality(m): 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
thesuave10:

Yh..sure.change your moniker it fits atheists more. Religious people are not sapiosexuals wink
Okay, bro. Stop mentioning me please.
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by RedAlert08(m): 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
Talk2Bella:
grin one told me I was gonna build his church, I was 17 at the time, maybe he was hoping I'd steal mum's money hahahahahahha, when I introduced him to my step dad, that one used cutlass to chase him.

another one, instead of jejely inviting me to his church he started with threats of how if I don't come shiit was gonna go down....... Nigggaaa I ain't even religious

oh I remember another one, was just coming back from an interview at Maryland entered bus and one baba started praying for me, in order not to seem disrespectful I began to say amen, when baba finished praying he told me my bill was 500 naira, it was like I had just been struck by lightening loooool, omo I told him you should have asked me for money na, anyway I don't have 5h I think I gave him 100 naira or so

most of them are from white garment churches (no offense)

them plenty sha but no be that one de do me this morning......

currently at Adamasingba stadium Ibadan since early morning apparently Governor Ajimobi wanted corpers here to witness this Independence day celebration...... I weak
If I told you I'm also Ibadan based now, it would seem like I'm looking for an opportunity to "toast" you.
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by 1Sharon(f): 12:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
grin
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by thesuave10(m): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Okay, bro. Stop mentioning me please.

I'm done.believe it or not.you stop I stop wink
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by bibijay123(f): 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
dakeskese:
That He sees me in the rhelm of the spirit becoming a multimillionaire in 2014.

Na so the boy double im hustle. Till today, na MTN 10MB I dey take come NL.

Prophet Oshi!!!

Don't lose faith

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by Lordkratus(m): 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
You're not alone here.. That's how these useless so called prophets ruin people's relationships with ridiculous reasons. They just look at you and make random guesses

Many people have lost good people in their lives because a prophet discouraged them from marrying that person
the painful part is the yeye man going to her family to tell them that I would be a bad husband. hmm I sure know I'll knock him out when i see him. e get eye for my babe e no go talk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by holatin(m): 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
Pinkfriday:
When I was born, one fake prophetess told my mum I was an Ogbanje dat will die soon... Na me still dey here o
check your shadow maybe your shadow has died
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
A very good example of a false prophet on Nairaland is saintsamurai who claims to have the gift while deceiving gullible people. It's very sad really. I only hope God has mercy on him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by ImaIma1(f): 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
When i was a teenager, i was told by a prophet that if i was not careful, i would get pregnant.

I don't think i needed a prophecy for that fact.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by sircrabo: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
According to the bible " despise not prophesyings " if you ever meet someone that tells you anything in the name of prophecy, never despise the message openly. Just leave it for God to have the final say. Some self aclaimed prophets are evil. They can manipulate events to prove themselves right

If they tell you you'll have an accident, some that are evil can cause that to happen. At that point, don't argue with them. Just let god lead

I ws told one girl has initiated me into emire kingdom with fanta, I can't remember taking fanta from any girl. Since then I've been looking to see the girl that will offer me fanta. Lol.

I was also told I am a good footballer. I played ball last in second sch. 15yrs ago.

Another prophet told my sister that I'm a cultist that he sees me wearing uniform with my members. I did part time and didn't stay on campus, no time for campus life not to talk of cult. After that day, they started suspecting me at home. I am a god fearing young man with no thoughts of joining any cult.

My sister was told to marry her fiancee that is heaven made union. they are now seperated after 3yrs of marriage

Don't argue, let god have the final say

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by buskie13(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
make God forgive me,na so one pastor when them invite from Lagos come warri begin dey pray they see vision,as e reach my turn,na him talk say I go die for school when I join cult,say na cultism go kpef me,omo I no happy from Church that day ,base on the good pikin wey I be,my family ppl come dey tell me say no be my portion make I reverse am,omo na so I still dey alive today ,and remain 2 years like this I go graduate, make una no too dey reason those men,na God get power

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by Papadoh(m): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
enilove:
Why are topics like this making front page. There are other better topics that can make a christian to be serious with God and promote the name of Jesus Christ , but controversial and bad news that would make churches to be viewed with disdain are things the moderators are bringing to the front page. The Muslims section doesn't do this to their religion.
Why dont we come up with things that would make the believers and nonbelievers to be afraid of evil so that this nation can prosper.

