Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,198 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:30 AM

October First - My Day Of Independence - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / October First - My Day Of Independence (3833 Views)

What's Your Memory Of Independence? (tell Us A Story) / This Picture Made My Day / Free Download The Book,'the Tragedy Of Independence' By Olakunle Soriyan. A Must (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

October First - My Day Of Independence by Bibi294(f): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
I had stabbed him, I would do that repeatedly. I was his second wife and he had married three wives after all. He should die, and if I was to marry a man like him over again, I would stab him over and over.

I wanted to be on my own, I wanted to have more husbands just like he did, yet he deprived me! I had begged and begged for my own independence right in my home. When he heard I was going out with Chukwuka, he had beaten me and ridiculed me among my children and step children.

Nafisat, the woodpecker had ridiculed me and called me names, so did Sawawu, the Yoruba woman who would go any length to win our husband's heart. They had threaten to kill me if anything happened to our husband who was lying lifelessly on the floor. My children had splited of course, some were in support while some would ratherdie with their father... It was over anyways.

It was October Ist and I had come to settle it amicably when he started ranting and mumbling.

"If you are not mine, no one would have you!" He had threatened with a knife. I refused being intimidated by a useless man whose only advantage was making babies.

I remembered how he forcefully took his father's property over a jubilee ago, I wanted to pay him back in his own coin, killing him the same way he had killed his father
Before he could blink, I had stabbed him, I wanted my INDEPENDENCE and I had gotten it.
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by yewande1234(f): 5:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
Nice one........ Ma
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by Bibi294(f): 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
.... I could hear their chanting and shattering and I was not ready to open the door... It was a war song.... My rivals and our children wanted to know what happened to our Husband and their father! My mind was made up, hardened like a rock! I had killed him and I was ready for any judgement! Nafisat had charged towards me, running like a mad dog, I had closed my eyes awaiting death as the dagger she held was so sharp.... Few second later, I heard the song.... So solemn and I saw Nafisat and everyone joined.... I knelt in tears as I sang along...
"Lord, we pray for golden peace....
Peace all over the land...
My all men dwell in liberty....
Walking hand in hand...

Chr: Banish fear and ignorance
Hunger, thirst and pain
Banish hate and poverty...
Let no man in vain."

THE END.

1 Like

Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by Bibi294(f): 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
yewande1234:
Nice one........ Ma
thanks ma
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by hpymoment(f): 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2017
Bibi nice write up. Happy independence!
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by pitlaterine(f): 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
Are you a freelance writer? Do you want to earn money by writing articles?

Join www.ni-lance.com now and write yourself into fame.

P.S: www.ni-lance.com is a Nigerian freelance website.
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by Bibi294(f): 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
hpymoment:
Bibi nice write up. Happy independence!
Thanks Corper happymoment
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by DanielsParker(m): 8:01am On Oct 02, 2017
okay
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by tillaman(m): 8:01am On Oct 02, 2017
Nice one, keep up the good work
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by Finstar: 8:01am On Oct 02, 2017
Nm
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by chieyine(m): 8:02am On Oct 02, 2017
Nice
She wasn't killed

But killed her husband cos he only knows how to make children and won't give in to her adultery
Hurray to your independence of sorrow O woman

1 Like

Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by Garuniwa: 8:05am On Oct 02, 2017
yewande1234:
Nice one........ Ma
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by XtremelyCoded(m): 8:13am On Oct 02, 2017
What a story!
Nigeria and Biafra

1 Like

Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by Thukzee01(m): 8:15am On Oct 02, 2017
Lemme goan read it first b4 i comment grin
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by PMBfirstson(m): 8:22am On Oct 02, 2017
what kind of independence is this
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by EmperorLee(m): 8:39am On Oct 02, 2017
If na Reminisce video wey man beat woman, una go complain. Woman kill man now, she say na independence.

It's just fiction anyways. Put a disclaimer, on it Mama Bi
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by lyriclekidd(m): 9:05am On Oct 02, 2017
lol smh
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by mykh01(m): 9:27am On Oct 02, 2017
Shey u no see say he don marry, before u join d entouraga of wives.
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by akigbemaru: 10:46am On Oct 02, 2017
Bibi294:
I had stabbed him, I would do that repeatedly. I was his second wife and he had married three wives after all. He should die, and if I was to marry a man like him over again, I would stab him over and over.

I wanted to be on my own, I wanted to have more husbands just like he did, yet he deprived me! I had begged and begged for my own independence right in my home. When he heard I was going out with Chukwuka, he had beaten me and ridiculed me among my children and step children.

Nafisat, the woodpecker had ridiculed me and called me names, so did Sawawu, the Yoruba woman who would go any length to win our husband's heart. They had threaten to kill me if anything happened to our husband who was lying lifelessly on the floor. My children had splited of course, some were in support while some would ratherdie with their father... It was over anyways.

It was October Ist and I had come to settle it amicably when he started ranting and mumbling.

"If you are not mine, no one would have you!" He had threatened with a knife. I refused being intimidated by a useless man whose only advantage was making babies.

I remembered how he forcefully took his father's property over a jubilee ago, I wanted to pay him back in his own coin, killing him the same way he had killed his father
Before he could blink, I had stabbed him, I wanted my INDEPENDENCE and I had gotten it.
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by Bibi294(f): 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
XtremelyCoded:
What a story!

Nigeria and Biafra
The hidden truth I guess grin
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by KingNom(m): 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
This sounds like Nig and IPOB matter oh! Could it be?
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
Quite creative Bibi
Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by Bibi294(f): 8:23pm On Oct 02, 2017
KingNom:
This sounds like Nig and IPOB matter oh! Could it be?
KingNom... May God intervene in our matter

1 Like

Re: October First - My Day Of Independence by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
Wow!...Bibi! I just ran into this.
'tis a fantastic write...SHORT AND FANTASTIC cool.
I went on to check some of your other writes, bae, you're really good...and quiet creative, and.....
you're pretty too. *winks*

I'll try to be keeping in touch with your writeups here now.

Bi bi....
so good that they named her twice. cheesycheesy gringrin.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Adventure With Aunty Caro (18+)… Part 33 / Poem Hunting ;) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.