Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones (25263 Views)

Refurbished Vs Used Phones / Uk-used Phones Can Land You In Jail Outside Nigeria – Tunji Disu / What They Do Not Tell You About Uk Used Phones: Read And Be Educated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Mrluv(m): 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2017
Today something happened that makes me speechless. There is one guy that bought a used phone from somebody in his street. He was tracked all the way from ogun state and picked up in his shop here in lagos.

According to the police, the phone was a stolen phone and the owner was kidnapped and ransom of 2 million was collected from him.

The reason i brought the story here. So the gurus in the house can help us that normally buy used phone. What is the first thing to do if we buy a used phone in case the phone was a stolen phone. Am not a thief ooo am only saying this for prevention purpose in case if we don't know that the phone was a stolen phone. As we all know all hands are not equal. If all of us can acquire what we want, I don't think anyone will want to buy used phone.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by hugoboss70(m): 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2017
No one will teach you that. Assuming thieves also learnt what u want to learn now?? How do we then track our stolen phones? Best advice buy a new phone there are good phones for all price ranges. Abi u wan hold 100k use iphone8?? grin shocked

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
My father warned me about buying used phones, UK used, hand to ✋. when I was younger and I don't even dear to buy used phones. if it's not new, ain't interested. I don't want police case.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by austinereds(m): 8:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
someone has got to be careful. if you must buy get it from a trusted dealer. not legberes

10 Likes

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by DesChyko: 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
Buy from Honest dealers who own shops, not hagglers. And when you buy, make sure you're given a receipt with all necessary details and signatures filled out.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by FirstCounsel(m): 12:17am On Oct 02, 2017
Yeah. I witnessed first hand a few months ago. A barber down my street was tracked by DSS all the way from Ondo State to Lagos because he purchased a second hand phone which apparently was stolen from a well heeled lady in Ondo State. Since then I warn peeps. Never buy a"fairly used phone" if you're not sure of the source.

8 Likes

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by udemzyudex(m): 6:35am On Oct 02, 2017
The only way to aviod the matter from being complicated is asking for receipt when you buy a phone..

the receipt shows evidence of payment and ownership.
if at all the person is arrested,then the best thing to do is go to court ,since u have the receipt nothing will happen.

if you buy a stolen goods,ur case will be worse than the person that stole it cos the police believe you're the one encouraging them to do so..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by vpaymoney(m): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2017
NAwa o. Without using the same sim card how can that tracking be possible when the sim has been removed and phone formatted?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by austinereds(m): 9:40am On Oct 02, 2017
vpaymoney:
NAwa o. Without using the same sim card how can that tracking be possible when the sim has been removed and phone formatted?

its very simple nah.

3 Likes

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by lyriclekidd(m): 9:42am On Oct 02, 2017
vpaymoney:

what century are you from??

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Solmax(m): 10:11am On Oct 02, 2017
vpaymoney:
It's the phone factory set IMEI number that is used for tracking across any network not SIM card or phone number.

6 Likes

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by FitnessDoctor: 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
Greatmind23:
A broke boy with six girlfriends??
We really need to be careful when dealing with all these small boys who dont believe in legit business.
I remember when they packaged and sold someone a cut USB cord as a flash drive.
You can also check my blog www.realfitbody.com for 4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Mobile Phone

1 Like

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Greatmind23: 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
I once bought one broke boy phone I slept with six of his girl friends in one month

1 Like

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by dsocioemmy(m): 4:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
hahahahahah. the op said am not a thief o... Save urself the risk and buy new phone even though na small one

2 Likes

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by tayorh(m): 4:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
Save yourself the wahala and buy a new phone, if you must buy a used phone buy from a shop, don't patronize roadside miscreants..
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by SUPOL(m): 4:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
Abeg who get used iPhone 6. Awan buy
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2017
Awuf dey run belle
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by kelvine(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2017
iphone 4 de

SUPOL:
Abeg who get used iPhone 6. Awan buy
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by santopelele(m): 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2017
I needs more commentoooo, Abeg
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by SUPOL(m): 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2017
kelvine:
iphone 4 de

No anowan 4
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by agarawu23(m): 4:23pm On Oct 02, 2017
If I hear
Where money to buy new one

1 Like

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Sunkyphil(m): 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
me no dey buy used phone if its not new i no dey buy
Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by userplainly(m): 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
Enerhen junction!! na dia way be this..... bought fone dah has virus there unknowingly, I didn't use the use up to a month bfor I flog the fone for 8k, fone wen I buy 22k.......dah was 2012 (HTC HD7)

2 Likes

Re: Fate Of Those That Buy Used Phones by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mrluv:
Today something happened that makes me speechless. There is one guy that bought a used phone from somebody in his street. He was tracked all the way from ogun state and picked up in his shop here in lagos.

According to the police, the phone was a stolen phone and the owner was kidnapped and ransom of 2 million was collected from him.

The reason i brought the story here. So the gurus in the house can help us that normally buy used phone. What is the first thing to do if we buy a used phone in case the phone was a stolen phone. Am not a thief ooo am only saying this for prevention purpose in case if we don't know that the phone was a stolen phone. As we all know all hands are not equal. If all of us can acquire what we want, I don't think anyone will want to buy used phone.

Prove that you are not a thief

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap / 4 Extremely Useful Android Apps You Can't Find On The Playstore / Wiko Slide 2 Review and Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.