Galatians 6:7 KJV
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Dumb@ss!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by tosyne2much(m): 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
LadyGoddiva:
A very good example of a false prophet on Nairaland is saintsamurai who claims to have the gift while deceiving gullible people. It's very sad really. I only hope God has mercy on him.
Hahaha cheesy Na wa ooo
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by usmanspihn(m): 12:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
Talk2Bella:
grin one told me I was gonna build his church, I was 17 at the time, maybe he was hoping I'd steal mum's money hahahahahahha, when I introduced him to my step dad, that one used cutlass to chase him.

another one, instead of jejely inviting me to his church he started with threats of how if I don't come shiit was gonna go down....... Nigggaaa I ain't even religious

oh I remember another one, was just coming back from an interview at Maryland entered bus and one baba started praying for me, in order not to seem disrespectful I began to say amen, when baba finished praying he told me my bill was 500 naira, it was like I had just been struck by lightening loooool, omo I told him you should have asked me for money na, anyway I don't have 5h I think I gave him 100 naira or so

most of them are from white garment churches (no offense)

them plenty sha but no be that one de do me this morning......

currently at Adamasingba stadium Ibadan since early morning apparently Governor Ajimobi wanted corpers here to witness this Independence day celebration...... I weak
You sef follow join. I dey my house oh
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by citee(m): 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
Crixina:
it isn't denigrating Christian religion, but false prophets, except you are saying that these false prophets are Christians.

My thots exactly. So if somebody is a pastor and commits a crime it should not be spoken about on Sunday? The topic is about false prophesies which can be from people of whatever religion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by tosyne2much(m): 12:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
Emeskhalifa:
One told me that I won't last 3years and need serious prayers...... My brothers and sisters, its 6years since the man told me tht.
All these their death prophesies dey fear many people oooo.. Dem go begin run helter skelter cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by nelson7777: 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
Pweetyjuddy:
...that I was going to buy spider(car)in three months with bet9ja money of which I don't know how to play it..till now am still expecting d yeye prophecy

u shud try it, some people r just naturally lucky, it cost u notin
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by Pweetyjuddy(f): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hmm i cannot and I don't want to start it..
nelson7777:

u shud try it, some people r just naturally lucky, it cost u notin
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
All these their death prophesies dey fear many people oooo.. Dem go begin run helter skelter cheesy

Lolz I wasn't even moved at all. If pesin tym reach e go tym no matter prayers and everything
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by ToyinDipo(m): 1:35pm On Oct 01, 2017
Pinkfriday:
When I was born, one fake prophetess told my mum I was an Ogbanje dat will die soon... Na me still dey here o
And you shall live long, happy new month!
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by tafrica(m): 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
I've heard many ridiculous prophecies, the most ridiculous one was the one my wife's sister's husband told her that my then fiancee (now my wife), who I had been dating for going 6 years that time wasn't going to be pregnant if she ever married me and that I would be a man of many wives.

When my wife told Me, I just laughed it off and told my wife that the boy calling himself prophet isn't God.

Guess what?

I have a bouncing boy and my wife is already pregant with another baby, my wife whom the boy said wouldn't be pregnant for me if she married me will soon be the mother of another child before him or his wife.

Everyone has right to reject any evil prophecy

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by stilldoingokay(f): 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
So, he meant your own husband no dey Nigeria but na Yankee e go come from? cheesy

noo na abroad not naija
hahaha
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by ojotobiloba1: 1:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
That I shouldn't marry omo pupa (fair in complexion lady)
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by sunkanmihassan1(m): 2:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
There is no eternal rest or torment, no great reward to work toward, and no great punishment to avoid.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by Mediapace: 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
Griffon:
That I'll buy a brand new Camry before Christmas.

