Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era (52655 Views)

10 Super-easy Ways To Get More Visibility For Your Small Business / P-square Marks Their 38th Birthday And 2 Years Of Independence Since They Split / Stanbic IBTC Staff Dressed In Cultural Attires Ahead Of Independence Day(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by amunkita(m): 11:45pm On Oct 01, 2017
MrBigiman:

U think say Na Bobo juice abi. Go and hustle breakfast jare.

Sometimes,Taciturnity is bliss.

When stupid comments trigger you to make them,just restrain yourself.
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by MrBigiman: 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
amunkita:

Sometimes,Taciturnity is bliss.

When stupid comments trigger you to make them,just restrain yourself.

My friend go swim for canal. All this English doesn't fetch a kobo in ur pocket. Taciturnity my foot!

1 Like

Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by PierreDeFermat(m): 11:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
they are as good as forgotten and useless since none if their business still exists like it is in America where you have Hilton,McDonalds,etc. and what the seen have in common is that none of their children is half as wealthy and great as they are,I don't even know any child of anyone of them except for Dangote who is only a grandchild from mother side which doesn't count

1 Like

Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by Maski87: 5:13am On Oct 02, 2017
EVANS SHOULD BE ON THIS LIST
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by autotrader014(m): 7:33am On Oct 02, 2017
Nice one
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by judgedredd22(m): 7:34am On Oct 02, 2017
Ishilove:
All manner of rubbish comments dominated the first page. So many brain dead people on
Nairaland

babe... why kwanú? take am sofri sofri o! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by autotrader014(m): 7:39am On Oct 02, 2017
Ishilove:

I am an old woman? Good.

In that case, may you never live to see old age since aging is a now a taboo for you. You will die prematurely, while I move gracefully into old age. While people around you grow older, you will sleep and never wake up, since old age is what you are using to cuss somebody. You will never smell old age and your parents will outlive you. Amen.

I'm done with you and you are henceforth ignored. The idiocy from your rock bottom IQ and tiny brain is beginning to give me headaches.

Take it easy na, haba.. all u have been doing here is using abusive words, don't u have anything better to do or say, must u respond to every comment? Na wa oooh
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:06am On Oct 02, 2017
Pidgin2:

Firstly, i'm an optimist. Nigeria is not the problem, our leaders and even us have created what she is today. My conscience is clear, I didn't vote for Buhari tho tongue so I'm kind of enjoying the lamentations everywhere too grin grin You were my arch enemy why the sudden admiration? grin

First we were not enemies, we simply did not agree on a lot of things.

Neither did I vote for Buhari, but I knew the fault was not from him but from the system.
I know why the Nigerian economy collapsed and there was absolutely nothing Buhari could have done about it.

Admiration is about your positivity and not about you per season, but it could still end up being about you.

Search for Naija Discuss point on Facebook and help spread the message, or you could PM me.

Have a lovely week ahead.
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by GenOrumov: 8:28am On Oct 02, 2017
HBB1:

in the 1970s the dollar was at most equal to the naira.
izz nor maggi, love!
yes, you're very correct. but I can bet it with you this said money was in N and not $. in the 70's, we we're not reliant on the $ as of today because of the strong naira. Also i don't think Dangote was probably importing anything as at that time so it couldn't have been $.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by mavinc4u(f): 10:07am On Oct 02, 2017
genghiskhan007:

Where is all that money now?
Guess it was wssted on 2 Bs-
1 Biafra
2 Bianca angry

You can't even read. Shame on you.
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 02, 2017
mavinc4u:

You can't even read. Shame on you.

I don't have your time
One thing l know is that some particular set people never lkve to hear dtruth
Abi na lie l talk?
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by bitingbody: 11:12am On Oct 02, 2017
Where is my Father on the list. Fake list.
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by Babanews(m): 12:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
Very interesting post for educative purposes. It is incredible how these men generated wealth from hardwork.

They are our heroes past...See some Photos of this Super-rich men of independence era.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by Babanews(m): 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
NCP:
Good...

What about post independence era billionaires with the likes of Deizani, Evans, Dasuki and co

The post independence billionaires of Nigeria don't have any interesting story like we have in this list here. Even Dangote who is without a doubt industrious has a background from the Dantata Dynasty.

Even the list of Richest politicians in Nigeria lacks an iota of inspiration.

But Kudos to all the hustlers who are yet to make the list. May God bless our country.
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by MarieSucre(f): 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
moscobabs:
Where is Harry Akande? He was 7th Richest man in the world, contested for President 1999/2003

What about MKO Abiola?

The title states Rich Men Of The Independence Era. 1993/2003 I think not.
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by Ajgal10(f): 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
Aldebaran:
3)Timothy Odutola (1902-1995)

On March 25, 1943, the man who later became arguably the most respected politician and strategist in Nigeria, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, requested a loan of £1,400 from Timothy Odutola.

The loan, according to Awolowo, would be fully paid in 12 years. He did not get the loan. But, the duo would later form a strong political alliance in the old Western Region.

Stupendously rich, Odutola was the first president of the Manufacturers Association of Nigeria. He was reported to have established a multimillion-dollar business, including three factories, a retail franchise, a cattle ranch and a sawmill before 1960.

Before his breakthrough, he worked as a clerk in various departments of the Lagos Colony and in the Ijebu Native Administration between 1921 and 1932.

By 1932, he opened stores where he sold damasks and fish in various cities in the Western Region; and later, he began trading in cocoa and palm oil.

An enterprising man, he also dealt in sawmilling and gold mining. By 1967, he had begun production of tyres and tubes which did so well that he added a $1,700,000 plant, with the plan to harvest his own rubber from his 5,000-acre plantation.

“The time is coming when we will produce more than we can consume and we will have to look outside Nigeria for markets,” Odutola had once said.

Prior to his death, however, he might have been less optimistic, as he watched Nigeria’s political and economic growth take a turn for the worse under the jackboot of maximum ruler, Gen. Sani Abacha.

My friends grandpa. And the dude is so humble. The first time i heard this gist i almost did not believe. Great men of old!

1 Like

Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by Dollabiz: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by lereinter(m): 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
When nigerian politicians hear dangote is the richest man in africa grin

offshore panama safe haven
Re: 10 Super Rich Men Of Independence Era by rhames(m): 1:19am On Oct 03, 2017
Nuru Oniwo is not on the list why?

The largest trader and exporter of cow horns from the late 1920s to late 1940s.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Otedola, Dangote And Cecil Hammond At FIFA Best Awards Tonight (Photo) / Explosion At Government Line, Ọgbọ Ọgwụ Market, Onitsha. Many feared dead / Innoson Vs GTBank: EFCC Arrests Innocent Chukwuma In Enugu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.