Before you ask how ridiculous is that, you must know that I was then on a monthly salary of 20k naira and the month of the prophecy was September.

Having paid my semester's fee and settled some debts, all I had left in my account then was N7000.

Abeg who buys a new Camry with N7000 with just three months left on the calendar?

It can still happen bro

Have faith and it will
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
sircrabo:
According to the bible " despise not prophesyings " if you ever meet someone that tells you anything in the name of prophecy, never despise the message openly. Just leave it for God to have the final say. Some self aclaimed prophets are evil. They can manipulate events to prove themselves right

If they tell you you'll have an accident, some that are evil can cause that to happen. At that point, don't argue with them. Just let god lead

I ws told one girl has initiated me into emire kingdom with fanta, I can't remember taking fanta from any girl. Since then I've been looking to see the girl that will offer me fanta. Lol.

I was also told I am a good footballer. I played ball last in second sch. 15yrs ago.

Another prophet told my sister that I'm a cultist that he sees me wearing uniform with my members. I did part time and didn't stay on campus, no time for campus life not to talk of cult. After that day, they started suspecting me at home. I am a god fearing young man with no thoughts of joining any cult.

My sister was told to marry her fiancee that is heaven made union. they are now seperated after 3yrs of marriage

Don't argue, let god have the final say

Of course God has the final say in everything, but for these do called prophets, instilling fear is their greatest weapon, or should I say their most lucrative gimmick, and if you know the basis of human psychology, fear sells, the best thing is not to go to them at all, and not availing them the opportunity to talk shit to you. That way you'd live a very fearless life, the only fear worth living with, is the fear if God.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ok
PierreDeFermat:
so,you never believed things would be better for you in 2017 until a prophet said it? So if things had gotten worse for you in 2017 and you are unable to get a job,he would come over and tell you its because you will encounter something bad at your work place? keep deceiving yourselves you and your prophets.
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by consultancy: 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
SheIsElle:
Sometimes earlier this year a prophet told me that a great opportunities will come my way, that I should endeavour to pay my tithe and offering when I receive my blessing. I thought she was referring to me getting my dream job. Six months down the line no great opportunity has presented itself, am yet to land my dream job.
with this your bad English you need to be more prayerful for that dream job to come
Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by sircrabo: 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
SnowJay92:

Of course God has the final say in everything, but for these do called prophets, instilling fear is their greatest weapon, or should I say their most lucrative gimmick, and if you know the basis of human psychology, fear sells, the best thing is not to go to them at all, and not availing them the opportunity to talk shit to you. That way you'd live a very fearless life, the only fear worth living with, is the fear if God.

God bless you, you read my mind. Fear is their major weapon. They know Africans respect their religious leaders a lot and have taken advantage of peoples gullibility knowing they'll believe anything they tell them. The best is not to go to thm at all cause once you allow them in, they put fear in you. A lot of women are out of marriage cause one prophet told them their husband is a ritualist and wants to use them for money rituals. A lot of people have accused their elderly ones in the village of witch craft. Mother inlaw and daughter inlaw at war cause of prophets.

There are a few good ones, majority use psychology to give their message.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Ridiculous Prophesy That Has Ever Been Given To You? by room089: 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2017
One told me early last year that I should lower my intake of alcohol and lessen the rate at which I talk in order not to run into trouble.

I was really taken aback: I don't take alcohol no matter how little the alcohol percentage is. Secondly, I'm an introvert: a very quiet person. I keep things to myself.

I come dey wonder what informed this kind of prophecy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See why fornications will completely warpe you off in no time / What Do Fornicators Mean By One Thing Led To Another? / An ATHEIST Has A Very High Possibility of Mental Illness Researches Reveal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.